Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Twomums - I went to fitness first and really enjoyed their classes, I also had a personal trainer but once I got pg with my DS then I stopped going as I had a bit of a rough time when I first got pregnant - their memberships can be difficult to get out of if you stop going but if you go in off peak times i.e. after 10am then it can be quite reasonably priced - I think $20 or so a fortnight, I would have liked to keep going to the gym but our local FF doesn't have any child care facilities so just walking and some weights at home for me for now

I just stood on the scales - I know I'm bad! and was weighing 81.4kg - which is up 400g from Monday and I have been eating so well so far this week - its so weird how our weight can fluctuate

chin up Celsie - we all have slip up moments - but I don't just use the theory I'll be good tomorrow - I think I'll be good for the rest of today and try and go for a walk or something (not always easy with a 4month old tho) - in saying that I just devoured an ice chocolate from Gloria Jeans

thinking of you all
    hugs
    Mel

just a quick one.

Hang in there ladies

I much prefer Fernwood to FF - I found FF to be too confronting and the helper guys would only help the really fit people who knew how to use the machines Plus if you can find a Fernwood opening, you get great Foundation Membership deals - I'm paying $27 a fortnight and its worth it. On the other hand, at FF you get discounts off your membership fees if you refer other people who join ... see if you can get a trial pass and whether you actually like the club?

Well yesterday went for a bit of a walk (about 5 km) but didn't walk on Wednesday, Pip was in a horrid state and I couldn't settle him easily. Also the pink tim-tams are now finished, so that tempation is out of the way

Think thin ladies!

O geeze ppl!! I had a tummy-bug over the weekend and I have been feeling better since Wednesday afternoon and have since then been eating like I was on Survivour!!! No kidding - ice cream everynight!! (Ok, it was just wednesday and thursday, but it sure FEELS like every night!)
    Anywoo - I am doing ok, other than the ice cream. Weekend is coming up and I am in control of my relfex to put everything in my mouth - unlike my 8 month old. So I am thinking I will just stay put on my weight for Monday.
    Good luck over the weekend ladies and remember ...
    Seconds on the lips - eternity on the hips

OK, I was very naughty. lets just say I was supporting breast cancer research with my strawberry timtams. I ate all but 1. Sarah had that 1. Dr reckons i need to take a multi vitamin and that it can b very hard 2 lose weight in the 1st little while post bub, esp with 2. reckons i will need 2 go to gym. I can't afford gym fees or DH would already b going.

Am reading a book called 'the lazy girls guide to losing weight' by Ajay Rochester, the host on aussie biggest loser. will get into it tonite. must log off computer!!!!

OK, that does it. Went to try on wedding dresses today, and although I'm usually a size 14, the wedding dresses wouldn't fit - unless they were an 18. And then the lady suggested a size 22!!!!

For goodness sake, I'm only 74 kg - since when is that a size 22? Or an 18?

So from now on, its lots of fruit and veg and no more pink tim tams.

Hi girls,

I go to Fernwood and I am really enjoying it! I like that it is women only and my gym offers free childcare. I am paying about $18 a week which is a bit more expensive but too me it is worth it. I am starting too lose weight and I like the time out for myself. It is keeping me SANE!

Kazbah: Try not to worry too much about the wedding dress sizes. I had the same problem when I was getting married. It is like they are made in very small sizes!! Good luck with your wedding!

We had my baby girls christening at my church this morning. It went really well and she was a very happy baby. Our family came out for lunch with us afterwards at an itallian resturant. It was yum! My husband and I shared a antipasto pizza (it had lots of veges on it so I don't feel too bad). Also I feel good today because a few of my friends said they can notice that I have lost weight. YAY! I am now 76.6 so I am down about 0.5 since last week. I haven't been to the gym for a few days but I will go tomorrow!!

Have a fantastic week girls!

Hey everyone!! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Mine has been good, but spent most of it inside! Was planning to continue with my walks but its been raining and cold all weekend.

Kaz - I agree, try not to worry about the wedding dress sizes too much. When I went out several weeks ago I was trying on size 16's and some of them didnt even fit!! I hope you find something soon... I was planning to get a slim line dress but with my figure at the moment, it didnt look good so I got a totally different dress. Its nearly finished too, cant wait to try it on again!!

Ali - how is that book going?? Got any tips for us??

I am looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow. On Thursday I weighed myself and I was 80.1kg so that meant I lost 1.3kg since the weigh in on Monday... Sooooo I am hoping that I am going to be 79.something on the weigh in... pllllllllleeeasee I want to be below 80!!!

Hi all,

Weighing in at 67.5kg's today loss of 200gms. Probably could have done better but I ate chocolate last night.

Wedding dresses are in stupid sizes. Esp as lots of them are shipped here from US and UK. So don't let those sizes get you down.

First Bub, $18 isn't too bad if you don't have to pay extra for child care.

WOOHOO!!

*Dances around the room*

Monday morning weight it 79.7kg!!! So that is a total loss of 1.6kg - woweeeeeeeee!!

I had a loss of 400g so am now 80.6 - really thought I had done better than that but obviously the *small* piece of cheesecake I had yesterday wasn't as small as I thought heeheehee

well done Ngala - you go girl!!!!

off to go and buy some healthy food from the supermarket

Mel

Congrats to those of you who have lost weight this week, keep going at it!!!
    I'm down to 86kg agian, so it is a loss if only a small one. I went to the gym today for the first time in WEEEEKs!! Yay!! And I feel so good for it. Although very tired now, but that will go away soon. I have been ok with eating, but still now the best, I could do better with things like portion sizes and the amounts of snacks I eat, but at least the food I'm overeating is healthy Oh well on step at a time....

Ali - how is that book going?? Got any tips for us??
    Yes! AJ is very DTE and basically pulls no real secrets out apart from the fact that quick fix diets don't keep the weight off for good. It's all about speeding up your metabolism, which means healthy food most of the time 6 times a day and plenty of exercise. really quite basic common sense stuff but sometimes you need to be reminded in a really obvious kind of way.

Weigh in time tomorrow 4 me! ! Was good today and had sushi for lunch and cereal for brekky with carrot n banana 4 snacks. Also had exercise class!cheated with a mars bar tho but they r'nt too bad in terms of fat n cals.

Inspection this friday, got lots of work to do! cya!

I lost another 400g!!!
    WW weight: 70.8kg
    Total Loss: 6.4kg WOW *feeling smug and sexy*
    So now I have about 5kg left in two months. Not bad at all. I am very proud of myself and feel extreamly good. Even DH is beginning to tell me I am looking better. Wait till I am toned like before pg - THEN I will look like the goddess that I am
    PLEASE NOTE!!!! - I WAS IN THE GYM TODAY!! I did two classes - one for muscle tone and one cardio. It was great! I don't feel sore yet, don't feel like I am going to be - hopefully. Next gym classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Tomorrow I am cleaning house - that will be my gym for the day.
    Congratulations on all the weight losers!!!

Sounds like a good week ladies.

Good work everyone!

I'm down to around 98kg (another 500g lost) now which is good, but not so good when I realised that I got down to 100kg on July 20! Ridiculous how long it takes me to lose weight! But I'm really trying to focus on the health and fitness rather than the numbers. Gym this week has been super - 2 x pump, 2 x step, 1 x pilates, 1 x cardio!

I started freaking myself out by reading the potential complications of being obese when pregnant - trying to motivate myself but ended up just getting scared and anxious, so I stopped! As you know we want to TTC in June next year, which doesn't seem like long to lose the weight, esp at the rate i'm going!

My snack of the week - cucumber sticks (got 1kg of cukes for $1!) with hot salsa (so I can't eat too much becuase it's hot!). Yum-o!

Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm finally past my starting weight!!! weight this morning - 70.6

That is a loss of 1.3kg in a week!!! I'm finally off the plateau!!!

Congrats Alli!!! Now downhill from here.
    Just realised you and my little sister is the same age - Gee I am getting OLD!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast