Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 Month, July '05

Ooooohhhhh!! I just went to your updated websites girls and realised that babies are just so damned cute!! They are beautiful!! The divine Miss M, Ryan who appears to have such thick hair, Princess Maya looking so relaxed in her first shower (she is brave!) and the fair and fine Finlay.

No time to go into everyone elses site just now! The little snacker will want a feed again soon no doubt...

We have a name...just planning to sleep on it tonight and will let you know tomorrow!

*Megan* Guest

Morning Everyone!

Lisa - I really really really hope that you aren't getting mastitis!!! I have my fingers crossed for you....little Mackenzie is just perfect!!

Brooke - love the pics of Maya in the shower with Dan...what an angel...

Deb - I am excited now - please share the name when you can...I am going to your website now - can't wait to see your little bubby..

Megan

*Megan* Guest

Awww Deb!!!!! Your little man is sooooo cute...I watched his video too!!

I just love the photos of you breastfeeding him. What a big mouth he has in the first shot - looks fantastic! Wish my little Finlay could get his mouth that big in the beginning.....

Megan

Hi mums!

I just checked out some of your up-dated websites - they are gorgeous! Gosh we have some good looking babies in this thread, don't we??! Not that we could be biased at all!!!

We are doing fine. Evan had his first weigh in on monday and is putting on weight well and seems all healthy. He is feeding and sleeping quite well although we always seem to have trouble settling him in the evening just when i'm getting tired and ready for bed! I don't know why he won't settle then when he settles so well after every other feed.

This morning I noticed his eyes were a bit mucky with sticky sleep. I'm worried they might be a bit infected. Our mid-wife and close friend (who actually delivered Evan) is coming for lunch tomorrow so i'll get her to have a look. I've just been wiping them with warm water and clean flannel.

I've been wanting to get out for a walk with the pram and dog (we've done it once with DH, but I want to try by myself in preparation for DH going back to work!), but it's been soooo cold and raining all week so we've been stuck inside with the heater on (electric bill will be huge!).

Are you girls wrapping baby? We have been wrapping Evan to sleep like they showed us in the hospital. I was just wondering how long we are supposed to do this for? Also, do you wrap your babies in the pram, or just tuck a blanket around?

Linds

*Megan* Guest

Hi Linds - Evan is pretty damn cute too!!

Re: sticky eyes..Finlay had these as well for the first couple of weeks and I used saline solution on them and it seemed to work well. I also still wrap him and just put blankets over him in the pram. If it is cold, then I will wrap him - but he is in a bassinette pram at the moment which has a cover so he is fairly snug...

Hope that everyone else is well!

Megan

Welcome Kate and Kelsey!

Linds - Matty had and still has sticky eye sometimes, are your breastfeeding? I just wipe the eye with a clean cotton pad then squirt breastmilk into it - I swear it works so well. I wrapped Matthew until he was 5 weeks old as then he went into his cot from the bassinette. 'They' say to wrap until 6 weeks but I say wrap for as long as you want. I wrapped him then put a couple of blankets over the top. You may find he'll be more comforted by being wrapped in his pram as well.

Hope everyone else is well and rest as much as you can guys!

Hi all
    ....drum roll..... his name is Andreas Rohan! We think we found a good one for him. Andreas comes from a Greek word meaning manly and brave. So we hope his name will help inspire him to be so. Rohan is from a Sanskrit word that means 'ascending'.

We had a short list with names such as: Thomas, Josh, Matthias and Phillip. It was a tough decision but we know him now as Andreas, and it seems obvious!

Linds- I wrap him too. But it is not something they do here at all. They believe the baby should be 'free'!! My technique hasn't been very good, but mum arrived this morning and now he is very securely wrapped!! In a muslin sheet with a blanket on top and tucked in to the bed. He is so snug and has slept so well all day...he loves it.
    So Andreas' nanna thinks you do it for as long as you think it works. They will find their way out. Up to 6 months, but you're guided by the baby. If its not having an impact anymore then just tuck them in firmly, she reckons.
    Also she said you should wrap them in the pram the same way, so they feel secure.

Megan- yes he does the 'big mouth' thing very well!

Brooke - hope you're having a good night sleep and Maya is resting for you.

*Megan* Guest

Yay Deb!! Love love love the name!!!

Brooke - hope that you had a better night you poor thing...that sounds awful. Hope that little Maya is feeling better!!

Finlay is terribly sick at the moment...it is just awful and heartbreaking to watch your little one coughing himself into distress...I gave him a cold, but of course he has it MUCH worse then I did. I just hate him being sick. He is taking infant drops, ventalin (for his chesty cough) and has a vaporiser in his room..poor little mite!

Megan

Forum Name: Gemma
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3130g (6lb 14oz) - Length 49cm- Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amy Jade
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency c-sect after 24 hrs labour and only 3cm dialated. Cord around Amy's neck twice.

Hi everyone,

Have just caught up on your posts. Deb, glad you have a name now, great name too. Rachel, hope Blake is going well and you had a good night. Megan, poor Finlay sounds like a horrible time for you, hope he gets better soon. Brooke, hope Maya is feeling better and you are getting some sleep.

Hi Mel, Kate, Linds, Stormi, Heather and anyone else I have left out.

Amy is doing really well, I am listening to her talking though the monitor which she does a lot. Because of my breast reduction and C-sect, my milk is not great and since we have been topping up with formula, Amy hs decided that the breast is too much work and she prefers the bottle. I am expressing about 10-20 ml each time and she is on about 70mls formula 8 times a day. So it is more like topping up with breast milk ATM. She fed on one boob for about 10 mins which she hasn't done for a few days. Just wondering how long to persist with it, might call a lactation consultant.

DH has been fantastic and he does the 10pm and 2am feeds so I slept thought the night last night and expressed more than ever this morning. What a difference sleep makes! Have not been sleeping during the day but will try to from today. DH is home full time so he does the sterilising and most of the bottle prep as well as all meals and the house so adjusting to motherhood has been easy for me.

Maternal Health nurse came by yesterday and Amy has put on 220g and is doing really well. We were wrapping her but she likes her arms out so we changed to a GroBag from Wed night and she prefers it to being wrapped. We went shopping on Tues and Wed and went to my parents last night for dinner. Got home from hospital on Sun and have recovered well from the C-sect. Hardly any pain at all really so I have been lucky.

Being a parent is so good and it is better than DH and I ever imagined. Amy is such a good baby and we are really enjoying it. Will be able to post regularly again now. Have a great day everyone.

Hey guys

Great to see you Gemma - sounds like you are having a lovely time with Amy. Isnt motherhood wonderful??

Deb - i love the name, its so unique and beautiful. Well done.

We wrap hendrix but he likes his hands wrapped but up near his face so that he doesnt startle himself. He has been so good since i sorted by BF issues out. He settles really well and his wind only really pains him at night. Im going to see a chiropractor with him on tuesday as ive also hear really good things about them.

Gotta run though as have MIL and SIL down from Byron till Sunday. Will see you soon.

Hey guys
    Just letting you know that we have made a new webpage with all new photos of Hendrix.
    xx

*Megan* Guest

Gemma - nice to hear from you and I am sooo glad that you are recovering well!!

Finlay likes his arms out too - in fact he won't let us tuck them in!! LOL!!

I would recommend talking to a lactation consultant as I had terrible pain and touch BF in the beginning and they were a huge help! We are now going great - so it was all worth it...

Megan

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

Well, time for me to graduate to the 1 month thread already! I can't believe it, the time has gone so fast.

Has anyone elses little one got those horrible milk pimples? Makenzie has them all over her face and some of her scalp. DH told me off coz I've been calling her "fugly" lol. Her other nickname when she's cranky is "Itty Bitty Sh*tty" lol.

My blocked ducts seem to have unblocked. Luckily it didn't turn into mastitis.

My sister is coming down on Monday for several days from Ballina. I'm hoping she's not going to be too annoying lol. She's very "old school" with her parenting (she's 15 years older than me). She's always like "Why isn't Riley toilet trained, he's THREE!" "Why is Cooper still wetting the bed, he's SIX"..she seems to like to rub my nose in it. No doubt she'll find something with Makenzie to have a go at me about. Grrrrrrr lol.

Anyway, will see you all in the 1 month thread very soon.

Hey Kate - missed you!! So glad that all went beautifully with your labour and that Kelseys such a good little girl. Arent we blessed to have such wonderful babies!! Cant wait to hear more from you and see some pics!

Lisa - yes hendrix got milk pimples a few days ago. They arent so bad when he isnt feeding but after a feed he looks like he needs a does of clearasil!! See you next week in the next thread (i cant believe it!!)

Well he is just wonderful. We had such a great night last night with two wake ups at 1 and 4 but we were only up for half an hour at a time. He then woke for a morning feed and we slept in our bed till 10. I woke to my little boy smiling at me!! He is just growing so quickly and getting head control and is so much more aware of the world. He is definatley a peaceful little guy though as he only really crys when he is hungrey or has a little wind.

Anyway we are having a picnic today with family which will be lovely. Hope you have a lovely day.

Hi everyone,

It's been a few busy days since I posted so, my apologies.

Hi Kate, Brooke, Linds, Gemma, Mel, Heather, Stormi. Hope everythings going well for you all.

Blake is doing brilliantly. Although he still wakes for feeding every 4 hours (occasionally 5) I feel fantastic, and he's putting on weight and thriving. Health nurse came on Thursday and he's put on 210g in 6 days. She said that 150g per week is average for a breast fed baby so he's doing very well He's also become so alert during his awake times. He now recognises my voice and will look to find me when he hears me. OK, so he's only 18 days old however he's really changed since he was born and become just amazing.

Family life is going really well too. I was a little apprehensive as to how my 8yo DD would cope with a new baby but she's been better than I could ever imagine. She really cares about Blake and is so interested in him. She doesn't want to do the 'mothering thing', she just happy being the big sister. I just have to remember to let her hold him more. Gotta nurture those bonds.

I've been trying to take Blake for a walk in the pram each day, although it doesn't always happen. It's great having Vivienne at school because it gives us a reason to walk, and she loves us walking. We walked this morning because Blake woke at 7am for a feed instead of 8am, giving us more time this morning. I'm even thinking of walking to pick Viv up, but it will depend on how long it takes us to get to the shops. Blake's growing so quickly that I need to buy some more babygrows. I like the Bonds suits for sleeping and he's just about out of his 000 sized ones. I guess that's what happens when you start out with a 9 pound+ baby!

Hey just a quick question, for those of you who had cravings during pregnancy, have they stopped? I craved ice constantly when pg with both my kids but again, since birth - or about a week after, I just can't deal with it. It's too cold! LOL. Crazy really seeing I'd have about 10 trays a day when pg. But now... no way!

Anyway, my little man's squeaking. so I think feeding time will be soon. He's having a fabulous sleep as I gave him a bath this morning before his 10.30am feed. What a contented man. Actually, doing the math, he's not likely to wake yet as he's a pretty regular 4 hour feeder.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Hi guys,

Rach - so glad that blake is doing so wonderfully and that viv is enjoying her little brother so much. My cravings havent stopped completely as chocolate has always been my weakness although i dont eat nearly as much now, one piece will suffice.

Brooke - see you next week in the one month thread.

Well Hendrix is just wonderful. He is doing 3-4 hour feeds and is also packing on the weight. Rach i so know what you mean with changing so quickly. He has filled out and is really growing into himself - such a beautiful little guy. He is really settling well, we have no complaints!!

Hi! No complaints here either and unfortunately no time to post personals. We are staying with grandpa at the moment out of town, and days are rolling by.

Latest news:

We thought we had a name but discovered shortly after naming him that he has a cousin with the same name that is only 1 year older!!! So we have gone back to the drawing board. We think we will keep Rohan as the middle name but the first name is still a mystery!! It is becoming quite ridiculous really, but we get some good belly laughs out of some names we come up with.

*Megan* Guest

Awww Deb - bugger about the name!!

Heather - your little man is soooo cute - I just checked out his pics. Soooo much hair!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well..

Megan

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast