Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #2

Default Miss C

Miss C wow moving overseas is a big task.. Hope all goes well with the move, you are a busy lady. How is the skip filling going? I managed to sort out piles last night and am letting go of things I thought looked cool 10 years ago.. Moving can be like going down memory lane, it is marvellous the treasures you discover lurking in cupboards.

Wishing all a great weekend.. Sorry for lack of personals as I have a car filled with boxes and have to take them to recycle..

jbub Guest

Default rollercoaster day

Hi all. Bec- hope your embies are going well.
    TWW'ers- hope you are all doing ok

Well I have had a rollercoaster ride the last 2 days. Had my OPU yesterday and must've had the world's worst anaesthetist. It took 3 goes for him to find my vein and gave me a running commentary on how the needle went straight through my vein etc etc. As if I wasn't nervous enough. I had NO confidence in him after that. Anyway I got 4 eggs in my OPU which was ok as I had only 5 follicles.

This morning I got a ph call from the scientist saying she had bad news for me and none of my eggs fertilized and that we will need to use ICSI next time. I got an appointment to see my FS again in a couple of weeks and to see the counsellor in a few weeks time. After calling my partner and then balling my eyes out with my mum, i decided i needed some RT (retail therapy). Managed to find a fantastic Allanah Hill dress reduced from $390 down to $149 to wear to a wedding in March (yes there is a bit of give around the waist - does everyone check for that when they buy clothes ?? just in case...) Also bought shoes and another dress then felt depressed and left to come home and cover my head under the blankets. On the way home i got a call from the scientist saying they checked my eggs again and now 2 have fertilized so I'm going in tomorrow for a transfer.

This whole thing is such a rollercoaster ride. It will be worth it in the end.

Jbub, what a rollercoaster ride you have been on!

Good luck with the transfer tomorrow, I'll be madly hoping that this transfer works and you won't ever have to find out about the ICSI side of things.

BW

RH76 Guest

Jbub - I'm so glad that 2 of your eggs fertilised. It's awful when a cycle doesn't go as planned. But it sounds like things are back on track for your transfer tomorrow.

Got to dash out now, family dinner for DH's birthday.

Hi to everyone else, enjoy the weekend!

Oh, jbub, you've been through the works in the last couple of days!
    Hang in there, hun. Try to keep calm even though you've been put through a lot. I'll be thinking of you lots for your transfer tomorrow and send you lots of luck!

RH, we're moving to the UK - DH is a Brit, living here for 14 years, but we just got married, so it's time for a change! We'll be leaving in April.

BD, I hope the packing goes well for you too! We're having to be ruthless throwing out or giving away things that we can't afford to hold onto. It's hard, but the clean-out and tidy up has felt good, too.

We live on a super-steep block, and our driveway is something you have to see to believe (seriously), so unfortunately this time, the skip has had to go at the bottom of the drive on the nature strip instead of the top, where they put it last time. Apparently the truck is not up to backing up our driveway anymore! I've tried a bit but taking rubbish up and down the drive hasn't been the best thing for me to do physically at the moment It's now been designated as DH's job this weekend - I'll just keep hold of the fort lol

Happy weekend to you all, and will be thinking and sending lots of luck to all you TWWers.

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; January 18th, 2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: ETA - extra personals

waiting1 Guest

jbub yay - this is a good sign ! Best of luck. see strange things happen.....
    Im going mental on my 2ww... where is everyone else out there in 2ww... im going mental on my own.... Jan is a strange month because so much is closed etc.
    I dont understand why they dont just do an ICSI if there is no fertilisation instead of wasting the egg.. that is so hard to get and get out? at lesat you dont have to worry !!!! Congrats

Default jbub

Here I was finally changing my "mood" to "Cheerful" and I read your post. I have to say it actually brought a tear or two. I felt so down with your and then as i kept reading I felt up. Every thought of being author..... I went on that ride with you..... Quick ride but I was hating the needle guy and then I was thrilled you had 4 eggs and the felt the whole NOOOOOO when they didnt fertilize I was even out there shopping with your going... you go girlfriend..... and then the final YESSSSS...... I m thrilled for you..... isnt it a strange thread this one...... hoping that each other person is not here for long.

As for ICSI..... thats what hubby and I went with. I because of their swimming ability or lack there of it was just a risk we werent able to take.

I so hope that in the next few weeks we are in another thread and if you get there before me..... any of you.... save me a seat, I ll be there soon.

Default Typing

I have so got to start checking my spelling before I post..... goodness..... I m so used to spell check..

waiting1 Guest

Angel Babies when are you due to be in 2ww

Default waiting1

I really have no idea waiting1.

I have only just lost my 2 angels on New Years Eve and Day. So we are still waiting for AF. We are also going onto herbs which we start in about 4 weeks, depending on when they turn up. There is always the chance, which obviously you hold on to, of a natural pg because of all the changes in the last 6 months we made while we prepared ourselves for ICSI and then until the recent loss. Who knows, after 6 months of no smoking, learning our cycles and improving our health in general, there is always the chance.

If that s not to be then I m also going to start finding another FS. My experience with my last one wasnt a pleasant one but goodness I wont get started on that.... Onward and upwards, I ll search until I find the right one for us. Then when I do I look at another round of ICSI then.

I am incrediably positive about everything and feel that things will happen for us this year....... I m 38 so there arent to many years left...

Its this year, hopefully for everyone in here.

Wow, you don't log on for a couple of days and you spend the next 3 days catching up on everybody.

Theresep, nice to hear from you again. I feel you and I are in a very similar situation. I was sorry to read that things didn't go well for you on your last cycle, especially with the persistent cyst. Let's hope it disappears on it's own. My fingers are crossed for you this cycle.

Jbub, I agree with Waiting1, this could be a sign that something wonderful is going to happen. Best of luck for your 2 eggies.

Nothing more happening my end, need to see FS next week in our next step towards IVF.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Fingers crossed for all those in TWW. Sorry for lack of personals, still getting to know everybody.

jbub - Oh my goodness, your story made me want to cry, I wanted to slap the anaesthetist for you! Sending big (((hugs))) your way and fingers crossed that your little embies stick

Am hanging out to speak to Steve tomorrow and find out how my embryos are going.

Update on our little embryos - as of today (Day 3) we have 3 8-cell embies, 1 7-cell, 1 5-cell, 1 4-cell and 1 2-cell embryo. One a grading scale of 1-4 (1 being the best), there are 1x1, 3x2, 2x3, 1x4 which I am pretty happy with. Now I'm praying that they just keep growing!

Transfer is booked for 1.15pm Monday afternoon and Steve will call us on the morning to make sure that we have a blast to transfer.

I don't know if it's the hormones or just me but I have turned into a bundle of nerves lately! I am not generally a nervous person but I'm jumping at every little noise, even tiny things that normally I deal with on a daily basis are freaking me out!

waiting1 Guest

Bec D Yay - congratulations - that is a great result ! At least you will know how strong they are if going to blast - and that is heaps to try wtih. Best of luck !
    As of Monday you will be in 2ww with me !! Yay. I understand how you feel. I have an umedicated FET on board now but am analysing every twinge in my tummy. About to go and make a lasagne to keep my mind off it - and to eat in case this is a BFP and I don't have to keep sucking in my tummy !!!

jbub Guest

Default thanks everyone

thanks to you all for your kind wishes.
    Congrats Bec - sounds like you have heaps of great little embies there!!
    Waiting1 and RH76- I have officially joined you in the 2WW.
    Butterfly warrier - are you in 2WW too?
    Miss C- good luck with the packing. Try and get your hubby to do most of it!!

Went in for ET today! Was all prepared to plead for both embryos to go in. One of the fertilized eggs didn't grow though and had started to degenerate. That left one good one to go in!! It had divided ok and the scientist said it looked pretty good. Hopefully this it the one... It went in easily - being my first one i wasn't sure what to expect but no big deal. Now I am just scared it will fall out! I laid down for over 20 mins after transfer then went to acupuncture and laid down for another 45. Then went shopping for an hour or so (not for me this time). Now i think I'll lay down with my book. My clinic said as long as i don't get my body temp raised I can do what i like except swimming and sex.

Angel Babies - good luck with the natural conception. I really hope it works for you. As you said, you are much healthier now. Also you know that you can get pregnant now. Fingers crossed.

Default jbub

Congrats...... the 2 week wait.... hmmmmmmmm I have a totally different type of 2 week wait, in 2 weeks I will either be BFP or not. But good either way so I m really up about it all. One thing that I will actually be highly amuzed at is, we have all our new herbs and fertility books due to arrive in 4 weeks. (once our information is annalyzed and the herbs are made) I would be highly amuzed if i did get the BFP in 2 weeks and then the herbs and books on how to conceive turned up 2 weeks later...... mind you I would be down $500 but I really dont think I would care.

Hi All... I've been away from BB for about 6 weeks but thought I'd post again although I'm not sure how often I might get to catch up on threads at this stage.... We had two unsuccessful IUI's and are due to start our first IVF in two weeks. I thought i was feeling fine about it, but I'm starting to get worried about the uncertainty of it all. My work collegue who shares an office with me, started her IVF two weeks ago, so I've been keenly following her journey, only for her to have her cycle cancelled yesterday due to too many eggs (51 !) and too high a rise in progesterone. The poor girl I really felt for her. It's so frustrating !!! It made me wonder, if the clinic should have scanned her about 3 days earlier.

My Day 21 planning appointment is on Monday. As I tend to respond quickly to the injections I'm going to ask again for an early blood test/scan as I'm paranoid they're going to leave it too long. Just hope I get a good response / good embies / good freeze/thaw and all that... I used to think that IVF was just about hoping the embie would stick.. but there are so many potential blocking walls along the way !

Wishing everyone extra special folli growing-sticky vibes and I'll be catching up with you all more often in the coming weeks.

xx Sharon

Deni I can certainly relate with how you are feeling. I will be commencing IVF shortly, and at first I felt excited and relieved as after 3 failed attempts with Clomid, IVF meant that our dreams of becoming parents wasn't over. As time draws near though, I have so many 'what if' questions going round in my head, that I'm becoming increasingly tense about the whole thing as well. You are lucky that you have a work colleague to ask questions and confide in and share your journey. I have opted not to tell anybody (other than my sister) about what we are going through, as for me I think it would only make things more emotionally charged.

Even amongst all the uncertainly I know it will be all worth it in the end. I hope everything goes well for you next week .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast