Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

N2L, sorry to hear about your DD diagnoses, like shan said, you are a wonderful mother and your love and support will be all she needs. As for the clomid, I'm not quite sure what effect it will have on you I always had mine on days 2-6, sorry. With the nipple being sore, I had that on my second round of clomid a week after I stopped taking them (sorry if it is TMI) but thought it might help.

Shan, hopefully your cramps calmed down for you this afternoon and you don;t have many more.

AFM my FS went well this morning, he said that my overies looked good to start which is exciting. So then we had to go and see the nurse and be shown how to do the injections. DH I must say was fantastic, cause their is no way I could have done the injection this morning (sook I know, but I couldn't). The injection itself wasn't bad at all, I only felt a small jab and that was it. It has only been after since I got to work I started having an ache in my tummy on the side of the injection. So for the next week I have to get DH to jab me daily and then go back to the FS next Tues for an U/S and see if the injection dosage was strong enough.
    FX'd to see some more BFP on here in the next week or so.

Last edited by lilminion; August 17th, 2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling :)

Hey all,

So sorry I haven't been in since last week. I have been pretty busy at home & work. I often pop in for a quick check on everyone but don't have time to post.

I don't know how many people saw ACA tonight (there is another thread about this in the General Chatter section). Anyway it was about 2 women who had fertility issues (don't know exactly what though) and after one woman had tried for 10 yrs to fall pg (naturally & ART etc...) she went to Sharkeys which I believe is a Naturopathic (?) centre. They got the women to get bloods taken for gluten intolerance (even though the women had no usual symptoms) which come back positive. With a change of diet and some concoctions from Sharkeys they both fell pg.... I have since googled 'Infertility & Gluten' and heaps of info comes up..... Something to think about anyway...... I remember ages ago looking at Sharkeys website & you can have an appt over the phone & they even post out the concoctions to you!....

Well I won't bother doing persies since I'd have to go back nearly a whole week but I want to send tons of baby dust, sticky vibes, af vibes - whatever you need vibes and will promise not to be a lurker!

AFM - Had our counselling session & session about the injections etc... last week. Yesterday went back to the FS & got referral for recurrent m/c testing. We'll probably start SO/IUI in October. So for the time being I will continue to hang with you gals

Good to hear from you Jules! I have coeliac disease which is an allergy to gluten and it can do some horrible things to your system. I should point out that if you want to be tested for it, DON'T GO OFF GLUTEN YET, or your test will come back negative. I was misdiagnosed for some time because I got the wrong info and wasn't having enough gluten for my blood to show a response. The gastroscopy however showed the damage to my bowel and intestines. I have constantly worried that this is the readon I can't hold a pregnancy, becasue I already follow the gluten free diet so there is nothing else I can do!
    I might look up that sharkey's place, Jules, I actually have the book. Might give it another read!

Glad your councelling went well and hopefully your r/c m/c testing turns up something useful that can be fixed (IYKWIM). You are of course most welcome to hang here as long as you like!

Thanks for the vibes, I need something to make me o. I have this horrible feeling that it's not going to happen this month. CD 27 or something as nothing yet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bec

Morning Ladies,

Wow lots going on in here. Hope you are all well.

Bec, Happy Birthday for last week, sorry I missed it hun, you’ll have to change your signature now, he he! How’d you go visiting all the newborn’s? Must’ve been tuff hun. Are you having a BT this month to see if you have O’d? Is it too late to get one do you think?

N2L, know what you mean about nice to answer someone else’s questions. You spend your first few weeks in here asking questions it’s nice to feel like you are contributing, thanks again hun. Also KWYM about some people needing checks before they can reproduce, so silly that IVF uses have to and no one else done.

Mel, totally know what you mean about unplanned pregnancy. I was with my ex for 3 years and whilst I was on the pill the whole time he ALWAYS used a condom, without fail. We were each others first’s so it wasn’t necessary. Now that it has taken DH and I 3 years to finally get our long awaited BFP I laugh at my ex and tell him what a waist, it was never going to happen unexpectedly. As for the dry CM, we used pre-seed as it is supposed to be the only same lubricant, tried not to use it unless we had to though. PS: If you do get some only use 1cm or thereabouts, what it tells you on the instructions is WAY too much, you loose sensation. I always ‘rested’ after working out on the ‘workbench’ and I also put a pillow under my bum. Don’t know if any of that silly stuff helped but we did finally conceived after 3years TTC, 9 cycles of Clomid and a lap in late Jan this year, and I’d do it all again in a heartbeat. HTH’s! Also regarding OPK’s, what time of day are you doing them? I know it is inconvenient with work and all but they say between 2-6pm is the best time of day to do them, not the first morning pee as it is too concentrated. HTH’s. Are you having a BT to confirm if you O’d? Wow you sound like you have a lot on your plate with al this TTC c**p and your darling daughter, you must be a strong woman! How old is your daughter?

Shan, so glad to hear AF finally arrived. Sorry she is causing you grief though.

Pumpgirl, wow so excited to hear your scan went well hun, that is wonderful. I’m beginning to think that maybe Clomid can make your Hcg levels high, cos almost everyone that has fallen pg on this thread have had high Hcg levels and have thought they were carrying twins, I wonder if it makes a difference. Cant wait to hear how your 12 week scan goes, they are incredible. So what’s your DD then? No MS is still carrying on, just once a day though so not too bad now. I’m 22 weeks now so I think I’m stuck with it for sure. Oh well, no complaints from me!

Porsche, GL for the 28th & the 30th. Not sure if crampyness is normal for IVF but I had it when I fell pg, hope it’s a great sign hun.

Liz, GL starting your jabs. Glad to hear the app went well, good on your DH.

AFM: Not much to report, 22weeks pg now and getting lots of active kicks. Oh I can’t wait for all of you ladies to be pg and feel the same things. I feel another good month coming on so fx’ed!

Porsche - Oh man, I don't think that I can wait that long to find out if your baby(s) stuck! I can't imagine how you feel as I am anxious enough for you!

Keli - I am not doing any OPKs or BT to see if I ovulated. My Dr (OB/GYN) didn't say anything about them, and he also told me not to chart my temps as I seem to be one of 20-30% of women who don't actually show a recognisable pattern of temp changes. My graphs are just little zig zags and I was actually glad he said that, as I thought there was something wrong with me and it made me too anxious all the time anyway! As soon as AF finishes her visit (for me she should be almost leaving, she never stays too long), then we will just DTD every second day until AF shows up again! If she doesn't show up, then I'll POAS and if it's negative then we wait and try again! If I don't have any luck in the next 3 cycles, then I go back to him and he will refer me to a FS.

RhiChiChi/Bec - I had heard about Coeliac disease/gluten intolerance and how it can also affect mens fertility and sperm quality. So that is another side of things to consider!!

Did anyone else that is pregnant with Clomid find they have high HCG levels? I hope so, as I am paranoid that I will be pregnant and POAS and it will be negative! I want a BFP!! I asked my Mum and she said that it took a while before they were sure that she was pregnant with me (natural pregnancy, but took 9 months to conceive me and she was only 23 at the time). I guess that the tests back then though weren't as sensitive as the ones now though?

AFM - I kind of feel guilty as I never really have had bad AF pains/cramps. I do get a sore lower back, but nothing that I need to take anything for this time round. I hope that the cramps stop soon for you Shan. I was so excited taking my first Clomid last night! I don't feel any different today, but I think that it's a bit early to tell!!!

Hi Guys
    Just a quick one so no persies, will have to try and do over weekend (might get me away from the annoying hoping-to-be SIL (God I hope not, lol).

The thing about the gluten intolerance is similar to what I posted earlier about grains. They affect your hormones so females end up producing more testosterone and reverse for the blokes. Gluten free grain products will also do this as it is the carbohydrates that break down into sugars that then effect these hormones (or that is the general idea).
    We are starting a grain free diet next week so will have to see if it helps, can't hurt.

Sharkeys is on the Gold Coast and they do consultations over phone or even web cam. Some of the girl's I work with struggled to conceive and they went there (back when Ruth Sharkey was running it, she has retired now) and they both had success. That is the next step for us but I wanted to give the clomid a couple of cycles before paying for the consultation and then the herbs. I think changing my diet and exercising in the morning (even though I am the worst morning person ever) will help as well after seeing the science about it (the nerd part of me requires this before I believe it even though I know it is true, I am resistant to anything that gets me out of bed early, will be good practice for when I do eventually get a bub, lol).

AFM - AF still lingering, hopefully will leave tomorrow. Pain has subsided thankfully even though the tolerance levels were low with the kid's yesterday afternoon, didn't help that they were all off with the pixies, is it a full moon or something? Have my appointment with Dr tomorrow so hopefully he can come up with something, would like to avoid the IVF and jabbing track but if it is what we have to do then I would rather get started ASAP.

Will post over the weekend.
    Shan

Sorry should have said grains and sugars (excluding fruit). Obviously a treat every now and again is ok ( just not every day).

hi ladies!! Sorry i have been MIA! My work has been monitoring my net time and i cant read the blog on my phone!! hope everyone is well! I am ok, the clomid didnt work this round apparently, but i think that i ovulated later then the 21 day test so the dr took more blood today! I will write again soon! We get our internet up and running at home soon so bellybelly is the first place to go! Lol! Im having withdrawls! talk soon

Kris, I don;t think clomid has worked for me this month either!! Hopefully you just ovulated later and the BT today will have positive results.GL

Thanks for the info on gluten and grains Shan. The problem with lots of GF foods is that they add a heap of extra sugar to try to cover the often substandard taste and add a bit of elasticity. The best way to go if def natural, unprocessed foods. Easier said than done though How did your dr appointment go?

Mel- hopefully you haven't had too many SE from the clomid! AS for your question about HCG on clomid, I don't think it affects the way HCG rises, I just think we are more aware of our HCG levels becasue they are more applicable to us (does that make sense?). Early Pregnancy tests these days measure from HCG25, which is very low, so you'll be fine if you POAS when AF is due!

Hi Porsche, Keli, N2L, Tam, Mez, Ahurani, Hope, Pumpgirl, Claudette, Jules, Liz, Reet and anyone else floating around! Hope your well!

AFM: Still nothing to add. Think I'm out for this month, I don;t think I'm going to o. Bummer!

Talk to you all later!
    Bec
    Last edited by becnxavi; August 19th, 2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: forgot someone!

Hello everyone. Just thought I would drop in and give you my recent update. I have been a little apprehensive about updating in here as I know how hard it can be for you guys.

I went to my OB appointment today and he did a scan (I am now 9 wks 3 days) and anyway it turns out that there is two bubba's in there. Thats right, twins!!! I'm feeling excited, scared, nervous and the list goes on. The second baby is measuring about 1 week behind the other so hopefully it is going to be ok.

I would love to do persies for you all but I am in the middle of getting dinner ready. I just want you all to know that I am always thinking of you and am quite often in here checking up on how you are all doing. Hopefully I can give you some persies soon.

awwww TWINS TWINS TWINS!!!!! congrats

Hope, that is so cool!!!! You will sure have your hands full, but what a miracle for you!

Hi all

I have been lurking in here for the past couple of nights. Been getting home late from work and have been too knackered to write anything. Also had a car accident on Tuesday morning (someone went into the back of me) and wrote off my car so that has been a bit of a hassle! Drama-filled week. lol.

Thank you for the lovely messages of support re: my DD's adhd diagnosis. I really appreciate it. I think it will be fine. I will just have to work a bit harder at the parenting thing!

Hope - Congratulations on your twin news! You must be so excited! I can understand feeling a little overwhelmed. Twice as much to love though Just make sure DH knows how to change a nappy!

Bec - Dont give up on O'ing just yet. You never know... Not sure if you can send O Vibes but if you can, I am sending them your way!

wannababy- dont worry about false negative HPTs. When I was pg I got false negatives but my body soon told me otherwise. The symptoms just get to the point that you cant ignore them and a test done a couple of weeks later will confirm it! Besides, if you are being monitored on clomid, a scan will pick up a pregnancy. Or, if in doubt, have a blood test. They are much more reliable than the HPTs.

re: the coeliac thing. It doesnt always cause infertility. My mum is gluten intolerant and had six kids. My boss has terrible coeliacs and she has two DS - including one when she was over 40 (naturally). So, like everything else, I guess it's dependent on the individual. Mind you, I am a great believer in if you think it helps, it probably will!

Hello to everyone else. I know I have missed heaps of you. As a newbie, finding it a little hard to work out who's who and what's what! I'll get there though In the meantime, lots of babydust to you all!

AFM...CD 25. I did something stupid the other night. I am pretty sure I o'ed on Saturday/Sunday just past (based on pain) but on Wednesday night I stupidly did a HPT. What an idiot. I dont know why I did it. I knew it was too soon but part of me thought 'just maybe...you never know'. Of course it was negative. So now I have talked myself into thinking the clomid wont work for me. That said, I am not sure when I should test. My cycles are usually about 45 days long. So should I test two weeks after Sat/Sun (14th/15th Aug)?? Or should I wait until CD45 (assuming AF doesnt arrive by then)?? I felt nauseous today but I think my head is messing with me. I am very good at pregnancy hypochondria! Does everyone have a shorter cycle on clomid? When do you guys test??
    Again, sorry for the questions!
    Take care x

n2l

Hey Reet, where are you? Just realised you must be round about POAS time? GL and keep us posted!!

N2L- Try not to get too disheartened by the BFN. It was probably much too early. I have a long cycle too, and 14 after I think I o'd is a good guess for when AF will turn up or I'll have a BFP. I am as impatient as the next person, and I sometimes think IVF might be cheaper than the amount of POAS's I use!!! Hang in there hon.

Bec
    XXX

Thanks Bec.

Hahaaahaa...just had a thought. We should all go into business ...LTTTC Clomidians HPTs - In Bulk HPTs for Women Who Want to Know NOW!

We'd make a million!

Hi All,

N2l - I know exactly what you mean about the pregnancy hypochondria, I am exactly the same. I want to be pregnant and feel pregnant, so I am sure that I talk myself into thinking I am experiencing pregnacny symptoms. I am also a habitual pregnancy tester, which just makes things worse, so I know exactly how you feel! It will happen though, so stay positive (I know, I know, everyone says that)!

Hope - How amazing that you are having twins! Congrats!! I am soooo envious!

Bec - I hope you ovulate soon! Regarding SE, I haven't had any yet!! I did end up in tears today, but that was because my boss at work is a complete *beep* and it's not the first time he's brought me to tears, so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I just hope that the lack of SE doesn't mean it's not working!?

AFM - AF is on her way out, but dragging on a bit. On day 3 of Clomid (CD4) and not feeling any different. Anxious for AF to leave so that we can get to the fun part of the cycle!!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing you all lots of baby dust and sticky vibes etc etc!!

Mel

Morning Ladies,

Bec, poo to not O’ing, I still have fx’ed for you hun. As we always say, you’re not out until you’re out IYKWIM.

Hope, oh massive congratulations honey, that is the most exciting new ever, two for the price of one. Please keep us posted on how it all goes love. Congrates again to you and DH.

N2L, Oh poo about the car accident, was anyone injured? Or just your poor car? Hope all is settling down for you. Yes it’s very confronting as a newbie trying to figure out who’s who, let along what’s what and where everyone is up to, I promise you’ll get there though. Mind you I still get confused sometimes. I think I was confusing you and Mel the other day, sorry about that. As for the testing question, if I were you I would test 14 days after O, but I would not count yourself out until AF arrives, if that makes sense. And yes Clomid certainly made my cycles shorter, than were 6 month cycles prior to Clomid, LMAO. Hope that helps hun!

Bec and N2L you ladies are funny with your business idea’s, I like your thinking though.

Mel, hi there. Unfortunately the only problem about pg hypochondria and Clomid is that Clomid SE and pg SE are often VERY similar  As for the lack of side effects, is this your second round (sorry I cant remember)? If so, many women often find the first round to be the worst, so fingers crossed it’s not a bad sign at all. Arrrrr I just realised when you got married, that’s so cool. My DH’s cousin got married on 07/07/07. Very cool!

Porsche, hope the suspense is not killing you like it is me. It’s not even my body and this feels like the longest two weeks of my life, lol! Still got everything crossed for you hun. Any more signs?

Hi to anyone else I have missed.

Xxoo

baby dust from a LT ttcer who used clomid/met and now has 2 bubs. big big hugs xoxo

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast