Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 170

PB...I feel the same way about mini lala...I don't have any yet either. They are just beautiful!!!

I'm sad that they have a "stocking", Ill never get one.....

PB & Marlene - I'm in the same boat. Think they're gorgeous, but I never have ANY luck at stockings. I've got fast internet, I just don't have fast fingers.

same here...I never seem to have the money in my account at the right time..or I miss out on the stockings cos I'm not quick enough...or I forget, LOL.

I have 3 window open and I refresh them one after the other from a minute prior to stocking onwards that's the only way i can get anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
    same here...I never seem to have the money in my account at the right time..or I miss out on the stockings cos I'm not quick enough...or I forget, LOL.
    :yeahthat:

Ah Kazbah TRICKY TRICKY! I might just have to try that idea Thanks

Although I'm thinking I'm going to put myself on a buying ban, or more just stick to DF's ban that's already in place. Wedding and honeymoon to pay for. Not to mention rates that I haven't budgeted for yet.

CM, I managed to do the fairytale wedding on a small budget. If i can help with any gluing let me know

Maz - I am sure someone will buy those nappies if they are just going to go to waste, if you still have them. Don't worry, they will eventually convert. Hope is not lost until he TTs!!

DH has to do the grocery shopping tomorrow so he will need washing powder so he can wash the nappies!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Tips on buying "hard to get" brands

- visit their site, put yourself on their mailing list/newsletter list
    - email the site, and explain what you're after, request a custom, or ask to be put on their custom list. I wouldn't do this if it was urgent, or your child was at the end of the largest size they make.
    - let your friends know what you are after, so if they see a random stocking, and know your taste, they COULD get you one. but it helps to work out ceiling price, sizes, tastes, bank account, be REALLY SURE that you want it (and notify them if you change your mind in the mean time!!) details first.
    - advertise for a hyena! i see ads like that on Nappycino LOL.
    - see if that brand of nappy, has a blog, subscribe to it, the RSS feed thingy, so you are up to date in all ways possible.
    - many WAHM's (that make these hyena worthy mcn) post on Nappycino, when they are going to have a stocking, even some random ones, so my advice is, join the Nappycino forum as well

$31 for a mama pad! hmmm. glittery star snaps can't be THAT exxy!

i love that blue nebula fabric on Gossamer dreams stocking.

Nary a night trainer in sight, lucky for me! Cherub's Kiss did make "pullups" at one stage, i wonder if that was a night nappy trainer?

wotbb: KKaio

if anyone sees any SMALL blueberry trainers on buy for baby, please LMK
    [email protected]
    any colour, but must be size small
    thanks lovelies.

when are you getting married Cheeky? how excitement!

Pretty Butterfly, the photography on MInilala is pretty fantastic heh?

Maz - will keep my eyes out for tiedyed singlets for you lovey, what about tiedyed tees as it's coming into autumn/winter?

Katones, can you email me please?

any news of today's meetup at Ange's?
    ETA tis ok, i foudn the thread bout it

Pretty butterfly - which SS brands do you have?
    i notice you have a berry plush. is that too low on your bub too? (another SS).
    it may be worth your while, measuring your bub's rise, and ensuring that any future mcn you buy, has that rise (and maybe add a few cms for growing room) at least, otherwise you might keep buying nappies that are too low in the rise for her.

BG - noice score on the Star dress.

Ali - Any help you could give me would be soooooo much appreciated! It's very late notice (August this year) and NOTHING is set in stone yet. I have a very unco-operative DF that has only JUST started showing interest after more than a year of me trying to book things. I've sent you a friend request on msn, or you can PM me

Gigi - As always you are a fountain of information! All MCNers are so lucky to have you. Our wedding is late August this year. Well that's if I finally get it all sorted.

Ok so I was unable to sleep and no-one was posting on here So I decided to do a huge clean of the house. My mother is arriving tomorrow so it was either tonight or in the morning to clean it anyway. My mother is a clean freak, so even though I think my house is spotless (and so would anyone else I know) my mother would still clean things further.

She doesn't know we've been TTC either so I've had to make sure all baby making parafernalia has been hidden. All pre-conception vitamins, HPT's etc. We don't tell anyone because I hate the pressure of "so are you pregnant yet" comments.

Hmm did I even mention nappies in that post? Umm what to say what to say...

I washed, let dry, and folded a whole basket of them today. Oh and bid on a few too

Score a few MCN's from a friend at a great price... Some GK's and MD's .... bubblebubs any good... also what about the BBH AIO Magicals???

Also need advice for quick drying ones??? i need a high rise, preferable an AIO AI2 OSFM or medium size.

WOTB- flat and Big w cover...

I said I wasnt going to buy any fluff for awhile..............but do soakers count? I nabbed a green bumblebee and purple/white stripes from SHP's, at that price how could I not!

Anna...yes, soakers do count!! LOL. I was on SHP last night and put a stripey and a bumble bee in my cart...but then cancelled it...LOL, just can't afford it at the moment. I was sooooo tempted!!

CM...sent you a PM.

Gigi..hun i sent you a pm just now...i deleted my whole inbox and lost your email addy!!!! very tired here...Jack had his needles yesturday..and has had temps all night seems to be ok now...

hmmm nappies...i think one more...and then i am on a self imposed ban....

got a fair few to wash today... suns out so hopefully they dry today

Gigi, I have 3 ss.. 2 berry plush and one Swaddlebees....

I cant get any on her.. Tried the berry plush again yesterday... and nope, looks like its gonna slip off her little hips.. she's long and lean....
    They are hardly used at all, and she's never worn the swaddlebees...

Could she just not be a SSnapper?? They are a small, and 2 mediums....

the only way it stays on is if I have the waist snap really tight... otherwise it bunches down on top of her thighs... her little butt crack was out yesterday... cute, but not very effective!!!
    Last edited by Pretty Butterfly; April 16th, 2009 at 08:12 AM.

grrr I just got called UGLY by my 2.5 yr old DS ........
    time to stop spending money on nappies and give my slef a makeover lol !!

got a lou lou in the post .. wooo its sooo soft and cute , i cant wait till Gabs can wear it !! Its a med and prolly a bit too big on her in the rise ... ..

SHP have awesome stuff ... Gabs is wearing her SHP shorties atm

must get to spotters some time too .. have a layby on there ... a new machine ... but i got no cash to pay it off lol ...

i should get fluff today ... 3 woddle bots or 2 bubble bubs off b4b !

Fluffy mail!!!! The 2 fluffy bubs from the stocking the other night...they were fast. They are so pretty! The pink arglye is like a minkee version of mini lala's pink damask so I'm glad I didn't win that one!
    Not a nappy related parcel but still cute...I also got the most adorable ladybug backpack for Em. Will be good for daycare when I go back to work.

PB and Marlene- Mini lala won't be doing stockings anymore just the lottery since it was a success. But Carli said she is trying to get a manufacturer so then we can buy them anytime we like!!!! They are one of the funkiest nappies around. i can;t wait to get mine but I got the bill for it today 35.50 for the nap and 6.95 for postage!!! A bit dearer than I thought it would be.

Jess I like magicalls but they aren't quick drying, I think their new OSFM minkee will be awesome cause its a pocket and most pockets dry quick.

Firstly please forgive me if I forget you, I'm having a crap morning.

Jess - you have great friends to give you good deals on nappies. Only one of my friends uses MCN (I converted her, and I doubt her husband will ever forgive me) and she has a daughter younger than my DS. So no nappy buying or swapping between us.

Anna - I'll let you off on that one. I don't count soakers as nappy purchases, simply because it gives you more buying freedom hehe

Marlene - I got your PM. You are a wonderful woman!

Katones - please share a little of your sun this way. This is SUPPOSED to be Townsville, all sun and no gloom. Well it's been bloody gloomy for days now and I'm sick of it.

PB - I don't know much about side snappers, as I said I have trouble putting them on DS as well. Maybe hold on to them in the hope that her little tummy fills out a bit?

Lea - Your son might call you ugly now, but I bet if you put on a transformers/spiderman/batman costume on you'd be the best looking chick in town Well to him anyway... hehe

Eej - you're making me jealous. Your fluff package sounds gorgeous. Pity the Mini LaLa was so expensive! Are they REALLY that good?

My news? Do I have news? Nope.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast