Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

I've hit a plateau after losing 7.5kgs in 6 weeks. I am stuck!! Nothing seems to be making any different so I guess i'll just have to wait it out. SIGH.

Hey Ladies,

It is time for me to get my butt into gear and loose some baby weight. DD2 is 8 months and I have done diddly to get into shape again. Mind you we have moved house and Loren is not a sleeper so I have been in a daze for a few months.

I am back to pre preg weight but not back to my original pre preg weight if that makes sense. I just can't get those last 7 kgs moving and my shape has altered so much this time round.

My first step to weight loss is giving up biscuits and sugar. From there I will cut out wheat and gluten. I have a treadmil but I am finding it hard to get on it without interuptions. I also have a preggie belly's dvd that I was supposed to use whilst pregnant but didn't of course. I watched it the other day and they seem to get moving so I will try and use this too.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated

I bought dumbells today! I'm hoping that'll get me off this plateau. Now I just need to figure out how to use em!

Bek - I am doing WW Online, so much easier than trying to get to meetings. I'd really recommend it, it's about $90 for 3 months.

Baby Socks - good luck with the weights!

SG
    xo

Thanks Shoegal. Do you know if WW accommodate for gluten free diets?

ohh I got on the treadmill for 20mins this morning. When Loren woke at 6.15am I stayed up instead of going back to bed.....Lets see if I can do this at least 3 times per week.

No worries Bek.

Do you know much about WW? Foods are appointed a points value so it's up to you what you eat basically. Thousands of foods are listed on the online tracker, so you simply enter in the food and a points value is shown to you. Are you BF'ing? If so, you get an extra 7 points allowance per day, woo hoo!

HTH!

SG
    xo

Thanks SG I will have a look at the website if I get a chance today. No I am not bfing unfortunately

I was meant to do weights today but I didn't get the chance, so I'll do them tomorrow. I haven't lost weight per se but I have lost 5cm off my waist since I measured a few weeks ago and I swear I LOOK like i've lost weight! hehe.

I put on 0.1kg this week.

Actually, it's pretty good as I went to Perth on the weekend and ate out quite a bit.

Oh well, back on the bandwagon today.

SG
    xo

FINALLY broke the plateau and lost that pesky 500gms! I credit it to walking with weights (I've been speedwalking while holding my dumbell bars). Though someone actually stopped riding their bike to tell me that walking with weights is bad for your skeleton wtf?

Hi All I thought i would jump on the band wagon, I have been trying to lose weight for about a month now but nothing is happening. So this week i have decided to get serious about doing so. My little girl is nearly 4 months old and i need to seriously lose some weight. At the moment Im weighing in at 80kg which is overweight for me as for my height i should be between 55-65kg so im overweight by 15kg going from the biggest i can be. I am however at my weight that i was before i had bub so that is a little bit of relief. I have started walking this week and will be walking 5 klm 3 times a week and doing pilates 3 times a week and giving myself 1 day off. Does anyone know how many calories you need a day while breastfeeding??? Im going to be using Calorie King but have no idea on how many calories a day i need to consume for breastfeeding.

Ange - how are you going with calorie King? I found it a little confusing TBH, that's why I'm on WW, an extra 7 points just because I am BF'ing, yay!

Me - Well, I'm 2kg's off pre preg weight and would like to lose another 2 after that. It's been rather slow, but steady, so I'm confident I'll have lost it all by the time summer is here.

SG
    xo

I might have to jump on the wagon with you girls!

Ive gained 8kg since I stopped BF 6 weeks ago and im shattered. Dont get me wrong....Im a big chicki anyway but 120kg is just to much for me to handle.

So enlighten me and help me find strength please girls. I dont want to take medication or have drastic surgery...they are short term fixes when really what i need to do is gain my healthy life style back. I need to find me again

thanks chickies

Welcome maz, I hope you find some good support here, it's been a little quiet of late!

Me - I lost 0.5 this week, so only 1.6 off pre-preg weight, but 3.6 to get to goal. It's going verrrrrrrrrry slowly! I'm averaging a loss of about 0.3 a week.

SG
    xo

Well thought I had better stick my face in here.....

Bit about me - always been a bit tubby - done countless diets etc.... lowest I have been ever was 68kg - which I was happy with.

Was 74 when fell pregnant with DS - went up to 96 by the end of it. By the time he was 5 months old I was down to 68.

Let my diet slide a bit - fell pregnant with DD - was 73kg at the time.

By the time she was born I was back up to 96. So I was 89.4 on Sunday when I weighed myself, and I write my own diet plan based on the Calorie King's book.

So there you go!! I hope others will be in here as well!!!

Hi girls
    I have decided its time to give it ago also. My bubs is 4 months now and in the first few months i lost weight but now i am putting it back on, I am breast feeding so i know i need to be careful on not doing anything to drastic. I have been really doing no exercise at all other than the odd walk so i know i need to start with that first. I have just been lazy, i live only 5 min walk from the beach and a fantastic walking path beside the ocean, the nicest part of town so there is no excuse really. So all i need is some motivation which i hope to get from here..

think i need to jump in too- so need motivation- no idea how much i weigh but need to lose 10ks aprox - i'm just so lazy!!!

Hi Abb and LSK

Abb - I wish I had those walking paths near here!! There are no footpaths where I live, which makes walking with a pram very dangerous!!!! Think I may have to get my act together and go for a walk with the baby in a sling - when the toddler is at daycare.

LSK - I wish I only had 10kg to lose.. LOL

Motivation.. need motivation.... hmm.. now where did I put it... I know its around here somewhere..

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast