Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Body Transformation Challenge

Jodie259 Guest

wow... that Zelma woman looks amazing! I imagine she is in the US (because she called it Jello)... but she talks in kg's ... so maybe not? Hope you hear from her Tracey! I also wondered about her excess skin.

If anyone is looking to read an inspiration book to help you along... get hold of The Clothesline Diet by Karen Gatt. She is a Melbourne woman who was 130kg, and could barely walk. So her exercise was walking around her clothesline in her backyard. And without any particular diet or weigt loss programme, she lost half her body weight. She had two small kids at the time too. She is amazing.

Another good book is the two by AJ Rochester (from the Biggest Loser). She wrote two weight loss books before she was on Biggest Loser. She's a comedien by trade, so her books are funny - but also very "real".

Some great cook books are the "symply too good" range by Annette Sym. These are available at newsagents or online. Again, Annette lost an incredible amount of weight by adjusting normal recipes to low fat.

I have chatted online to all three of these women - and all of them donated their books for the weight loss challenges I organised in the past. All three of them are Australian, and lost large amounts of weight, whilst having small children to run around after. So there is no excuses for us!

My excuse is ME. I just realised that I have finished off an entire box of cheezels. Although I have lots of yummy fruit in the fridge. Pineapple, apricots, peaches... damn! It's just my natural reaction to go to the pantry and grab "sweet stuff".
    One of my problems is my DH. He is underweight. He could eat like a pig, and still be underweight. He insists on lollies, chips & chocolate in the house all the time. He can eat it. I'm just going to have to avoid it. Maybe I will put all the sweet stuff into another cupboard so that I don't have to see it on a daily basis.

I also have my MIL here, who is cooking every single day. But she leaves on Monday - so I'll start preparing all my own meals very soon.

Gracie: you can weigh yourself once a week - and you can lodge that weight with lea (by pm or email) if you want to. You can also post it here if you want too. You probably only need to do measurements once a month, as you won't notice a huge difference in cm's on a weekly basis.

ADVICE: when trying to lose weight - its really easy to become obsessed with the scales and weigh every day. Please try to avoid the scales. Weigh ONCE a week. No more. If you have to, put your scales up somewhere really high... or give them to a friend/family/neighbour if you can't help yourself. Becoming a slave to your scales is not healthy. Women's weight can fluctuate a couple of kilos in ONE day! Weighing yourself regularly puts yourself on an emotional roller coaster.

Lucy... good on you for starting a weight loss blog! It's great to record your journey. I started a weightloss blog years ago... then got pregnant, and it became a prengancy blog, then back to a weight loss blog, then back to a pregnancy blog...!

Another inspiration tool (that Lucy has used) is VIRTUAL MODEL. You can put in your details (current weight and "looks") and it will present you with an image of what you look like. then you can change the weight to the weight you would like to be... and oila - instant motivation!
    check out the website : My Virtual Model

Okay... I'm off to bed.
    Night all...

thanks jodie
    i did the virtual model, but my model doesn't look half bad. in fact, she looks pretty hot! she's super toned. doesn't have my big baby belly lol! i've put her in my gallery....

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie259 View Post
    One of my problems is my DH. He is underweight. He could eat like a pig, and still be underweight. He insists on lollies, chips & chocolate in the house all the time. He can eat it. I'm just going to have to avoid it. Maybe I will put all the sweet stuff into another cupboard so that I don't have to see it on a daily basis.
    I too have this problem, Jodie. We received a lot of chocolates at Christmas, and while I have eaten most of a box of Lindt balls I am proud to say that i have been pretty restrained with everything else. I am going to suggest he takes the remaining chocolates into work with him so that way he can get his sugar hit at work and they won't be here to tempt me.

ok I've played with virtual model (stupid thing won't let me register!), so I've grabbed screen shots & uploaded them to my gallery

First image is weight now, 2nd image is what I need to be to start IVF, 3rd image is a "would be nice" (but last time I was that weight I was 15)

i did the virtual model, but my model doesn't look half bad. in fact, she looks pretty hot! she's super toned. doesn't have my big baby belly lol!
    LOL, I thought the same of mine.......my 'before' chick looks OK to me, LOL! No lumps and bumps and saggy spare tyres!

Mine are here, halfway down on the right hand side.

I know what you all mean about the leftover goodies from Christmas........I emptied out the larder yesterday adn filled 2 enviro bags with CRAP (tins of shortbread, bags of nuts, chippies, choccies etc) I gave them to DH and told him to hide them and eat them out of my sight!

Well I've started in earnest today. I'm only up to 9 points today too.
    Your water tracker is cool Lucy!
    Still can't find anywhere to get weighed. May have to go up to Big W and buy myself a new set me thinks....

Your water tracker is cool Lucy!
    Ummmmmmmm, shame it doesn't appear to work on Blogger though! I have it on my iGoogle page and it works perf, but on the blog it resets itself everytime you refresh.....annoying me....

Well I'm going to be getting anywhere between 6 and 10 hours of heavy exercise tonight, I'm playing roadie for the bump-out of Summerfield Dayze down the gold coast, so I'm going to be pushing boxes, pulling down scaffolding, packing stuff, lugging stuff etc all in the mud!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo going to feel it on Sunday afternoon (we start at midnight tonight). I think I'll be dosing myself with arnica before I start working, just to preempt any bruising.

I don't even get to go to sleep when we get home, we will be going right to the airport to pick up DH's 10yo step-son who is flying in for a weeks holiday.

Hi all just wanted to check out my new ticker....

I need some motivation BADLY I have been doing what I normally do (i have even extended my walk by 2 km) and I weighed my self this morning and am still the same....not happy Jan..

Jodie - those books are great recommendations. I recommend them to clients. As you say, the problem is us - we know what to do and we choose to do differently. Although something went on in my head on Dec 15 when DH and I had a few words....or he had some and as usual I just said nothing.....but it did something to me head and by the start of Jan I reaised I was no longer pigging out on carbs and chocolate......so I weighed myself and had lost 2kilos...so that was the start for me......I am getting my body back!!

Kyliekd - plateaus happen - change the food you are eating and the type of exercise you are doing for a while and that might have an impact

Schaz - where are you studying - I was studying naturopathy at Southern Schools but quit after first year! Hope you aren't too sore on Sunday.

I also have a man with no weight issues - gains 2 kilos over xmas - loses them mid-Jan - he runs marathons - we just got back from Europe where he ran the Athens marathon on his 60th birthday.......most men would be ****ing it up at a party......

You need to have a safe house - stick all the crap food goodies in a separate cupboard if you have to have them in the house at all - get a lock on it - give him the key!!

I want to do a ticker - no idea how to get it in my signature....gonna have to learn these things! How do i do it?

The virtual model looks cute as well.

Zelma replied - she does have loose skin but says it isn't too bad - she disguises it and doesn't want it removed. She says it is still a whole lot better than being as big as she was!!

It's been a hot day today but I did gardening and lots of new year cleaning which is classed as exercise in this heat...tomorrow, more of the same and then I reckon I have done the best clean ever......absolutely everything has been cleaned!!! Walls, door, tiles, cupboards in and out.....and lots of stuff donated to charity.......and with sorting me out as well.....2008...look out!!

I am being really good today but I am hungry and cranky!! I am good with meals but I hate healthy snacks, I crave sweets and junk I need to find recipes for healthy yet yummy snack foods. I have also been running up the stairs instead of walking and drinking tonnes of water.
    Kim- go into the shops and weigh yourself on the scales then leave LOL You just have to go every week!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Habron View Post
    Schaz - where are you studying - I was studying naturopathy at Southern Schools but quit after first year! Hope you aren't too sore on Sunday.
    I'm studying at Australian College of Natural Medicine in Brisbane, I was doing Science (with a double major in biomedical science and chemistry) at Central Qld Uni until I found out that the Bachelor courses at ACNM were finally recognised as "real" bachelor degrees, then I swapped. I've done 6 subjects so far. Want to go back to it again this year.

I know I'm going to be sore, DH walked in the door about 3 hours ago and he was in pain (but then again he'd worked 20 hours straight), I got him in the shower, gave him a rub down with tiger balm and then gave him a dose of arnica. I'm about to go and grab a few hours sleep.

Have steak and vegetables organised for dinner - some gorgeous organic rib eye, potatoes, corn, beans, broccoli, mushrooms (all organic). With fruit for desert, plus some yummy healthy snacks for during the night.

So far I've eaten 7 different foods today - I'm trying to get in the habit of eating 20 different foods each day.

Heya Ladies,

It sounds like we are all off and moving with gusto...

I am a little worried about the lose skin but hey it is better than being this big

I just did a little self motivagtion...I tried on two pairs of pants that have not fit me for three (3) years ( and yes they are brand new, still with the tags on) and guess what last time I could not get them past my thighs and today not only do they fit but the look good a big WHOOOOO for me

Sorry about the me post but am so excited I have not been this small for three plus years - I could not help myslef I had to go jump my husband as a celebration - hey he is not complaining

congratulations kylie!! that must feel really good

Kylie: WELL DONE! That is amazing!

I want to do a ticker - no idea how to get it in my signature....gonna have to learn these things! How do i do it?
    .Tracey: see below gor Ticker instructions!

1. Find a ticker site such as Weight Loss - Diet Ticker
    2. Personalise by following all the prompts on the site.
    3. It will give you some code at the end: copy this
    4. Go to your Bellybelly User Profile pull down menu (top left) and pick Edit Signature
    5. Insert the code here......& the code will then be a ticker

Let me know how you go......give me a shout if you need any help...

Kyliekd.......never apologise for a post like that......you go girl! Soon those pants will be falling off which I am sure your DH won't mind that either!!

Lucy....thanls for the ticker help - was real easy....although all the choices make it difficult in a way.....but I got me a ticker....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I want to join in!! But I get back from holidays on the 22nd. Is that too late?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Jodie259 Guest

Kelly... can you just do a weigh-in & take your measurements on Sunday or Monday? (and email them to Nat)
    Then it starts... and your next 'weigh in' is on the 1st Feb.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast