Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception Aug-Sep 2010

Talking Fertilisation :(

Hi Lovely ladies

Well this morning I got the call from the nurse and was pretty disappointed with the results although I shouldn't complain because we still have some - out of the 15 though we only got 7, oh and one that they are not sure about but said dont hold out for that one because usually they dont catch up. Its one more than we got last cycle though and hopefully being an antagonist cycle will be better quality too - have to hold onto hope anyway. Transfer is on Sunday so 4 day transfer and hopefully we will be putting two back.

fatgirlslim and ehm ~ good luck tomorrow - will be thinking of you with

Trishy - hope you got really great fertilisation results! FX they grow nicely over next couple of days!

Nicolah ~ good luck tomorrow with the scan. FX for great results!!

Frugal ~ hope things are going better for you now - hugs and goodluck hun

Alice ~ welcome back - sorry it couldnt be under better circumstances. Feel free to stay in here as we've all been going through similar journeys and can probably still provide support to oneanother - ive certainly liked chatting to everyone in here and lovin the support and encouragement xo Take care for now and I hope you can have another go fairly soon - I know how hard it all is though particularly after a few BFN's, its def been taking a toll on me. Its hard to think about what we will do next if this doesnt work - very tough decisions ahead if thats the case.

SpringLola, Saffy, Terry, Kaybee, Kass, Nightwalker, Kristine ~ hi and hope you are all doing well, and to anyone I may have missed. Sending out lots of to all!! Thanks again for all the support and encouragement xoxo

Hi girls,

Loops- sorry you are disappointed, I hope the embies that fertilised are big strong healthy ones that will go all the way ( thats if you want 7 kids lol). Best of luck for Sunday with your transfer xx

Alice- hi gorgeous, you are more than welcome to post in here, lots of people (ie me) hang around even when they are between cycles, waiting for cycles etc, so post away the more the merrier ( maybe not merry but you know...)xxx

Springlola- I must be sniffing in sympathy as I have had hayfever or allergies for the past few days. Don't worry when I am injecting myself 2 or 3 times a day you will get the last laugh hehe! We are nearly there, in 2 weeks time we will be seeing big juicy follies on the ultrasound screen, what time is yours? I think mine is 8.45.

Nicoleh- good luck for scan today

Fatgirlslim and Ehm- for EPU

Hi everyone else I missed ( too many to count) babydust to all xxx

3 eggs

FFS.

Good afternoon ladies

Fatgirlslim ~ Im sorry that you are with your EPU, 3 is at least some hun, they are all really good quality Good luck hun

Saffy ~ thanks sweetie. that you have some really nice follies growing there too and all the best for your scan and EPU, will be thinking of you and

Hope everyone else is well - hugs. Im just hanging out until Sunday - thought about ringing nurse today with some q's mainly about how they are going but then again I dont think I wanna know - just hoping for the best. Its a very stressful time and I think I will be able to relax a bit more after Sunday actually.

Just dropping in quickly to say that it all went smoothly today, and we got 11 eggs! Yay! Am hoping for some more goods news tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that at least one is good enough to grow up to blastie stage.....

had my transfer today. transfered 2 2day embies and letting the others grow to day 5

Hi Girls

loops - hope those 7 are strong little monkeys! It is stressful waiting to get the call (my centre phones every other day with the numbers) and in the past mine have all dropped off and I have been lucky each time to have one to transfer. All the best with the transfer on Sunday - are you getting one of two put back?

fatslimgirl - hugs hun, this is such a damn frustrating process. I hope the 3 that they got all fertalise and you get your transfer, you are in my thoughts

saffy - good luck for nice healthy follies (grow eggies grow!)

ehm - glad your epu went well

trishy - good luck with your transfer, sticky vibes your way. (I have never heard of 2 day transfer before - is it common?)

I had my scan this morning and the eggs have grown and FS is happy to do EPU Monday. At the moment she is still seeing about 9-10 so I am hoping I don't get the 23 eggs that I usually wake up to hear they got. However I am already worrying that if we get say 9 eggs what the fertilisation will be like cos in the past my numbers have dropped off in a big way - I do not mean to whinge but it feels like the problems you can run into are neverending and this is total a what if? game. For some reason I have to do 2 trigger shots Saturday night and FS has me starting 100mg aspirin the day after egg pick up (have never done this before) anyone here taken aspirin?

everyone take care

ehm ~ awesome about the 11 - good luck for fertilisation tomorrow, Fingers X'd. Im sure you will get a couple at least out of that.

Trishy ~ GL in the TWW, hope you get a BFP at the end hun, FX! Also hope those others make it to blastie and to the freezer.

nicoleh ~ thanks hun, yeh as I said above I dont think I want to know anyway because I also tend to lose all of them and I have only ever had one good enough to transfer and none to freeze. Mind you this is the 1st antagonist Ive done. I'm thinking maybe no news is good news - well im hoping anyway. If we have 2 that are good enough we will be transferring 2 this time.
    I agree hun its very stressful and a big what if all the time. Never heard of the asprin but I guess they know what they are doing maybe its the same as having asprin before an interview - apparently it supposedly calms the nerves. Goodluck, FX for you.

for us all xo

Nicole: Apsprin thins the blood I have heard of some docs trying it alone with patients before sending them to fs. It sounds odd but after all the things we try lol nothing seems odd anymore
    Loops: Gl hun fx'd and keep me updated. I said I wasn't going to call last time but ended up calling every morning to get an update I just couldn't help myself it's sort of weird waiting to do fet as there are no drugs to worry about and no waiting for eggs just have to pee on a stick get a smiley face go for bt then hope our little 5 day emby defrosts and is a strong one. Been thinking bout you all day and I hope you get two to put back in. Kick back and relax and have a nice bath the night before. Everything is different this time chick different fs, different type of cycle and different results and this time I am sure you'll get that bfp
    gl everyone else waiting and jabbing etc I sort of feel wierd being in limbo after all the drug cycles and no stress this time has been good though and we are going into this cycle with a positive head and my body actually had a normal af for the first time in a year or two since before all the fertility treatments so hopefully it means my body is willing to cooperate

Nic Melb IVF does 2 day transfers. Well my FS does.

Got our fertilisation results and they weren't so great. Apparently only 5 of the 11 eggs were mature enough to fertilise, and only 3 have fertilised normally. I hope at least one of these hangs in there for a transfer on Monday

Not sure what's going on with so many immature eggs - need to discuss this with the FS........

fatgirlslim - I hope you had some good results today, and that you have three strong embies

Loops - Good luck for tomorrow! Hope it all goes well. The waiting is the hardest part...

Trishy - Congrats, and I hope those embies stick nice and tight. Hopefully I'll see you in the TWW soon.

nicoleh - Good luck for your EPU on Monday. The numbers can be really frustrating (as my results today just demonstrated) but in the end you only need one good one! I have heard of using aspirin, and it is used to thin the blood. Does your FS think there is an issue with clotting?

Saffy, Trueblue, Alice, Frugal - Hi and hope you are doing well. Sorry if I missed anyone.

True ~ thanks hun, you've been such a great friend through all this - luv ya xoxo

ehm ~ Sorry you're a bit sad. It was the same with me in a way even though I had a few more - I lost a lot with fertilisation. As long as we get 1 that is a sticky one at the end of the day hun, good luck, will have fingers crossed for you they divide and grow well xo

Hi all and thinking of you, GL and stickyvibes, babydust

ehm - Congrats on multiple, happy, healthy embies!

Trishy & Loops - sticky vibes to you!

Nicoleh - good luck for your EPU. Good numbers!

AFM - the FS aspirated 6 follies - only found 3 eggs. Got a phone call this morning saying all were injected ICSI - only one fertilised, so they'll do a transfer on Monday afternoon if it makes it to Monday.

Really quite gutted. I feel like I am always the one left behind - and even though it 'only takes one' - I am not feeling that hopeful.

Good luck to the rest of you.

L

Just quickly wanted to send some hugs and good luck wishes to those of you who are waiting for transfers. Sorry ehm and fatgirlslim that results weren't what you hoped for. I have my fingers crossed that you have a transfer with a great embie. I know it's been said before and you probably don't want to hear it again, but there are so many success stories out there from people who only had a few eggs and who went on to have a successfull result. Really hope this is going to be the one for you.
    Have all my fingers crossed!!!!
    Hi everyone else!

Hello ladies,

Sorry it's taken me a few days to catch up.

Tishy, good luck for your TWW, I hope it goes quickly for you with a lovely result at the end. Any news on how your other embies are going? Were they growing them to blast? Fingers crossed for you.

FatGirlSlim, good luck for Monday, I know what it's like to only have a few eggs to play with but it is true that you only need one good one so I hope it's waiting for you Monday ready to snuggle in tight for your TWW and beyond.

Ehm, good luck for you for Monday too - will you get another update before then? I hope they are all going strong. It's nerve-wracking waiting to find out.

Nicoleh, is your EPU on Monday too? Aspirin is used to thin your blood it can help with implantation. I've just been on Clexane, which is the same but stronger. I hope it all goes well for you and you get great eggs.

Trueblue, when does your ICSI cycle start or has it already started? Good to feel positive going into a cycle and that your body is doing things right, it gives you the best possible chance and here's hoping this cycle will be the one.

Loops, any news? When is your transfer? Wishing you all the best for this cycle, I hope it all goes smoothly and you get a great result.

Saffy, one more day until you start your injections! Very excited for you, really hoping this cycle is a sucess x

Thanks for welcoming me here, I was a feeling so lost the other day but starting to find my feet again. Been reading trashy novels and making cakes and it seems to be helping. Not doing too good with any personal interaction though - been fighting with my DH most of the day and whenever I speak to anyone else I just want to cry. I know it'll take time, just wish it was behind me but then don't know when our next chance will come. Sigh...anyway, wishing you all the best. I hate anyone else going through what we've been through, I hope you all get your BFPs and can move on into a happier place very soon.

Hey Ladies,

Hi Alice - I'm sorry it's still not working out for you mate. Friend and family advice to just forget about it is so so so unhelpful. Longing for a child of your own is so much more than a fleeting wish. I hope yours comes true really soon xo

Loops - will be sending lots of your way for tomorrow. Hope all goes smoothly

Trishy - hope your little ones are making themselves nice and snuggly in there. Ahhh, now for that TWW.

Nic - hope you get some nice ripe ones on Monday. My FS has talked about aspirin before. It's for clotting disorders and some other things - that I can't remember right now so I'm no help! I know how you feel about the neverending problems. Even someone like you who gets billions of eggs each time (I'm allowed to exaggerate) still isn't guaranteed of anything. I really hope they've gotten it sorted this time for you.

Trueblue - when are you doing your FET? I'm in a similar boat to you I think. This is the first time I'm doing a natural cycle - with no drugs or hormones or anything. Just a few blood tests then they pop in the emby. As we know there are still hurdles to jump - hope it thaws and continues to grow and obviously that it then implants. But all in all, it's a pretty simple cycle (so far). We could be TWWing together

ehm - So sorry your fertilisation hasn't gone as well as you'd hoped. I'll be praying that you get a good one to tranfer and that IT IS THE ONE

FGSlim - You must be just holding your breath for Monday to come. I'm crossing everything for you!

AFM - My biopsy came back all clear and FS said that I either have something wrong with me that is not yet known to man, OR that I just have really ****ty luck. So, we're going to press on and do a FET this cycle. That old familiar rollercoaster of emotions has started already. I'm so excited to be getting started. I am bracing myself already for the big low after this initial exciting high.

I know I have forgotten lots of people but am sending out there for all

kaybee: I start peeing on a stick on monday (day11) then should be doing FET on the 25th... yes I know what yoiu mean it may be so simple but there's still the worry of will it defrost will it grow will it implant and will it stick..
    Goodluck everyone else
    Loops: hugs hun you've been there for me almost more lol it's good to have someone to message and ask if its normal lol..youve been a big help to me too hugs xxxxxxxxx

True - I'm day 11 on monday too. We're in sync

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast