Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy Moly...........tired Mumma!

awwww ange hope tonight is better

Lulu, I love the holy molars!

Ange, no, my user name is not pronounced Sabine. It is actually the German word for the number 7 (my favourite number).

Erin has a very good point. Your DD could be either too hot, too cold or too sweaty. I know it's hard figuring out the right stuff to put on them for the night...

Sasa (by the way, my name is pronounced Sasha)

It's unlikely she's too hot or sweaty ATM, hey Ange

~Belinda~ Guest

Ange, I think my DD is teething, her top two are coming through I am sure of it. Have posted numerous things on here and in teething section, want to know what's going on with my DD! She will toss and turn all night and it's driving me insane. I have tried Nurofen as Brauers Teething Relief was not working...but the Nurofen did nothing last night. Have no idea what to do and hope it gets better soon

Good luck with your little one and hope you get some sleep soon

Thanks for all the replies lovely ladies.

Janie- I am scared of her good sleeping spiraling out of control too. Maybe i need to have a coffee with you and get some tips! Will try those teething tablets, Gracie has mentioned them before, but i keep forgetting. And whadda-ya mean? Is it cold here???

Willow- you poor thing, here i am whinging, and all i have is one baby who wont sleep. Not two as well as you being sick! Hope things are looking up round your parts.

Erin- i am a bit nervous about teething gel. MCHN recommended it only as a last resort. The reason being, apparently it can numb the back of the throat and effect the gagging reflux. With all the snot from her cold and a little cough, i am reluctent to use it. I would hate for her to choke on snot!

She might be cold, we live on a freezing part of Vic, we only have a wood fire as a heater. But she has a singlet, a long sleeve top, a wondersuit then a warm wool sleeping bag. If she feels cold i put a blanket on top. She's never sweaty and hot, sometimes her hands feel cold, but the back of her neck is warm........ it's so hard to know!

Room temp is 13-16 degrees. What would you guys dress your baby in that temp?

Evening star- i know what you mean about the tossing and turing, she seems so restless. That's what makes me think she is in a bit of pain...... Hope your DD is sleeping better......

Thankks for the cyber Jols.

Last night was a little better, we had two 3 hr stretches. But woke every 45 min from 7pm until 12am. Hopefully tonight will be better. *fingers crossed*

ange on the temp thing, sophies room is around 16 degrees, our heater turns on if it gets below that, she wear a singlet then long sleeved spencer and either flanny pjs or wondersuit them a blanket sleeper and blankets!
    i think whats she's wearing is fine especially with the wool sleeping bag!

It certainly has been bloody freezing, even here in Queensland. Last night it got down to 8 degrees. It's not much warmer inside due to laughable building and windows so flimsy that my curtains move on a windy day, even when all windows are closed (sorry, I grew up in Europe and for me this is just ridiculous). DD is wearing a singlet suit, Flannelette PJ or Growsuit and a fleecy sleeping bag with sleeves (although I am in the process of making a woollen one as I find the fleece gets sweaty, even when she's not too warm, it just doesn't breath). On cold nights like last night I throw a blanket over her, too.
    It's fine for her hands to be cool as long as her torso feels warm (not hot). I tend to feel the back of her neck, too. Sounds like she's wearing the right stuff. Wool is meant to be better at regulating body temp anyway and reducing the incidence of too hot/too cold.

Sasa

Ange, hope you're sleeping soundly as I type! Would love to have a coffee sometime....let me know when you're heading to Chirnside or somesuch, and you can pop in here too, or I can meet you up there (I'm only 5 minutes away). Not that I have any sleep tips (I wish *sigh*) but it would be nice to catch up We can talk food and let the ferals conspire against us in baby lanuage

How'd you go last night Ange? I hope it was a better one for you! Wow, it sounds cold at your place, I'd die without my ducted heating!

Let me know if you and Janie meet up at "Chirny" one of these days, I'd love to come and meet you and Lu in person (and meet you again Janie)! (If you guys don't mind )

me too!!

The more the merrier, Nelle too, whoever wants to come! Oh gosh, maybe we should just go to Ace Space LOL.

Sorry Ange, we've totally hijacked your sleep thread! But you never know, Sophie might decide to whisper her secrets to our kidlets........pretty please Sophie!

Of course girls! Be great to meet you Trish. (And see you Jols and Sez )We should make a coffee date. What days are you working Janie? How do Wednesdays suit?

I'm too scared to tell you about last night....
    Down at 7, a little unsettled until 11pm needed a couple of cuddles, fed her and she slept until 7am! Needed a pat at 3.30, but no cuddle.
    Not that i slept! She was coughing all night, so i was up and down like a yo-yo!
    That has not happened for months! So i am hoping it is all the good vibes you ladies are sending me and that it will continue.

Sasa- I can't believe it gets down to 8 degress in QLD! Wool is the way to go. I'm impressed you are making a sleeping bag. Do you make your own pattern?

ETA- Janie what were you doing up at midnight?????

Aaaaaah, I'd had a night out with DH seeing SATC, was just killing time until I was sure DS was settled.

That's an ace night, hope it continues for you!

Wednesdays are no good, sorry, I work. And on Fridays too. Mondays and Thursdays are best for me.

Hmmmmm ok, well how about Thursday week? I usually have "mothers club", but i can ditch 'em for you gals for one week!

thursday good for me too!!!
    sez sophie has been painfull to get to sleep this week!!

Thursday week sounds great! I may be able to get my mum to chase after Joel for me. Name the time and place and we'll be there

Oh, of course Jols, just as you're going to get reeeaaally reeeeaally tired!

Thursday week is good for me too, I usually have MG too Ange, but I'm sure we'll live without What time do you usually 'come down' Ange?

Any time is fine, How about 11am? What suits you gals?
    Where shall me meet? is there somewhere Little N, S and maybe J-man can run around while we sip latte's?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast