Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Hi everyone,

Bec, I'm so glad you've got a great bunch of mature eggies I hope you're recovering from EPU ok and not in anywhere near as much pain as last cycle. Fingers crossed for your fertilisation rate - I'll be really looking forward to hearing great news on that front soon!

PLC - thanks for your message, hun I'll definitely still be around once we move! Not going anywhere, especially more so once we settle into our own home - for now we will be staying in DH's parents lovely lovely 16th century cottage. It's a real treat to be there until we buy our own home in the next few months after that. How are you doing at the moment, hun?

Lou, hope you're doing ok. TL has often suggested putting a heat pack on your lower abdomen for 10-15 minutes at a time a few times a day to help the eggs along - it can make a good difference. It'll also probably help with your cramping. Also, make sure you keep drinking plenty of water - it's good for those eggs and can help stave of any OHSS. Lots can happen in the days after the first scan - especially leading towards EPU. When is your next scan and BT? Hang in there, hun :hugs:

Janie, it must be really frustrating that you don't know how your body is going to respond to the stims. I'm sorry that you're having to go through that :hugs: A lot can change between scans, so I hope there's better news soon. When do you next have a scan? I will have my fingers crossed for your follies start doing the right thing!

TL, been thinking about you lots today, and hoping your recovering and recuperating well now!

Paula - well done on getting through that first injection, it's a big deal hun! It'll get easier and easier now. With my own injections, most of the time they didn't hurt, but occasionally I would nick a nerve a little and it would be a little stingy. Just a warning, certainly don't expect it, but it happened from time to time with me! In your BT they will be checking that your oestrogen (E2) levels are rising which will indicate the the FSH is working on your ovaries. As I don't have BTs just scans, I'm not sure what level they will be looking for - perhaps someone else can give you an idea Good Luck on Friday though! I'll be thinking of you.

Good Luck and hugs to everyone else who I may have missed - hoping everything is going well for you all

Miss C

TL - hope all went well today my dear and that ur resting up and ur DH is paying u loads of attention when ur up to it let us know how u are and how u went....

becD - that is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur eggies and it's easter - new life - everything crossed for you hun and hard for you too!!!

Thanks for the info Miss C.

Can anyone tell me what my levels should be at on Friday??

Bec - Great news on the eggs sweet I agree with Carla an easter sunday transfer is a sign

Well my lovley FS worked his magic yesterday and did the lap dye study, d&c and hsytersocpy. He found endo a bit more than he expceted and it had fuesd my right ovarie down. Good news though as it gives us answer. Back to FS tommorrow with DH but the plan is at this stage to have af arrive in the next couple of days and then on the next AF try again to put this baby into grow.

Ps: I am on limted PC time from DH but I will be poping by :hugs: to all

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the thoughts and advice. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty positive easter for all.... I was having such a trying day Monday. I knew IVF was going to be tough, but I'm really struggling between the cramps & being "normal" at work, especially after the scans (we travel from the vineyards to Gosford for the scans & I see clients all day in my job).

I had my 2nd scan today. They couldn't find my right ovary again, but they did find at least 12 folicles from 9.7-13mms. They said they won't do EPU until they're at least 18mm. So it won't be Friday, but it will mean a trip to the Sydney clinic anyway as Gosford won't be open over Easter.

Anyway, my boss gave me today off (I'm so lucky to have such a caring boss) so I'm spending the rest of the day catching up on housework & resting.

Hope there's lots of easter eggs for all, for amazing christmas pressies!!!

Some good news to report, just spoke to the clinic and seven of our eggs have fertilised So am feeling a little bit better about everything now. Next contact with the clinic is Friday to give me an update on our little embryos

Thats fantastic BecD Congratulations................................... .....see........all is good....go with the flow I say.
    Lets us all know what you hear on Friday wont you?

I am driving myself mad at the moment on this 2ww...I have BT on Tuesday and now this afternoon have started to get period like pains...Im not due until Saturday and usually get these kind of pains AFTER I get AF....so not sure whats going on......hope the wicked witch stays away!

Bec - Congrats!!!
    Carla - Here's hoping that your cramps are just nerves and it's nothing to worry about.
    TL - Although it's not great, it's kinda a relief when you receive a reason for why things are not going your way. Wishing you all the best with your FS tomorrow!

I got 'that' call from the nurse this afternoon telling me that I need to go to Sydney tomorrow to see FS as they're concerned about my BT results. My estrogen levels were at 5000 on Monday & now 10,000 today. They're concerned @ the size of my follicles & I'm borderline OHSS... I have no idea what to expect.....

Lou, I would say your FS will want to do another BT to check your levels again tomorrow - they will want to be monitoring you closely at this point to check if your E2 goes any higher and how much it changes again. They may think about reducing your dose of FSH, or possibly look at other drugs that can help with your high E2 levels. I'm really pleased that your follicles are growing well, just have to get them growing to that 18mm without more E2! Please drink lots and lots of water, or even sports drinks. It's the best thing you can do to try and avoid OHSS. That, and rest up rather than being active. I hope it goes well in Sydney, hun. Good luck, and I'll be thinking of you

Bec - congratulations! That's such good news! Go embies!!! What a great fertilisation rate hun. Good luck in the next couple of days - grow embies! Looking forward to hearing wonderful things on Friday!

Carla, hang in there, hun. The TWW is the pits and you're doing really really well. You mentioned Crinone - I think that's what you're on, not the pessaries?? - the Crinone can give you AF-like cramps - it's pretty normal for that to happen. Cramping is also a sign in early pregnancy for some women, especially around implantation time (anywhere between about day 6 and 12 after O). So there is a number of reasons why you could be cramping at the moment, all of them really really hopeful, but you'll do your head in if you try to figure out or know which one it is. It's just so hard to tell. The best thing is just to look at the cramping as relatively normal at the moment, and wait to see how things go leading to Saturday. It sounds like making it to Saturday is the first thing to think about. That's what I always do - make it to the day AF is due. Just got to set yourself small targets to get to instead of just trying to hang out until BT day. No AF. That's the thing that's the most important sign at the moment. I hope you're doing ok, and I have so much hope for you! I'll look forward to hearing great news on Saturday that AF has not arrived!!

AF arrived for me today, so I'll be in for a scan with FS to see if I'm producing a follicle for a natural FET late next week. It's good to get past the last unsuccessful cycle properly now and be on to the new one, last chance before we leave in 4 weeks today! So it's all positive for us now - new cycle and new hope and big move coming up.

Hope everyone is doing ok - hugs to you all,

Miss C

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the long weekend.

Miss C its good to hear that AF has arrived and now you can focus on the next cycle. What an exciting time you have ahead of you with moving to the UK also. Lots of to you that there will be 3 of you moving over there

Lou I haven't experienced that problem before so I'm probably not much help. But as Miss C said, drink lots of water as I hear that helps. I hope it all goes well for you

Carla, I know how much that TWW can do your head in. Just keep the faith, every day is one day closer. I am hoping that I will be joining the TWW next week

Bec that is amazing news about how many eggs have fertilised! Let us know tomorrow how many lovely embies you have, lets hope it is 7!

TL its good to hear that everything went well with your Lap. Let us know how you go with you appointment today.

Well, I had my second scan today to see if my ovaries had come up with anything after raising my puregon injections on Monday. I'm happy to say that we are almost there I have got 2 follicles, 1 around 12mm and the other around 13mm. So they are not big enough yet to say that they will definitely mature, but at least something is happening. So another couple of days on the Puregon and then a scan on Saturday morning. Should be last scan for this cycle. So hopefully we will trigger this weekend and early next week I can join the TWW (hopefully for the last time). I know this probably goes without saying, but I really want this to work. It would be perfect if we didn't have to make that next step to IVF. However, we watched the DVD from MIVF last night and it was really informative and took a bit of the scariness away.

Well, I'll let you all know how we go on Saturday.

Have a great weekend.

Janie xxx

Thanks Janie..Im sure you will be joining us before oyu know it!!! Welcome to the looney bin I say!!!

Miss C....thankyou for your kinds words. Yes I does do your head in BAD!!!
    I was on Crinone last time but this time Im on pesseries at night. Still have the dull pains...boobs are sore but not as sore I think they should be if I was pregnant....i would think they would be alot more sorer..i feel heavy in my tummy and it kinds feels like a burning feeling but very slight. Not sure but I am tired of trying to figure this one out. God i hope AF stays away. I also keep getting sharp apngs here and there in my boobs...weird but i dont think thats a sign I think my body is just playing silly buggas with me!!!

How is everyone else doing today???

Just a bit of a selfish post for now... im having a really bad day!

Is it possible for the puregon injections to affect your mood? I am feeling so emotional today about everything and everyone. I just feel like crying and crying. But for stupid petty things. Is it just me or can i get away with blaming it on the meds??!!

Hey Paula....
    I think your allowed to be having one of those days and yes I will put money on it that it has alot to do with the meds....your whole world feels like it is crashing down on you and for me it feels like..no one in the world really gives a dam and your going through allt his and no one cares.....BUT THEY DO....
    You will be very fragile.....'fraggle rock' as my DH calls it.......the meds yu take are pure hormones.....no wonder you feel a little (or alot) crazy........try and take a deep breath and think good thoughts ok......you have to try and zone out from alot of things around you..hard as it may be and sometimes I should probably take my own advice but thats all you can do....crying will only make you more stressed........you need to be kind to yourself...
    We are all here if you need to take and yell.........I dont mind you yelling at me....maybe then it will take my mind off my 2ww trying to help you!!

Default Underway

Ok so now the endo is gone and we have seen the FS today we will start a long cycle on day 21 with today being day one (Yes AF arrived about 11) we are underway with only 20 days to go until we are in cycle.

Sorry for lack of personals but a bit cloudy in the head will catch up over the weekend

Thanks Carla, you nearly made me cry again...haha See i feel like laughing and crying at the same time... The weird thing is that im not feeling emotional about the whole TTC journey its really about nothing or silly things.. Oh well, shall see if tomorrow is a better day. Or maybe i just need a big hug from DH.

Paula

I was the same on puregon. I would as soon as murder you and then cry over it.
    I asked nurse and she said it was the drugs. This helped me a little with the moods. Knowing whatwas causing them, i though i was justgoing insane.

Thanks Saph.. its good to know that the meds have something to do with it and its not just me..

Well im not sure if ill be back in here till Tuesday so have a wonderful Easter everyone!!

Hi Everyone
    Just popping in to say I hope you all have a safe & happy easter break!
    Have been staying away a bit as a means of focusing on other areas of my life (instead of concentrating on TTC). It has been great.
    It sounds like you are all going well.
    TL - glad to hear your lap, etc went well & you are able to start very soon.
    Paula - I completely relate to how emotional you get while taking puregon. I was an absolute wreck & am completely grateful to everyone around me for their support & understanding at those times. I must have seemed like a bit of a freak to most!
    Carla - hope your TWW turns out positively for you.
    Miss C - sorry to hear of the BFN. So glad that you have one more try before you head off OS. You are always inspirational.
    Everyone else, have a great weekend!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast