Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #2

RH76 Guest

Hi everyone!

Saltprincess - I was doing a flare cycle but my ovaries were not responding very well, too small, apart from 2, so it wasn't worth doing an egg collection - apparently. My FS called me and told me that he didn't want to cancel the cycle completely so he suggested IUI. He said it was better to try and get something! I suppose he thinks that there is a slim chance that it will work, as if he was really positive he'd never suggest it and risk triplets. Anyway, I had either 2 or 3 follies, there was possibly a 3rd one hiding but they weren't sure. FS did tell me about the risk of multiple embies. I'm secretly hoping and hoping that it's worked and we get twins. I know it is a riskier pg, but only one pg and not having to go through all of this again would be magic. We can all dream...At the end of the day it was our choice.

Maybe talk to your FS about it and see what they say if you are in a similar position to me?

AB - thanks so much for the info. It sounds like a very viable option for me. I'm not sure if my clinic does it, I shall ask them. I go to IVF Australia, Sydney.

I'm off now for a BT to see if I've ovulated. After a trigger injection I ought to have done. We'll see, it certainly feels as if there's a lot going on in there!

BecD - for your fert results today.

AB - I was wondering what IVM was too, Thanks!
    Bec am So happy for you, it is one big rollercoaster but hopefully you can get off it soon with your very own BFP!!!
    TL thanks for the babydust!
    RH76 and Salt - after going thru this TTC journey if twins were on offer Bring it on! My clinic tries to avoid it too, I guess with the whole it can complicate a pg thing.

Welcome back Kell! We've missed you

Bec, great news on your eggs! So happy to hear that more matured during the day - it must have relieved your mind a lot to hear that. Very best of luck for the next step. Hang in there - you're doing great!

RH - Hope you get your b/t results quickly and it's full steam ahead into the TWW! Lots and lots of luck to you.

I had my u/s today. It's early days, still. I've been on the stims for 6 days (7 tonight) and I've got follies, but they're still quite small, like last cycle. But the important bit being I've got follies growing. FS is saying about 4-5 right side and 5-6 on the L (she never gives exact numbers and doesn't count them all exactly) but that sounds good to me. I'll be on the stims for another 4 days and then scan again on Monday morning. I'm guessing trigger may be Monday or Tuesday, for OPU on Wednesday (grrr moving day) or Thursday, which would be 12 or 13 days post starting the stims - more time for mature eggies this time round! We'll see.

I've been avoiding packing like the plague - have gotten quite sick of it as I'm trying to inventory and value *everything* for insurance as they request, so instead I've been in the arcade here (tsk tsk tsk) and now I'm running out of time to reach today's goals lol. Bad Miss C.

Hope everyone is well and going ok on their own journey for now.

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; January 17th, 2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: ETA

Default miss C

Oh I am the queen of procrastinate...... and then when I have left something so long that I have only the smallest amount of time to get it done with I run round like a mad woman and get it done. My family s gotten to know that it s because I procrastinated but at work they dont know that I did all they see is me "running around again" and think wow..... the boss has gotten a bee in her bonnet about something........ our secret ok

Thanks for posting that link AB. It's pretty right on the money. The down side of IVM is that OPU is more painful than normal IVF OPU as the eggs are smaller and harder to get to, and also that there is an additional step in the process where the eggs mature before fertilisation, where you can lose some of your eggs along the way. Overall though it has been a very positive process and I think I huge step forward for the treatment of PCOS patients.

Got the phone call this morning that seven of our eight eggs have fertilised - YAY! Steve will call us on Saturday to let us know how they are growing and then we go in on Monday for the transfer, BT is on 31/1.

Quick question, how long did it take everyone else to get back to normal after OPU? I went back to work today but am still in a lot of pain...

Bec, I've been watching your IVM progress with great interest, for fairly obvious reasons! I'm desperately hoping that it will become available on the East coast soon!

As for time to recover from EPU - take me as the absolute worst case scenario - three weeks!

everyone. Watching, reading... but too tired to say muhc intelligent tonight. It's been a long day.

BW

RH76 I am at the same stage as you and am also cramping lots today, it can be a side effect of Crinone if you are on that. Or as I'd like to believe it's the little embies making themselves feel at home for both of us. I am also secretly hoping that there will be two wee ones

Angel I was wondering what IVM was, thanks for the details. Wow science and wonderful Dr are fantastic.

BecD great to see you had a good number fertilise, hope they all grow into super blasties for you.

BW rest up and take care

Salt hope those ovaries have been working overtime for you over the past 24 hours..

miss-c good luck with the packing. I too have been putting it off. I am now off to look through things we don't need anymore as we are moving house next week.

BB to all

waiting1 Guest

HI All
    Just a quick update. Had transfer today. ahhhh another 2 ww. Hopefully third time lucky.
    The 2 day frozen thawed well and split into over 9 cells almost a morula which is great.
    Now just praying for it to stick. DO we have a 2ww thread somewhere here?

Default waiting1

Goodness, i'm off for a day, and so much happens!

BecD - well done to your little eggies! You must be very pleased

Lynros - was wondering how you were going - we'll be doing one more clomid cycle, fully monitored, then prob skip IUI and go straight to IVF if needed. Due to my location, i don't have access to IUI, and IVF only visits 3 times a year . Best of luck to you.

Miss C, waiting 1, baby dreams, RH76 .... thinking of you all, for your current cycles.

Well as for me, i had another scan yesterday to check follie development, and nothing has changed, so looks as if i have not ovulated this cycle, which i thought might be the case, but my FS is sure i have a "persistent cyst". Apparently these cysts can release hormones that interfere with the hormones needed for conception ... another obstacle! Does anyone have any experiences with this type of cyst? I wonder if they differ from ovarian cysts?

hi to everyone else, warm wishes. tp x

Good morning everyone

TGIF! YAY!

Hope everyone is going well.

miss-c good luck with your moving. We've just finished moving, so I can totally sympathise.

is there anyone else here on their first cycle? a lot of this stuff is going right over my head - trying to catch up!

so i started my injections 2 days ago. boy was that a weird thing to do! i got myself all worked up about it, and it wasn't SO bad to do, but I just burst into tears after the first one from all the build up LOL

how long does it take to feel anything from the injections? i feel a bit bloated, but that's probably got more to do with my terrible diet over the last few days than anything

i'm booked for an ultrasound and blood test tomorrow - from reading your posts that seems very soon?

hope you're all doing well, and have a great weekend planned!!!

Tish

RH76 Guest

Hi everyone,

I had my BT yesterday and the results were good, my progesterone levels are over 100, which I'm told is good. So, if the IUI worked and an egg was fertilised, at least we know it has a chance of staying around. I am getting the cramps, please, please don't let this be a bfn cycle.

Salt, Lionfish, Babydreams - It's good to hear that others secretly hope for twins! My clinic is pretty adamant about only transferring one embie, so I was surprised when FS suggested IUI with 2 or more follies. However, not all follies contain an egg I suppose. With all the transfers I've had, it's just been one embie. My FS told me that there is the same chance of implanting regardless of the number of embies that are transferred. Is this correct?

Miss C - packing! You are busy. I too find that if I rush about like a maniac with very limited time to spare, I tend to get things done. The longer I have, the longer I leave it. I've always been the same, leaving school/uni assignments to the last minute and then pulling an all-nighter to get them done, especially at uni! Try not to stress about anything as you have to look after yourself at this stage. It's good that your follies are growing, stay positive, and remember, it only takes one egg to make a baby! Good luck for the scan! and good luck for the move!

BecD - great news! OPU - the worst part, I usually stay in bed for a couple of days and drink plenty of fluids, feeling generally awful. I hope you're feeling better soon, maybe being at work will take your mind off it? Are you able to take any pain killers?

Babydreams - half way through the TWW! I think you're right about the crinone side effects, and also that it's a (or 2! ) little embie making itself at home. Moving too! Everyone's moving! Good luck with your move! All very exciting!

Waiting1 - 9 cells! Wow! That's great! to you. Welcome to the TWW!

Theresep - sorry to hear your news. Is there anything that your FS suggests to get around the problem?

Tish - good luck with your first cycle.

Everyone - have a great Friday and a great weekend!

W1 - I can see you found the TWW thread Wonderful news about your embryo! Best of luck for your TWW. There'll be quite a few people around to support you in the next couple of weeks!

TP - I'm sorry to hear about the persistent cyst. Can you ask your FS to clarify what the cyst is? My understanding is that a persistent cyst is a simple ovarian cyst that just doesn't want to resolve itself. Perhaps it would help to ask the doctor for some further information. What has he/she said the next step is? Hope you're ok, hun.

BD - we're moving next week too. We can be movies buddies Hope you're hanging in there.

AB - I used to have a little chant, very tongue in cheek, when I was younger:
    "Procrastinate, procrastinate,
    Why do stuff when we can wait!"
    Hmmmm, not a great idea at the moment! We'll get there though. Just have to get on with things

RH - great news from your b/t! I hope the rest of the TWW goes quickly and I will be thinking of you lots, especially next week. Hang in there! It's sounds really positive at this point!
    I've been trying to not let the procrastination bug bite me for this move, as it's such a big thing (we're moving o/s) and most days are good and I'm getting through lots of stuff, and it's not last minute, but yesterday I was having big procrastination moment lol. Back on track later in the day and today again! The end is in sight!!

Tish - I hope your move went smoothly The build-up for my first ever injection was stressful too. I just sat there holding the pen and couldn't seem to actually tell my brain to start injecting. I'm sure we've all been like this the first time, so we all understand! I'm sure it'll be a breeze after a couple of days, even though it's a big deal.
    Each person is different with when they start to feel anything, if at all from the stims. For me personally, I started feeling tender after about 5 days of injections (I'm up to day 8 today). My first cycle back in Novmber, I starting feeling things a day or so later. Usually by a day or two before the trigger injection a lot of people feel quite tender and bloated, but the extent of this is individual for everyone.
    Having a scan and b/t earlier is probably a good thing in your first cycle. As your FS doesn't really know how your body is going to respond to stims the first time, they're probably checking early to gauge your response and see if anything (dosage) needs to be adjusted. It's a good thing - a conscientious FS! I'm glad you're asking questions as you need, Tish. It's hard to know what's going on in your first cycle - everything is new and unknown, but having people on BB answering my questions in my first cycle was a huge help. There will always be someone here to help you with anything you think of Good Luck!

Miss C

Default Miss C

I m sitting here in my office reading these threads, which is procrastination in its finest, when I came read your chant. I started laughing and my son, 18, who works for us doing data entry and shares my office, just looked at me strangly but i just kept on laughing. Then I read the chant to him and he laughed as well. So basically you had the 2 of us highly amuzed.

AB, brilliant!
    More amusement, I say!

Unfortunately the rubbish skip I ordered has just arrived early (was due either late today or early tomorrow) so I have nooooo more excuses! Time to get on with things now!

Happy friday all
    :stickyvibeboy: stickyvibesgirl:

I am lurking and will catch up with personals over the weekend

RH76 Guest

Miss C - moving OS! Wow! A big move, where are you moving to?

I hope the rest of your day goes well, especially now the skip has arrived!

RH

You're pretty much on the ball re. the persistent cyst Miss C .... going by what my FS has said, they are not a HUGE issue, in the scheme of things - they can reduce and disappear in their own good time, or i could have a simple procedure to 'rupture' it (now, why do these 'simple procedures' always involve leaving your modesty at the door, and parting one's legs???!!!) Sorry, i didn't quite know how to put that
    I have some time up my sleeve to do some research and learn what i can before my next appt. In the meantime, if by some miracle i have fallen preg this month, then great, if not, then 1 more cycle of clomid, this time fully monitored. If the cyst is still there, then i will possibly have it ruptured, but have to wait until March, because they use an instrument which is also involved with the IVF procedure, and due to my location, IVF only visits 3 times a year ... so thats why will still try another clomid cycle in the meantime!
    Sorry for the ramble, i think i'm starting to repeat myself from my earlier post xx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast