Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

Hi guys,
    Thanks to Keli, Porsche, N2L & Tammara on the IVF thing. I already have a police check I think becasue I had to get one for Teaching registration earlier this year, so I might not have to do another. I might even go and get that started tomorrow, just in case!
    Porsche- HOW EXCITING!!!! Sending you every type of good vibe I can! KUP
    N2L: Thanks for the info on adenomyosis. After my last m/c, the u/s report suggested possible adenomyosis, and given how painful my AF is, I think it's at least a possibility. Yet another thing on my list to ask FS about!! GL catching that egg too!
    Liz- sorry AF is so painful, but with some luck it might be the last one for a while! Eyes on the prize, hon!
    Shan- welcome back! Sorry to here AF is still MIA, hope she turns up soon. IKWYM about BC. When I first started dating my husband his mum sat me down and talked to me about unwanted pregnancies and how I shouls make sure it doesn't happened to me! awkward much?! I think about it now: UNWANTED pregnancies!! All that wasted money on things to stop me getting UTD! hehe
    Jules- Hope you are ok, and that this cycle is looking promising. GL getting that natural pregnancy!

Hi to everyone else, I can guarantee I've missed someone, so I'm really sorry and I promise I'll catch you next time!

AFM: Getting ready for a super busy weekend, and expecting to o sometime soon. I'm actually glad I haven't o'd yet, I am going out for drinks with friends for my b'day tomorrow night! Still no sign of o, but my OPK lines are getting darker, so at least I haven't missed it! CD23 is the latest I've ever o'd, so we're looking for a record this mnth. I'm so excited that it's on 9 days untill I go to my new FS! I can't wait! I'm feeling positive and energised at the moment, so hopefully things will move forward for a change!!

Have a great weekend, I may not be in much, I plan on crisscrossing the state a number of times to see all of my friends newborn babies!

Bec

Hi Bec,
    Not a problem re: the info on adenomyosis. Happy to be able to help! It makes a nice change from asking questions all the time
    I just had a look at the MelbourneIVF Police Check handout. It says -
    "In accordance with the new ART Act 2008, both partners are required to provide Melbourne IVF with an original Criminal Record Check in order to commence ART...Criminal record checks must be dated within 12 months of treatment commencement."
    Also...
    Apparently you need a Child Protection Order Check. You have to download it from the Vic DHS website, fill it out, then fill out the Melbourne IVF "consent to authorise Melbourne IVF to Request Child Protection Order Check form" from their website. Then return both to Melbourne IVF and they will send it off. DHS then send it back to MIVF directly. Sorry, doesnt say how long this takes.
    Seems like a lot but I reckon more people generally should have to go through this before being allowed to reproduce. IYKWIM.
    Hope this helps cut the process back timewise.

n2l

thanks

It's funny, I know exactly what some of you have said about wishing you had of had an unexpected pregnancy! I have often thought to myself, if only I hadn't spent all that time worrying about not getting pregnant before... I was so glad when my husband and I got married and we had "done it the old fashioned way" and gotten married before children. I thought about all the girls I went to highschool with that were single mothers or just had a baby before they &/or their partners thought they were ready, at the time I felt some sort of victory, that I had navigated through the unchartered waters of the teens and early twenties and now, I am just envious of them! Not that I would trade my husband in any way!!

Similar to Bec, my husband's grandparents (who were more like his parents) were the ones that told him "they didn't want the pitter patter of tiny feet and to make sure I was on the pill" when we'd only been dating a few weeks! I can't help but think of the "what ifs" of if we had ignored them...

I really hope that those little guys stick for you Porsche!!

Pumpgirl - you were so lucky, second go! Nice work to you and hubby!! Do you know anything about the pregnancy yet? Do you know if there are one or two?? I get a little over excited when I hear someone is pregnant. I always want to know all the who, what, when, where and hows!! I swear it is never TMI for me. Some of my friends just think I'm crazy, but I'm kinda just like that about everything, not just babies...

Also curious about dry CM, I have heard that is a common problem, how do you all combat that? Other than the obvious possible discomfort issues, if it's dry it's got to be hard for the little guys to swim, I kinda just imagine them all flipping around on dry river banks like fish out of water!! Pumpgirl, you managed to conceive still, did you do anything to help, or did they manage to find their way on their own? That's if you don't mind sharing!!??

Also too, I have been told so many different things that I'm curious as to what you guys think. Should I be "resting" after a work out on the "work bench" as n2l so eloquently put it? Are there any other "tips" that anyone has? I just wonder sometimes if maybe there is some mystic secret out there that someone forgot to tell me!!

Mel

hi wannababy

In answer to your CM question, I dont think I have had that problem as such but I did read on other message boards somewhere or other that some women take Robitussen to help (ie cough medicine). I asked my FS about this on Wednesday and, in her words, "it's crap". I think if it makes you feel better though (ie. like you are doing something to assist) go for it. It certainly wont hurt!
    I also asked about the lying still, legs up in the air bit. She said it makes no difference. I guess it makes sense when you think about how many millions of the little swimmers there are. In the few seconds after they are released (IYKWIM) a fair few of them MUST make it to where they are meant to be. And, even though it doesnt seem like it to us sometimes, it takes just one of the little buggers to do the job. That said, I am legs-in-the-air, pelvic muscles clenched tight for at least 10 mins after the job is done. LOL

n2l
    Last edited by nothing2lose; August 14th, 2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: bad grammar...grrr

Wannababy, thanks for the good laugh, I haven't thought about it like that before (workbench terminology), but I guess it is true.

Bec happy birthday and hope you are able to catch that little egg of yours.

Porsche that is exciting that you are PUPO and hopefully you won't need any of the other embrios. FX'd for you hun.

Sorry for a short one, but have to go and help DH finish of the draw unit for the back of the car. And talking of DH he almost had me in tears the other night (good ones). My DH reads the courier mail nearly everyday and during the week he read this blog from a guy about the whole assisted conception and LTTTC. My DH said for me to read it and OMG I was nearly bawling my eyes out. I looked at him and asked him if that is how he felt and he said yeah, the most of it yes. It was just so sweet, and thought yeah it was ture, with all the wonderful support that they give during the whole journey with finding out was is going on, to the testing and getting a BFN. I must say that my moods and everything must not be the most fun to put up with.
    Well I better stop babbling on, my cramps are getting better and not so often which is great. CD4 for me and clomid day 3, with nothing else to report until we go to the FS on tuesday for my U/S and first injection.
    Baby Vibes and Sticky Vibes to everyone

Hi Ladies

Liz - Thanks for air mailing AF out here, you could have kept the pains though, lol. Good luck with your FS appointment tomorrow.

Mel - if you find a mystic secret please pass it on,

Bec - Hope you had a great birthday, good luck catching that egg this month.

Porsche - Congrats on being PUPO, how those little embies are snuggling in. Nice avvy!

N2L - I agree about other people that should have to have the checks before reproducing, it is just a pity that the ones who son desperately want a baby are the only ones that haver to go through all of it.

Pumpgirl - How is everything travelling with you.

Rhi - How was the anniversery dinner? Hope you can get that natural pregnancy.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - Well AF finally arrived yesterday (thanks Liz). Have spent today with a heat pack and living on nurofen plus. Have struggled to get any work done due to pain, might have an early mark today. Start round 2 of clomid tonight (double dose) so will have to wait and see what the SE are this time. Could be interesting if the mood swings return this weekend as I am spending time with people that give me mood swings when I am not on drugs, lol. Appointment with Dr on Thursday so will have to wait and see what his next plan of attack is if the clomid doesn't start working.
    Went to a work seminar yesterday that had a bit about PCOS in it. Apparently some PCOS sufferers struggle to get to sleep at night and struggle to get going in the mornings, typical "I'm not a morning person" people. Just wondering if anyone else on here is like that, I thought it was the fibromyalgia and now it looks like it could be both things. Would be interested to see if this affects anyone else in this way.

Shan

Hi All,

Shan - I have been having a lot of trouble getting to sleep lately. I wondered if it was because of my PCOS, the drug ****tail I take, or just a combination of things. I think it's probably more likely because I wait till I am over-tired as I don't want to go to bed as that means that the good part of the day is over and I have to go to work in the morning!!

Porsche - When do you know if your bubs stuck??

AFM - I am terribly excited as AF arrived this afternoon all on her own, so I am CD1 today!! Woohoo! Seeing that my periods are almost non-existant, at this point, I still get excited as at least that means my body is trying to do something. This is only my second real period this year, the last one was 10 weeks ago. I have been trying to really watch my diet over the last few months, which was obviously enough to restart some sort of action in there as two periods in 10 weeks is impressive for me! I somehow feel empowered and glad when AF finally shows up, gives me a small sense of being "normal" and lets me know I am on track with looking after myself. I'm guessing now that I should get regular periods on Clomid, I may not be so enthused!!

Hi Ladies,

Wahoo to Shan & Mel on getting AF. I hope that she isn't too nasty!!

Shan - You made me laugh with your mood swings comment Some people bring out the best in us huh let alone add clomid into the pot! I hope you don't have too many SE this month (except the one that counts - falling PG)... Also, for your question, I don't have trouble getting to sleep or waking up... I am doing well thank you, I had my 7 week dating scan (which for me was really a check if there is a heart beat scan). It all went well, we saw the HB flicker on the screen and he / she was thumping nicely at 148bpm which I believe is a good solid number. Bubs looked so good, amazing how clear the ultrasounds are these days (what I didn't know is it would be an internal for the first one as it is so early). So am booked in for the 10 September for my 12 week scan (only 4 weeks and 3 days to wait).

Mel - Yes, I thank my angels every day that I was so lucky to get a BFP on the second month of clomid - I am not taking a thing for granted!! There is definitely only one in there (in the beginning I swore there was two as my HCG levels were high, but alas it was just one really healthy one). Still pray every night (to anyone that will listen to me) that this baby holds on tight and doesn't go anywhere. I am 7 weeks and 2 days today, and it is actually going really fast. I got my BFP at 4 weeks and 1 day. No symptoms at the time (in fact thought that month was definitely going to be a BFP) so in my eyes miracles do happen. DH had 0% morph and I have PCOS. Although I think it is fairly mild compared to what some of the others have (I have irregular periods but only between 29 - 37 days). I was ovulating I think before but not enough to fall PG, my only other symptoms are pimples and cysts on the ovaries - not overweight and absorb glucos OK). I have been pretty healthy for a long time though so not sure if this has had an affect on my symptoms - am a fitness instructor (exercise 6 out of the 7 days - not at the mo though) and have been on a Low GI diet since 2005 (well before I was diagnosed with PCOS). As for how we fell pregnant... Well, we took the approach of DTD every two days throughout the month as I didn't know when I ovulated, I didn't track my cycle or anything like that (only when AF came). So had no real idea when I o'd. But I think every two days was safe for us with DH's Morph results... Also, the others would have heard me spruiking Kakadu juice - I really think this had something to do with it... I hope this answers your questions hun. GL with this cycle Oh, and to your CM question, we just had to add extra FP in before we got in, DH often said it was like getting in to fort knox, but we got there without any assistance, but some of the others have used preseed. I think drinking heaps of water helps... I was worried being dry would mean we wouldn't fall PG but we did so I wouldn't worry about that... Also, sort of like n2l I didn't get up straight away, I would stay in bed for 20 mins after DTD.

Bec - I hope you had a wonderful birthday and DH spoilt you rotten, how is this month going - do you think you have o'd? GL with catching the egg - I so so so hope this is your month!! GL with the new FS appointment, when do you see her again?

Kris - how did you go with your prog test this month hun??? How are you feeling?

Keli - How are you feeling hun? Has the MS completely stopped?

Liz - How is your cycle - any side effects this month?

Porsche - when do you test? I have everything crossed... How do you feel??

n2l - how are you going babe?

Jules - How are you feeling this month? FX you get a BFP on your natural cycle!!

OK, I know I am missing people, sorry if I am... I am waiting with baited breath for another round of BFP's this month and to the girls who are just staring their cycle, GL on catching the egg this month.
    Last edited by redgum; August 16th, 2010 at 05:32 PM.

Hi Ladies

Been busy in here tonight. I have a BT on the 28th but I won't get the results until the 30th as the 28th is a Saturday. But I will POAS lol. I'm feeling crampy today. Tammara if your lurking is that normal?

Hi girls!

Thanks for the best wishes for my b'day, I've had a lovely evening after a shocking day at a very boring maths conference today!
    Shan & Mel: SO glad AF turned up for you! Now the fun begins.
    Pumpgirl: so glad the scan went well. Congrats on getting this far!
    Liz: GL for your appointment tomorrow. Hope all goes well!
    Jules: How are you travelling? Hope all is well!
    Porsche: How are you feeling? Hope the new jabs aren't too bad. What do you take now?

Hi everyone else!! Looks like we're all heading into 2WW times together!

AFM: STILL nothing to report. Haven't o'd yet (I hope, otheriwse we may have missed it) but judging by no o pains and no EWCM, it's looking like it's still to come. I'm a bit over waiting!! I enjoyed my weekend holding some very small newborn babies and it was nice thinking about holding another one of my own sometime. I'm looking forward to seeing some BFP's from you ladies soon, you're all so deserving of it!

I will have to update the list for Shan & Mel, so I'll post it soon!

Bec

MONDAY 16th AUGUST

Reet CD31
    Porsche CD27 PUPO!!
    Becnxavi CD26
    Miss Kris CD26
    Nothing2lose CD22
    RhiChiChi CD19
    Clamgee CD11
    Epayne CD6
    Shanshan CD2
    Wannababymamma CD1
    Risris (waiting for AF)
    BumbumG ?

Graduates of this thread this year: MezMoz, Tammara, Keli, Ahurani, Pumpgirl & Hope!

Shan, I am so glad AF has showed up for you, but so so sorry that my cramps went with her. big hugs for you. Nurofen was my best friend as well this cycle. Oh and on the sleeping thing, it really depends on whether I am tired or not but it usually takes me about 1/2 hr to get to sleep, and I am so NOT a morning person.

WBM congrats on AF arriving by herself, that is so exciting, FX'd that you don't have too bad, or any SE from the clomid.

Pumpgirl, how exciting is that, hearing your baby's HB, it must have been the best feeling to hear that little heart beating. And you are so right, they are just so precious, and I think going through everything we have to just to fall PG just makes that even more so.

Porsche, that is soo cool, so within 2 weeks you will know if you are UTD. I have everything crossed for you to have a sticky bub. And about the cramps, my sister went through IVF this time last year and she said that she had a little cramping and it could be just the egg implating.

Bec, glad to hear that you had a lovely evening for your birthday. hopefully you o soon and you catch that little egg.

AFM, AF has finished, which I think tat is good, as I have my FS tomorrow morning and I have to have an ultrasound (which guessing it will be an internal) and I don;t think still having AF is a good thing. I had not many SE this time with the clomid, which I think DH was more relieved than I was (psycho me never showed). Just a few hot flushes which were maintainable. Well that's it for now, I am a little anxious about starting the injections tomorrow morning. FX'd DH can manage to do them for me.

Babydust and Stickyvibes to everyone.
    Last edited by lilminion; August 16th, 2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Hi Bec

I honestly dont remember if i was crampy or not but also i didnt go through the egg retrieval so i would say it is probably normal due the the procedure. The nurse also told me that you may still get some bleeding and still be preg so maybe you are getting like a minni AF???? i think i tested myself 10 days after transfer and came positive

Hi all,
    I hope everyone had a great weekend and is totally relaxed ready for another week of temping, bd-ing, charting and waiting (i think that's everything covered!!!)
    I had planned on doing the "persie" thing but I am so knackered. So I am really sorry that I am going to be general this time around. I spent half the day at the paediatrician with my DD who has just been diagnosed with ADHD and Tourettes syndrome. It's okay. She's great. Just tiring facing it all I guess. That and the whole TTC thing AND work AND trying to have a decent relationship AND everything else...LOL sorry for the whinge. I'll shut up.

Sorry to hear some of you are suffering through cramps. I hate cramps. They truly can ruin your quality of life. I find mersyndol helps heaps. BUT it does knock you out. And dont take it if you are pg. I really hope you feel better soon.

WOO HOO Shan for saying PCOS is a reason for being a morning slacko. I am the world's worst getter-upper-er. I LOVE BED and now i have an excuse (other than laziness!!) WOO HOO

As for bleeding during pregnancy. I bled quite a bit throughout while having DD (I also had shocking cramps at time). Sometimes it was quite significant clotting (bigger than 50cent piece). It really freaked me out at the time and I went to the emergency room more than once in a panic. I remember early on the doctor said no sex until week 20 because I was having issues with placenta praevia (sorry, not sure of spelling). But, the good news is all was fine and almost nine years later she is here strong and healthy. So, while it's easy for me to say, try not to let it worry you too much. Just get plenty of rest and dont strain yourself doing anything. Above all, look after yourself.

AFM - CD Day 22. Realised today that I took clomid days 8-12. From what I have read most take it much earlier. Even my FS said 4-8 but then, when I told her where I was in my cycle she said, Let's just say it's Day 4 and start anyway. I am not sure what the implications of this are (if any). If anyone knows, I would love to hear.
    I think I ovulated on Saturday or maybe Sunday. I say "think" because I used the OPK and the dark line has appeared for the past 4 days. Not sure if this is normal and not sure when I ovulated (or if I even have!) I am thinking Sat/Sun because I had a lot of crampy pain and bd-ing was really painful (not from dryness - but a cramping pain in my ovaries). The cramps have gone now so I can only assume it was ovulation. Not sure why the OPK was a dark line again this morning though...It's too bloody confusing!
    Also felt nauseous today and my nipples are sore/sensitive. Not ridiculously so, but a definite change from normal. Now I know it is WAY too early for any early pg signs so it must be clomid based. Has anyone else experienced this??? It is probably just my head messing with me!
    Anyhoo, I am stuffed and still have heaps to do.
    Will try to be "personal" with everyone next time (sorry if that sounds creepy lol)
    take care all
    n2l
    Last edited by nothing2lose; August 16th, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Hi Ladies

Tammara - I'm on Progesterone pessaries and crinone and from what I understand they will hold AF at bay if and when she is due. I'm only 4dp3dt so way too eaarly for Af. I think the cramping is from the Pregnyl shot on Sunday night. I have another to do tomorrow night and then Sunday night So I guess we'll see what happens on Thursday.

I just wish I knew what to expect you know. If I knew then I wouldn't be questioning. My tummy is back to post op soreness. I was doing so well recovering I was fine tummy wise on Sunday just a little tender on my right overy if I pushed it but now it's like I've done some serious sit ups lol. I can't lie on my tummy cause that hurts. Sharp pulling and stretching pains. I was really sore yesterday but again that could be the pregnyl shot.

I'm just not feeling "normal". The nurses said recovery is better than a D&C. Well I vouch it isn't lol. For me anyway.

Hi everyone
    Thought I should elaborate on the PCOS thing I posted yesterday.
    Apparently some PCOS can be helped by altering diet and exercise patterns. Studies have shown that PCOS sufferers should exercise first thing in the morning and avoid all grains and added sugar (Actually everyone should do this to stay healthy).
    Don't know if this info interests any one else but thought I would put it out there as I personally am willing to try anything.

Pumpgirl - Glad to hear your scan went well, how exciting to hear your little ones heartbeat for the first time. The person that annoys me the most is my BIL GF, and unfortunately we stay with them when we go to Brisbane so there is no escaping her so if I get the same moods as last time on the clomid I will probably start a family war. Will have to do my walk away tactic I think.

N2L - Sorry to hear about your daughters diagnosis but luckily she has a wonderful mum who will help her through it.

Porsche - Sorry to hear that your feeling yucky, hopefully it is a good sign.

Liz - Hope your appointment went well this morning, how did DH go with jabbing you?

Bec - Hope O turns up soon and that you catch that egg. Thanks for updating the chart.

Mel - I know what you mean about taking forever to get to sleep, but as you can see from the info above we should be exercising and eating differently and this should help us get our sleeping patterns back to normal. Good luck with your first cycle of clomid, hope the SE aren't too bad.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - still feeling crappy so hopefully the pains will disappear before my afternoon classes (an hour with primary school kid's followed by an hour with the teenagers and then my adult class). No SE yet but it took a couple of days for them to kick in last cycle and then they hung around for a few weeks.

Shan

porsche if it puts your mind at rest my cousin was fine for a day or two then she got period like pain so maybe it is a delayed reaction. Keep in mind everyone reacts different to everything - who knows you might be feeling your bub start to stick into you for the long haul

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast