Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #2

nattty Guest

Hi Girls - new to these boards but very experienced in IVF ICS and Donor sperm eventually did the trick. Am also a sonographer thats scans for 4 IVF clinics. I am lucky enough to be in a FET cycle start tracking bloods Monday am. So am off to read about you all and try and put each story together. BBL

N

nattty Guest

Bec D - I am also Perth and have seen success with IVM first time with one of my patients. Are you in a western suburbs clinic and doesn't Steve have a voice to die for?? I just wanted him to coo to my little embies. I don't answer my phone first time he rings so I have his voice on message bank - I just love it!!

N

deni - Good luck with IVF, what clinic are you at?

nattty - I'm at FertWA in Claremont
    I am totally in love with Steve, my husband tells everyone how I have a crush on him :P I think I have finally figure out who he reminds me of, he looks similar to Nigel Barker from ANTM (You have to google the picture), obviously a more mature version though... okay I will stop gushing now

Have been feeling really nauseous the last couple of days, wonder if its the estrogen/progestrone? Trying to distract myself from thinking about Monday, I'm starting to get really nervous!

All very exciting Bec! Great progress with your babies there!

Jbub it really is a rollercoaster, I am so glad things turned for the better for you. Its all a bit exhausting!

We're still waiting for AF to arrive to get back into it... couple weeks left yet.

Hi Kell - Hope things are going well with you xxx

Default BecD

Hmmmmmmm Nice...... ........ I googled........

Mind you with my youngest son, now 16 I had the cutest cutest OB.... It ended up disturbing me greatly. Someone that it doing things in the southerly direction should either be your husband or old and ugly. This whole young and cute as hell thing just doesnt work for me. ESPECIALLY if hubby is in there with you......

I know - I completely freaked out when I saw Steve at my OPU. I knew my FS would be there but for some reason it didn't click in my head that he would? Lucky I had a GA, otherwise I think I would be mortified!

Default IVF Special on SBS

Did anyone just see the special on SBS 8.30 tonight. It was all about IVF and what the doctors went through and patients went through to fight Governments to have it allowed. I was just a tad emotional through it. I was so happy for everyone and amaized at what they went through.

2 million IVF babies world wide. Amaizing

I m still lost for word...... was an eye opener.

WOW

slyder Guest

I saw it. Amazing the genesis of IVF was in the 40's. Never knew that.

Bec - I'm at Pivet in Leederville.

I don't know if anyone here read about my post ages ago about me planting Gypsophila (Baby's Breath) seeds a few months back. Anyway, I just had to post this - yesterday it flowered for the first time !!! I've been watching and watering daily. At one stage I thought it would die but it bounced back, yay!

I'm hoping it's a sign.

Best wishes everybody, catch you again over the next few days.

Good morning everyone

AngelBabies/Slyder, yes I saw the documentary on SBS. It was a real eye opener! They are so right that after a while the technology just becomes part of the fabric of society. Since we were married my husband and I knew that we would have to do IVF to have a chance to have kids, and it wasn't a big deal. Having said that, we're extremely lucky/grateful that the technology exists!

I felt a pang of guilt when they detailed the early treatment regime - 3 injections every day for weeks! Guess I don't really deserve any sympathy for the mozzie bites I have to do once a day

miss c our move went very smooth, it was just around the corner in comparison to you!! Moving overseas is very exciting, I'm a little jealous but excited for you! Thanks for all the info, it is an enormous help to come here and ask questions. You're right it is getting easier, and I'm sure it will seem like second nature if I have to do all of this again for another cycle at any point.

Thinking of everyone that is in their two week wait! Hoping that I can join you soon!

I had my blood test and scan on Saturday, which was my birthday!!! Bit of a pain to be there at 8am (so no brekky in bed for me LOL), but it felt like a nice pressie to see what was going on! As it turned out the ultrasound lady wouldn't tell me anything at all, except it's too early to tell you anything, which was a bit deflating - but better than this is wrong or that is wrong! I saw her counting follicles, so I'm itching to know what's going on in there *pokes tummy*

When I saw the nurse she gave me orgalutran injections to take with the gonal f. OMG the gonal f seems bloody easy to take in comparison! I got really red and itchy. Just as well I only need to take it twice

Hub has been such a support thru all of this. He's very excited about it all, and comes to every appointment and sits (and winces) with me when I inject.

Booked in for another scan and blood test tomorrow, so hopefully someone will tell me what's going on! Feel like we're getting to the pointy end now.

The nurse told me I'm doing an antagonist cycle, is this the same as a flare? We still don't know why the FS has put me on it. I'm not complaining, it's much quicker

Warm snuggly thoughts for everyone today! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Tish
    x

Tish, I had to have orgalutran too... I was hyperstimulating, so for three days I was doing puregon, lucrin and orgalutran - yuck! Are the orgalutran needles still blunt? I really had trouble getting them through my skin - no short, sharp jab there, it was a slow, hard shove! Please mention it to your clinic if they are - I told mine, and they were going to get on to the manufacturer about it - in their words "it's just not good enough!". I figure if they here it from other clinics as well, it might just help get something done about them!

BW

Hi Butterfly Warrior

Yuck! 3 injections, that sucks!!

I don't know if the needle was blunt, or if it is just because it is bigger than the gonal f but it did take a lot more force to get the sucker in. When I got my belly pierced (and here I am sooking about injections!!!!!) the guy said I had amongst the toughest skin on my belly that he'd seen in 10 years of piercing - yay me! So I put the fact that it was hard down to that, but thanks for the tip - I'll let the clinic know it wasn't much fun

Did you get red and itchy? I felt like I'd been attacked by a swarm of mozzies on my belly LOL

Tish, I didn't get any skin reactions to the injections this time... but for my first two trigger shots I came up in enormous hot red welts at the injection site. They faded to purple and stuck around for ages. I didn't get it with the last cycle, I'm half convinced that it's because I have been pregnant (miscarried twice, sadly) and now my body knows what HCG is it just doesn't react to it any more. Skin reactions are fairly common with orgalutran and cetrotide, though. I found something like stop itch worked wonders with mine - perhaps you can try that?

Good to hear the IUI went ok, Salt.

BW

I am officially in the TWW! Had one blastocyst embryo transferred this afternoon There is one, possibly two other blasts that will also be frozen which is a relief. Procedure was okay, more uncomfortable than anything else, although I ended up having a silly fight with DH on the way home! Am trying to relax now though, and not stress myself out

Wow! Thats awesome news Bec, how exciting!!! Will keep everything crossed for you!

nattty Guest

Congrats Bec hope your taking it easy after the bumpy ride home and everyone is fussying over you now! How was Steve?? Ohhh my ovaries just hum when he is around!
    He had to tell us after one EPU with 15 eggs that there was only five yes 5 sperm so DH did another sample with another 5 sperm and we used those but I remember thinking I just need a sperm donor right now and your standing here!!! Stupid I know but good so doable!.

Natty

Bec congrats and truckloads of

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast