Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception#3 - April 07

ickimum Guest

Speaking of Progestone levels, do most Dr really monitor the Progestone levels after they do a egg transfer??
    I know this was my issue last time, my Progestone level was way to low and so a pregancy couldn't take hold...........This was 8 years ago and I know that heaps happens different now. BUT will the Dr give me Progestone support or will I have to really point that out??
    Hugs

Hi Ickimum - I have not had any problems with progesterone (never been pg) but my drugs for the IVF treatment include Progestone pessaries as standard. I did ask the nurse about it at the time, and she said that because they put so many drugs in before the ET, that it makes sense to put some more in afterwards, just to make sure. She said it can only help. So maybe it will come as standard for you too, but it can't hurt to ask for it too.
    BW - i can't help you feel less anxious - i just hope it all works perfectly for you in the end.

I get to start jabbing myself (yay!) on Saturday. 112.5 of Gonal F. I am relieved to finally be at this point.
    Can anyone tell me if they were on Gonal F and does 112.5 seem like a low dose?
    Last edited by Lenny; April 19th, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

Hi Ickimum
    My progesterone levels are an issue when I get pregnant...they didn't check levels at EPU but will check them Saturday which is a week after EPU...then if I need more support they can give me more pessaries etc...I always ask them about the prog levels in case they forget what happened last time...can't presume anything! Good Luck!

Hi Ladies not much from me today............just checking in to see how you all are.

I was up at 3am vomiting, i cant work out weather its something ive caught from work or my higher dose of metformin??? DH said i looked very green this morning .yay not

Still i feel so crap so i think its from work!, cant eat and find it hard to drink. oh but the joy was i was on an early shift so i did have to go to work to open and wait for agency to relieve me, its ok i did take a bucket!!came in use three times on way there and only once on the way home

Had a dentist app today which i had to cancil which i hate as i like having a clean and check up b4 a tf, as im hoping not to go again fot the first 12 weeks of pg.

feeling very blllllllllllllllluuuuuurrrrrrr, back killing now from all that laying down

Also hate having sick days from work as i try to save them all fot IVF

Hi Lou
    Hope you feel better...have a nice relaxing day...once you stop throwing up?!

Lou - hope you're feeling beter hun! it's no good feeling that crook!

Jo - yay on starting the jabs on the weekend. i'm not sure about the dosage there - i know they tend to start on low doses of meds and see how you respond. as i'm sure BW will atest, you don't want to get OHSS!

BW hun - i wish there was a way that i could help you out hun - the anxiety thing is a PITA - i wish there was a miracle cure! just remember, you are a much stronger person than you give yourself credit for and you CAN do this. no one can decide fo you about the OPK's - just work out whether knowing or not knowing about O is going to set you mind at ease more. bug hugs for you

Shannon - good luck with the clomid kick starting things for you - hopefully you're one of the lucky ones that responds properly to it

as for me - nothing much happening on the TTC front - still waiting to see FS - only one more week to go (OMG - can't believe it's 8 days since last cycle was cancelled - it's flying!) - am feeling really positive about life in general today - have a sore ankle still and was hanging out to get home but that was just so i could put my foot up. other than that, i'm really in a good mood for the first time in ages. i think i turned a page yesterday in getting the good result from the doctor - i guess i was expecting something to go wrong as has inevitably been happening for me lately, and when i didn't, it just put me int he best frame of mind - i got abused a couple of times today at work, and yet i still walked out of work smiling! woo hoo - here's hoping this is the start of a run of bigger and better things for me! (and all of you - i'll happily share the positive vibes around!)

Sush- Ooh, have fun on your trip! Then hopefully when you get back you can collect your little snowbub!
    Lou- Hi there, I was using crinone gel. What are you on? – hopefully you escape any yucky thrush side effects!
    Ellie- Usually the BT is 2 weeks from transfer, they only check progesterone level if they feel that you may have issues with it (that’s at MIVF anyway)
    BG- That’s great that the test results on the lymph nodes were good – Yay!
    Kotare- Good luck with the cycle hun! I was on gonalF and they started me on that dose (in my last cycle) and then upped it cos I wasn’t responding. This time they started at 187.5. If it is your first cycle they will start low as they don’t know how your body will react and don’t want to hyper stim. Hope it goes well!

BW - Glad that you aren't having any emotional side effects from the Letrozole.

Summer - I will have to go and read your journal.

Ellie - Hope your TWW fly's by with positive results at the end

Lou- I can't believe the clinic lost your file again! I'd be getting a photocopy of it all and taking it in myself next time LOL! Hope you are feeling better today too.

Shannon - That's great that AF is treating you better after your Lap.

ickimum - Welcome Hope your stay in here is a short one.

Sonya - Have a fantastic time at the PINK concert tonight

Well, onto me now. I've got an appointment for the FS and the u/s lined up. I have to go back for another blood test as it showed an elevated red cell count? We googled it and probably shouldn't have...google was not my friend that night LOL! Anwyay, we are hoping it was due to me not having anything to eat or drink before the test. I just got out of bed and went straight to the centre for the B/T.
    DH asked me to book in to see the GP about it,just for a chat, but I can't see her until may 3rd. My poor DH, he is worried himself, and then he is worried about me being worried. Anyway, LOTS of water before the next blood test LOL!

Nic

oh Nic what a long wait unitl May 3rd! isnt your DH lovely. my hubby frets too when its my health. take care and try not to stress. and i indeed plan to have a great night at PINK. im taking 3 friends with me so we have all been texting each other all morning about what to wear, how much money etc.... its going to be great! then after a late night, back for the 45 min drive to clinic by 8am for blood test to see if my ovaries are responding to my upped puregon dose. fingers crossed all is fine and i have u/s and EPU this week!

Hi ladies,

Thought I had best drop in and introduce myself and say Hi.
    I have been mainly in the Clomid/Metformin thread, but unless this current cycle of clomid is successful, I will be joining you lovely people in here.
    I have just registered with Monash IVF (To have treatment at one of it's regional clinics) and have just booked in for all the prelim tests, although I couldn't get in for an ultrasound until mid June, so I have booked all the other screening tests, SA, etc for the same day.
    Planning on commencing first stim cycle in July.
    Has anyone in here been treated at a regional clinic?
    Hope to get to know you all better and see everybody graduate with BFP's

Hi A Tryingtime, Fingers crossed this cycles worked for you, but not because we dont want you to join us.
    Nic Glad you are going back, thats a long wait, could you get the bloods done before then somewhere else?
    Sonya Enjoy yourself at Pink!

Nothing new TTC - bodywise to report

Thanks ladies for your well wishes,

Went to Gp and also told him about the bleeding that im still having so he's booked me in for a colonoscopy!TUESDAY PM!yes that right and having TF on Thursday !!!arhhhhhhh.

Can it get any better, maybe i shouldnt have said that!!!! will hopefully get results asap

Got to go out for staff social!

Ok, self-absorbed vent ahead...

I have just had a horrible, frustrating, confusing day... and discovered that there is an outright b!tch working in the Penrith medicare office!

The receipt from the anaesthetist turned up in the mail the other day, so I made yet another trip into medicare with that and the receipt from the last consultation with the FS, which I forgot to take with the cycle receipt the other day... Only to find out that there's some sort of exclusion period due to the cycle we just did, and the appointment fell within that. As far as medicare is concerned, that appointment was part of our cycle and we therefore can't claim. As soon as I heard the words "you can't claim this" that triggered a major anxiety attack... and the woman at the medicare office was SO rude! I was freaking out and couldn't understand what she was telling me, and she just kept telling me to take it up with my clinic... take WHAT up with my clinic, I don't understand what's happening here!!! Eventually I got her to write something down on the back of the receipt for me... but I'll give the job of trying to sort it out with the clinic over to DH - I can do without the anxiety right now!

And then there was the trip to the pharmacy to pick up the slow release metformin... He gave me a script for 850mg slow release metformin... which (and you'll love this one, Summer!) doesn't actually exist! So the pharmacist had to call my FS and sort it all out - I have to go back to 500mg tablets three times a day, which is a pain, but not as painful as having my intestines shredded by the wrath of metformin! So... Summer, you can take that little story to your FS and tell him to shove it where it fits - slow release metformin only exists in 500mg tablets!

GAH!!!! Now to get myself calmed down...

BW

:hugs: BW Silly medicare person. Its not like she didnt know what you had been through lately. Just leave it all for now and get it sorted another day.

I would recommend a nice hot warm bubble bath or come and chat with me

And as for the metformin, I will kindly inform him, maybe ask him where he would like it shoved! You made me smile so much with that comment.

At least I can make someone smile! Between you and Ryn, I'm getting there!

BW

BW - hun, i'm so sorry you've had such a shocking time today. some people are just downright rude! sorry you weren't able to sort out the metformin thing to be on xr - my fs said that 1000mg of xr once a day had a similar impact to the 850mg twice daily, but not as many side effects. hopefully your stomach will settle down too!

SS - i'd be going into your appointment with FS and asking which orifice he'd prefer!!

Lou - here's hoping you have a decent week next week - about time it got a little better for you.

ATT - welcome - but i'm really hoping you don't have to graduate to this thread!

as for me - well, positive me lasted til bed time last night, when i got a little bit anious talking to DH about what might be next week - but then i realised i can't do anything about it til next week, so feeling a little better. still worried, but i'll get there. my bro/sil and their three kidlets have just arrived for a visit until - well - i have no idea when they're leaving, but by the amount of stuff they just dragged in, i'm guessing not soon!! might be a little quiet this weekend....

Thanks, BG. I think I left that bit out - the pharmacist called the FS, and the script was changed back to 500mg of XR, but three per day instead of two. I know I do ok on that, and that's what I was on when I finally got the excess weight off me.

By that point in time I'd pretty much given up on anything going smoothly today, and was mostly just amused about Summer's FS telling her that XR metformin only existed in higher dosages... How wrong can doctors be, really?!

Anyway, shocking headache now - always happens after anxiety attacks for me, so I think I'll get away from the computer for a bit.

BW

hope the headache clears up soon BW - take care

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast