Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

Ammaki If you had of asked me a couple of days ago I would have gone on a rodie to the Goldie and kicked your butt hehehehhe I want to get a slow cooker too!... But I kinda have to get my head around why I need another appliance in my cupboard iykwim, I think why can't I just use a saucepan on low heat? hmmmmmm I think they would be great for low cal meals though... I am getting a new blender though, I decided this morning that I am sick of my old one leaking! And I need it for my smooothies Dam it! today maybe if I can be bothered going into town to get it

I couldnt leave a saucapan on all day whilst im at work ... slowcooker. NO WORRIES! I can put it on go to work then when i come home theres no excuses not to exercise! I usually cook for an hour two when i get home from work but now i can cook it throughout the day and its ready when we get home ... also making our dinner time earlier therefore more time to burn it off before bed! Oh i love it!!

Ammaki- Thats a great idea the slow cooker ive got one i just need some healthy recipe ideas for it. Dinner for me definently has to change. but i feel alot better over the last few days ive only been drinking water and steering away from the wrong foods its amazing how fast you feel it. hopefully it shows even abit on the scales this afternoon when i weigh myself.

Snugglybean- That is so exciting must of felt amazing i cant wait to get there where you are right now ! Congragulations you should be so proud!

cherished1- i just bought the best blender myself, more so for DD as shes on solids but it has a smoothie attatchment its the best investment ive made so easy to use and takes seconds to clean best thing ever,i use it for everything. Its a brevile cordless hand held one its so convenient its the best!
    Also what kind of smoothies do you have im trying to think of things i can have to keep me fuller and am running out of inspiration?

belfie- Thanks hun ill have to have alook at the WW site, see how it goes. Oh and congragulations on your little Woohoo more like a big WOOHOO i think congragulations!

Nai- Wow hun thats amazing how much you have lost you must feel so amazing congrads i cant wait to loose that much

I Love my slow cooker! It is awesome for baked beans (especially if you come home after a boozy night, you can put them on, then wake up, stumble into the kitchen and put some goodness back in ) and other legume-based dinners. You can use a casserole dish in the oven, but the slow cooker is such incredible peace of mind. It is very low fat cooking, too. Although so fricken tasty you could eat about 20 bowls! I mostly do beans and chickpeas and stuff in mine, but meatatarians can do some incredible stews and casseroles.
    Hey cherished, when you do your roadie to the G-Cizzle to kick Ammaki's backside, pick me up on the way! Hear that, Ames? DOUBLE butt-kick. Watch yourself!

Theres enough butt for you both to kick!! Woohoo!! We should do that i reckon, organise a road trip somewhere and have our own bootcamp!!

Currently my slow cooker is cooking away a lamb caserole ... sorry to the vegos!

AWW yum that sounds soo good im definently going to try something like that tomorow nite do you add vegies or anything into yours with the lamb im newly aquainted with mine. lol

I got a masterfoods lamb casserole sache thing, you cook a little onion and carrot in a pan then pop them in the slowcooker, brown the lamp then add the the slow cooker. Add a 400g can of tomatoes tbs honey & the sache to the slow cooker and away it goes! Will report back when ive tasted it!

no worries Amy's eat your little meat eat'n heart out! SnugBug I reckon a roadie to the Goldie sounds great! we will have to consider organising that... Anyone else from around here and there?

OK so the slow cooker sounds like it's safe to leave on over night and when you aren't home... I'm one of those crazy people who has to check 3 times that everything is turned off before I leave home.. I don't even go out and leave the dryer OR the washing machine!!!!! Once bitten twice shy I guess... dh has left the IRON on before!, I left the stove on for a WEEK once about 15 years ago when I went away... I got back and the element was on!!!! OMG I nearly died!!!! AND luckily I was home once and could turn off the washing machine because it was flooding the laundry! SO yeah I am totally nervous to leave anything on Tell me again, is a slow cooker safe????

emmasn is the whole thing hand held? I will check it out, thanks I mainly have banana smoothies, I put in frozen banana, flaxseed oil, natural flavour whey powder, honey, cinamon & nutmeg. Variations include fresh LSA, other nuts, sultanas etc fresh leafy greens or sprouts, mung beans or even cucumber, frozen or fresh berries (I am currently growing blueberries for the 1st time, cant' wait to eat them) Sometimes I add oats, a wheat bix (not very often like maybe once every couple of months) I also use either organic rice or oat milk

oK i have abit of a woohoo i cant believe it i havent weighed myself in a few weeks because i havent had scales and i went to the chemist to use the scales there and i have lost 3 1/2 kg i thought they might have been wrong but i did it a few times and still the same i feel so good but kno i have more work to go to reach my goal im going to try to get to 60kg now i know i can do it 8 1/2 kg to go.

Ammaki- Thanks for the tips huny sounds yummy will definently be trying it

cherished1- yeh the whole thing is handheld and cordless and theres two different attatchments the blender part which i do DD solids on and soups etc with, and the smoothie attatchment, it just saves so much time and energy all you have to do is take the attatchment off and wash it and put the main part back on charge i got it at kmart or bigw cant remember. Thats a great idea ill have to make some smoothies sounds delicious and nutritious!

WOOHOO Em!! Thats awesome! Great loss!

Hi guys. I'm baaaaack. Well I have been really naughty this week. But it was nice to have a week off being good. The good thing is my tummy was like WTF are you doing to me?!?! Strangely I still lost weight and cms when I weighed in today. Not complaining though Good to be back into it all and looking toward a future skinny me. Parents and brother are coming on Wednesday so it will be a bit challenging to be good. But I will I will!

Everyone sounds like they are going well.
    Snuggly - the dress! Woo hoo!
    Em - That is so awesome on the huge loss!
    Belfie - Those cms lost are amazing. Go girl!
    Cherished - Good work on your lowest weight..........yet. You are doing so so well.
    Nai - Nice loss! Sounds like WW is going great for you
    Amy - I wish on the GC trip! Would love to catch up with all of you Greater Brisbane girls when I am back in the area.

Well done Krys how wonderful is it that you can eat a few treats and still loose weight

OK after my run down on all the things left on around the house etc I dreampt last night that the toilet over flowed! yeeeep, the strange mind of cherished! I have heaps of weird dreams. Today I plan to do the house work, do a workout and than lay in the sun again for a bit, than put in a hair colour and than do a facial on myself

Hope you are all doing well xo

Cherished - oh gosh that sounds like a lovely day - can I have one too?

krysalyss - wow, congrats on still losing, that's awesome, and sounds like a good mental break from monitoring too.

emmasn - wow, huge loss, well done to you too! re slow cooker recipes, google 'em, there's heaps out there. Plus I picked up a slow cooker recipe book from Target... but lots of recipes you can just convert. I just throw everything in and let it go. The other day I was cooking spag bol and DS suddenly decided he HAD to be attached to mummy... leg... foot... whatever. Hmm not so safe when I'm busy browning meat... i thought right, slow cooker nex time for sure!

Ammaki - I do lamb casserole all the time too, and curries, and dahl, and chilli... LURVE my slow cooker. Yum yum yum.

I found another tub of old "skinny" clothes I'd missed recently. Found some new trousers, shorts, skirts etc... but none of my old tops fit BAH! My weight is all on BB's and waist still... oh well more motivation to keep going. Haven't tracked my food for the few days, think I need to start again. Otherwise I forget to eat stuff cos I'm trying to be so-called "good", then crave chocolate cos I haven't eaten enough . Off to hairdressers for a trim today... so I've nearly got the pamper thing going haha.

hope everyone has a great day!

havn't been on here for a while but i thought i'd just give an update. been good with eating as i'm still not physically 100%, i said to myself the one thing i can control is what i put in my mouth.

anyway 3 weeks of fairly good eating, a few naughties but mostly good. i have lost 1.6 kg and i have a measure on tue at the gym to see if i have lost any cm's. fingers crossed.

good luck to all in your healthy eating plans. x

Thats great hun you should be really proud of yourself i hope your feeling better soon xx

Hi all!

Jut wondering if i can join in, im currently trying to lose about 10kg and although i have lots of motivation at the moment ( I am burning 300-500 calories at a work out at the moment and am exercising 6 out of 7 days in the week) the kg just dont seem to want to budge, in fact they are going up! Be nice to share tips and hints and my woo hoo's as well as my boo hoo's. Weighed myself today and had a gain but af has just shown up so thinking that might be why.

Hey Isabel B welcome
    i too have about 10kg to loose already lost 3.5kg this week, you may find your gaining muscle (correct me if im wrong) frustrating i know have you tried measuring yourself you might notice the cms coming off that way thats what im doing, just so i dont get to dosapointed if i put on weight from muscle. i hope im making sense verry tired lol Well goodluck hun im sure you'll see results soon with what your doing x

belfie yeah go and pamper yourself I highly recomend it! You're right though a trim is nealy a pamper day, heck add some cucumber on your eyes and a cup of herbal tea and it's as good as! ahhhh the old skinny clothes! I had kinda gone through mine a few weeks ago and had a huge revelation that one program my brain was running was that if I loose wieght I wont be able to wear the nice clothes that I have NOW! and I figured out that I got that from my mum because when I used to ask her why she does't loose weight her excuses was that she would have to buy heaps of new clothes... BUT for me that doesn't make sense because I already have heaps of nicer clothes that I dont' fit into! So it was great to recognise that negative belief that I was carrying around and have no fear about loosing the weight... I know it sounds a littel crazy! (sorry for doubling up on this btw for everyone that has read it!) Anyway after reading your post yesterday I acutally went through all my clothes and put them into sizes hanging up where I can see them so that I can be encouraged and want to fit into them iykwim, it was fun and I found stuff I'd really forgotten about, so now I have my current size which is pretty much size 16 (but a few larger size 14's in there) than there's all my size 14 stuff which I 'nearly' fit into and did fit into before the 2 pg's and all my size 12 which I loooove and my size 10 stuff which if I fit into again I will be very bloody happy about

JBM that is a great loss of 1.6kg in 3 weeks! Well done and keep up the good work, I"m sure you would have lost cm's

Isabel, keep up the motivation it sounds like you are actually doing really well If you are eating well and burning so many calories you may just be putting on muscle (like emmasn said) which is heavier, that might be why the kg's aren't coming down? After displaying all of my clothes yesterday I plan to know I am losing weight by being able to put on my jeans etc from the next size down hehehe

AFM OK weigh in was 70.3kg! so it's the lowest I've gotten to and it brings my total weight loss to 2.5kg over a whopping 8 weeks. That is an average of only 300 grams a week which is still good as it is a loss but cricky I had originally wanted to loose 1kg a week but thought 500grams a week was more likely... I guess this is what happens as you get older Looking at the positive side I am so very proud of myself for not going off the rails when I had that huge gain in one week and for just sticking at it in general especially when I was going through such an emotional time when I started out on this journey... I know putting on weight in the past has been from emotional eating and to have not done done that after the 2nd mc and instead actually lost weight from working out and eating well is dam impressive

hello everyone else and Good luck for everyone else weighing in today xo

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast