I'm all stocked up with super size pads! Might get a few extra thick ones though for the scar. Does the pad just stop the scar being bumped etc? Someone has suggested that firm fitting undies are good to help you feel 'held in'. What are you ladies thoughts on that?

Did any of you have problems with the air in your stomach after surgery?
i've never heard of using a pad on the scar. I never needed to use anything on mine. I had the tape stitches, so the scar was covered anyway. Its not like the scar bleeds or anything.

with regard to air, i never experienced any air problems. The only real side effect I had was a nerve pain in my upper back. The pain came on when i was lying flat on my back after my first C-s. But strangely enough, after my 2nd c-s the pain was not as bad and I've noticed with this pregnancy, the pain has gone completely and for the last couple of months i've been enjoying sleeping flat on my back and not needed to change positions.

And with regard to tight underware - IMO No. I wouldnt recomend it. Not until your scar is healed anyway. Give the scar a good 3-4 weeks to heal properly and the ache to go before you wear anythign that will rub or push on it.