... 89101112 ...

thread: Homebirth General Discussion #10

Jul 2008
    Sydney

Lovely to see you today Jennifer Hannah looked very snuggly in your wrap! Yep it was lovely to cluck over all the new babies!

Jun 2005
    USA

Oh Kelly, talk about a rock and a hard place! Hope the drive is worth it!! I hated driving too but I found a small cushion behind my lower back helped. Those bucket seats in cars are not good.

And you know what I think you should do about your iron Mmm... liver! Well, it's not so yum but it hides well in burgers & meatloaf and small raw pieces swallowed frozen go down without any trouble. I seriously zing a few hours after swallowing some raw liver!

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

Planned a Homebirth and been refused referrals or scripts by a Dr? Please reply to Homebirth Australia request.

If you are a woman planning a homebirth (or a midwife) and a doctor has recently declined to provide you or your client with referrals for ultrasounds or prescriptions due to advice from the Australian Medical Association or insurance companies - can you please contact [email protected] - thank you.
    Kelly? i think you had problems with this

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Mr GP was fine with scripts but I believe a lot are not. I was her first HBing patient but I suspect I won't be her last. She is a big believer in woman-focused midwifery.

Jun 2012
    Sydney

Planned a Homebirth and been refused referrals or scripts by a Dr? Please reply to Homebirth Australia request.

Thanks! This is helpful I don't have GP so I just go to the clinic for referrals... And some of those doctors are right ****s about it. I'll be keeping this email handy.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

i think i must be very lucky to have a GP that doesnt even bat an eyelid at our choice to HB

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Kelly? i think you had problems with this

I did but this was in 2008. I couldn't find anywhere up here so when I went for a visit back in NSW my old ob wrote out everything for my Hb MW

Qld is a bit backwards

Sep 2009
    Melbourne, VIC

Hi ladies - how is everyone?
    Cass - so exciting that you'll be home an preparing soon!
    Kelly - have you been to see that osteo yet? Mine was such a huge help during my pregnancy and with C afterwards!
    Cricket & Em - how goes the baby mooning?

AFM - thing are good, I'm super clucky for another baby and another HB but have to wait until DS is a bit older - I'd struggle so much with 2 under 2 and also want to give C my full attention for a while

I also thought I'd post here (hope it's ok?' the link to piece I wrote on my homebirth earlier in the week...HotI kindly posted it on FB! I'm completely blown away by how far it's travelled - it's had over 50 retweets on twitter and 20 shares on FB! I'm really proud of it just because I think it's a really positive piece Hope you like!

http://t.co/1ZZRwJrm

May 2004
    Shepparton

Hi all

Sorry I haven't post, just have no motivation.

Kell, I hope you have found some relief for your back. You are more than welcome to join in our HB group if you like. Just let me know and I will ad you to the email list.

The local midwife here can do referrals for u/s... Not sure about scripts though. I know she attended the birth of a woman who's uncle was the dr I used for the birth of DD#4 so I am sure he would be happy to write scripts.

I am not using a midwife. I was seeing one early in my pregnancy because I found my pregnancy very stressful and needed a professional to talk with and reassure me, but I got to a stage where I felt more comfortable going ahead on my own. I have a couple of very wise women as well as my family who will be here for the birth and I am very happy with how my plans for birth are coming along i suppose at 31 weeks my thoughts of the birth should be in order. Everyone keeps asking me if I have everything ready... Hmmm... I have boobs, nappies and a vagina... Yep, I'm ready

Jun 2005
    USA

I also thought I'd post here (hope it's ok?' the link to piece I wrote on my homebirth earlier in the week...HotI kindly posted it on FB! I'm completely blown away by how far it's travelled - it's had over 50 retweets on twitter and 20 shares on FB! I'm really proud of it just because I think it's a really positive piece Hope you like!

eutraphalia - birth plans
    This is awesome!!! Wowsers.

(P.S. Ms Freedman is a douche)

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

Eutra: i reckon that you are awesome to take on mia...she makes my skin crawl lol.

Jun 2012
    Sydney

This is really great. Thank you so much for writing it.

Sep 2009
    Melbourne, VIC

Mirimum, Cass & Meow - thanks! Glad you liked it.

Tanya - vagina, breasts, nappies - you're all set!!

Jul 2005
    Sydney

9 weeks to go and you have that much organized already...! Super-prepared. Especially since you've tried and tested all three.

May 2004
    Shepparton

Yeah, I keep thinking... Surely there is something I should be doing to prepare for the birth, but I really can't think of anything right now. Ahh well, plenty of time

Nov 2005
    Ontario, Canada

I found that the prep I did for my later babies (aside from the cleaning....) was more about getting them something special. I didn't need anything for them, but I wanted to have a couple of new little PJs or a special blanket just for them, or whatever. Couldn't ban myself entirely from getting adorable baby stuff!

Things are good here, by the way. Anna has slept through a night or two already, but usually just gets up once. That makes a HUGE difference! I'm feeling very much back to normal, and ready to start up my pilates DVD again soon. Can't wait to get rid of this pregnancy weight. I was fit for the first time in my life before becoming pregnant this time, and it was SUCH A GOOD FEELING!!! I can't wait to get there again. I tried to keep it up during my pregnancy, and exercised for a good while, but I was just too sore to keep going - my hips and back were really painful this time. And I was hungry all the time, and I tried to stick with healthy stuff, but even that will put weight on if you keep eating it....

How is everyone else?

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

I thought that my subscription to this thread must of dropped off seeing i havent seen any new posts.....but you have all just gone quiet.....

I had a pap smear yesterday (lovely - not) but it was with a really nice OB that was public when i had DSs homebirth, so i saw her for the booking in stuff, she was so nice then and supportive. She went private when i had DD3 and her practise wouldnt 'let" her support a homebirth....one of the many hurdles that lead us to making dumb decisions.....anyway i was late having my pap by about a year as i just could not face someone 'down there' after DD3s birth. But this OB remembered me and was lovely again and we talked about DD3s birth, she was so sorry id had a shocking time and was so disappointed after knowning id had three beautiful births before that. SO she said that if i go again she will find a way to support me. Even if that has to be in the private hospital with her as the private OB doing it MY way..... It helps but really not sure if i can face all that again. Seems so sad to not have a child my whole life because im am too scared to face another pregnancy and birth like DD3s.......

anyway just my ramblings...

Belly rubs to all of those due so soon!

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Oh thats was AMAZING. Thank you for writting this!

... 89101112 ...