Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 170

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

LL80
    what a pity about your gf's, i went thru that same realisation at about the 12 month mark, had to say goodbye to all these beautifully made, lovely mcn that just didn't fit my gal right. (all front closing ones). some i was very attached to!
    we had to swap over to sidesnappers for the same reason, that was the only way bilby's thigh circulation didn't get cut off, and we were able to get the fit right on her skinny waist. don't worry, there are lots of SS out there, when you start looking, just ask if you need some ideas. (yes, my name is Gigi, and i am an enabler).

if anyone knows where you can get COTTON blanket sleepers (one a giant onesie with feet) for the older toddler to sleep in, please LMK, even my friend, Goggle, cannot tell me where to buy them in Oz. all the ones i find, are made out of polarfleece.

wotbb: "Rah" trainers (imse vimse organic velour, so natural fibres next to her skin, yeh). Rah like the tiger!

everytime someone mentions those Lushies on SHP, i get all clucky!

Maz, i get all confused with people sending me friend requests on FB, they send their REAL name, and often i prolly only know them by a forum name, so if they don't tell me their forum name AS WELL (which most don't), i don't know who they are, or how they might possibly know me. and i don't feel confident to click OK to someone i don't know who they are. i need my memory jogged and a context," i'm X , you know me as Z, and i've talked to you on forum Y." then it's all good.

Marlene, there is a great "DIY knitters" section on Nappycino, where you can read all about WHICH wools to use to knit longies with, and the knitters discuss loads of different pattern. People post about "i'm having trouble doing the ______ part" and then other knitters post "have you tried X", so it's a friendly group of mad knitters of mcn mainly. e.g longies etc. That's where i would look, if i was suitably gifted at knitting!

So don't be tempted to buy any old wool you might see UNTIL you have picked the brains of the DIY knitting group, they will save you buying the wrong stuff.

bilby is still in her longies - as pj pants - at least we still have that! but i really should cull all our woollies, too many for a child not in nappies, to have, anymore.

i do have a large pair of aqua llamajama longies that are surplus to our needs, in perfect condition. i was waiting for bilby to grow into them, and left them sitting in the cupboard, meanwhile, she tt-d.

Jess - which ones you looking at?
    I have had mostly negative experiences with EBay non-brand nappy buying. Having said that though, I found one recently that was better than average, but still dodgey.

Michelle from SHP puts up 2 sandmans every week or so, free postage, but the same price as the SHP website. And you can find many brands up there. Last week there were heaps of new IBs and Magicalls.
    Just keep checking back.
    I would avoid and of the nappies that seem to have about 50 listings - they are crap and I know cos I tried them lol Generally they are made with the wrong fabrics, the cut is atrocious and the velcro cuts in and is cheap and nasty.

Having said all of that, post the item number so we can have a squiz and you may come across a good one!

WOHB: nothing - she has taken it off (AGAIN) to do a wee....on the floor...think I should get a potty

ETA: CT also have a seconds EBay store too I think - lots of those around most of the time

LS... Thanks heaps... I figured the mass listing ones would be cheap and nasty... There were a few things i have seen um GK- but noticed no inserts just the outers... few Peapods...- not sure if there anygood. Um yeah i saw the sandman.... Hmm will have to take another peek...

Never had a peapod jess but from what I hear they arent much good. Then again some love them. Think they are a bit mass produced entry level, they are sold in RL baby shops and things.
    Check out the sustainablehempproducts dot com dot au if you like the sandmans, they have other sizes on there. As I said, the only difference is you pay the postage. But they have so many other beautiful products it is worth checking out anyway.

I sometimes look at the ebay US site - they seem to have bulk BumGs and things up quite frequently, and are WAAAY cheap most of the time- even with the conversion rates. Postage can be a bit exxy but if you are careful you can get them cheaper than here too.

They have a heap of baby behinds... bamboo or hemp... oh no another site to check out... Thanks LS... off to have a peek now... Most of the outers are dry waiting on the bamboo boosters... DD is having fun laying on her CT hight tea... LOL. figure its either buy a dryer or more fluff... so more fluff it is... lol. I know i'll probably need one comming up to winter but i'll deal with it later... lol.

WOTB- DD side snap AI2... Perfect fit... DD loves it...

Wooohoooooo!!!!! Five parcels waiting for me at my PO Box this morning. Yayyyyy!

I got:
    2 Maz covers.. fleece camo and minky chocolate rain. (can't wait to try these out!!)
    A "bubba moo" AIO OSFM from eBay green dot minky..looks lovely but havent tried it on yet, so we'll see.
    5 pairs of baby legs from ebay (2 seperate sellers)
    A starbunz cheetah pocket nappy...SO CUTE!! and a TotsBots Flexi Wrap Nappy Cover in Aqua Star from OBT.

What a fluffy day!!
    and also still waiting on another delivery from Mel....and a delivery from Itti bitti's.
    It's no wonder I only have $7 left in the bank...LOL.

Thanks Gigi...I will check out Nappycino for some longie advice.

WOJB....terry flat and Aqua Star TotsBots Flexi Wrap Nappy Cover. (couldn't wait to get it on him, lol.)
    Last edited by Marlene; April 14th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.

Anyone have any of the old TB covers left folks? I really dont like the new ones

I seem to all of sudden have waaaay more inserts that I used to lol I dont have enough nappies to match them - I have a washing basket half full with inserts that have no home lol

WOHB: cant remember...think she is in the shower with DH

Marlene ur the fluffy queen of the week... LOL... wow ur have quite a stash now...

my mum just rang me to say I got fluffy mail! woot!

LS.. I cannot for the life of me remember what TB stands for... sorry...

And woohoo to the fluff queens today....
    Rayray, have you gone to get it yet....

I'm feeling a bit better... I have 3 IB coming, a sandman, 2 second hand, and 2 wild child... a night nappy and a minkee pink dot...

so although all tommorrows money is gone before it gets here, it helped me to not feel so crap, so its all good, isn't???!!!

I cannot wait for the new secondhand mcn shop... i need to start recouping some money on nappies I'm not using... I'm giving away the ones not sell-worthy, and it feels great to help new mcn'ers!!!

Well the DD AI2 i got is PERRRFFFEEECCCTTT..... It fits great.... have to use the smallest snaps so plenty of room to grow. I'm in love with my GK... So soft..... Looking for more to buy but i'm trying to be good... which isnt working just looking and making a list for when i get paid... LOL...
    will put pics on my FB of the DD

PB- YAY on the new buys... and rayray yay on fluff too...

Have no idea what TB stands for either

WOOT finally fluffy mail!

My custom rockstar Bizy Bee for my littlest bear and our LL Maz night nappy for the biggest bear.

Maz - thankyou muchly chickie, quite a surprise parcel Your the bestest xo

A question about cloth wipes - what solution do you use for them or can you just use water?

I'm just using water at the mo, but I think some ladies are putting some lavendar drops in??

You can buy a proper "wash" as well to use... I wonder if its any good and natural???

TB is Tot Bots

Anna - I have some foamy wipes stuff from bubblebubs for when we are out, but at home I use water. The bubblebubs one is a concentrate, the CT one is a premix. I have had the bubblebubs one for ages, long before the CT one came out.

I cannot believe how long this rash of Em's is taking to clear!! DH is creaming it every change and it has shrunk, but where the blisters were is still red. Is it time to put her back in cloth?

I would like to go nappy shopping, but there is no way I can get away with it. DH will have to find out about any purchases to take me to the PO considering I can't drive and he would be the one going into the PO anyway. I am waiting on permit mail though, it is a PITA having to park a long way away, well more a PITP.

I have a custom pair of longies on the way

does anyone remember the gorgeous cherry blossom soaker on ozebaby a while ago? I am getting that on some pretty pink longies for little laaa will be a long wait though, they will be ready early May! oh well, i am happy to get something really special

someone was asking about peapods....... they suck

does anyone else use all the same nappies on the same day? I like to have them all hanging out like little soldiers when drying, so I use all of one type one day and another type the next day... am i the only nutter?

wohb - abby gro slushie

Just quickly...
    Gigi - hmmm aqua llamajamas... noice! DS is getting too big for the 12m size ones we have. They're too long still, but elsewhere the fit is a little too snug.

LS - I got a white and a turquoise stars TB cover in size 2. You want??

Um, I ordered a GF night nappy. DS is chunky in the legs but skinny in the waist. Have I made a terrible mistake?

WOHB: terry flat and Bummis cover. Bathtime in a minute...

Nana...hun i am in the same boat....BUT i think you will be ok with the GF nappy...Jack is chunky leg boy and skinny mini waist...his FB are good on him for that fit.

Kitt3n..hun where did you get the longies???? do tell....i am after a pair for Jack!!!! not cherry blossums though!!

WOJB ~ nuthin...nudy bum

Mmm, I still have my eye on the red embossed paisley minkee FB, counting down to 8pm!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast