Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HypnoBirthing

HI Anne - yeah this would get better viewing in the labour/birth forum. Where abouts are you from? - i'm in Penrith and am interested in some info on hypnobirthing too. I desperately want a VBAC this time around (had to have an emerg c/s last preg) so if hypnobirthing would assist with that then i'd give it a try.

Anne, there is a big thread about hypnobirthing HERE.....

Oh yeah we are definately doing it. I've heard great things.

annef6722 Guest

thanks Lucy, I'll use that thread - just thought I might find women who had been thru birth, using hypno in this thread, as opposed to those who were pre-birth.

Rae
    Hi, I'm from Camden. I'm also emailing Peter Jackson in Bowral for some info, but i think that will be at least as expensive as the camden one. i don't think i'll be able to afford the classes - but i'll try and get some books on hypno, and do heaps of practice. by having a baby i'm already placing alot of financial pressure on my hubby, so i don't want to make it worse than i have to. How cute is Ella. all the best with your preg and birth,

annef6722 Guest

hi ladies
    sarah: the class is run by a midwife from camden hospital - she goes to your house. i've just emailed peter jackson at bowral for some info, but i expect he'll be at least as expensive as the camden classes, and i'll probably have to travel to bowral.

i spoke to hubby last night, and he was taken aback at the cost. i don't think i'll do the classes - i'm placing alot of financial pressure on hubby already by having the baby, so i don't want to place any more on him. i only decided to fall pregnant, regardless of finances, as i'm 39, and can't wait much longer - its now or never - we'll just have to make do.

I was abit upset last night at the thought of not doing the classes, but now i think i'll try and get books/info on hypno, and do my own practice at home. i also have a midwife that i see for all my appointments, and who should be at my birth. so hopefully i'll cope!

If you don't do the classes, may I suggest a prenatal yoga class? My sister was doing yoga in NZ and then switched to a prenatal one and she's finding that helpful, in lieu of the NZ500 HB classes.

Anne, I used hynobirthing and gave birth a month ago. I am in SA and there are no classes available here, so I did it with a book and a CD. My birth story is HERE.....

I would totally recommend hypnobirthing.

Any questions, let me know.......

annef6722 Guest

hi IK
    ok, i'll try the prenatal yoga classes - i'd looked into them, but hadn't decided whether to do them or not.
    do you know if there is any australian books on hypno?

annef6722 Guest

hi lucy
    (not sure if i should be replying to you in this thread! - sorry i'm not that good with navigating thru the site yet!).

can you tell me what book and cd you used? i'd love to read your birth story - just leaving work now, but i'll log on again tomorrow,

thanks for your help

There are no Aust HB books, for reasons I've explained in a previous post - it would infringe on the trademark. Check out Peter Jackson's website for Calmbirthing, though and see is he has any links you could use.

Anne, the Peter Jackson classes are $440 per couple and yep you do have to go to Bowral for them. Do you have to be going to Camden Hospital to have the midwife come to your house?

annef6722 Guest

Hi ladies,
    IK, thanks for the info, i'll see if Peter has any links. The hypno birthing lady also told me to try "25 ways to awaken your birth power", apparently it comes with a CD, and is about $30- thru capersbookstore.com.au. so that sounds good. she was very helpful, even though i decided not to do her classes.
    sarah: i don't think you have to be going to camden hospital, to do the hypno classes. would you like the lady's contact number?

Lucy - what a beautiful birth story! Yes please i would love the name of the books, cd's whatever you got of the Hypnobirthing too as i'm definately keen after reading through this thread. I'm desperate for a VBAC and a wonderful experience (after a traumatic last experience) so anything i can get my hands on will be great!

annef6722 Guest

Hi Rae
    Just until Lucy replies, i thought i'd tell you what books i've been recommended?
    my midwife, who does hypno classes, recommended 25 Ways To Awaken Your Birth Power, by Watson & Hyles. its available thru capersbookstore.com.au for about $40- including postage, and comes with a CD. The other book is HYPNOBIRTHING: THE MONGAN METHOD & CD by Marie F Mongan, its a little bit dearer, and is an American book, so apparently some of it won't be relevant.
    i've order the 25 ways book, and can't wait to get it. it should be good as well to help with stress of work/life, as well as labour. i'm keen to start practicing now, so as all the positive thoughts/breathing really sinks in.
    at first i was disappointed about not being able to afford the hypno classes, but now i'm confident i should be able to get some benefit just from the book and cd.
    let me know if you start doing hypno,

Thanks heaps Anne - i might order that one too. I think it'll be easier for me to do stuff at home cause it's hard to get people to mind Ella frequently...and i'm already gonna do my aquanatal classes again for exercise, and am buying several VBAC books - so the $$$ add up. I'll let you now how i go. Keep me informed with how you're doing too - perhaps chatting about it now and then will keep us motivated to keep it going iykwim

Sorry ladies, it has taken me ages to get back to this:

I actually used Relaxation in Pregnancy, and Birth and Beyond by Franchesca Naish (do a Google). (I am a fan of hers: I used her work when TTC too)

25 Ways To Awaken Your Birth Power, by Watson & Hyles also comes Highly recommended.

annef6722 Guest

hi rae
    yay! i got my 25 ways.. book and cd in the mail today - only ordered it last friday (i think). can't wait to start working on the exercises. i'll be a new super relaxed woman before i know it!!
    yeah it would be great to compare notes with you.
    your aquanatal classes sound great. i'm doing heaps of lap swimming - and love being in the water. i'm going to try and do preg yoga classes soon - but as you say its hard getting to everything.

hi lucy
    thanks for the details on the books - i need to get busy reading!

Anne......she does books and hypnotherapy CD's......I would recommend them all....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast