Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 170

ROFL @ BG... yeah you probably wouldn't be as keen.

Happy chocolate eating day everyone

Morning and Happy Easter everyone!

You're all making me a little sad with this talk about DH's cooking breakfast, singing love songs etc. My DF is at work, that's what you get with rotating work rosters.

We had our easter yesterday. DF cooked bacon and eggs and we exchanged chocolately goodness. Doesn't make up for the fact tat he isn't here today though.

I've told DF to shove his sposies up his bum, I stuffed a BBH with two boosters last night and DS was dry for the first time in days this morning. Had a big bum though, so cute underneath his sleepsuit.

As for the washbags. I've only ever used a washbag once and that's for my bling. The one thing that ran was my RED BBH, but it only ran a tiny amount that the microfibre in the pocket turned pale pink. Nothing else in the wash was affected.

The only nappy I've paid full price on is my bling, the rest have been on special. So I guess I can use that against DF. I'm going to try to just hide new purchases in the stash and fingers crossed he doesn't notice.

Kabah - I don't think Pip will mind not having any easter eggs. Honestly he's too young to understand the easter bunny anyway. I bought Phoenix a toy instead, the only eggs he got were from family and friends and they will last him a whole year lol

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

BG - i still rubbed the minky on my cheek, AFTER they had been pooped in and washed, cos they come up looking brand new and smelling brand new, after the wash.

KAZBAH - shopping for trainers, was like starting all over again! i made the same mistakes! (buying wide crotch trainers she couldn't wear etc). i even bought a trainer with microfleece inner (that she can't wear). Like i had a brain removal, and didn't remember all the criteria i used to buy her the right mcn (for her). You won't do that, cos you're smart, and hearing about my stuff ups will make you shudder, laff and not do the same.

Jess - since bilby was five months old, i have been nagged to put her on formula. Now i get the "she'll be breastfeeding when she's 18" remarks. You have to develop a thick skin (it's hard).

with the mcn negativity, i tried not to discuss nappies with those people, and NEVER mention when i was having trouble using them (which everyone does, when they're working out how to use a new skill).

who asked about INSTOCK night nappies?
    there is a minky/PUL KKAIO at possum pouches in size large
    there is a beige fleece pocket at bits for bots, plus buy a bamboo trifold or two
    baby blossom has fitted night nappies
    genesa forge seems to be getting alot of mentions of late
    lots of other lovely ones, but you really need to hyena them
    i hope some of you will post photos of your bubs in the Lullabies!

maybe Maz, could you clarify if the Lullabies are a fitted (needing a cover) or an AIO (not needing a cover) - seems to be a bit of confusion.

wotbb: bongo baby trainers

BG - I love rubbing the minky after washing too.

Most of my stash has been gotten at discount, or second hand. There are only a few that I have paid full price for, and they are special ones like the IF Sparkles, and the LL NN. Come to think of it I think they might be the only ones I have paid full price for!! And that is out of around 80 nappies.

The NB and small stuff has had 2 prewashes, so I am ready to put them back together and start packing my bag. Tonight DH and I will get the bag packed, JIC I need another stay in hospital. BG, I reckon we might go on the same day, you spontaneous and me with intervention.

Poor DH has had to learn pretty quickly how to cook edible meals (lunch has charcoal edges) but I am enjoying being served each meal. I am so glad that he has gotten in and done it with minimal whingeing, I wish you could all have nice ones that actually help when it is needed.

WOEB: NBC sposie
    WOSB: Dorothy knickers. soon to be a nappy while she and I nap together.

Hi All!!

Happy Choccy Day
    Easter bunny has been very nice here this year - although I think he works for my gym, cos he obviously isnt trying to help me! lol

Kaz- I was tossing up whether or not to get Charli an easter egg, cos she doesnt respond well on chocolate (read: Devil Child) and then I saw this peter rabbit gift set at Big W - a bowl, spoon and cup, with an egg sitting in it. Thought perfect - she can have a tiny bit of egg, but she will get the pressie! Turns out she was more interested in the spoon and bowl anyway, the egg barely got a lookin! lol ....Until daddy pulled out his giant ferrero rocher tray hehehehe.

I got a sleep in today! And hot cross buns for breakfast so thats just ace! lol Loving it!...
    And I am in a GREAT mood today for some reason lol I love long weekends!

On the nappy front I have a HUUUUUGE basket of nappies to fold and snap and stuff - poor DH was overcome lol so he isnt doing it - all the snaps and boosters and microfibre seemed to get the better of him. So thatll be fun - hopefully there is a nice movie on channel 9 to amuse me while I do it.

Rayray - I never use them. I have one, that I put a fluffy Woddlebots in cos every piece of exposed velcro will find this nappy and stick to it - but she doesnt wear it often. Never saw the need fr anything else. Even the bling just goes straight in, has been fine so far!

Hope you are all having a fabulous day and weekend

WOHB: In shower with daddy! But soon to be red and green star iishfly....lotsa purdy ones today to show off when we go out later

Quote Originally Posted by alioops View Post
    The NB and small stuff has had 2 prewashes, so I am ready to put them back together and start packing my bag. Tonight DH and I will get the bag packed, JIC I need another stay in hospital. BG, I reckon we might go on the same day, you spontaneous and me with intervention.

Poor DH has had to learn pretty quickly how to cook edible meals (lunch has charcoal edges) but I am enjoying being served each meal. I am so glad that he has gotten in and done it with minimal whingeing, I wish you could all have nice ones that actually help when it is needed.
    possible we'll go same time but it would be something of a coincidence!

my DH is amazingly domesticated - today he's washing and cooking and just being a gem of a fella! love him to bits. he's "letting" me help a bit, but only if i sit while he does the cooking. i'm allowed to chop stuff, but heaven forbid i should try standing up to do anything! gotta love him!

well, must away and go check the washing (and get him to hang it out if it's done) - maybe rewash bubba towels and dry them again and who knows what after that. feeling very industrious today so making themost of it (watch me fall in a crippled heap tomorrow!).

ah well, back to the drawing (well cutting) board!

my mum cooked me breaky! Every Easter, Christmas and NYD we go to mum and dads (and my brother & his DF) and they cook us breaky! yum-o
    Then, after DS woke at 5am still hyper and feral as a follow on from yesterday, he turned into the perfect child, went to sleep with no fuss (second time EVER for me during the day that hes done so), woke up and has been normal all afternoon.
    Washed all the nappies bar the ecobubs, llamajamas and wool covers - do I wash those in wool wash every time or just normal detergent, and if normal do I lanolise them every time?

Raray - wash them in wool wash everytime you wash them, but they only need to get washed if they are actually soiled (your longies and woolens) and lanolised when you notice they start to get damp overnight...I do mine once a month or so and they are fine.

home from the in laws - poor little laa was totally manhandled and she and i have come home early, DH and DD1 are staying the night there so I am all alone with laa who is totally zonked!

ray ray - you dont need to lanolise your ecobubs though they have a layer of PUL in them

kaz - yeah i think pip is too little to care hun, next year though!

ash sweet silence (my in laws are so loud)

wohb - sugar shots custom A12

happy easter everyone

well DH decided when we woke up to get up and ready as we were going to the easter show...mad rush..packed everything and off we went...came home poorer but hey was a nice family outing

LOTS of nappies washed and on the line drying always a nice sight seeing them all on the line drying love it!!!

WOJB ~ sandman / maz cover

DH is Sasquach, and he is not yet brave enough to enter this thread. I bet he will come in here when he suspects any purchases though . I wonder if we will get to my bag tonight considering he has just logged off and switched the xbox on.

WOTB: NBC Sposies

haha ali! thats funny!! DO we get to stalk him then and make weird random cloth comments?! lol

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    haha ali! thats funny!! DO we get to stalk him then and make weird random cloth comments?! lol
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well I promised myself I wasn't going to order any more fluff for a while (have lost track of how many parcels I should have arriving next week, lol) but DH is giving me the shiats, and when I am pee'd off I shop, LOL. So I just ordered 2 itti bittis and some babylegs. I feel better now, lol.

Ray - He understands them!!! He knows the term 'Fluffy Mail' and uses the LS. And yes that is him in the pic with my brace. And those who want to see how close my avvy is, it does have my full body in it. You can even see how close the ensuite is to the bed, and even that is a hard walk.

I need to go and put the tiny nappies back together and pull him off the xbox. I want my bag packed!!

Marlene- Ur such an enabler... I was looking at the trial pack too... Cant wait to see what u have if i can make the meet up...

I have no nappy news, and I still feel like crap....

The kids are good, AD'S BEEN HOME, WHICH IS NICE, AND ITS RAINING HERE NOW, awesome!! DAMN CAPS LOCK BUTTON....

Is there a sale somewhere, I'm down , and need fluff......

Butterfly - I feel the same. Waiting for some sales, please enable.

Woke up to such a gloomy rainy day (the Townsvillians will sympathise with me). All my washing on the line is now saturated... There were three lots on there, one lot fluff. My dryer can only dry so fast! I don't have a clothes horse/hoist for inside either. Where can I buy one?

I think I've come to the realisation that BBH are too wide crotched for DS. For the last few mornings he's woken up with sore looking red marks on the inside of his thighs. It's such a shame because they make up the majority of my stash.

Ali - where do I find the photos of your walking frame? I only read this thread lol I'm so slack. Might venture out into the big wide world of BB soon.

WOPB - Blue IB about 6 liners and lots of cream. Still awaiting my moogoo.

cm - if you find BBH a bit wide you will probably find berryplush wide too. You might like to try bundle of buns or genessa forge. Both will make them for you with velour lining (does cost a bit extra) - i love my gf's and i have ordered some BOB to try too (with velour). Have you tried pawpaw ointment to get rod of the rash and slk liners? probably been said before, sorry see how you go without suede cloth or fleece for a few days..........?

umn who said SALE??!!!

wohb - custom bee gf with bumble bee baby legs, too cute!!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast