Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The couch to 5 km! Want to join me?

Well I have completed 2 of my workouts for the week. I have the flu as well, so feel like crap, but struggle through it. Well, that's my excuse for being so breathless.

I went and bought some clip on earphones, so this way they wont fall out on me. I haven't looked into whether I can get mp3s on my phone yet - will have to investigate that today. I have a little fm radio to listen to at the moment - and I'm just counting in my head and checking against my watch.

Hoping it's a nice cool week this week.

I'm with you Mrs P - I'm not sure if I'm ready to advance onto Wk2 yet lol

And ladies, don't forget to hold your PFM's in and up during the workout! It gives another HUGE workout to you!

Ah, my first week is almost over and I've only done one I'm certainly not ready to move on... Will hopefully get a chance to get out tonight.

well i did day 1, week 1, today, and i must say, im feeling really positive.... i HATE running, but this wasn't bad at all, i actually found it started to get easier as i went on, i must have developed a little rythmn or something, i couldn't believe that i was running!! im thinking my 'brisk walk' was not very brisk, more like a normal to fast paced walk, but at least i got the running part right.... im giving myself the first week for my body to adjust to running, i can tell my legs are a little sore this morning, then during week 2 i think im going to do it 5 days a week instead of 3. we have a wedding to go to in mid february and it would be great to have lost some weight by then.

i actually feel like it could happen this time. just have to stay focussed and not get put off if something comes up and i can't exercise....

Emma - the program is designed for 3 times a week to not burn yourself out! Maybe just do brisk walking the other 2 days and not the running? But yay on the rhythm!

Well done ladies, well done!

yes thats true im probably getting a tad excited, hahahaha after only day 1.... yeah a big walk would be better, plus i can take bubs too if im walking.... not too keen to run with the pram, too unco!!

I am yet to do my 1.2 workout... my legs were really sore after the 1.1 workout! I think I didn't stretch enough. Want to try 1.2 tonight but again it's 38 degrees here today. Yuck. Will see how I'm going after dinner....

I finished 1.3!!!!

OK, so I hit a speed bump (where the heck did it come from?) and jarred my back badly, but I DID finish all the running at the allocated times!

Mrs P - I haven't stretched, I think the walk to cool down has been helping me there ....

Now to go and prepare a playlist for week 2 ...

I am yet to do 1.3 - I need to find the energy as my whole body has been aching for 3 days - obviously I'm not as fit as I thought I was. I'm thinking a nice soak in the tub tonight might help and I can tackle 1.3 tomorrow.

Well done Kaz!
    I'm feeling lazy as I still haven't done 1.2 - again, it's the weather, it's just too hot!!

But *maybe* if we eat dinner early tonight, we'll do it at about 8pm...

Belinda - soak in tub sounds great!

My back is still stuffed, I can barely walk let alone run. So missed today's run, seeing the chiro again tomorrow and hopefully will run Friday arvo. after the cool change!

1.2 is done and dusted heh heh. It was still tough though - I'm so wishing I had a gym membership - it would be easier with no sun, wind, and hills to contend with! But then I guess the point is not to make it easy.

Kaz - bugger about your back, good luck at the chiro (I love a good spinal adjustment! I go every 3 weeks).

Belinda - how did you go with 1.3? DH tried telling me we were doing 1.3 tomorrow, and I was like "Rest day, rest day!!"

i did 1.2 last night, even in the heat, and i must say im really enjoying it, and i HATE running..... i know its early days but im actually thinking i could be converted.... once you get going there is something satisfying about pounding the pavement.... i took my dog last night, first time i have walked her on my own since she was a puppy, as she is HUGE (42kg)) and i have never been confident i could physically hold her if she saw something she wanted to run at... anyways am so happy we were able to go walking/running together.

am planning on doing 1.3 on friday in the morning, before the 41degree heat.

Mrs P - think of all those people who work out at the gym but can't run on pavement! The hills build up resistance and your aerobic condition!

I found 1.3 great - I ran further and didn't stop any of the running bits early! Which I had done on 1.1 and 1.2!

yeah i agree, running on the treadmill isn't the same.... unless you put it on an incline... running for real takes much more out of you, as your legs aren't automatically pulled back for you like on the treadmill, you gotta do it all yourself.

i have a wedding to go to this time next month and feel like i need to do alot more if i am going to move any kilos... am considering next week when i start week 2, doing the week 1 runs on the rest days... im not sore at all today after last night's run.... i want to get into the habit of doing something every morning, three times a week doesn't feel like enough at the moment to see (physical) results.

Emma - I think you're right, the treadmill is easier as it 'pulls' your legs for you. When I was a gym go-er, I used to be able to jog on a treadmill for 20 mins without dying, so I was wondering why I'm finding this tough, but it makes sense now! Also my thighs definitely weigh more so that's more to try and move

Kaz - I ran a bit further with 1.2, I'm managing to run the whole 60 secs, but by the end it's more like a shuffle LMAO.

Hopefully I'll do 1.3 tomorrow night, even if DH isn't home (boys night). Might go for a power stroll today and maybe some crunches (if I can find my fitball & blow it up) and some push ups and tricep dips....

hehe Mrs P - somehow this little hill (all of 10m but geeze about 3m high) hits me on the final 20 secs of the final run .. it felt SOOOOO good just to do all those runs!

I'm seeing the chiro in about an hour, hopefully will be able to run tomorrow. Hated not getting out yesterday. DF's really helping me too, he's pushing me out the door to exercise every second day ...

This sounds interesting, I'll look into it! I just need for someone to *make* me go out and do it... the numbers on the scales are a motivation, but the rest of the body is too tired and theres a sore spot in it.

I have a 4wheeled bertini and I know if I walk fast I kick the wheels and almost fall over! Plus, Jensen gets a bit cranky when he's in the pram and doesn't want to be.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast