Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 16th-30th 2010 #1

Belfie I am SO glad you like the sleepywrap-It is so comfy isn't it!!! Did Annika fall asleep in it right away? Harlow did! It is nice being "hands free" to do things aswell! I just got a black wrap, I figure if David wanted to wear it he would be happier with a black one and I also wear alot of black and am not a big "colour" person so black suits me better..I really wanted a grey one but I couldn't find any in stock!!!

Bec- Happy one month to Isaac, How adorable he smiled for you Withthe sleepy wrap it IS hard to put onthe first time, It took me a few goes to get it to sit right but now it is SO easy to put on-You will be amazed by how long the material is for it!! There is a youtube tutorial and one on ebay aswell that shows you a way of wrapping it which I found easier than they say in their instruction booklet, I can give you the link if you like

Pantha- Thankyou, I just feel with FF I have taken the "Easy" option because David can now feed her & she isn't latched to me 24/7, I feel a bit bad about it because I had every intention for BFing for longer.. Jett has adjusted really well to having a sister, thankyou for asking! I have noticed he is trying to get our attention more by playing up a little but mostly he is really great, wanting to hold her & feed her and asking us 1000 questions about her..He strokes her hair and says "Hello beautiful" to her in this really cute little voice..so far-so good!!

Harlow has started smiling and coo-ing at us..It is SO ridiculously cute!! She is also sleeping on her side like Jett did as a baby too. It is amazing how different they look but how alike they can be..I cannot believe she will be a month old tomorrow, seriously-How do I stop her from growing up? I get a bit upset that she is getting bigger each day because I know she will be my last baby (I only plan on two kidlets)..!!

This is the tutorial that shows you the easiest way to put on the sleepywrap:
    YouTube - EASY Sleepywrap (baby wrap) Instructions

Wite - I so know what you mean - I don't want Hannah to grow up.. she is just too perfect just now. Enjoy Harlow's cooing - how very cute.

Kirsten - how ar you doing? Did the appointment/s help you any? Hope so.

Hey, still here lurking. Had my 2nd appointment today and am feeling much more positive about things. We are dealing with the grief over the miscarriages next week which should be a hoot!

Anyway, nursing a cranky bub so must go and sort him out. Will update more when I have 2 hands!

K

hi everyone, wow i missed 3 pages worth of stuff, just took my an hour to read it all going back and forth with the kids, finally there both asleep and i might go for a sleep too. I cant remember everything i was going to say but here goes, but seems everyone is all at similar stages... isabella is smiling too which is just gorgeous, and she put on 815g at her 4 week check.

Pantha - i am still bleeding too, ive had a D&C but for my PCOS yrs ago.. nothing to be scared about at all.just a tad crampy after. I have my 6 week check on wednesday with the GP and thursday with the ob, and if im still bleeding hell prob put me on antibiotics too cos he did with DS.
    Cradle cap looks like little flakes rather dandruff dry skin - if that makes sense lol its more yellow looking and u can easily lift each bit off with the flick of your nail.. but it is horrible cos you just want to pick at it so bad lol well at least i do. DS STILL has some, so every bubs is different in length of it staying. ive even heard some ppl have it into adulthood..

wite - i agree about the formula, your choice, i would just tell the midwife with confidence in your voice that thats the way it is and your fine with that. if you sound ashamed of it, your opening yourself to the lovely midwife opinions..
    They do grow so quick too hey. I told DP im not done having kids yet, he seemed a little surprised but at least hes been told to be prepared for when i start getting maternal again LOL It must feel strange to know you arent going to have anymore. I guess the end of a chapter, but we cant keep having babies forever i guess LOL

Deana- that little man of yours is really giving you a good run with things hey.. lol poor little chook, reflux is horrible. hope he finds some relief soon.

Bec - i really feel for you with Issacs dad. I endlessly kept thinking to myself what am i going to tell Ash about his dad. (never did i think he would be apart of his life) and its very hard! I do hope you catch him down. cos as soon as he knows, he has to live the rest of his life knowing he has a son out there and he is very lucky you are giving him the opportunity to have some part in issacs life. If he does nothing about it, at least you can be reassured you did the right thing telling him about it and trying on your behalf.

Fuzzy - u poor thing having gastro! and so brave still going out! glad its cleared! i remember having it pregnant and that was horrid, cant imagine looking after a new born at the same time.
    I dont think they can get it thru breastmilk, as someone said, they get the antibodies in breastmilk.

Hi everyone else. All is really good here. isabella is such a good baby i cant complain. nights vary, but generally she has a few good hours sleep, but from about 3-4 she can have me up every hour. on a good night ive only got up 2-3 times - still have to change her nappy tho, now its started leaking!! might try aldi nappies soon see if its the size thats the issue.. tho she prob still feeds quite a bit!
    Day time she can be pretty unsettled, usually in the morning she just wants to be held everywhere but from midday i usually get her to have some pretty good sleeps.

Ive been looking at lots of houses and started to find some really nice 3 bedroom places near DPs end of the woods (hes good half hour away) thats close enough to my price range so im starting to get more excited about moving out.. and seriously cant wait to have my own place!! Mums dogs are driving me INSANE!! everything up this end is all tiny 2 bedroom units for the same price so it seems silly to stay here when i really dont have anything out here for me.... mum still wants me to stay close tho.. so funny.. she has a bad case of cant live with them cant live without them syndrome.

Both kiddies are still asleep so i better go sleep too whilst i can.. Ds will wake up very grumpy and hungry and being its 5pm and i should wake him up cos itll be a VERY late night.. i just LOVE this quiet!

Sending sleepy vibes to all the bubs out there...

Been a while Buzzie! ha ha. no we are just a chatty bunch really. Isabella sounds like a doll. And when you talk of her nighttime patterns I breathe a sigh of relief as Chloe is the same. I get anxious when I read of others with bubs that sleep more than 5-6 hours at a time overnight as I am so bloody JEALOUS! ha ha. Good luck house hunting!

Kirsten - glad you are feeling better and I cant imagine how hard it would have been going through the miscarraiges. Fill us in more on Samuel when you get a chance

Last night Chloe cried so heavily and for so long that I thought at one point she had stopped breathing. It was like a silent cry and it was HORRIBLE. She ended up hyperventilating and then completely conking out. She was simply rediculously overtired. Up from 2:30 pm until i eventually got her down at 9pm. Needless to say I learnt a hell of a lot of lessons about tired bubs yesterday. ha ha

Kirsten - GL - it's pretty damn hard - getting on with things in the aftermath of grief and bereavemnent. Sometimes it really hits me when I look at Hannah that there are 4 angels of ours that we will never have the opportunity to parent, but at least we got to hold and meet 3 of them. It's so unfair really, but what is past can't be changed. I am so happy that I do have this opportunity with Hannah - I never thought it would actually happen. Anyway, I guess I am saying, I have some understanding of what you might be going through. Big hugs for Sam and you.

Buzzy - it has been a while. Hope you're ok - GL with moving house. I am so not done with having kids either..... but haven't yet been that direct with DH....

Pantha - try not to be too scared - if you need a D&C to protect your health than that's ok. They use a light anaesthetic so it doesn't usually knock you around too much.

Here are a couple of questions for everyone - has anyone DTD yet? Hmm I have forgotten the other question... doh. Started my antibiotics today - have to take every 6 hours and 30 mins before food! That is going to drive me batty - just about to look up about the antibiotics to get some more info. What is it with not getting the info sheets with prescriptions anymore?

dory... yes to DTD. We were going crazy waiting and got the all clear from the Dr at my check-up. Was a little bit painful, but once things... readjusted... it was all good lol

Dory - I was gonna ask the same thing lol but my circumstance is a little different with the 3rd degree tearing. I have my 6week check next Wednesday and will get the ok or not but as much as I feel sometimes I would like too again especially DP - I'm REALLY nervous about it!

No to DTD here yet..
    I remember with DS I had a big episiotimy so alot of stitches and DTD for the first couple of times was rather uncomfortable and frustrating with all the "going slow, ease it in" (LOL!)..!

Harlow is a month old today!! She is currently having her big morning snooze and I really should be using this time to clean the house but meh..!

Wite - how soon did u dtd after the cut?

No to DTD here yet although am thinking I am about ready now.

Thanks for the responses.... Pantha go you good thing! Buzzy I understand waiting...... Fuzzy I think I am ready too and am nervous but am going to wait til next week at least.

None here either - wanted to wait to my check up, given the caesarean and now the infection and all. We had a massive DTD drought during the pregnancy ( 6 1/2 months) and when we DTD it was as Wite said - very cautious and slow. No hanging from the chandeliers in our house for a while, that's for sure.

Wite - Happy 1 month to Harlow... forget the housework, chatting to friends is way more important.

I am visiting my Mum tomorrow - about 2 hours drive. Am a bit apprehensive but I know things will be ok with the drive and Hannah. Just need to go after a feed. It's the first time I have been to visit her since March this year ( as during the preg I couldn't really go anywhere)... I am excited to be out and about!

The other good news is Hannah has put on weight and is right where she should be and is otherwise healthy according to the paed, we had an appointment today. Have to keep up with the motilium for my supply and the comp feeds but she is gradually having less of the comp feed.

Also I made a pizza dough today and must have done something right - it more than tripled in size! It's massive. It grew so much it was pushing out of the top of the very large bowl I had it proving in. Can't wait to eat it.

Have a good weekend and love to all those precious little babies of ours.

Buzzie- From memory I think we DTD at about 8 weeks after having Jett...It was really uncomfortable at first because (I'm sorry I don't know how to word this any other way) I felt "tight". Only the first couple of times DTD after it was a slow process at the beginning but after a few times things felt completly back to normal...And with Jett I had a pretty big episiotimy basically from front to back.

Dory- I agree, chatting to friends definatly is more important than cleaning! I didn't bother, I tidied what i could, had friends over for dinner last night and said "Scuse the mess, i just couldn't be bothered cleaning it for you"..haha pretty direct but they didn't care & I for a change didn't either..the place was tidy enough! Hope you had a really lovely day out visiting your Mum today & the drive went well..
    That is SO SO exciting about the pizza dough getting a fantastic rise- Only I (A massive foody!) could get as excited as something like that!! I love a good risen dough that you can poke your fingers in and watch it completly deflate before rolling it!!! Yummo-Enjoy!

Dory - I'm so happy to hear HB is doing better weight-wise, what a fabulous job you're doing!

Wite - good on you re dinner & friends, awesome way to go I think!

Re DTD, we haven't yet but DH raised the topic... and my first thought was oh I'm sure we can do that for some reason or other how sad is that! Like Dory, we had a bit of time out during the PG for many reasons, so I guess we'd better get back to it at some stage (gee could I sound less interested? mwahaha).

Fuzzy - it's so horrible when they cry like that isn't it. Such a steep learning curve these babies... even the second time round!

Buzzie - GL with house hunting & I'm glad little Bella is going well

Kirsten - there can be a lot of stuff lurking re miscarriages I agree, I hope talking it through helps you.

AFM well it's all chaos here. Tonight for the third time ever I got a silent migraine - basically vision disturbance & lots of pins & needles. Had it at the start of the PG and ended up in ED cos I don't usually have migraines (had once before 15 years ago) and they thought it was cos of the PG or a fall I'd had. So I have no idea what set me off but of course it was right at dinnertime, A was screaming, X was trying to eat dinner, DH was trying to organise everything and I couldn't see properly! I've also got a head cold, so i have a headache but not a migraine headache IYKWIM (thank goodness) but geez I'm still feeling lousy. Plus A has been on & off inconsolable and was SCREAMING her head off poor little darling. I don't know whether it's colic or the reflux meds not quite enough... i still can't believe how different she is to my DS. Everythign I did with him so doesn't work for her. And just when I think we have everything under control & we've worked out how to do everything then it seems to fall apart again. Plus she was spewing heaps on Fri... seriously had all 3 of us covered in spew on fri morning & I think all up 5 changes of clothes in an hour (some mine, some hers, and even DS's top!), lordy no wonder I have so much washign to do. My sleepywrap really needs a wash but I'm using it so much... might need a second one bwahaha. I'm finding I can't nap at all in the daytime just cos she's so unsettled. I think I reached the delirious stage on thurs night, just too many days in a row with not enuff sleep. Then Thurs & Fri night were a bit better luckily before i went completely bonkers.

Deana - saw on FB that poor little Blake has reflux I'm so sorry to hear it I really hope the mylanta helps a bit. And if you do end up trying zantac, if that doesn't work, losec is another option too. I hope you're getting some relief for both of you - reflux is just such a PITA! I don't know why my GP didn't put A on mylanta first, he just went straight to Losec - whatever works I guess.

Hi to everyoen I missed.

Damn I just wrote a big post and lost it.

Was hoping you guys had some advice regarding self-settling. Are they too young to start teaching this too now? Literature is contradictory on whether they are able to learn the skill before 3 months old.

Anyway - our typical day goes - feed, change, feed/play then into bed (swaddled). I try to put her down drowsy. Most of the time she wakes up a little more and I try patting her and making soothing noises but she often will progress to the crying stage. Then what do I do? Leave her to cry? I dont like this thought. If I leave her to cry out does she just think that we have deserted her?? (yikes). OR do I pick her up again for a while and try again? I have been doing the latter but it often takes about 4 or 5 goes (tiring!!) if it works at all. Sometimes it takes so long she gets hungry again so I have to feed her! I think maybe 1 try in 15 or so might work but thats it.

thoughts? advice? Is this normal??

wite - i can understand the 'tight' feeling. i feel it now without even DTD lol
    Belfie - i hear you on not sounding interested. Poor DP is really hanging for it but my nerves that thinks its gonna hurt is happy to make me wait.

Fuzzy - i have heard leaving them to cry at this age is not a good idea as they are building trust with you, plus they cry for a genuine reason, not just to get up and play. Im trying a bit of self settling with Bella but only putting her down drowsy and seeing if she can get to sleep... she has been forced to a couple times the last couple nights cos iam having issues with DS atm, so if they both cry... i only have hands for one.. and he screams louder so hell just keep waking her if i can settle him!
    I dont know what to advise..bella has started to take longer to get to sleep, and i just do all the rocking and bouncing and patting till she zonks and put her to bed. I dont let her cry for long at all if she wakes during the night too.. she resettles pretty quick after.

Isabella went up a size in nappies yesterday... highly recommend Aldi!! there great, helps both kids are on them now. and shes in 000... growing so fast!

yay got my new Avvy!!! THANKS SARAH!! LOVE IT!

I second the Aldi nappies..that is what DS is in and I bought a couple of packs for Harlow before she was born, she finally fits into them now and they sit better around her legs than the Huggies did-Plus at like 4.99 a packet now for 26 of them-I'm certainly sticking to them!!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast