Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #5

Another QST??? - Is your DH allowed in there with you whilst you have a c/s?

Nic - I am booked in for a thursday and DH has taken 2 RDO's then he will take holidays the following week but only for a week, I will get him to bath the baby, I have a change table so hopefully the changing won't be too hard - but i do like the idea of getting DH to get the baby in the night when he is off - to save me getting up out of bed and stuff. I will have to tell him about that.

I really hope that i don't have to have a general - Last year i had both my feet broken and the Dr gave me a general - I was sick for 18 hours after it - I don't want to miss out on my babies first 18 hours because i am so sick.

lindie Guest

Heh Theresa,

Good on you for wanting to watch the proceedure, You have done it before so you know what its all about, If hubby cant watch make him focus on your face for the actual delivery and ask for sheet to be back up whilst stitching etc... so hubby doesnt have to watch and you guys can just focus on the baby while its happening?

Never had a c/s but will be in 5 weeks so just a little thought I am prolly wrong but seems like a good idea to get what you both want out of it?

Lindie

MadisonRose Guest

Hi,

I will be a 1st timer and I am really wanting to have an Elec C/S I will have private health insurance and am thinking of the Freemasons (Melb), but I don't know where to start with a doctor and asking for a C/S, people have been telling me no chance they only do it for medical reasons, any advice on if this is true and recommending a doctor anyone?

lindie Guest

Just wondering if I could get a hit on this thread as I have 9 days and counting and getting nervous LOL, anyone??? any takers LOL.

Just re-reading through this thread for tips and hints!!!

I am now 2nd on the c/s list for that day and will have to be in there early LUCKY ME!!!!

Lindie

Megzy04 Guest

I had a c-section in October 04 but it was due to my son being 13lbs 1oz so id say that was the safe option. I was lucky that I had no other choice but to have a c-section (seeing as though Jy's head hadn;t even engaged) so I didnt cop any slack about it.
    Id like to know how they say its the easy way out though? :fuming: Seriously it took me about 6 weeks to recover from my c-section but if you had a natural birth youd be up and about the same day.
    At the end of the day as long as mum and bub are fine and healthy thats the only thing that matters.

lindie Guest

Well said Megzy,

Thats a big baby, Hats off to you that would have been a difficult labour ,
    hope all is well now and from what ive read and been told bigger babies sometimes are as delicate as prem babys at birth!!! So hope little Jy is well

Lindie

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

MadisonRose, you are more likely to get an obliging Ob if you go private. Try Nick Lolatgis who will probably do it for you at Freemasons.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi Girls

Kelly is after some input. She wants you to email her with details about your caesar birth stories in regards to process rather than the birth - i.e. details of what happened when you got there, how you felt the whole time during the process etc.

Kelly is writing an article about the process of C-Sects (it isn't a pro/against article) and would like to hear from those that have experienced it.

Kelly's email is [email protected]

Thanks lovely ladies !!

Love

Thanks for your emails ladies! I have enough stories now for the article, but if you are interested in sending them still I would love them for the Birth Stories collection on the main site. Thanks!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Can't wait to read article Kelly

Kelly - I missed the original request. Do you still want mine, it is not very positive?

Sure guys, send them through... thank-you! And please don't think this is a one birth verses the other, it's a myth de-bunker about caesarean being easy because you and I all know that it's not.
    Kelly xx

I am going to be booked in for a c/c in Aug. I have plenty of people wanting to come in and see me. Just wondering when you were up to having visitors?

Love

I wasn't up to having visitors, but I had a long labour, then a c-section. I felt a bit better by day 3 and could cope with short visits from people who were sympathetic. They were too much to cope with earlier than that.

Melinda Guest

The first 24 hours I was still hooked up to drips and the spinal block and all that jazz....we just allowed my Mum, and DH's Mum to come in for a quick visit.

Thankfully we didn't have a lot of visitors as we really restricted it - I'm glad that we did that though because I did have quite a bit of pain and wasn't coping too well post-birth (emotionally). I would allow yourself at least a couple of days - until you know you are a bit more mobile IYKWIM?

Melinda Guest

I just wanted to agree with Astrid there - I too had a long labour and then an emergency c/section and that greatly contributed to my feelings post-birth and could only handle visitors who were there for short periods of time and who could be sympathetic to how I was feeling.

It was hard, I kind of felt like visitors (wanted people to care about me), but didn't cope once they arrived. One good friend brought her DF and he kept on trying to talk to me about his fishing trip. I was sitting there doped up on pain killers, feeling as though I had been hit by a truck, I have just had a baby and he wants to talk about fishing!! Annoying at the time, but funny to talk about now.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast