Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #4

Is Gemma still around?? I fell Pg within 3 months of my c/s and I have not had many problems. The worst is that the scar does hurt when you have a big growth spurt in the tummy. It doesn't stretch very well. But no MAJOR problem. Oh, except placenta brain with avengance!

My two will be 11-12 months apart and I am greatful Kat is such a good baby. It's very tiring and can be stressful at times because as you get further along, it's harder to do things and your baby wants you to pick them up and you just can't carry them as much as they want and you can't play on the ground as much as they want....but I AM looking forward to the arrival of my little accident. I wouldn't have chosen to do it again so soon, but I am happy to be pg and looking forward to meeting her!!

Thanks Kerrie, it's good to know that some women can do it and it is fine. Congratulations on your pg and I'm sure it will be great to have the two so close together. I think I posted earlier to say that we have decided to wait until 6 months after Amy's birth because of the risk of the placenta attaching to the scar. They don't actually have stats on the risk because not too many people get pg so soon after delivery but my Ob thinks it's low. Good luck for the birth!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Girls

Just wondering how long everyone watied before taking the plunge......ummm having sex again?And did it hurt?My sex drive has come back but am terrified of sex hurting expecially since I went through 23 hours of natural labour and many many internals, then had an emergency c/s.Just wondering how everyone else managed and when they tried...............(sorry if to personal)

Custardtart Guest

Heh... not yet, for me! I'm still too tender.

Kerrie

Melinda Guest

I had a similar labour Kirsty - a long labour with internals and an emergency c/s. Not fun!

You know I can't really remember right now how long it was until we DTD again to be honest, but I know it wasn't for a good couple of months at least (I was too tired and a bit of a wreck!) I remember being a bit anxious, but everything was fine........

I'm sure it was 2 months before I was ready to even think about it LOL

I think it was a couple of months for us as well.

Nic

It was a couple of months after for us as well.

Same here!

um... ten days for us... but I'm a hornbag... and DH doesn't mind a little blood IYKWIM...

Kirsty77 Guest

WOW ten days Divvy!!!!!!!And I thought I was a hornbag!!!!!!!

I think mine was about 3wks. I had a C/S too and a horrible labour and while it wasn't terribly comfortable, it wasn't painful either. Just take it slow.....I tried to hold off for longer, but I was tooooo horny (couldn't BD during last 2-3mnths pg due to asthma). Poor DH was terrified of hurting me...

It was 6 weeks for us, when my post bleeding stopped.

Katkins - Are you having a c/s this time because your pregnancies are so close? My OB mentioned he`d wait and see how I go before deciding if I need a c/s or not this was after we told him we wanted to TTC straight away but as it turns out Matthew and his sibling are going to be more then 12 months apart.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee, the midwives clinic are happy for me to try VBAC as long as there are no other complications. I fully dilated last time.....it was just that Kat went into serious distress so I had to have C/S. This time I'm hoping I'll have less probs and be able to deliver naturally

Oh good luck with a natural delivery Kerrie, I`m so hoping for that too, just have to conceive first. It`s wonderful that OB`s/Midwives will allow us to have a VBAC.

Dee, just relax and enjoy the process of TTC. We weren't even trying. In fact we were trying not to, but my cycle was still screwy from having Kat and hubby went OS when I was meant to O and when he came back we got carried away one night and well......Jessie is on her way! *L* BIIIIIIGGGGG shock to him I tell u what!! I suspected due to M/S four evenings in a row (which is always when my M/S is worst)....
    Don't get us wrong....we are happy to be having another....but if we could have planned it, we would have had a bigger Gap. Anyway, must run....Kat's got a temp and can't leave her for long....she's sookie and wants mummy to hold her all the time....
    GOODLUCK with TTC.....

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

Help - I have just found out that I am going to be having a cesaer and am a bit scared. I had a vaginal birth with my first, but because this baby is 'frank breech' and I am 36 weeks, I have been scheduled in. I have no idea what to expect and am a bit frightened to tell you the truth. Has anyone else had a breech delivery or how did you feel during and after the operation.
    thanks and I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Kazzy
    xx

Custardtart Guest

Hi Kazzy,
    I had a vaginal birth for my first two, then no.3 got stuck and I had to have a c-section after 24 hours of labour. Having had one, I just about wish I'd planned it from the beginning! When planning this birth, I wanted to take all measures possible to avoid a c-section, and now I'm wondering why I was so dead-set against it. The recovery time afterwards is taking me longer than it did with a vaginal birth, but the birth itself was dead-easy by comparison!

The c-section itself is painless and very un-scary, not what I'd imagined at all. You need to curl forwards and hold still while they insert the spinal tap for your anaesthetic, but after that you go totally numb from the boobs down and can just relax and wait - for all of about four minutes, which is how long it takes them to get the baby out! They put up a screen so you can't see them make the incision, and you can feel your body rock from side to side as they work the baby out through the incision, but there is no pain. It took them about 20 minutes after the baby was out for them to patch me up, and then it was just a matter of topping up the painkillers for the next few days until the suture healed enough to be able to move around without much pain.

If I was to have another baby, I'd be planning a c-section straight off - much less traumatic than a 24 hour labour and not being able to push the baby out, I can tell you! Max wasn't breech, but he was posterior. He turned around during the labour, but not enough, so he was still mispresenting, and that plus his size made a c-section necessary.

Afterwards, make sure you get the physio care you need to help the muscles recover as quickly as possible, and DO plan on getting someone in to help with the housework, as if you overdo it in the first few weeks you'll double your recovery time.

Don't panic!!! It really isn't as scary as it sounds.

Kerrie

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast