Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 166

MY POSTIE JUST CAME AND I HAVE HAD A FLUFFY ORGASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!

your postie must be damn eager!!! it's still PJ time woman!!!! or sleep time....

Kitt3n - so what did ya get?????

Oooh kitten - Don't keep us all in suspenders lmao...

Katones - Have you tried WC yet for nights? I've found ours to be dry to touch on the outside most mornings.

Maz - Thanks hon, it was most excellent, had an awesome time... there was alot of cool quilting fabric that I saw in passing but I can't say I was particularly interested in that...

Gigi - for you & for darling Bilby. I am lucky as Punky hasn't been sick like that at all yet, I too would be beside myself, you are doing your best for her lovely.

Mel/Anna - I'm getting one of those too - I have two toilets to choose from though, so hopefully it fits one!!

WOPB; terry flat (?!!) & pull up fleecie cover.

ETA: I am stunned at the price these Auriels are going for, they must have magicall properties or something... like, what is so great, may I ask? IE, Anna, have you even tried one yet? What's so freaking amazing that you don't have in one or several other nappies people? Is it just the thrill of the hunt so to speak, & being able to say "I have an Auriel"?!

maz i love your ticker pic!!

well i got

2 very special absolutely divine special special night nappies, I wish i had these weeks ago i just KNOW they are perfect!

my bizy bee night nappy - its just gorgeous, i must send her an extra special thankyou........... IT SHIMMERS!!!!!

3 tots bots bamboo velour fitteds OMG LUSH

Some glorious maz covers - maz, you have out done yourself once again!!!!!!!!!!

and!

a whole bunch of stuff for my (well sort of mine, red tape crap makes it not mine but blah blah) store....................................... watch this space as they say!!!

the postie actually gave me one of the aus post boxes because there was just too much stuff! would have taken me at least 2 trips up the stairs!!!

I havent tried an Auriel yet Vic, if I dont win the lottery Im not going to be heartbroken. Its obvious they are the bee's knee's and then some the way people hyena over them and with 3 in cloth I need hardy, worth the $$$ nappies that wont fall apart so I will try them if the opportunity arises

Well it was night 2 of a sposie to bed for Jett and ZERO waking whinging about his nappy, which is a yay and a boohoo for me at the same time. He still insists on wearing his polar bear Maz cover to bed though, almost sacreligious but whatever makes him happy right? Hopefully the snoozywun comes this week and he can try that out, I hate buying sposies now. On the upside Ripley can use the other Sandman which means I dont have to resort to drying them in the dryer in time for bed anymore so theyll last longer.

Todays started out as a fabbo Friday 13th though - the forby has a flat, the boys are on borrowed time and could be facing a cardboard box with a 'Free to good home' sign on the kerb later on, Dh cheekily told me to change the car tyre (he's lucky he's at work or I would have used him as the freakin jack &^%$), my house looks like squatters live in it, I have NO chocolate anywhere to be seen when I feel like eating a whole block and to top it all off Dhs planned a bbq/fight night for tonight with a few army mates right when Im 37wks pregnant and very dangerous to anything that breathes. So now I cant ignore the housework, will have to run to the shops when he gets home in peak hour to get some food and manage to keep the kids entertained while they rant at the TV all night long..............................

Might go spend some more $$$ on pretty nappies to try and make me feel better *sigh*

ETA - Kitten, another fluffy haul, the thing of dreams for all of us I imagine...........just dont want to know what your final bill was

Ugh Anna - hope your day gets better! I realise that the Auriels are great, everybody says so, but I wonder how many peeps on B4B for example are *just* going off the raves also? I know there are people in here that would bid & already have some they love, but I just don't get paying more for something second hand than it is new, ESPECIALLY if you have no personal experience of it... do you know what I'm saying? Like some people LOVE loulous but if I had paid big bucks for one on their reccomendation I would have been bitterly dissapointed as they don't work with Punky...

...does anyone see my point or is it really not that crazy to be "fighting" (theoretically & virtually ofcourse) over an nappy that you don't even know will work for you, when you already have & know brands that do? Ie, you could get a couple of BBH or something for the same price....?

ETA: Don't worry... I just had a lightbulb moment, I am looking at it like "I can't afford to buy a mistake" IYKWIM, but I just realised that that is me, & not everyone has this problem!! DUH!

queenmab..hun i totally agree with what you are saying...it's like getting caught up in the hype...IYGWIS.....
    i nabbed an auriel..tried it..didn't work for us..so off it goes..

I totally get where you are coming from which is why I havent bid on the b4b auriels - you can get TWO new auriels from the makers themselves for $74! Why on earth would you pay $50+ for one some kids already gone potty in But thats just my view, others would argue differently.

BUT annaT..getting a newbie is like getting a hen with teeth...and getting a custom done is basically unheard of...i emailed Leslie afew weeks ago enquiring about a custom nappy being done..and she emailed back saying she has far too many commitments for now and won't be taking any new customs on for ages...

Off to wash some more nappies & jacks clothes...

Well that explains the mad rush for the pre-loved ones! I still think of how many nappies I *could* buy for the cost of ONE auriel on b4b. Im happy to sit on my hands and wait. And buy other nappies in the meantime hehehehe

Worse thing though, someone else gets lots of $$$ off the makers nappy but if she made them to keep up with demand she'd be super rich selling them at normal price

well...No fluffy mail here..unless delivery driver comes..postie has already been and he had nothing

well surprise surprise...FLUFFY MAIL!!!!! 2 lots!!!!! sooo excited!!!!
    THANK YOU MAZ!!!!!! finally my pot of gold!!! and the other is gorgeous!!!! ooohhhh and the flongies!!!! OMG wake up Jack so i can put them on you!!!!

and a lou lous nappy

Anna - its hard to make something all the time even when it is in demand......most nappy makers have kids and such dont forget babe and try to work around their families as much as possible...and it hurts to have to say no to customers......(something I find extremely hard to say) and I so agree..it is crushing to see something you sell say for $20 new being auctioned of for doubled of what you charged...but in the smae sence it a complement IFYKWIM

Sal honey - you should go check your post box I sent you a little pressy babe

Kitt3n and Kat - IM so happy fluffy fairies came your was today.....now if only sonja would get on

NO fluffy mail for me .......

ETA kat - i forgot to put some scraps of the cowboy cover in for you will send you a little envelope hon

QM - I totally get what you're saying. I don't have the money to 'risk' buying nappies I don't know enough about either. I'm totally not going the auriels right now even though everyone is raving about them because they're side snapping and we haven't had much luck with that in the past. I do think some of it's just the hype, and people get caught up in auctions spending way more than they would in an online store just to 'win' iykwim? Well that's my 2c worth anyway.

Just got back from grocery shopping and man, our bill keeps going up and up I despise the fact I have to buy sposies but like a lot of us have experienced, DS is more prone to wake in cloth at night and I want my sleep. But after a record grocery bill....I'm contemplating trying him in cloth again

Cat - Nice haul I can't wait till my IBs arrive, I've NEVER had that many nappies arrive at once (in fact I've never brought that many nappies at once!), I'll be like a kid in a candy store!!

Thanks for the info re silk liners, going to check them out while the boy sleeps.

**ETA: Daddledoo have them in stock, just going to check the measurements on his d'lish to make sure they'll fit OK.
    Last edited by Willow; March 13th, 2009 at 12:31 PM.

I am on the look out for LARGE IB now... sad to say His mediums are getting a tad tight...they still fit nicely but getting that bit too tight...and large fit beautifully
    will they pack away ok for another bub??

I am also on the lookout for another NN...

Maz - Thanks hun!!! They are absolutely gorgeous

Maz the lion flongies fit!!!! they are too cute i haven't tried the tractor ones on yet....

OMG Sal, I just saw your ticker - Maddison is so big already!!! WOW!!!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast