Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Ali - yay for the weight loss! Its great losing so much hey

Well I had an interesting day today.. I was throwing up this morning but then in the afternoon I have been fine! From throwing up I lost 500g. hmmmm now theres an idea!! LOL JUST KIDDING Not too sure what it could have been from, I think it was just a small bug that I must have gotten out. No gym for me today tho cause of it but back on the horse tomorrow!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Oh Veronica.... you're not UTD again are you?!?

Celsie. xoxox

how r u this morning Veronica?

haha Celsie - no i am not UTD! My baby buddies asked the same thing..

Ali - I am feeling good today, just got a bit of a cold. I got to the gym so i must be better!

Hi girls,

Well done to everyone who has lost some weight! and to those who are still trying too. I have had a pretty good week so far. Bub and I went to the movies this morning with my mothers group which was fun.

I am going to the gym this afternoon to do a step class. Feeling tired but I know I will feel great afterwards. It is hard with a baby getting to the gym at times. I often spend my whole class stessing that she is crying in the childcare. When I get there though she is fine (most of the time).

Have a good night everyone. I am going to try my best to cook veges tonight!!

Oh Veronica... I was hoping you were going to say YES!!! LOL

Congratulations to all of you who've had a loss.

I think I'm back to my original start weight (not that I've been game enough to weigh myself). I've had a full on couple weeks and my excercise has gone to almost nothing! Will get back on track next week!

Celsie. xoxox

Hi all...well done on everyone's achievements so far, you are all an inspiration.

Was hoping that i can join too please?

My DD is 8 months old next week and I am still 12kgs over my pre pregnancy weight and I am feeling really uncomfortable with my current weight. I am currently 92kgs. My goal weight is 70kgs which would put me at the higher end of my healthy weight range. I have started to count points again as lost 8kgs prior to falling pregnant doing this. My biggest problem is lack of self control and exercise. I can't justify spending money on a gym membership until i go back to work so i am trying to walk as much as i can and watching what i eat. I was breastfeeding but now my DD only takes the first feed from me and the rest is bottles of formula, breastfeeding didn't help me lose any weight at all which i was really dissapointed with as i was relying on this. Hoping that if I check in with all of you inspirational people each week that i won't play up and will stick to this as i am sick and tired of being in tears over my weight. Thanks.

Welcome Rachel!

I hear you on being disapointed that bfing did absolutely zero for your weight I felt the same!! I had this picture in my mind that after three months of bfing I will me at my pre-pg weight, or even lower! Well 9 months after birth I am FINALLY there and it has bugger-all to do with b'fing :lol Just hard work, tears and tantrums and a DH with big brass [email protected] (I get really b!tchy when I am told that I can't have that chocolate!! )

This is a great thread to keep motivated. Well done for trying to walk as much as possible.
    Good luck !

Hi Rachel!

I don't have a gym membership either and my DD#2 can't BF. I have controlled portion sizes and do as much exercise as I can at home and do a walk regularly. I also go to a pg & pn excercise class with my physio on Mondays. C if ur hossy does something similar.

HI everyone,

I've struggled with my weight forever. This year I found the key. I feel sooo stupid because it is so simple. When I was 7 weeks pregnant I found that I had diabetes. I had to modify my diet of course but not as dramatically as you might think. Basically it's all about portion control. I was eating reasonably healthy but just having too much of a good thing.

Here is the rule I now live by; half my plate is vegies/salad, quarter for protein (sometimes a little more cause I'm pregnant) and quarter for carbs. I eat 5/6 times a day. B/fast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, sometimes supper. I was hungry when I first had to eat like this but my stomach has definately shrunk and my sugar cravings are non-existant, though I am currently on insulin so this helps.

My starting weight was 105kg, it's now 99kg and I'm 21 weeks with a big baby. My goal is to continue to eat healthy and keep moving towards a healthy baby and an insulin free life.

Favourite healthy choices are: Yoplait No fat yoghurt, Healthy Choice Twin Packs, Vitaweets, porridge. What are yours?

Hi all,

Ruth you are doing a great job!! Slow and steady is the best way. Have you spoken to your GP about TTC and wanting to loose weight etc. If your anxious maybe you should talk to someone. Because while your weight is coming off slowly you are still increasing your fitness level and there must be bonuses in that.

Well done allison,

Veronica, did you ever do a test to double check the UTD theory??

Rachel, of course you can join. This is open to everyone.

Lol nadine, I have had some success with loosing weight while breast feeding. I'm finding it easier to loose weight now than I did before PG. But I have also fallen off the wagon a bit too. I got to stop the treats. If I ate healthy I'd definitely back at pre preg weight by now.

Teach mum well done. I'm currently wanting to get back to pre preg weight so I can have it for a little while before having another bub. I wish I had been as well behaved as you are being while I was pg.

I'm doing what u r doing Teachmum! I'm not diabetic but there is a history of type2 diabetes in my family. My goal is to avoid that and get back to my pre wedding weight before conceiving #3.

I was naughty and jumped on the scales again this morning. 70.2!! hopefully I can crack the 69ers on tuesday!!!

Hi guys,

How are we all going? Try to be self-controlled on the weekend! Remember that Monday is weigh-in day!

So I just looked at one of my "goals and plans" documents, and it says that I was aiming to be 88kg by 30/12/2007. What do you reckon? Doable? Should I put in a few hard weeks or is it unrealistic, esp. given the rate I lose weight. I think I'm scared of trying and then failing...

My Dr. friend swears by a low Gyclaemic-load diet, so I'm looking into that. Today was a shocker so far: allbran + brown sugar + skim milk, white bread + peanut butter, coffee, 1 piece homemade lasange, 600ml Rush and it's only 2pm! We are going over to my in-laws for dinners, so I will restrain myself to meat and vege - no breads or cheese for me.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your support and advice - it makes a difference!

PS Kungfubecca - re going to the Dr, did you mean to get help with my weight loss or my anxiety or preconception stuff?

Hello ladies,

Well some of us are doing well, good on you!!

Welcome to Rachel and Teachmum, I hope we can give you both the motivation and encouragement you need! I find it a great thing to be able to document what I'm doing and be a bit accountable for it!
    Teachmum, I like to eat small one serve size packs of dried fruits, especially when I need a good sugar hit, and diet jelly. If you can't tell I have a very sweet tooth!

Ali, you're well on the way to being 69kg's, woohooo!! Congratulations

Ruth, what do you weigh now? If we consider there's about 8wks until the 30/12, and you could lose0.5-1kg a week, I guess you could realistically lose about 6kg's? I wouldn't really aim to lose any more than that though as it is too much too fast, IYKWIM? Good luck!

Well I have been sooo good in the past week. I have been to the gym, and if not to the gym, I have walked for 45mins a day. Except for today as it is raining here and I walk to the gym with DD, so I couldn't go . I have been eating really well too. Today I had a coffee, watermelon and rockmelon for breaky, some dried fruit, a salad with crackers for lunch, a muesli bar and skim milk for a snack and for dinner I'm having beef teryaki and rice noodles (homemade) as well as lots of water during the day. *And, no I'm not bf anymore * Woohoo, I'm looking forward to a good loss this coming week....fingers crossed anyway....

Hi everyone, thanks for the supportive words and welcome. So far i think i am doing really well just have to keep it going. Although did have a chocollo from wendies today, but other than that i had a great day. Here's for a great weekend too huh. So is it on Monday that we are supposed to weigh in and document our loss/gain?

thanks again.

Becca, strange, but I also feel as if it's easier now (after pg) than before to lose weight. Wonder if having a little angel to tend to and not having time to sit down have anything to do with that? Hmmmm, something to ponder over the weekend

*patting myself on shoulder* I was in the gym the whole week!!! Except for Thuesday when cleaning house was my gym - and boy did I sweat!! I loved it, I could not go to the toilet for almost two days, because it was to low and my legs did not want to bend like that DH was wetting himself, because I had to steady myself against the wall and push on the rim to stand up!!! Don't even ask how I gave dd a bath - pathetic!! I over did myself a bit but I loved every second and by now I am just fine. Looking forward to next week.

Good luck for the weekend ladies!!! Just repeat this over and over
    I am in control of what I put in my mouth, I am in control of what I put in my mouth!!

Hopefully I will b @ my goal by my birthday! only 12 kg to go!

Nadine216, I remember that feeling except I was sitting on the toilet and couldn't get up! Keep going it gets easier. The gym can be quite addictive once you get past that pain barrier. Unfortunately it's a much easier addiction to kick that chocolate lol

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast