Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, April '05 #2

Deb I'm looking into a day stay with Tressillian. Problem is I need a Drs referral to go which means $42 just to get a piece of paper! The little monkey sleeps so well during the day, so not sure if it will be worth it, but am still looking at it. Yay on a 7hr sleep, can I borrow Gabby to show Zander how it's done?!

How did Jenna go with her heel ***** Fi? Zander wasn't fussed with his, by the time he got it he was so used to them - he wasn't feeding properly so they were doing BSLs on him every few hours. The problem with the hammock Fi is that he has to have it moving to go to sleep. Today I've got him on the floor in his snugglebed so he can learn to sleep without the movement - seems to be working so far.

Oooh just checked the website and the referral can come from the ECHN, so I will definately ask when we go tomorrow.

Sarah, why will it cost you $42 for a referall? Doesn't your Dr bulk bill? Good that you can get it from the ECHN though. I was going to suggest Tressillian to you. My gf has just been there for a week stay with her 16 month old. She found it really helpful, just wonder if she will stilck to the routine now that she is home with him though.

Take care
    Trish

Nope, he doesn't bulk bill at all

What a bummer Sarah.

I have updated Tehya's page too, added a few pics from her photo shoot. I will swap them over in a couple of weeks to show more of them.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

It's a pity you need a referral at all, Sarah. I just had to call ours and I got an appointment much faster than I thought I would! Maybe it's because Gabby is so little so they put me in straight away?? Who knows or cares. I really just want to get settling and feeding down pat instead of guessing all the time. I hope Zander slept ok today without the movement.

I think Gabby only sleeps so much at night because of the comp feed. There is no way she would sleep that long if I only BF her to before she slept. The formula is heavy on her tummy. The last 2 nights she has only had between 20 and 40mls though so she's not overly dependent on it. It's just a sure fire way for me to guarantee some sleep. Selfish, hey??

Trish - good to hear that Tehya passed her hearing test no worries. Oh dear @ the police cars across the road. Isn't it lovely when stuff like that happens? Nothing like a drug raid or something to make us feel comfortable with our neighbours, LOL. We used to have feral druggos across the street that would have huge domestics all the time. We used to listen in to their crap all the time, LOL. We had a party once where some friends of friends ended up having a huge fight out the front so I guess we are just as feral as them! LOL

Gabby just fell asleep with me singing "Rockabye Baby" to her over and over. Awwww... it was so cute. I started crying because it was such a beautiful thing to experience. Can you imagine loving something any more than your babies? I mean, I love my dogs and all but I can't sing lullabyes to them, LOL.

Fi - how is your first day @ home going? Feeling less sore?

Sarah- watch out for door handles too, I have done that. If there was no bruise then it wasn't too serious, just gave Zander a scare.

Welcome Fi, and I love the pics too, and Gabby and Jenna look like life long friends already. Jenna is absolutely gorgeous and you did an amazing job, well done.

Deb- sounds like sleep is improving at your place, good for you!

Colleen- hope you are all better over there and things have settled, woohoo on the weight loss.

Kayla- your poor dd, how long does it last, hope nobody else gets it, it must be awful for you.

Everyone else, hope you are all well and your bubbies are being nice to you all.
    Michelle

Morning Girls,

Hope that everyone got a fairly good nights sleep. Mine was ok, apart from getting up around 2 am to a spewing and pooing Noah. Oh the joys. Spewing has stopped but is pooing like water atm. Typical, had to happen on a preschool day, I was looking forward to my peace and quiet day The thing is that's probably where he picked it up from and while I won't send my child sick others do ](*,)

Colleen, thanks for the comments about Tehya's pics. I think they're to cute too.

Deb, we listen to our feral neighbours too, nothing like feeling abit upper class to them LOL at you guys being feral too, I guess we can all get that way sometimes. How sweet you singing to Gabby, isn't it good how they just have to put up with it and can't even tell us to shut up if they don't like it. Not meaning you personally of course, just in general, I'm sure you sing lovely

Fi, hope that you and Jenna are doing well. BTW I love her pics, the one of the 2 of you on the front page is too sweet. As is the one of Jenna and Gabby together.

Sarah, how did your night go with Zander? Only 1 more sleep til our meetup. Hoping all babies are well behaved hey

Hope everyone has a great day.

Take care
    Trish

Awww poor Noah. Tehya's photos look great, who'd have thought she was pooping the whole time?!

Awww how cute of you singing to Gabby Deb

We had an absolute shocker last night. Zander was asleep at 9.30 so we went to bed at 10.00 after Lost finished. Between 10.00 & 11.15 I got up 5 times to screaming baby ](*,) I had a total meltdown, telling Aaron I just need to sleep. He got up to look after him, so I could rest. Anyways he had his bottle at 12.00 & stayed awake until 3.00 for his next bottle then finally went to sleep around 4.30 - so poor Aaron was up ALL night while I slept. So then at 6.15 I rang dad to tell him not to worry about waiting to drop Aaron off, he's not going to work. Go back to bed & at 6.30 Zander is up again. This child just will not sleep during the night.

Sarah - Sorry to hear about your bad night. Hope you all get some rest today.

Colleen - Hope you and James get some rest today as well.

Trish - Teyha's pic's are beautiful! Josh walked past the computer when I was having a look and said that she was adorable. Hope Noah starts to pick up for you. I always feel miserable when any of my boys aren't well.

We had a good night last night. Jacob had a feed at 12:30 and didn't wake up again until 7:30! Makes up for the fussy period ealier last night between 6ish and 10:30 when he just grissled constantly and wanted to be feed and held. At the moment he is laying in the lounge dozing with Josh hovered over him with a camera trying to capture a pic of him doing wind smiles LOL.
    Had a pretty good day taking him out yesterday. He decided that he does like his pram and slept during our little shopping expedition. Got the cutest little jacket for him at KMart - navy with pale blue fleece and tigger on the front for $19 it's so cute! Today I finally have to go through the boxes of crap in our garage that have been there since we moved in to find my winter pj's and wash everything. It was really chilly here last night so I had to go to bed in my trackies and the gorgeous jumper I wear when we are doing painting - just looked gorgeous NOT LOL!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Sarah - what a fantasic hubby you have! I am so sorry that Zander doesn't sleep at night. I know I get frustrated at Gabby not sleeping during the day but at least I get some rest at night. I think I would go nuts! Definitely get that referral for the Day Stay I reckon. Some settling techniques etc. might just do the trick.

Nat - LOL @ looking sooooo attractive when going to bed last night. I don't think we are meant to look attractive straight after having a baby but you having 5! Do you ever get a chance to pamper yourself?? I don't know how you do it! LOL @ Josh trying to catch Jacob's windy smiles. I should do that with Gabby. It's sooooo funny - that and when she rolls her eyes.

Colleen - sorry to hear that you had a shocker too. Zander and James must have the same day/night confusion going on!

Trish - the pics of Tehya are just amazing! I am going to show Neil the pic of Mark with her cos that's what I want. Neil has a tattoo on his arm so I want that in the photo. It's a band with waves and a sun in the middle. For his 30th I want to pay for him to get Gabby's initials tattooed on him somewhere. Hmmm.... maybe I will get one too?? Naah! Labour was enough, LOL. Poor little Noah getting sick Hope it clears up soon. LOL @ Gabby not being able to tell me off for singing. You are so right! I betcha she will be telling me to shut up in a couple of years time! I sung her asleep again this morning. This time it was "You are my Sunshine". She loves it. Gotta do what works, right??

Had another good night last night. Gabby didn't wake up until 8pm from her afternoon nap. Gave her a feed and Mum burped her. We got some really nice photos and will try to get them on her site now unless she wakes up. Lauren came over after work because she wanted to watch Gabby have a bath. So we bathed her at 9:30 and got some more nice photos. Lauren took some video too which I have been really slack with. I honestly thought I would have hours of footage by now but I haven't even finished one tape! I should get it out more often. She had another feed the I topped her up with the bottle. She was asleep from about 10:30 til 5am. I brought her into our bed again and fed her then we slept from 6-8am. Got her up, had a feed. I put her in the bouncer while I had a shower then I wrapped her up, sung to her and she is back down again. Hopefully for an hour or so before her next feed.

Hellooooo. Oh thank goodness we are in resty mode at the mo. we did not have the best night in this house!! My milk started coming in yesterday afternoon, so poor little Jenna had to deal with increasing volumes all afternoon, and poor mummy didn't really know what to do with it all!! She wasn't attaching well and was sucking in heaps of air, getting heaps of wind and just generally pretty unhappy. Shane and I did a bit of a tag team thing - I swear God sent me an angel in that man - and we got muddled sleep all night.
    Finally at 4:30 he bought her into bed and we all slept through til about 7am. I am feeling decidedly like a cow though with all the feeding requests. She tends to gobble, and gets alot really quickly, so I am having to do lots of shorter feeds off one booby. And hand expressing!! OMG - I so dont need a pump! I just look at them and the milk pours out.

But this morning baby bathed, slept, played with, fed, changed, played with and slept, and she is just going down again - as am I!! Naps required all around.

The dom midwife came and did a weight check - shes put on 110g in about 36hrs, so she was happy with that, and the heel ***** test was done without a murmur. Like I say - the little minx only acts up when noone is around - Shane got his first dose of her lsat night!!!! Other than that she is a precious angel.

I'm committed to being a good community BB member once I have caught some Zzzzz's, and I still have to post our birth notice in the paper, call the indurance company about my camera, wash the nappies AND pay the bills!! Someone tell me this gets easier!!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

It certainly is a juggling act, hey Fi? I wish I could tell you it gets easier but I am desperately asking the same question, LOL. Yay that you have so much milk! I personally think that is an excellent dilemma. Sure beats not having enough (even though it has been proven to me that I am doing just fine in that department).

Gabby's nap only lasted 30 minutes this morning but that's better than nothing. I got her up, we had a play, had a looonnnng feed (an hour - I refuse to feed longer than that!) and now I have tried to get her down again. We will see how long it lasts. She sleeps so well at night, I am wondering if the reason why she doesn't nap during the day is because she sleeps so much at night. Apparently babies her age are meant to sleep for 16 hours. At least half of that is used at night so I guess I just have to put up with the little cat naps that she has, hey?

Deb, I think that sounds like a great idea for a pic, Neil and his tattooed arm and Gabby, sort of like a hard and sweet thing - ykwim. Yay at getting ANOTHER good nights sleep Envy is alive and well here.

Sarah, I hope that you get some rest today, sounds like you guys really need it. I know this sounds mean but can you send Zander over to your Mums house for a while and get some shut eye. Afterall she has had 4 kids herself, and i'm sure she can handle him for a few hours. Just a suggestion, a break might be what is in need.

Fi, It's called multi tasking, something women are great at because we have to be and men generally aren't because they have their mothers or wives to do it for them. LOL on being a cow, I used to sit there somedays after spending the majority of it feeding him mooing, it's exactly what I felt like.Fanastic that Shane is helping you out so much and on Jennas weight gain, boobies are sure working well.

Colleen, hope that you are getting some well earnt rest too. Hope James' pecker is ok today.

Nat, who cares about looking nice when going to bed atm. The last thing I want to do is encourage Mark Josh is a sweety, tell him I said thank you. Sounds like you got a good sleep out of Jacob last night.

Well Noah is still sick, I swear when I change his nappy (yup in nappies for the whole day today, not risking it) it is like someone has just poured a cup a liquid poo in there, he hasn't been eating and only had a little lemonade so I don't know whats coming out. Thankfully he hasn't spewed again though.
    When Tehya got up this moring she had poo everywhere too, worse of all in my bed, so theres another set of sheets for the day to change. I have spent the better part of the day clean up poo and washing sheets and pooey clothes. Nice hey.

Bring on tomorrow when I can escape it all. Mark called earlier and I begged him to come home. Hmm all I got was laughter, I geuss that means no. Don't blame him either, if I had it my way I'd be out without them all too.

Both of the babies are down at the moment, if I was a smart girl I'd be sleeping but then again I am a blonde

Take care
    Trish

Deb - it looks like Gabby and Jenna are in reverse of each other!! I am going to get heaps done during the day cause she sleeps so well - just not sure about the nights.....
    The dom midwife confirmed that she will have similar patterns to in the womb until about 3-6 weeks old, and not to get stressed about patterns until then.
    I mean - does it matter if I can't sleep all night when I have nothing to do the next day? This is a full time job, and tonight I'm just going to chill out and say - "little girl, if you dont want to sleep - you dont have to! But lets have quiet time so daddy can at least catch some Zz's".

I dont know how you feed for an hour!! Jenna gets so milk drunk after about 10mins she is a big ragdoll in my arms. The midwife told me to burp her, and then try again on the same booby. The more I can get out of each breast, the better milk she is getting - all the fat stuff rather than the sugary. I dont have to use the other one at all if I dont need to - they can swap next feed.

Shane will be going out to get a cabbage when he wakes up!! I need some relief from this tight feeling!

Deb - I think its lovely you are singing to Gabby - I can't wait until Jenna can focus on my face and I can seek a response from her. How wonderful for your night sleeps, it must make a huge difference to feeling great. Thanks for your comments re: me looking radiant. I have to return the compliment cause I think you are looking great too!

Nat - how exciting on the expedition!!! I think we are taking Jenna out to netball tomorrow - her first trip out. Hopefully she will be asleep so noone will want to hold her and disturb her. Hasn't the weather been so strange in Melbourne. 29 on Monday and cold ever since!!

Sarah - I hear ya on the tag team. I'm not sure how I am going to handle Shane when he gets cranky from no sleep and working. I just want him to stay home all the time. I agree with the others - a settling day-stay sounds like a good idea.

Trish - how shocking for little Noah. I had my first baby spew last night - all over my clean jammies and her cute little outfit. The pooey nappies were no drama to scrub, I didn't mind it at all. Lets wait and see when they are the texture of water huh? YUCK! I will have to take a look at your shots - Shane and I want to get some done at some stage - maybe when we are exchanging vows.......

Second #2 out of the way! Hooray!! The midwife said my stiches are looking good, and they aren't too bad. I'm not cut that much, and she doesn't blame me that I'm too afraid to check them out. Itchy itchy though...

Better get back to the little angel - she will be waking for a feed soon.

Fi

Wow sounds like you guys had a great shopping expedition yesterday Nat. Did you manage to get all the haircuts done?

Your new pics are great Deb, love the one in the bath - Gabby really looks like she enjoys it.

Like Deb, I'm still waiting for it to get easier too Fi! I'm sure it does, afterall noone would have 2nd or 3rd babies if it didn't! Try not to do too much during the day cos it is very very hard to sleep in the day.

Poor little Noah, I hope he gets better soon. Mum has offered us a night off, but we hadn't quite needed it before now. I think we'll take her up on it very very soon.

Went to see the ECHN this morning & what a waste of time that was! She weighed him, but didn't do HC or length, so I'm going to do it myself so I have them on record. She also wouldn't give me the referral for Tresillian (although she recommended Karitane instead) because he settles ok during the day ](*,) Basically she told me I should reverse things myself until he figures out the difference between night & day. So I'm supposed to get sleep during the day & do things at night - yeah right I can just see myself out the back hanging washing on the line at 1am....

We also got some Pixie photos done. When we went to Babies Galore in Novmeber I was given some vouchers & they rang last night to organise the photos. Well I think they are going to be gorgeous. He was soo good as well, cried in between photos cos he was uncomfortable, but was good during the actual photo taking parts.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, I'm a bit worried about his weight gain. He has put on 230gm in 2 weeks, apparently they are supposed to put on absolute minimum of 100gm per week, so he's not gaining as he should be. Problem is, he has always been weighed naked - today she weighed him clothes on with a wet nappy so I'd say he hasn't even gained the 100gm he's supposed to. Not sure how to rectify it either, he eats heaps but just throws it all up

Sarah, i wouldnt worry too much that Zander hasnt put on the 100gms a week. Lily has only put on 80gms in 2 weeks a few times and 200gms in a month and they weren't worried at all. Shes putting all her energy into her length so maybe thats what Zander is doing too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - my friend's little boy had reflux when he was a baby and he didn't gain much weight either. He was always a skinny thing because he threw up so much. He is 4 now and fighting fit and healthy so try not to stress about it (though I know that's not an easy thing to do and easy for me to say!). I reckon take your Mum up on the offer. Considering you are bottle feeding, you may aswell take advantage of the fact that someone else can take him. I can't wait until I can get better at expressing and can send Gabby to Mum's for the night. Gosh, will I get a good sleep that night!!?? LOL As for the way the nurse weighed Zander and not referring you to the Day Stay, that sounds suss to me! If you feel you need the extra support, then she should write you a referral. Maybe go and talk to your GP about it and get him/her to refer you? Honestly, I don't know why one city offers it without referrals then another makes it near impossible. It's just not fair!

Fi - thank you for the compliments. I have so many people saying that I look really good considering the c-section. Honestly, compared to what some of you who did it naturally had to endure in the way of tearing, a c-section recovery isn't all that bad! I hear you on the itchyness though mine is in a different spot. It's all good though. Itchy means healing. Hope you have a good day at the netball tomorrow. I have an engagement party to go to that starts at 12. The plan is to hang out there most of the day, allow everyone to cuddle Gabby all day between feeds and get a break for myself. Sneaky!!

Trish - I am very lucky that Gabby sleeps well at night but, again, I honestly think it's only because of the comp feed. She generally only sleeps for a couple of hours after a BF so I would be in the same boat as you if I stuck only to the BFing. Sometimes I feel like I am being really selfish by doing it but, then, I am so impatient and if I didn't get that bit of sleep, I don't know if I would be able to cope. I am hoping I can cut it out eventually. The MCHN suggested to me that I try comp feeding her with breast milk that I express from the morning. ATM I still don't get a great deal of milk out (only about 80mls). I will keep trying but it would be good to give her a top-up of breast milk instead of formula, that's for sure! Oh dear @ all the poo around your place atm. That must be delightful for you! How do you find the time to wash and dry sheets?? My bedding desperately needs changing (lotsa leaky booby all over it!) but I just can't find the time. Maybe that can be my goal for Sunday.

How long does it take for Centrelink to get back to you about the maternity payment? I stupidly lodged my form at Medicare and apparently that delays it. Grrr! I wish I had just gone into town to Centrelink now. The form didn't say anything on it about the $3000. Does that just automatically get paid to you or is there a separate form?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast