Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #171.

NaNa - is the black paw paw cream ok to use without liners? I thought it was the red one you couldnt use, but thought I better check!

Sorry!!!!!

Eej - Yellow and Black are OK. I found the yellow 1 at a health food shop up here. The one in chemists is usually only the red one which is a PITA!! The tube for the yellow 1 is tiny.

Jess - anything without petrochemicals should be ok. The only thing I have found at the chemist that didnt mark or transfer to the nappies was bepanthen ointment, but I try to avoid using that because it CAN transfer. If you are desperate you could even use lanolin, but you may have to scrub it off the nappies. If you use it though do a hot wash to have the best chance at getting it off. Moogoo is not used often at our house because Em reacts to it. Leah will get to use it though.

Speaking of Moogoo - Must ask DH if he wants more of the soap. His dermatits seems to be flaring again

i think i must be sick

i looked at the itti bitti LE's last night, and when i couldn't decide exactly what i wanted, and didn't want to overboard - well, i just decided not to buy any! scary thought. i really must be under the weather....

for those who use flats at home - i can't find flannel flats around here in the major stores (have checked kmart, big w and target - they only have terry flats) - where did you get them? i THOUGHT they'd be easy to find - living in the sticks has it's disadvantages - why is it so damn hard to find something so damn simple (hmmmmm, maybe that's why i didn't get the itti's last night - too depressed about putting myself through pain to go shopping for nappies that i couldn't get!)

BG, I got mine from target. If you get desperate, I could post some to you?

Once DD1 gets out of the newborn phase and starts fitting her OSFM stash, I'm going to get rid of my snappi's and pins, if anyone wants them...

BG hoin not sure...some always managed to find their way home with us form the hospital I dont know how it happened but it just did. And hon...you know your going to get some cow hand me downs from me anyway

And hey girls...if you do want to sell nappies try putting them up in the classifieds and putting a link to them in here! We do have a for sale section in here to..Ive sold nappies successfully to other BB member this way and id rather girls from BB get first dib's IFYKWIM.

You know...i still havent used my cheetah starbunz pocket I totally forgot I had it until I seen maz's (not me the other one) ticker...must make a trifold for it

WOMB - cowboy auriel
    Last edited by ~Raven~; April 21st, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

bg - not sure why you are after flats, but i really recommend booroi prefolds instead, they are great!

has nayone tried baby bullfrogs? i cant find the website

i am so over this kitchen - supposed to be hanging out with dd1 n the holidays but instead i am just tryong to get the house back in order!

wohb - dragonfly widdlewun

Kitt3n, there is a link to baby bullfogs on fb.. in one of my status's... the minilala status...

Yep, BG, target have the 12 pack of flanels..and there is heaps of ittis left hon...

uuummm, I cant even find the gallery anymore.... I am having one of the most BLONDEST days ever today...

the pawpaw ointment in the black tube is nutraceuticals I think, and the yellow one is Simmons. Don't know for sure! I've found none of them have helped when DS has had NR, but he hasn't had it very often. I usually just use a liner and a smear of penaten and it's all gone within 24 hours.

BG - the flannel flats are often hiding somewhere unaccessible, I found some with the cot linen in Kmart! If they don't have them where you are, and you want some, let me know. I'm happy to hunt some down for you here in the big smoke! I found prefolds to not be very useful for multi-purpose stuff - for example, DS was a chucker and I lived with a flanny nappy over my shoulder and a pile of them on the arm of every chair in the house for months. I still use them as nappies now and then.

ETA - here tis! http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...howmembers.php

Quote Originally Posted by alioops View Post
    If you are desperate you could even use lanolin, but you may have to scrub it off the nappies.
    Ali, I wouldn't use even the tiniest smear of lanolin without a liner, unless you want to lanolise your nappies! Lanolin is one of the hardest, most PITA things to get out of fabric, because it is soooo waterproof, and because it will coat the individual fibres so well, even scrubbing doesn't work well. Sure, it's one of the best barrier agents you can use (sunspirit do an excellent calendula infusion in lanolin base, it's fabbo), but I only use it with disposable liners because it's so darned difficult to get off.

Oops!!! Thanks Suse!!! Jess DONT use lanolin!!!

PM'd you kitt3n..

If you are getting flanny flats, make sure you get the ones with the 2 blue lines around 2 side. lol
    Dont ask me why but they are the best ones I found.
    I got mime at Target, but had to hunt around about 4 stores - eventually found them in a city store. They are ace.

ETA: BG - pm your address if you want, I have about a dozen or so of them here that I dont use...will dig them out of the box for you if you want them

WOHB: nothing - in the bath

ladies - just want to have some flannel flats for newborn stage and like the idea of the versality of them for later on. i'm hoping to not be in hospy too long, and i do have some nb mcn's (and lots of delish covers) - but i've heard lots about the newborn poop, and if by chance i do have to have a c/s, i want to know i have something there to back me up if DH goes to work and i can't get the nappies washed kwim? i also like the idea of having the extra back up for laying on her change mat and things just cos they're so plastic and cold - don't want my poor bubba to be cold!

both mum and i have checked Big W - not even a spot for them. Target, same deal. had a friend check kmart (it's 40k's from here) and said the same thing. our Kmart locally doesn't seem to cater for newborn stuff much at all. hell, i had to go to pumpkin patch to get a newborn nighty! our local BigW stocks them, but only in 0000 and i wanted 000 cos i want to use them longer term than just hospital - and the just don't have them. so i'm guessing i might have to either go to the ONE local baby shop (which is ummmm 40odd k's from here) and see what they have, or see if any of my family are going to Melbourne in the near future to go into the shops down there...

thought about going back to the IB site and see what was left, but i dunno, i just don't have the fluffy urge at the moment - feel like there is so much else i should be doing and just can't (ali, middle of the night last night i felt like a hospy trip was in order, couldnt'' move at all with my pelvis!) - and it's doing my head in! did the big cook up over the weekend with mum so that puts us a little ahead, but think i spent too much time doing stuff and now i'm in major pain and can't seem to get anything done...

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post

You know...i still havent used my cheetah starbunz pocket I totally forgot I had it until I seen maz's (not me the other one) ticker...must make a trifold for it
    You have no idea how awesome it is to see someone call me Maz...LOL. I haven't signed any of my posts or PM with "Maz" cos I think I might confuse people, LOL.

Got an email saying my itti trial pack was sent on the 14th but I still haven't got it yet ..hopefully tomorrow. I think the PO are sick of the sight of me, LOL.

WOJB...terry flat with white BBH cover.

im wondering if i got 2 layers of flannel and overlocked them if it would be the same????

what do you think girls??? and how big??? I could make you some cow print ones and swome girlies one BG hon as a gift from moi

MAZ heheh I thought yoy might like that...its like having a secret twin

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
    Got an email saying my itti trial pack was sent on the 14th but I still haven't got it yet ..hopefully tomorrow. I think the PO are sick of the sight of me, LOL.
    I got an email saying mine had been sent as well (but not sure of date of the email - will have to check when I get home) but mine hasn't arrived yet either... I am hoping it is just a delay because of the public holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene View Post

Hon, mine was posted ages ago too, and isn't here.... I have 3 at the PO so It might be there today...
    ( I ordered it in the nappy hunt!)

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast