Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #3

Hey thanks everyone for all your support!! We had the beta test today and the results were 90!! Progestrone was 70 so its all good!! Booked in for an U/S on the 16th April!! I can't thank everyone enough for their support and best wishes, guess we'll be graduating from this thread, but i will be in to check on you all!!!

Megan - how exciting for you guys. Enjoy these next 9 months!

Well it's good to get some great news to start the week off on.

CONGRATULATIONS to Megan & Kim !!! Sending you sticky vibes and all the best for a H&H pregnancy!!! whooo hooo

Sammi Jane - hang in there, best wishes to you! Good luck for your BT on Wed.

Carrie - Good luck with your scan today, my fingers are crossed you have a great result

Hollybolly & Alex...grrrr re insensitive people, they honestly have NO idea! We do! :hugs:

briggsy's girl - oh you poor pet. You are exactly the same as me re being sooky..I'm a very together strong and unemotional (on the outside) to the outside world..these drugs will do it to you!! I'm crying at commercials! Time for a 12 pack of freddos darl

Butterfly - your ovaries don't need a lecture.. they'll catch up, you just wait and see

Trigger all done..I'm starting to get really nervous about OPU. My mind is going berserk..like "what if I ovulate before egg collection?!" Still feeling quite bloated and VERY sore BB's. I can't even touch them.. blah

kotare, Sunny_summer, sazzafrazz, and everyone else lurking!

Hi everyone. Sorry haven't been on much lately, but been really sick with this whole hyperstim/pg thing. Felt kind of okish yesterday, managed to go to the library to get a few books to give me something to do other than watch television. Other than that feeling pretty nauseous today, and unbeliveably tired. Hugs to everyone.

Hi all,
    I had my scan today, I had 20 follies with (I think they said) 11-14 between 16 to 20mm. So trigger injection is tonight and pick up wednesday. I'm a bit worried about OHSS atm though cos I'm pretty tired nauseous and thirsty. So I really hope I get some good embies and actually get to have a transfer . Oh well, what will be will be I suppose...
    EJE- Sorry you're feeling so yuck atm. How did you manage to get a transfer done with OHSS?
    Sammi- Goodluck for the BT wed. You're nearly there. You haven't snuck in a HPT???? Sending lots of BFP vibes your way and starting up a picket line for you.
    Smudge- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow for your pickup!! Goodluck sweets!
    BG- Sorry you had such an up and down weekend! I hope you got to have a bit of a relax last night. It’s funny how quickly you forget the effects of the drugs, although I’m sure I’m feeling a little worse this time around than last! Anyway from me to you, and hope you are feeling ok today.
    Alex: If only it were that easy huh? Yep just go adopt and then you’ll get pregnant!! Maybe we should all go sign up?
    Holly- Gosh, how rude and hurtfull for you in-laws to talk like that without even considering you. I don’t think there is any excuse for that! You don’t want their stinky handme downs anyway!

Hi everyone else - hope you are all going well and hanging in there!

Carrie - oooh ohhh this could be really good! I hope OHSS isn't a problem for you. Get some rest and drink heaps, not that I need to tell you that...

EJE, I hope the little bundle that arrives at the end of the whole process makes the OHSS all seem worthwhile. Hope you feel better soon.

Megan and Kim - Congratulations! Fantastic news there!

I'm afraid I'm completely beat and just not up to more personals, maybe I'll pop back for some more later one. For me, I had great news today! The buckets of EWCM are pretty hard to ignore as a good sign that things are going right, and they are! I completely forgot to ask for my levels as I couldn't sneak into a private room for the phone call today, but I need to reduce to 200IU of puregon and return on Wednesday for a blood test and scan. I'm desperately trying to figure out how it all goes from here. From the little chart in the book the clinic gave me, the trigger usually takes place two days after this scan (with another scan that day), so it looks like trigger on Saturday, EPU on Monday. But that makes 15 days of puregon injections, which seems awafully long. I guess I just need to be patient and wait for Wednesday morning and remember to ask questions when I'm in there. It certainly looks like things are well on track now. The only down side of the day is that I did notice that by the end of the day I was in quite a bit of pain again. Looks like I need to continue to take it easy.

Sorry for such a self-absorbed post, but you've got to look on the bright side - I've finally got things to be happy about!! YAY!!!!!

BW

HI BW- Fantastic that things are back on track for you!!! I think it will depend on how your follies look on Wed as to OPU. As I said, I had a scan today and trigger tonight. So I suppose all going well you could even have OPU on Friday??
    Anyway, glad to hear that the high dose gave your levels a bit of a kick up the bum!! And the loads of EWCM can only be a good sign. All the follies producing oestrogen.
    Woohoo for you!

Hope you don't mind me butting in here, girls ...

BW - that is great, great news ... I've had my fingers crossed here for you.

Carrie - best wishes to you too for your OPU tomorrow.

Twomums - fantastic result! Congratulations!

Thinking of all of you in here. I will be climbing back on the IVF ride later in the year myself. I wish everyone the very best.

Love,

Mel

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi everyone,

Well, AF was due yesterday and there was no sign of her, so this morning I did a HPT (in fact 2) and I got a !!!! I still can't believe it. I've still got my b/t tomorrow, but I think it should all be ok. I'm so happy, although it doesn't seem real yet, I don't think it will till I hear the nurse tell me tomorrow.

I hope that everyone here has their dream come true soon!! Thank you all for your advice and support and for just being there. It's kept me sane in times when I thought I was going to lose it. Thank you!

Sending lots of baby dust to all.

Sam x

Yay Sammi!!!! How exciting - congratulations!
    Hi Mel- Thanks for that. Great news that your thinking of ttc#2!

Firstly, I just want to say a big congrats to Megan & Kim, and Sammi Jane. It always makes me feel a bit better when I hear of a BFP in here.

Now, I want to apologise for what is probably going to be a post all about me me me!
    I have just come off a 37 day cycle and managed a 14 day LP....whether that is because of what happened last month or not I don't know. Anyway, AF arrived yesterday and it's been so bad it has forced me into 1.5 days off work. I came home early yesterday and still felt like crap this morning so called in sick. I now feel really lethargic, and have an upset tummy and generally feel sad.
    I hate this person I have become. I feel so sad all the time, have been crying over stupid little things and feel like a failure. When I told DH last night that I felt like a failure he just got annoyed with me and told me I was being silly. As much as he also wants a baby, I feel like he doesn't really get it or understand me at the moment.
    Now, we have our house on the market to make things easier for us to continue with IVF. Rent is so much cheaper than our mortgage so we will be able to save more. I am actually beginning to feel like I can't continue to work while doing all of this. I have never been one to take time off work sick and when I do I feel so guilty, and that certainly isn't helping me at all. I just feel so trapped at the moment and don't know what to do. We are having a break from IVF for a couple of months and I have just come off a natural cycle which I thought would have been easier on me. Unfortunately it wasn't....obviously at the back of my mind I thought a miracle could happen.
    I have managed to keep myself together through all of this for so long and now I feel like I am am starting to fall apart at the seams.

Sammi Jane - wow, congrats

Hi Megan, Thought you sounded a bit blue in your journal. Sometimes this TTC especially with AC can take over every facet of your life and it is very over whelming. I can't offer you any pearls of wisdom - i'm sorry. It sux to feel the way you do - but it is OK and you are allowed to!! Go easy on yourself.

Thanks Jo. I think maybe some of the problem is that I don't feel like I can be down in the dumps and feel crappy about it. I don't know why. I have always been the one who tries to stay positive, and get on with things. I guess that's what the people in my life expect from me, and I'm not good at expressing when I am sad or upset about something like this so everyone just thinks I'm ok.

Hi Ladies!

Sammi Jane - Congratualtions!!! What fantastic news, you must be just so happy!!!
    Wow, this is so great, there are so many ladies with BFP's at the moment!!!

Megan - I'm so sorry about how you are feeling right now. I know exactly how you feel.
    DH & I sold our house at Christmas time for the same reason - and we're still saving madly for our next attempt.
    $$$ Is just an added pressure to this whole TTC journey - and you just can't win.. You need to take the time off to look after yourself and because you feel so sick, but you need to work for the $$ to pay for the cycle - and when you're at home you just feel so guilty about not working - and you have too much time to sit and think about everything, therefore depressing yourself.... I've been doing this for about 12 months now.
    Whilst I can't offer you any advice, I know exactly where you are at - you hate yourself for being the person you have become - thats me too, sometimes xxx
    Keep looking forward to what you are doing all of this for - I keep a journal at home, and this helps me - I feel like if I get everything negative on paper, then its out of my body at least....
    I hope you feel better soon... I'm not depressed right at the moment, but am just SO SO SICK of being in limbo!!!
    If one more person tells me just to relax and focus on something else, I'm going to die, so I'm not going to say that to you
    Take it easy sweetie xxx

To everyone else - HI!
    Hope things are great for everyone xxx

Holly
    xxx

Hi Ladies

Wow things are reaklly going on in here at the moment!

Sammi Jane & Twomums - Congratulations on the BFP! That is fantastic!!

Megan - Definately don't feel guilty.. take the time to feel upset and awful and take the time for you! As i keep telling everyone including work.. this year is "YEAR OF SHANNON!" I think you need to do the same for yourself.. there is a reason all those sick and annual leave days are sitting there waiting for us to use them!

Well i will be quick because i am at work.. hehe

Well it has been a challenging few days, had a bit of a breakdown at work on Friday walked out of a meeting because everyone keeps nagging at me "what's wrong" and i was way too emtotional to deal with it so i walked and bawled int he toilets for 15 mins and then felt fantastic! I'm also back at the gym this week and after a 1 hour personal training session - very sore.. but starting to feel a lot more like Shannon again.. not some hormone crazy woman!

We saw the Dr yesterday and at day 12 i have no follicles and my body is way behind so we did some hormone testing and they are doing absolutely nothing.. but she did find some kind of growth on my fallopian tube (oh sh*t), so it looks like most likely our FET for this month will be cancelled... we go back on Thurs morning to see if my body has miracuously decided to co operate.. and decide what next. She is talking about doing a Lap before we go any further remove the growth and any endo.

So i have a few questions if anyone can help..

1 - How soon after a Lap can you do an IVF cycle?
    2 - Are you better off doing a fresh or frozen cycle after a Lap?

Sorry for the long post... Thanks to anyone that can help!

Sammi Jane, fantastic news there! Can I ask how often you were having acupuncture through all of this? I'm really, really hoping Leah can work some magic with me as well. I'm feeling so nervous about what is to come - even tomorrow, when it's just a blood test and a scan - I've had both before so it shouldn't be anything to worry about, but I'm SOOO nervous!

Shannon, sounds like you are where I was at last week. I'm pretty sure I only took time off because of the bursting cyst, but that time of doing nothing, being selfish and just relaxing has done wonders for me. Be gentle on yourself and do what you need to do.

Megan, that goes for you, too. It is rough, and your journey seems to be rougher than most. Be gentle, let yourself be selfish and upset and take the time you need. I think that if I'm still doing this next year then I'll be seriously having to consider whether I work or not as well. Just remember that you are allowed to feel whatever you want, no matter how silly you may think it seems. I'm sending you the hugest . I wish I could be there to give it to you in person, you seem like you really need it right now.

Mel, I wish you luck when you get to number 2. But I also hope that there's a whole new set of people here and we can all race off and abandon this place before you get back here. Nothing personal, of course.

Feeling so very, very tired at the moment. Really quite sore, too. It's been a busy day so far and I'm suffering! Got the news this morning that DH has blown the head gasket on his car... so not what we need right now! Of course, that makes me feel even more pressured on this cycle has GOT to work, because now we just won't have the funds to go again straight away.

Blargh! I'm supervising an extra class right now, so I really should be off and get back to work... After the high of yesterday, I really don't want to be feeling so down and dejected about it all now.

BW

Carrie- I was feeling sore the day after my pickup on the Tuesday, but by the Thursday was ok, so transfer went ahead on the Friday, as they didnt really suspect OHSS- more just being unwell/sensitive as this was our first IVF cycle, and we had a large amount of follicles and eggs. Dr McBain did warn us though that because they wanted a higher number of eggs for the PGD, and that I have PCOS there was a higher than normal risk of OHSS- so was in some ways we were kind of prepared- well as prepared as you can be to be sick for 4- 6 weeks!! IYKWIM

Good luck for your pickup tomorrow.

Anyway had to come in to work for a quick bit today to sort a few things out ( wasn't really planning not being at work so quickly!!) and heading home in a minute to go straight back to bed, as I had terrible pain all night last night and only slept for 2 hours. Very very tired. The only bonus I guess is that I know that feeling sick means that the pg is still going to plan. Can't wait for our first scan. Very nervous given our history.

Congrats Sammi Jane

Time to log off and go home now.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast