... 51314151617 ...

thread: Cloth Nappies #171.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Hey, I wonder if Kat will be in here on her lunch break? I bet she's having withdrawals like crazy by now!
    nope no lunch break for me!!! only a 15min break...i am only working 9-2 i am dying!!! my feet/back are killing me!!!!

i did get fluff though when i got home...3 lou lous arrived....nanny/daddy nappies they are about to go through a wash..then in the dryer for tomorrow...

Jack survived staying with his nanny!!!!
    Although i am majorly peeved!!!! she washed his cloth nappies!!!!! have NO idea what she used.... BUT me thinks a strip wash is in order....DAMN IT!!!! and it is raining here

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

im wondering if i got 2 layers of flannel and overlocked them if it would be the same????

what do you think girls??? and how big??? I could make you some cow print ones and swome girlies one BG hon as a gift from moi

MAZ heheh I thought yoy might like that...its like having a secret twin
    i simply went to spotters...and bought the 'NAPPY FLANNEL' and sewed my own flanny flats!!!! only used them once...now they are good wipe up cloths!!!!

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

Maz - the flannel flats are the same size as terry flats aren't they? i have some colored terry ones that i was given - will have to go find them and measure!. would home mades ones come out the same as the ones you get in shops (so lots trimmer than terry flats?) i honestly thought they were only a single layer, not double (i'm so confuzzled!!)

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

BG the nappy flannel is actually thicker than the normal flannel in spotters.... and flannel nappies are only 1 layer.... i have 30 something flanny flats.... i measured them up the same size as a terry flat. My home made flanny flats came out the same as the flanny flat one in hospital...

Apr 2007
    the Sauna

flanny flats sh*t me to tears ... i love them BUT they dont take a snappi ... so you have to use pins or none at all .....

q for itti lovers ....
    DD is 7.4kgs atm and is 8mths .. it says they fit up to 12kgs ... do you have a bub that is older that Gabs that is still in a Med ?? im just having buyers remorse thinking i should have got all larges ...
    as i have a large and the tabs cross over on her , but the med the tabs meet in the middle so no snaps are exposed kiwm , ive never really had nappies that ive had to snap out (meaning using the bigger sizing - snaps on the outer towards the end of the wings ... KWIM ???? ) (prolly not as i just read it and i confused meself! )

I got all sewn in ones hoping they will be a better fit ... and all with mini MF boosters as i just LOVE to accessorizze dahlink !!!
    but im excited about my ittis ..

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

Uh Lea... DS is still in medium Ittis But it depends on her build yeah? DD will still be in them for ages too cos she's the same as DS - long and skinny.

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

Aw Kat! You survived your first day! Bless you, must be so hard, and to come home to find out nanny has washed the nappies... aaaaarrgghhh!!!!! That's just not on. Just ask (without sounding like you're gritting your teeth) what that lovely fragrance is on Jack's fluffies and wether it's softener or something. Might save you having to do a whole strip wash.

Lea - I used a snappi with my flanny flats. There is no way I was letting DP anywhere near a nappy pin. It isn't anywhere near as grabby as with terry, but out of sheer desperation I tried it and it DID work well enough.

BG - whatever way you go with the flanny flats, be prepared for snow at your place on washing day! The amount of fluff they shed is incredible! Oh, and they're roughly 70cm square.

GF fluffiness being posted to me in the morning! woot!

WOHB: swaddlebees AIO

Dec 2005
    not with crazy people

Kat hon your home!!!!! YAY we missed ya

would 2 layers of printed flannel be alright though for a flannel flat if the actuall nappy flannel is thicker??? ive got a lot of a pattern flannel cause it was $2m so would love to make some flat for you BG...hmm could always make them prefold's choice is yours babe....im easy.

off to go for a sticky in my fabric stash....oh I need something to bring me some mojo

Dec 2006

Maz hun if you're in a making mood, i'm happy to contribute to the mojo! if you think the printed flannel isn't as thick, i'll trust your judgement! i have NFI about anything sewing related!

NaNa - i have no drama throwing flats in the dryer to defluff them so that part is all good - i'm planning to not use the dryer much with the MCN's (i don't use for my clothes, so can't really justify it when nappies are almost as exxy as my stuff lol)

Dec 2005
    not with crazy people

thankshon..mojo in the making, now off ot find a flannel flat to measure

Mar 2007
    Paradise

Lea - Em is still a medium and is 12 kg (Yay she finally gained some weight!!) She is a skinny little thing though, her bum is tiny!! But I havent put the goregous NN I bought from Maz on her because I kind of want to save it for Leah. Hey do you pronounce Lea like Leigh or Le-ah?

Kat - Print off some washing instructions for her from one of the sites, and just let her know that if she wants to wash them there are some instructions and you can supply the powder for her. That way if she does it again she has no excuse

I am so glad my mum asked about the washing instructions for the MCN. That and most of our nappies have a lable on them with the instructions. DH even knows how to do a strip wash!!

Hmm would it be worth me sewing up some flanny flats? I have about 25 NB and small nappies and lots of OSFM, and about 40 terry flats. I have tonnes of terry flats thanks to Em having been a chucker. They should be home in about an hour. Man I miss them when I am bored!! I have made a shortcrust pastry today though to do a quiche tonight.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

Kane still goes between med and lg ittis and he is 20 months, and 13 kg!! You can check his size on FB...

Got Lots-a-mail!!!
    3 ittis, pink, trq, and pemt
    sandman
    CT
    2 GF's....
    :dancepoor poor Adam, he just shakes his head......

Maz, hitting the post this arvo for ya!!

Dec 2005
    not with crazy people

I have a lard arse then Mateauz is 15 months and now weighs 13.4kg he's in large in everything..oh bar a HB...he fits into a medium long in them (thanks to aunty sam)

Ali hon...I wouldnt worry about getting anymore for NB......yourve got enough flats by the sounds of it.

PB - oh you are a hon....you'd better put your address on it too

Dec 2006

ok, decision made - i need to do SOMETHING today - so i'm dragging out the nappy stash, sorting it by size and working out what i have - then packing some of it away! then i'm going to unpack all the clothes mum packed away for Gremlin so that it makes sense to ME - sorry, i know she was helping,but she's hung up so much stuff that didn't need hanging, and then put everything away really oddly! bizarro woman! i can't do nothing - even on a day of enforced rest (DH and Mum ordered it after the weekend!)

Jun 2008
    Tassie

Ash only fits the larges now at 10kg. The rise he has outgrown with the med itti.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

well miss maz...i must have lard arse number 2 here....
    Jack is nearly 7 mths and is in LARGE IB's...can still squeeze into mediums...BUT they are like budgie smugglers on him...Ian Thorpe eat your heart out!!! and i am still paying off my IB layby!!!! which are all large thank gawd!!!
    Jack is over 9kgs aswell...and in size 1 pants..(basically for length but also size now)

2 layers of printed flannel would probably be the same as the nappy flannel... you can only try and see...

Am hanging for Lou lou nappies to stock again....need afew more nanny/daddy nappies... or maybe afew more GF customs...

Dec 2006

hiya ladies

just wondering how early your little ones fit into small itti's? and bbb/bbh one size? am trying to sort nappies so that i only have the relevant nappies where DH or mum can put their hands on them and the rest packed away for easy turn over!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Ever so slowly going crazy...

Harmony was 3.7 kg born, and fit her sm itti at about 6-7 wks??

But then was out by 11weeks

She wasn't big by any means, just long...

... 51314151617 ...