Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

Sorry shan! Not sure what happened there! How are you travelling?

Hi Mel, and welcome to this wonderful thread. As for your follicle scan, that sounds great to me. My advice is to just keep an eye on your temp now, or try out the OPK tests that Bec suggested (I found them very helpful) and hopefully you will be O’ing before the weekend’s out. GL and KUP.

Hi Ladies

Bec - It wouldn't be to late to start a cycle. Your FS will most likely make you take BCP for a little while to stabelize your hormones so you can start a fresh cycle in preparation for stims.

This will all depend on your FS though and what he/she will likely do.

Wannababymumma, I was on Clomid for 9 cycles in total and never had a follicle scan. So long as you have a BT to confirm that you did in fact O then that should be fine, HTH!

Bec, I know we didn’t officially start the IVF process but the ball was rolling for us. My FS told me that when I was ready to start, to make sure I came in before AF was due and she could get me in for that cycle, so I think you’ll be fine at this stage. Even if you book in, then if you fall pg (FX) you can just cancel your app. GL hun!

Hello
    Welcome Mel, hopefully this is a quick journey for you. Scans haven't been mentioned by my Dr yet, only BT, but I have only had one round of clomid so I guess I will find out more next Thursday.
    Bec - Everything is starting to get back to normal now. Got a few weekends in Brisbane for courses and Hen's parties in the next few weeks followed by weddings and Birthday parties in September/ October so that should keep me out of trouble.
    Porsche - Congrats on all the follies, GL with the transfer and I look forward to seeing you post a BFP soon.
    Pumpgirl - How exciting about your scan next week. Noosa in October should be lovely. I know what you mean about the rain, we wish it would bugger off cause we can't make any money until the paddocks dry out and we can bale the crops. I know typical farmers, never happy, lol.
    Kris - Yuck to hot flushes but hopefully they are indicating something. That was the clomid side effect I really hated, although I wouldn't mind them today as it is absolutely freezing here. Oh and stay away from FF it will just mess with your head, lol.
    Liz - Yay for AF arriving, can you send her my way. I don't know whether my DH would be willing to jab me, I guess it depends how much of a b**** I am being at the time, jk. Mum would probably enjoy inflicting pain on me though.
    N2L - I know how you feel about the long post disappearing, happens to me on a regular basis.
    Hello to everyone else.
    AFM - Well AF is still not here, starting to get a bit p**sed off about it, lol. Was watching TV the other night and there was a lady on there and she said that we spend years trying not to get pregnant and when we want to we can't. DH thought this was hilarious as it is exactly what we have been saying lately.
    Well better go have some lunch, Appetite has increased lately, not going to be good for the waistline, ha ha.
    Shan

Hey all,

Sorry for being MIA, I have minimal time today as DH & I are going into the City tonight to celebrate our 10 yr wedding anniversary. We went to the counsellor at Monash today & are off to talk to the nurses about the injections etc.... So in the meantime we are DTDing our butts off in the hope of another 'natural' pg. Sorry for lack of persies, going to frop DD off at my mums. Be back on the weekend.

Hi Bec
    In answer to your IVF/cycle question, there is another variable you may have to consider....A wait for an appointment/s. You have to do a whole day's appointments of counselling, nurse, FS, financial counsellor, FS etc and she said it can be a few weeks. You also have to do a police check. Not sure, but they may not start until that comes back (my experience having done one for work is it can take up to 21 days - depending on how busy Vic Police are. The FS (same as yours if I remember rightly!) gave me an info pack on my first visit which is very comprehensive. I know what you mean about no patience. I am the least patient person I know. I want to come back as Veruca Salt -- I want it NOW!!! -- from Willy Wonka. That girl has style

Mel, welcome to this thread, hope your stay is short and you fall pg soon. I myself didn't have any scans or blood tests, although was on clomid for only 3 rounds, which looking at how many cycles everyone else has done isn't very many. GL with it all, and hopefully you don't experience to many SE on the clomid.

Rhi wow, congrats on 10 yrs, hope you and DH have a lovely night out and you fall pg naturally again. FX'd for you hun.

Shan, I sending her yourway via airmail lol. DH has to do the jabs for me, there is no-one else to do them, and I won't be able to handle doing them myself, I HATE NEEDLES... silly I know, but I do.

Porsche, best of luck for the ET tomorrow, can't wait to see how you go. I have everything crossed, GL hun.

Bec, hope you catch that little egg and you won't need to worry about IVF. And no your question isn't stupid, it is good to know what to expect.

Hi to anyone else I have missed, sorry.

AFM, OMG I am starting to regret wanting AF to start, the cramps that I am having are ridiculas and am getting a little over it. Funny hay I wanted AF to start so badly and now it is here want it to go away. I know a bit of a sook, just having a little rant about my AF pain. Other than that I have been good, no SE so far, but it is only day 1 of clomid, lol.
    Babydust to everyone hoping for some more BFP's on here soon.

Hi wannababy
    Welcome to the thread. I have only been on here a couple of weeks myself but everyone has been very helpful and welcoming. I am sure you will find the same! I have just finished my first round of clomid (took my last tablet 6 days ago). I am on 100mg. I agree with the advice about taking the tabs at night...the worst symptom I had was nausea. I didnt vomit or anything but I definitely felt a little seedy. I didnt get any hot flushes at all. Nor any bad/weird dreams. When I finished the tabs, I had a rotten headache for a couple of days. Not sure if that was coincidental or a symptom! I have had a lot of discomfort/pain in the ovary area and lower back over the past couple of days. I had a scan yesterday which showed two follicles on my right ovary and none on my left. Ironically it is the left ovary that is the most painful so not sure what is going on there!
    You asked about success rates. The ovulation induction booklet I have says --- "Clomiphene citrate is successful in inducing ovulation in about 80 % of women and about half will conceive within six cycles". Hope this helps!

Take Care
    n2l

I know what you mean about AF pain. I have adenomyosis and spend at least three AF days curled up in a ball dosed to the eyeballs with mersyndol and panadeine forte. Almost makes me happy that my cycles are so irregular!!!
    Take care
    n2l

Good luck for today porsche

Bec - i think i must have missed a post about ivf? with the counceling we had three seperate appointments one with me and hubby, one with our egg donor and her hubby alone and one with all of us. they did tell me they like to have them a week apart but we got it done pretty fast all in about 10 days i think. But if you arent using egg donor you may only need the one session. It took about 2 weeks for me to get my police back and they needed it back before we could start the procedure

Porsche, just wanted to quickly pop in and wish you GL for today. Hope everything goes perfectly.

N2L, can I ask what exactly is adenomyosis? Is this like the sister on endometriosis? My cousin has it?

Welcome wannababy, best of luck on your clomid journey and I hope your stay here is short... I found my main symptoms were: Hot flushes (only at night), crazy dreams, emotional / irritable, dry CM (sorry if that is TMI). I totally mirror everyone else to take at night... Just helps with the SE. The second month I took it I didn't have as many symptoms (and was lucky to fall PG). Good Luck hun.

Porsche - good luck for the ET, I hope it all goes as it should!!

Hello to everyone else, I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
    Last edited by redgum; August 13th, 2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo

Ladies

Firstly OOhh I have an avvy now. I love it!

Well we have some good news an some bad news.

Good news first. We are PUPO!!!!! We transfered 2x 3day embies. 1 was fantastic and 1 not so fantastic.

Bad news is we lost 1 out of the 9 embryos leaving 8. So transfered 2 leaving 6. But those 6 are fragmented so they will try and get them to blasto and see how many we can freeze if any.

This may all seem alittle over your head so to speak. I'll explain it a bit later when I have more time.

Oh well never mind.

(PUPO = Pregnant until proven otherwise)

Yey yey yey Porsche that is Soooooooo exciting!

Sorry to hear about you loosing one of the embryos. Hopefully one of the two you have inside will do the trick. Sending you MASSIVE Sticky Vibes

sounds good porsche even if you lost one, lets hope these ones are both goodies and you dont need to use the others in store. Its a strange feeling knowing that technically you are pregers cant wait for 10 days when you get a definate

Hi Keli

No probs. Adenomyosis is like endometriosis' more painful cousin.
    Adenomyosis is very similar to endometriosis, in that it is the growth of the endometrium (uterine lining) where it should not be. Endometriosis grows on the surfaces in the pelvic region, and adenomyosis grows inside the muscle wall of the uterus. So basically, you bleed into your muscle. Periods are really painful with lots of heavy clotted bleeding. Also your uterus becomes hard and enlarged. Mine is more than double normal size. No cure except hysterectomy
    It is thought to effect fertility and implantation. Bugger Hope this helps!!

PORSCHE---CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I hope everything goes as it should over the next few days and that those little eggs hold on tight with all their might!

AFM...I think I am ovulating...or about to. Did one of those pee-on-a-stick tests and there was a definite second line (at least I think so...I hate those tests!). Luckily is it good snuggling weather down here in freezing cold Melbourne. I plan to spend the weekend on "the workbench". Sorry if tmi

hope all is well with everyone else

n2l
    Last edited by nothing2lose; August 14th, 2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: changed pumpgirl to porsche ...got mixed up!!! sorry!!

N2L, thanks for the info, that helps heaps. I will pass it onto my cousin.

GL over the weekend ladies, get to the workbench as N2L would say. And GL catching that egg.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast