Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New Years Body Transformation Challenge

Jodie259 Guest

okay... back now.

This is the quiz from Weight Watchers to calculate your points.
    Remember that if you do exercise you can have up to 3 bonus points a day.
    You can also save points from one day and use them on another day... but you can't use them in another week.
    You should eat ALL your points. If you don't eat all your points - there is a chance that your body holds onto it's fat stores and you don't lose weight. Working at WW, it was amazing how many people would cut back on their points, thinking that they would lose weight faster - and it would have the opposite effect. And when we worked out they weren't eating enough, and the started eating properly... their weight loss started happening again.

1. Are you:
    Female (not breastfeeding) - score 7
    Female (breastfeeding) - score 14
    Male - score 14

2. How old are you?
    18-20 - score 5
    21 - 35 - score 4
    36 - 50 - score 3
    51 - 65 - score 2

3. What is the first digit/s of your weight?
    if your weight is 2 digits (eg: 84kg) - your score 8
    if your weight is 3 digits (eg: 104) - your score is 10

4. How tall are you?
    under 160cm - score 1
    over 160cm - score 2

5. How active are you during the day?
    sitting down most of the time - score 0
    occassionally sit, mainly stand - score 2
    occassionally stand, mainly walk - score 4
    phyically hard work most of the time - score 6

okay.. you add up your score... but

if your total is less then 18 points - adjust it to be 18 (that is minimum points)

If your total is more than 33 for women or 40 for men or breastfeeding mums - adjust your score to 33 or 40 respectively.

Retake the quiz as your weight changes, or your circumstances change...

Is everyone here doing WW? Is anyone just eating healthy like me? I'm not even allowing myself sugary foods etc but if i feel like something sweet i have been eating low fat yoghurt or watermelon or mangoes and that curves my cravings.... but i'm not even really craving any bad foods which is great!

I just went on a 20km bike ride with DH along the bike path i'm sooo proud of us and feel really good! My legs hurt but that's because my muscles haven't been used like that in ages hehe exercise feels sooooo good so why don't i do it more often?? just waking up and getting started is hard but once you do get on the bike, you feel UNREAL....

Schaz - wowie!! well done! you'll sleep well tonight!
    Rayray- have fun at spin class!! Let me know what its like, i've always wanted to try it

QUESTION - does anyone know that if I fall pregnant soon, and keep eating very very healthy, low fat foods, no sugar or bad fats, will i still lose some weight whilst pregnant? Or will my body maintain my weight for the baby?
    Ren, you know, I think it must really vary between women. In all 3 of my pregnancies I got pg, ate very healthily, put on tiny amounts of weight, gave birth adn then weighed less than I did at the start, and then lost more via bf'ing.

(Hence I am now on an actual "diet".....I havn't been pg or pregnant in nearly a year and nor will I be again, so sadly I cannot rely on my pregnancies and my voracious feeders to help me lose the kgs!0

BUT, many other women will actually lose weight early on, then put a stack on. It really seems to vary.

Either way, eat for your babies health. It will mean you cope with the pregnancy heaps better if nothing else!

Jodie Do you know if there is a free online WW points calculator anywhere? (ie points per food item?) Thanks for all that other info BTW. I still have all my books from WW from 2000 (when I think they first introduced the points system?) and my plan is to carry on with Kate Morgan for a month or two (finding it easy.) But when I get bored/hit a plateau/need to step up the excersise/want more carbs, I will switch to WW.
    Last edited by Lucy; January 6th, 2008 at 03:32 PM.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and am wondering if I can join your body transformation challenge? I would like to start TTC in a few months time (for the first time) but want to lose some weight and get healthier first. I have e-mailed Lea my details but am worried I might be too late? I want to lose around 10kgs.

Never too late to start babe! The very best of luck......

As Flylady says:
    "You're not behind, I don't want you to catch up, just jump in where we are now."

I am doing sureslim, which is pretty much low carb. Have tried the points, but does not work well with the PCOS. In fact, not much does.

Jodie259 Guest

Lucy...

I've got an excel spreadsheet that calculates points for food... you need to know the Kj's & sat fat figures and it will caluclate the points.

If you email me - I can send it to you. (email should be in my profile - not the hotmail account.)...

Thanks Jodie.......I was just about to email you and I found this:

WW Points Calculator

Thanks Lucy.

I am very impressed with the exercise routines posted earlier! I am usually better at controlling what goes into my mouth than getting off my butt and exercising. Hats off to you all ladies, everyone seems to be making a great start so I will just jump in where you are now.....

Thanks for that Lucy, I have a lot of weight watchers at home books which my aunt gave me but they are few years old now and doesn't have a lot of new foods points. Is a kilojoule 4 times a calorie?? Will it work with grams of fat and fibre if its in calories??
    My big problem is carbs- I love them, i could cut out anything but carbs i think!! I have tried to cut down today and have been really good, even ate grapes!

Wow ladies, almost 3 pages since 2am!

Today wasn't brilliant for me - although we did start the day off with a little walk through the bush (trying out a baby backpack thingy) then visited friends with dip, cheese, chocolate royals and chips. The fruit was only for their girls!

Ren - I'm not doing WW, I'm just healthy eating (or trying to) too....

Schaz - wow, great workout!

Shazz - you get your back better!

MrsMac - I don't have a problem with carbs etc, I just have emotional eating where I'll eat my way through the house.

Kaz - welcome!

Kelly - Welcome!

Keep strong girls! Tomorrow is my weigh-in for the support thread, will be interested to see if the exercise I've been doing is helping with anything ...

Jodie259 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Thanks Jodie.......I was just about to email you and I found this:

WW Points Calculator

That one will be okay... but it's the American version - and they use different points then Australia.

You also need the fibre content to calculate points - which I think australian labels have.. but not 100% sure.

America also uses total fat (which Australia used to)... but now points in Aus are calculated using saturated fat instead.

You should email me... and I'll send you the calculator I have - then you can do some comparisons... see how much difference the calculators are...

jodie ~ can you email me that calculator you have pleaseee

wow you girls are flying along well done

Jodie259 Guest

email me shazz & I'll send it to you as an attachment... it's an excel spreadsheet... not a webpage... so I can't put the link here.

I'm not even sure where I got it from. Someone sent it to me when I worked at WW.

Jodie259 Guest

ignore that Shazz... I had your email d'oh! I've just sent it to you (hotmail & bigpond).

thanks jodie- so it looks like i've got 26 ww points a day-
    well, i haven't started too well ladies....
    i went to my dad's for dinner and ate two pieces of apple pie with heaps of ice cream...so pi88ed off with myself!!!

I've emailed you Jodie.....

Kyliekd Love your photos! You are looking great! (And the background int eh current shot......looks lovely!)

I've just updated my ticker so now the whole world can see what I weigh. Oh well. More motivation to get to the end I guess.

Was really good today. Even went shopping on my own and did not buy a chockie for the trip home. Far out that's good of me!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast