Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Body Transformation Challenge

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Ah but I wont be dieting while away So thats why I asked

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

It doesn't matter that you won't be dieting on hols.......you can do a few days before you leave and then really start when you get back - and perhaps then you won't pig out big time when away.....

You can always join in when you return and get all the group support and we will know you started late but I can see us going bast the initial transformation date anyway - it gonna take me more than the weeks we have organised.

Perhaps we need to see if we can have something for later starters - I am sure thre are going to be people coming back from hols over the next week or two wanting to join this thread for support and we have all started.....

Any ideas anyone - Lea? Seeing as you hold the measurements.....Can we have late startes who aren't in the initial running but want to be part of the support?

i'm so mad at my self i have got siaticia really really really bad and can't walk can't bend can't move basically so exercise is no exsistent here though i am trying to eat under 16 points a day which hasn't been to hard cause i feel so sick from the pain killers the doctor has given me so off for a ct scan on tuesday

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Okay sounds good. Shall start today
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

well I'm back and I'm exhausted, I did an incredibly long and strenuous workout since midnight. OK i'm bad and had maccas on the way home, but heck I was sweating so much I was going to the toilet for every 4 bottles of water I was drinking and I was pretty much on the go for over 7 hours!

Wow I'm not online for a day and the thread has added 2 pages!
    Shazz, dont eat under 16 points a day, make sure you have 18.
    If you eat too little you're body can go into starvation mode and will actually try to retain weight.

I'm a bit like Tracey, I'm 85 and in between 14-16 ATM.
    When I get to my goal weight of 75kg I will be a standard 14 and at my start weight of 97 I was stil a 16.

So it depresses me watching those TV ads with womedn saying "I lost 10 kilos and 2 dress sizes" when I know I have to lose double that go to down one.

But halfway there so yay!

I am going to be weighing in every week, same time/day, same clothes etc. I find it a really good motivational tool. Even more so when I have to email someone and tell them what it is!! I don't want it going in the wrong direction

I'm so proud of myself, i've been eating healthy foods & more fruit (not too much fruit though) since Weds! 4 days.... DH and I went for a long walk yesterday to the beach and back and today we plan to do so again (if the rain stays away). Today is the first blue skies we've seen in 3 weeks!! Yay!!

I'm cooking meals from my Weight Watchers cookbooks and "Symply Too Good to be True" cookbooks - have any of you ladies got those books? they are great. u buy them from newsagencies $13 each.

QUESTION - does anyone know that if I fall pregnant soon, and keep eating very very healthy, low fat foods, no sugar or bad fats, will i still lose some weight whilst pregnant? Or will my body maintain my weight for the baby? I am not sureiam happy to maintain my weight but just not gain any!!

KYLIE - that is awesome hun!!! I remember you saying in a post that you had lost allthis weight... so proud of you!!!! were you just eating healthy and exercising more???
    Last edited by Shanti; January 6th, 2008 at 10:55 AM.

Rayray I too weigh my self every week at the same time (Sunday morning first thing butt naked) to get an acurate reading...

I have broken once or twice and weighed my self early and been disappointed a good example of this is this week, I weighed yesterday and had not lost anything and then I weighed myself today in the morning and have lost 1 kg whooooo.

I do have the old type scale (not digital) and they are hard to read so I drag my DH out of bed to read them for me (it helps that he is totally honest - to the point of being brutal) and it was a clear kg for me...

So the moral is same time, same day and but naked - as some clothes do actually have a lot of weight in them you would be surprised...

You also weigh less in the morning (after peeing of course)
    Last edited by Frantelle; January 6th, 2008 at 11:03 AM.

Kylie --- so what are your secrets to successful weight loss hun? Love to hear! As for weighing yourself, yep i do that too, first thing in the morning, post-pee ,once a week (although quite often i still jump on the scales!) and butt-scarily-naked

REN - yep just sensible eating (basically the weight watchers - I lost a lot of weight on this before I met my Dh and he made me fat again)..

No processed foods, chocolate or soft drink and am not a moderaton person and it has taken me 29 years to figure this out I do not just eat one chocolate I eat the whole lot

I am not killing my self with exercise either - I walk every day for 30 to 45 min..it is not easy but I must say this is the most motivation that I have ever had and am really surprised at myself but my dh is really supportive and encouraging and so is my boss and a great friend that I work with - you really need the encouragement and it is only now that I can see the difference in my body

I also eat a @[email protected]#$ load of veggies and fruit and drink water like it is going out of fashion...

It also gives me something to focus on while trying to get pregnant and I read that weight loss inceases your fertility by 10% for every 10% of body wieght lost so that helps with the motivation

Kylie - me too, in terms of chocolate, i am one of those ALL-OR-NOTHING people!!! I can't stop at one bite or one piece, hence for me to lose weight i just simply have to eat no chocolate. Its too tempting otherwise. i cant stop at just one. i have no self control.
    yes losing weight will boost our fertility levels! even just losing 5kgs will make the difference between falling pregnant one month or the next! in just 4 days i can feel my stomach less bloated. i dont feel so FULL. first day on this healthy eating plan, iwas sooo hungry and miserable and craved sugar and chocolates and big macsit was my body having carb withdrawals im sure. i resisted! snacking on low fat yoghurt, fruit, nuts, multrigrain crackers with ricotta cheese
    I'm just aiming for 30mins exercise per day. walk to beach and then back again.

thats me too with the chocolate. actually with any of that sort of food. I cant just have a piece, or a slice of cake, or 1 lollie etc. It's all or nothing.

Not much exercise happening so far this weekend. DH has gone to play golf today so home with DS.
    I think we might go swimming this afternoon though, might see if I can sneak in some laps while DS is playing with DH.

Tomorrow is the real start for me, exercise wise. I have a spinning class at lunch time so hopefully that will go well!

Wow Kylie, that's amazing!!!

Geepers Schaz, that's a long haul. Hope you get a snooze this arvie.

Renee, a good eating plan will help you maintain energy when you do fall anyway, and it's the best start for your baby. Good job on your 4 days worth too.

Wow Tracey I'd like to be able to run a marathon at 60 too. Heck I'd just like to be able to run again...

Ray I love spin calss, hmmm might have to see if I can find one with a creche out here.

thanks for the tip ray ray 18 it is
    although i've only managed a tub of WW fruit and 1 slice of white bread today oh and about 3 litres of water so far i feel so ill it all i can do to stop myself being sick it is like i have MS it is bizare i have a sore back and butt i shouldn't be ill too ( i 'll stop whinning now )

i'm all or nothing too- about everything- food, alcohol....

anyway, just wanted to ask you guys - how many ww points am i allowed as i'm breastfeeding and don't want to affect supply?

Jodie259 Guest

Gracie...

I'm about to have lunch. give me an hour and I will put up the "quiz" for everyone to caluclate the WW points.

There is no set points... it depends on your age/height/weight/activity...

will put it up soon....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    Geepers Schaz, that's a long haul. Hope you get a snooze this arvie.
    I've had about 30 mins, my gorgeous step-son is here now and I now have 2 bouncing children in the house (DH & DSS) - DH got nearly an hours sleep this morning when we got home (before he went to the airport).

I'm starting to ache, I was lugging/pushing 10 - 50kg boxes with lights & cables (some of the boxes was quarter of a tonne) - all I can say is thank the gods for wheels! Only had to carry a few boxes that weighed about 40kg (carried with help in most cases), the lights that we were taking down out of the trusses were about 15-20kg each & the trusses about 10kg. I did a LOT of walking in mud, so my butt is hurting now.

I'm thinking that if I get a 3-5 hour "roadie" job once a month, I'll be extremely fit!

The boys are stuck inside playing playstation (it is raining) so I may go and have a lay down on the bed with the sunday paper.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast