Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

when you find it can you post it to me??

seriusly why would i excersize if can read BB?? my hardest form of excersice is moving my hand to press "new posts"

Hi girls,

Thought I might come here for some motivation too. I have pretty steadily put on weight with each of my pg's, starting with about 8kg's with my first, about 5 with my 2nd, (though these pg's ended in m/c probably why I never lost the weight, stress!) 5 with the 3rd and 5 with the 4th. Which has brought me to my highest weight- 89kg post baby. I got up to about 98 with this pg (OMG!!!) and am now about 85kg. My lightest weight has been 65kg, so I've never been really slim, but I would love to get back there! I never knew how good it was, LOL!
    So I have about 20kgs to lose, wow......it's a bit daunting when I put it down in writing....
    I have been walking with the kids in the double pram, and pushing that (about 25kg with both kids in it!) around is challenging in my current unhealthy, unfit state! I also have to lug them up and down three flights of stairs to get anywhere since we live in a third floor unit. ANd have cut out chocolate and dairy for DS (he gets colicky when I eat it). So that has all contributed to losing a few kg's after only 5wks. I will have to take more notice of what I eat!
    Anyway enough rambling!

i have put on 16 kg during my pregnancy.

before pregnancy i have always shed wait easily by cutting out carbs. does anyone know if you can do such a diet if you are breastfeeding???

Quote Originally Posted by Brewnetta View Post

before pregnancy i have always shed wait easily by cutting out carbs. does anyone know if you can do such a diet if you are breastfeeding???
    Iwas wondering the same thing as i eat alot of bread, pasta etc.
    I am off for a walk now yay the sun is out for once. Havent eaten anything too bad over last few days so all good so far.

Hi girls!

Thought I would come in here and hopefully give encouragement and get some in my quest to lose baby weight! I put on 15kg with my DS (8 weeks old tomorrow) and have lost 10kg. I have three weight loss goals:

#1: Get to pre-pregnancy weight (5kg to go)
    #2: Get below 70kg (another 3kg)
    #3: Get to 65kg (another 5kg)

I was 65kg for *ages* but put on the 5kg last year due to a missed miscarriage and couldn't seem to get it off.

Here's what I'm doing:

* Going to the gym 3x a week (30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights)
    * Breastfeeding
    * Not drinking soft drinks, trying to drink as much water as possible
    * Eating healthily but not being obsessive about it

I've lost 4kg this last month yeah! How is everyone else going?

4kg is brilliant mate!!!!

I lost 5kg - and then had a blow out of a weekend to celebrate my 5kg loss - and put 1kg back on.. pmsl...

i just joined up with this weight watchers program. i've never used them before but my last couple of attempts at dieting have failed miserably, i realise i need help. hopefully i'll be able to keep on track this time.

one week down and i've already lost a fraction of weight. better than nothing!

Great job, lolla!
    If you would like there is a thread for people who want to lose weight which is more active than this one is at the moment- 2009 Weightloss Challenge (or something similar to that! Sorry don't know how to post links). I'm sure it would be ok for you to join up if you want to!

Ive written a new diet plan (better meals, more choices - chocolate included!)

So hopefully I can post some good results soon.

hi i am on a healthy eating plan and trying to lose some uneanted kilos.

while doing IVF i gained 5 kg and i hadn't lost any weight at all. untill about 4 weeks ago . i started a healthy eating plan and lost 200g 1st week
    and then nothing in week 2
    then i lost another 300g last week
    this week , i lost 400g

so i have lost 900g now, thats almost a kg, i am so excited, i feel better already.

will keep up the good eating and trying to lose at least 3 kg before march ends.

did anyone else stumble over the long weekend?

i found the long weekend a bit harder . as we were camping you don't tend to watch what you eat. i have a weigh in on thursday so i'm trying extra hard to stay the same by then and not gain any.

good luck

same to you!

i have been sort of following the low gi diet thing. i find i am not used to eating this much food. it seems i am eating more. i have had a few good days and have weigh in tomorrow. wish me luck.

hi all
    I need all the help I can get. I have weight issues most of my life and I am now somewhere a little over 100kg and want to get to 65kg - so a whopping 35kg.

I have an almost 5 year old and a very demanding 8 month old (also not a big sleeper - like you BekZ). My main problem is emotional eating which I need to tackle head one. I eat mainly when I am tired, under pressure, in demand & grumpy (which happens alot). Chocolate & biscuits are my vice of choice.

Keen to have somewhere to share my progress. Planning to stick to high protein, low carb plan with some exercise when i can with baby.... Any advice with eating plans and how to stick to this long term would be great!

R x

joy mama: i have found the low gi diet easier to do than the low carb high protein. for me the low carb diet made me feel so tired but the low gi diet has given me energy.
    i gained nothing while away camping for one week. and my mum ( who hardly ever says anything nice to me) even told me today i looked like i had lost some weight since xmas day. so that was good for me.

i have the " low gi diet revolution book" and i use it all the time. i find this realisitic and easy to prepare meals that taste good and i am loosing weight.

hope you find some answers.
    also maybe some walks with bubs in the pram, i go with friends as i am 1o times more likely to go if i book it in with someone else.

keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast