Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Great news, Summer! When's the appointment date?

I'm still grumping about the place after my encounter with the evil clinic nurse from hell - what sort of person tells you it's certainly not normal to have this bleeding, then tells you it could continue indefinitely and then tries to say DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT?!! gah!

BW

Summer

so glad you finally got your appointment date - isn't it awesome to get something sooner than you were expecting? my initial FS appt was going to be late Jan to early Feb if i went to his office in the city to see him - but he runs a clinic only 20k's from home - and i got an appointment there within 3 weeks!

BW - sorry you're not getting some decent info about what's going on with you - hang in there!

As for me, i guess i'm playing my own little waiting game - have BT's on 31st of Jan to see if the synarel is working the way it should - all going well, i'll be starting injections at the start of feb - til then, i gotta stay positive! have decided with everything going on at work that i'll just turn up and do my job - and look forward tot he end of the day - i used to want to go further and do more, but not any more - i take each day an hour at a time - and look forward to my days off!

hope you all had a great weekend - and remember - only three more days til australia day (and another long weekend for most of us!)

Summer - that is so fantastic that you have an appt so soon! Waiting is by far the hardest part of this ttc ordeal I think.

BW - I hope the bleeding settles down for you. If all else fails, you only have about 2 weeks before you see your FS again. I hope it has well and truly stopped by then though! As far as clinic nurses go, I'm fast learning that they are just like all other people - you like some of them better than others! I have a favourite nurse already, her name is Paula and she's fantastic. Hope you find that there are a lot of nurses at your clinic that you like and feel comfortable and the evil chick was a one off

BG - I think your strategy for work is a good one. I'm kinda doing the same thing at the moment, taking every day as it comes and not getting too far ahead of myself. I hope things at work settle down for you again.

Well, I just wanted to share my good news with you - got today's b/t results back and it's all looking much better! I didn't ask for exact figures (I don't need any more ammo in the stress department!) but my nurse said everything is looking good and that my new dose 'is working for me' so that can only be good I think! I have another b/t and an u/sound on Wednesday. Very nervous about the u/sound - please, PLEASE let me have lots of nice big follies growing in there!

Well I'm off to jab myself again. Talk to you all later.

Willow - that's great news - i'm so happy that the meds are working the way they're supposed to - i'm being a bit of a stalker and keeping an eye on your progress - you're running only a couple of weeks ahead of me, so as much as it would be nice to have someone going through this at the same time, at least i know i have someone to look to!

Good luck for wednesday - and as hard as it is, try to relax a little - there's nothing else you can do at this point!

Willow, that's fantastic news! Like BG, I'm following your progress eagerly, as I'm probably not going to be too far behind you. How do the side effects of the injections rate?

I have a plan with the bleeding... anything up to a week, I can cope, and shall consider it AF (and be thankful it's light, and very little in the way of cramping), anything over a week and I'll call the clinic again and maybe even try crying on someone to get some answers as to how to make it stop! By then, I think I will be in tears and stressed out of my head again if it's still going!

BW

Hi All

After lurking for a week or so I thought that I should come out of the cupboard as this is where I now well and truly belong

I haven't been on BB for a while because of a rather unfortunate DIY injury where I broke most of the bones in my right hand and while DP installed voice recognition software on the computer I lost my patience with it so had a break from all computers for a while. Back now though.

DP and I start ICSI in May this year. I would love to start sooner but I am doing a course at uni which will expose me to some mutagenic substances which I wouldn't be happy about being exposed to while pregnant.

Our TTC journey has been about 4 years long now with a short break about 18 months ago because it was doing my head in. Turns out that my initial diagnosis of severe PCOS was wrong and there is actually nothing wrong with me (although I could probably loose a few kg's) but DP's little soldiers are as lazy as all buggery so ICSI is our only real option. Now we hopefully have all the answers we need (have been seeing FS for about 12 months) and it is all systems go once I get this bit of my course over with.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Taff

HI Taffy - and welcome! firstly - a huge OUCH for the broken bones in your hand - that can't have been good.

sounds like you have a decent plan in order - so sorry you have to go through IVF, but at least you know where you're at with everything. good luck with getting through the uni stuff

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

I've been reading for a bit too, and would like to get to know everyone a little better as I'm going through ICSI myself and it's pretty lonely.

Had the egg collection this morning - 8 eggs. 12 last time. Fingers crossed some will Transfer on Friday.

I went for acupuncture yesterday and am really hoping that it will do the trick for

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had bad experiences on other sites, people can be so awful. Also, since when was it a competition??? I didn't realise that I wasn't able to feel angry, sorry for myself or frustrated if someone else has been on this journey for longer than me! How we feel is so personal and is based on our own values and belief systems, not some mean and nasty strangers! So to all of you who have had the misfortune of running into some negative spaces, feel better! It's almost certainly them and not you!

Take care everyone, I shall be reading this more often from now on and look forward to joining in.

Welcome Alex

i agree, this whole TTC journey isn't about being ocmpetitive - everyone has been through a struggle in one way or another, and it's al deeply personal - there's no need to say that what one person has been through is any easier or harder than what someone else has been through.

good luck with the IVF - i am sending you lots of baby dust in the hopes that you end up with some nice little embies to transfer on Friday!!

Welcome Taffy and Alex, i hope your stay here is a short one!!

Hi Alex - I'm going to acupuncture tomorrow too (not to Kaye though) and soooo looking forward to it. Helped so much with my stress levels last week, if nothing else. I'm praying you have success this cycle!

Welcome taff! A lot of us are new here in this thread too so you picked a great time to join in!

Thought I'd come in and give you an update. I wanted to talk to the nurses and get their interpretation of my results before posting, because again, I was a bit stressed about them.

My b/t was good, levels have come up again. So much so that they've cut my dose back again so that's good i guess. I am however, pretty disappointed with the number of follies we saw today. I have 8, all are good size so that's a bonus. I guess I'm never going to get the numbers that girls with two healthy ovaries get, because I only have one (I only have a very small part of my left ovary remaining after my surgeries and it pretty much does not function, so we probably did well to get the one follie on that side we have).

Trying to stay positive, but am disappointed :frown:

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Willow my love,

I have never had more than 10 follies and never collected more than 10 eggs in any given cycle, in all 5 stim cycles. I actually usually only got 6 or 7! But I got good fertilisation! In fact, most clinics aim for 8-10 eggs only, so as to avoid OHSS. You've done well, chicky, for someone with one "healthy ovary"! WTG!

Awww sushee, THANK YOU so much for posting that. All day I've been reading about people getting like 24 follies (even one lady who ended up with 28 frosties :eek and all my girlfriends who've done IVF have had over 10 (but one always overstimulates and the other ended up in hospital with OHSS after her stim cycle) and I've been feeling like a loser all day!I should know by now to stay off other sites and stick with BB.

I just pray that like you, I get really good fertilisation and then it doesn't matter. I've got to remember it's quality, not quantity.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My pleasure Willow And trust me if they thought you were producing 20+ follies, they'd be cutting back your meds quick smart!

Willow - i'm so glad Sushee's advice has made you feel better about where you're at. i know it's nature to compare our own situations with other people, but everyone is different, and you have to look at the positives - you have follies - whether a fwe or a lot, the meds are obviously working - so you're on your way! good luck with i all - i'll be stalking you to see how you go!

Hi Ladies sorry ive been in and out but really feeling too tired this week to do much more than post - i know ive been very slak.

I really had to post to tell willow that when i went for my scan several mths ago my FS told me i had about 7 -10 good size follies and when i finally had EPU thay got 17!!(go figure!) so dont worry what ever you get above 1 is great. and having too many is so painful, not to mention i ended up with an infection from all the podding and poking.

I hope you get just what you want, and that you get some frosties too.

welcome to Alex and taffy

Megan - how are things going and where is other Megan?

BG - hows your cycle progressing?

As for me i had my scan today and as i guessed my body id not really doing too much, im getting ready for a natural TF and always have been on HRT b4 but FS said i should start OPK's on Monday and if nothing has happened go for another scan on Friday 02/02/06, never done a natural cycle b4 so its a bit daunting really - and doesnt feel like im doing anything at all. if its another no go then i will be taking my old clinic up with their free bee cycle

good luck xx

Lou - Thank you for your post, I'm feeling much more encouraged now than I was a few hours ago! I really hope your natural cycle starts happening soon, must be frustrating waiting for things to get underway. I look forward to seeing how it all works out - good luck sweetie! Hope things at work have improved too.

I just wanted to say thank you ALL so much for your support and encouragement. What the hell would I do without my BB girls?

loula- so sorry to hear that your body is misbehaving. it wold be great for you to be able to do a natural TF! it's always hard to feel like you're not actively doing anything - but it's only another week or so...

as for me - my cycle is going ok (i hope!) - i have been on synarel for a week now and have survived so far. i have BT next wednesday, then off to FS (or his nurse) on Thursday to pick up the injectables - i know what you mean about feeling like you're doing nothing - as much as i know the nasal spray is an important step, i feel like i've been doing nothing for so long (last clomid cycle was back early november - no O, no AF since then) - i just want to be actively working at this!!! only eight more days... i really need to go and organise a ticker or something - but i'm trying so hard not to count down - i'll either fret big time about things, get over-excited, or get WAY too stressed - at this stage, it's just one day at a time...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast