Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #3

Cate- yeah i dont think i'll last much longer. It's my show from what people have told me, bags are packed & Chris has his phone on, charges it everyday as he uses it so much for work and as hes about 20mins drive away at work SIL is only 5mins away.

I'm just resting on the lounge watching Kingswood Country at the moment

Hooray for Jo!!!!!

Sally- The guy who did my tat charged me $250 for my leg piece, we gave him $300 though coz it was perfrct. I'll post a pic in my gallery today.
    With Nigel wanting to move in is it that he wants to live with you or get out of his parents?

I had my first OB appointment today, (finally), all went well. Apparently everythings perfect and he's only sending me for a US because we had a MC last time. I've put on 3kgs (YAY!!!!! I've been the same weight since year 7(1997) and have never been able to put on weight)
    And i got to hear the heartbeat, that was really exciting.

Hope everyone is doing well

mummycate Guest

If you feel up to it, walk around, or sit and move your hips when you have pains, to help it keep going. That's what I did. but unfortunately for me, my first stage was taking a really long time until MW broke my waters. THEN I was in labour! Took only 5.5 hours after that. So keep active, yet rest as much as you can. Eat small meals and actually the best thing in labour is smoothies and juice. Keeps sugar levels up and fluids up but drinking them slowly helps keep any nausea at bay. Do have warm baths or showers to reduce pain, swim if you can, but so lots of gentle exercise. And while in labour, do whatever you feel is right. Have a bath, shower, walk down the halway, have a sleep (or rest) and when you feel the tiem to push, get into any position you are comfortable in, all fours, lying on side, squatting, being in the bath, using a birth stool, leaning on the bed; any position that feels right. I gave birth on my knees leaning on a bean bag. Helped hold the weight of my belly and I was using gravity to help push her out. I never tore, but then again she was 2.63 kg so that's probably why. Just remember, use your instincts. Yell at Chris or anyone if you want, scream if you have to, take pain relief if you feel the need, but beforehand if you feel you don't want any make sure that those around you know, and that at that point you ask, they should remind you of the choice you wanted. Have you seen "Knocked Up"? When she was pushing and screaming for the epidural, the OB said, "Alison its too late now, we've past that point. You have to do it naturally, the way you wanted, remember? Ok now you're almost done".... Sorry tearing up remembering that. And laughing at the bit where Jay walked in and she's pushing "GET OOOOUUUUTTTT!!!!!"

Sally- photo is up now

Cate- thanks for the advice , ive got 2 lots of stairs in the house 8 steps on each set so instead of using the downstairs toliet i've been walking up the 2nd set of stairs to use the toliet in our ensuite. Can you explain how to move my hips when i have pains please??. I had a warm/hot shower yesterday when i was feeling blah and it helped me to feel better. No chance of going for a swim . I'm going to try and go natural but if i need the pain relief they WILL be giving it to me god help them if they dont. Yeah i watched "knocked up" just after i found out i was pregnant and PMSL and then realised that it could be me

Sally- before you make a decision on whether to move in with Nigel again, make sure hes moving in with you for the right reasons and isnt expecting you to look after you the way his mum does, and that hes going to help with Brendan and realises that Brendan needs alot of your attention.
    Thats my 2 cents

Sally that is just too too...oooh look at those teeth huh? wow look at him crawl lol thats just too cute

i remember Ashley learning to crawl was soo funny lol.

Wow jo so bubbs might be here soon how exciting.

mummycate Guest

Jo, sit upright and put your hands on your hips. Keeping your upper body still move your hips in a circle. Tilting your pelvis forward, back and left and right. If you have a pilates ball or similar, use that. I spent 3 days moving around on a ball and I guess it helped. I wouldn't say it didn't anyhow! Or perhaps stand, and keep upper body still and move your hips in circles, maybe like a belly dancer or hula dancer (like in hawaii). And deep breathe. In slowly through the nose and out through your mouth. I pursed my lips so it was a long strong breath out so help with pain. The concentration on breathing made me not think about the pain, and the contractions pass easier. Of course in labour I forgot, but I had the gas so that helped, lol! I helps when your support people breathe with you rather than telling you to breathe. Put music on or the telly to help keep your mind off it. Just keep motivated and never let yourself worry. That's not a good mindset. If you like I can pm you my number and you can sms me and I could call you if need be (I have a cap so its not expensive). Good luck!

Thanks for the explaination most appreciated. I'll give it a try next time i get pains. TV is always on in this house. At the moment i've got no credit it ran out yesterday, i should be ok with your explaination but if things get going i've got Sally's number to sms (off DP's phone) so she can let you guys know whats happening

Wow you guys talk!!

RE: Nigel, I think its a bit of both, he definately misses us cos he's always asking when are we coming over ect... which is annoying but at least shows he does miss us!

Thanks for the advice everyone

Jo, I'm very excited for you I found (if you can of course) taking a shower while sitting down was good, at the hospy they had plastic chairs in the shower....that made my labour progress a little faster (wish i'd had the shower earlier than what I did, lol)

Sal, your tat is gorgeous! I love it

I think I have a pic of mine in my gallery... hmmm will check cos if I dont i'll put one in!!

Take Care all

Jo, how exciting!!! Little bub will be here before you know it!

I dont' really have a lot to say today. I'm officially booked into Ozzy Park Hossy!! They are going to send me a letter or something.. I have no idea how it works! lol...

My stomach continues to pop out but people are still telling me I don't really look preggers yet, I thinK I do though!

Take care ladies, speak again soon!

OMG the guy that did my ultrasound got the dates/measurements wrong!!

IM 9 WEEKS 5 DAYS!!!!

Check out NEW TICKER!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Emma, im going to King Edward...was looking at going to Ossy park but decided King Eddies would be better for any scenario.The hossy will send you a letter with your first appt time and date...and you go from there. I remember being SO confused as to first appts coz my doc hardly told me ANYTHING.

I know what you mean about the docs not telling you anything, my doc told me bugger all. When he sent me for the 12 week scan, he didn't tell me what it was for, and that it was optional... I had thought he was sending me for a dating scan!!

When I have received my letter from the hospital, I think that I'm going to just go straight to the hospital for appointments and not do shared care... especially seeing the doc doesn't bulk bill either... he's a great GP, but I don't think pregnancy is his forte...

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Yeah im not doing shared care, im doing the full team midwifery care...its so good i like it, and i really dont mind driving the half hour to the hossy, i usually go for the appts in the middle of the day. Where do you live Emma??

Sally- Although we have a double shower in the ensuite i dont have a chair that i can put in there, would be easier to wash the lower half of me is a bit of a struggle at the moment.

Emma- yeah i reckon i'll have bubs before my EDD which is next wednesday.

Banx- oh wow congratulations!!

I'm still here, went over to SIL's for a while, she said i've definately had a show and to ring her anytime day or night if i need her SIL also said i've been having signs for a week now all the pains etc i've been having. Going to try and catch some zzzzzz's because i'll probably be up going to the loo frequently during the night.

Sally- I love your tat! I want another one but I'm gonna have to wait until I forget about how much the last one hurt towards the end!!

Meg- I wanted full midwife care but at the hospital Im going to they dont offer it. They gave me a list of GPs and OBs to chose from. I chose to go to an OB however the only one that does mostly midwife care was fully booked out until after August (according to the receptionist) and the one I ended up with, everyone was telling me he was wierd, and that he has a bad bedside manner. But When I had my appointment yesterday I didnt have any problems with him. He's better than any doctor Ive ever been to.

Jo- I wish I could offer some advice but, Ive never been there (not yet anyway). The only thing I could suggest is heat bags for the pain but, I love heat bags!

Bianca - Congradulations on the change of date! my OB yesterday changed my EDD to 2 days later, DF is happy though. It lands on his birthday now.

Hope everyones doing well, sorry if I missed anyone

Morning All

Banx, Congratulations!! You've gained an extra week and a few days??!!!!! WooHoo!

Emma, I had my bubs at king Eddies and they were fantastic, my boys 3rd cousin also had her bubs(2) at Ossy Park, her eldest is now 3 and youngest is now about 4 months. She loved it there and said she'd keep going back there for future pg's.

Meg, another bonus with king eddies is that they supply everything.... bubs nappies, wipes, sanitry pads, ect. because it's the only hossy thats takes women prior to 34 weeks and also no country hossy wants you before 36 weeks, so many women get flown by royal flying doctors and only have the clothes they are wearing! So they need to supply them for those unfortunate ones. It'll save you a lil bit of money anyway

Jo, How are you feeling today????? Still hanging in there??

Sal, thanks I'm going to see if I can get into the parlour this week, if not then I'll just wait anyway. hehe.

Well, apart from that, I'm pretty good bit tired, I stayed at Nigel's last night and well his mum is a bit of a b!tch.... she was up until at least 1 am with lights on tv blarring away then yelling at her daughter for being outside (daughter is 16 almost 17) Aaaargh... some people are so rude. She was a cow all night, giving me evil looks and the "daggers" dunno what I've done to her... meh? She is nice as pie to everyone else but me... she talks about things in front of me like Brendan related things and talks right past me as if i'm not there. She's telling another guest (backpacker from germany) about Brendan's birthday and the presents shes got him and how her aunty/uncle are making these things for him, ect. She makes me so mad... I'm not invisible!! think i might take this vent elsewhere....

hehe.. Take Care

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast