Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

Hi Keli

LOL. This is the worst most dragged out TWW in history. As of tomorrow I have 7 days until BT. I have absolutely no symptoms at all except excess wind lol (DH loves that one not) and a little crampy every now and then. I think they are all symptoms of the Pregnyl shots I'm on rather than being UTD.

Hi Keli (and everyone else!)

No, no-one hurt in car accident. Just a bit shaken so all good The real pain starts now - having to find a new car. I am not the sort of person to spend lots on a car. I kind of dont see the need. And I dont want to get a big loan because I am hoping to be on maternity leave sometime in the not too distant future (fingers crossed!)
    So $10k is my limit. My DD wants a brand new 4WD because by some twisted logic she thinks that if we have a 4WD she can have a horse/pony. I just tell her 'dream on princess'! Although a brand new 4WD might be nice.....hehehe

CD 26 for me. Feeling bored with it all at the moment. Want the next week to fly past quickly because I will be 14 dpo on August 28/29. It will be interesting to see if my cycles do get shorter if/when I get AF. Otherwise I will be like you Mel and be spending big bucks on HPTs!

Ahhhh - the joys of assisted reproduction What would we do with our time/money/emotions/bodies if we didnt have this???!!!

n2l

Hi Everyone!

N2l - I know exactly what you mean about having to buy a new car. It is painful at the best of times. No matter how much money you do or don't spend, it all seems to be too hard for me. Then once you decide on a car, the haggling begins... Sometimes it feels like they convinced me to pay more, rather than get a better deal! Good luck!
    (Maybe your idea for HPT & OPKs would work, and then you would be a millionaire and never have to worry about buying a car again, you could just have a driver!!)
    Also love your daughter's logic!!

Porsche - Don't know how you are coping, seriously, it feels like a month has passed!

Bec - Maybe you did O and you missed it? FX'd that you do soon if you haven't already.

Keli - It's only my first round of Clomid, and either a) it isn't working and hence no SE or b) I am really lucky and won't get any SE or c) I'll be the 1 person who is reversed and gets worse in the subsequent rounds!! I'm FX'd for b!!
    Love my annivesary date, means neither of us have an excuse to forget it, and I like the 8's as they are basically the infinity symbol and are also supposed to be good luck!!

Hope everyone else is well. Someone please have a BFP soon, I am getting impatient for someone to have good news!

Mel, we had the same though as you on the anniversary front, we're 4th July 2004 (4/7/04). My husband still maintains that it was his LOSS of independance day, not independance day LOL! It's possible that I o'd and missed it, but I didn't have any of my usual symptoms, so who knows? There are lots of rounds of clomid when I get hardly any SE and still o, so don;t worry too much!

N2L: Only a week to go untill testing, so your over the TWW hump! Maybe you and Porsche will announce BFP's together!

Porsche: It must be hard, the waiting! KEEP BUSY, maybe take up knitting? It's sure to pass the time? lol. Hope you're feeling well, and not to anxious. FX for you.

Keli: I reckon we all have pregnancy hypercondria! It's a symptom of LTTTC, I think. That and a severe dose of 'cry when you see other poeples babies' and 'get really angry when people fall pregnant without trying to'. I think if we listed all our feelings we would find we all have similar symptoms of this debilitating syndrome!!

Hi to everyone else, and to all!

AFM: Finally nearly ready to see my new FS on Monday!! I am unnaturally excited, and I've armed myself with a list of questions and queries, along with research cited to support my case for each. I think I've become a little obsessed! I'm really just looking forward to laying it all on the table; the test results, symptoms, time frame, medical history; and hoping that she can make some sense of it looking with fresh eyes. I guess I'll find out on Monday!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Bec

M22: thanks for the vote of confidence! It's always nice to hear from ladies who've travelled our path and made it out the other end! Thanks and congrats!

Bec - Your wedding anniversary is the anniversary of our first date - 4/7/04!! So while you were getting married I was on my first date with my future husband!! I have often said how ironic is is that it is Independance Day also!

Hi Ladies

Mel - The problem is I have no choice but to wait lol. I can't POAS because or the HCG booster injection. good luck for you cycle.

Bec - It's not a bad idea to go to your appointment fully armed. You need all the imformation to make you desicion. FX it's all good and you walk away with a clear path.

I could take up knitting but I'm not patient enough lol. And I don't have any symptoms at all which makes me think it hasn't worked. Ah well 7 more days to go.

POrsche- I have at least 3 friends who have fallen pregnant on either their first or second cycles, so don't give up hope! My SIL gave birth to her second IVF DS in Feb, from the same batch as her first and they still have two embies left! FX and
    Bec

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well! I just thought I would post a quickie to let you all know about a website i just found. It's countdowntopregnancy dot com.
    It's got some interesting info and stats. I am especially loving the day by day Most Common Early Pregancy Symptoms guide. It goes through each day past ovulation and describes potential symptoms of early pregancy and how common they are (based on user survey). Sure, it's another way to torture ourselves but it helps pass the 2WW time.

I am CD27 and have a dull pain in my pelvic/lower back region. It feels like the start of an AF cramp. I am really hoping this isnt the case. My boobs are a little tender and sensitive but they are not aching. I only ovulated a week ago so isnt it too soon for AF????

Chat later --- off to shower and vote

n2l

Hi, just a quick one as we are going to an engagement party tonight. How is everyone going, it looks like there are quite a few of you on TWW, I have my FX'd for you.

Bec, all the best ofr your app on monday, I agree, it is better to be prepared, then to go and forget to ask something.

Porsche thinking of you hun, it seems all that we seem to do i wait when TTC. Wait for AF, wait for O, wait to POAS. I have everything crossed for it to work for you hun.

Hi to everyone else, sorry for not many persies

My injections are going well, DH has been quite genlte with them , although I don't think I have anoyed him, hehehe. I have been feeling some SE though, feeling nousia (sorry for spelling), and have had small cramps. Other than that it has been good. Today was the first day that I have actually felt the needle really go in, so hoping that it doesn't bruise. DH asked what I would do if he wasn't here to do them, I guess I would just have to toughen up I must say that this week seems to be flying by for me, it must be that we have so much on, I am so hoping that when I go to the FS on tues that I get the trigger shot, I am starting to get a little impatient and can't wait for this to work and to be PG. Better have a shower so we can go. Hope is everyone is having a good weekend. babydust to all

Hi again ladies! How is everyone? Sorry for no persies, i have only managed to quickly read through everyone's posts!!

Well, i had another blood test, but i don't get the results until monday! I am not feeling very positive about all of this. Last week has been the hardest week ive had in a while. There was a huge fall out with my whole family! My little sister emailed me and abused me, which is not very nice... also, (i dnt want to sound petty but i have to vent about this) A guy my DH works with, has a bit of a feral gf, and they have a very volatile and unstable relationship (broken up many times, slept with other people) she has a kid to another guy and claims centrelink for single parenting even though her bf lives with her! Well about 2 months ago they decided to start "trying" ... yep you guessed it, she is pregnant...WITH TWINS! I feel so deflated because she drinks and smokes STILL! I mean they can get preg with 2 and i can't even with 1!! Anyway, i had a bit of a melt down, all these bloody dramas, plus the clomid not working (that i know of yet) this round etc its been a very traumatic week!! *sigh*

So i am hoping for some good news this week. I think if they tell me i ovulated on monday, it will make all the difference to my mood!
    I have just completely lost faith in my body, my family and myself in general at the moment.
    My poor DH has been putting up with my mood swings!! He is such a good man!!

Anyway, i will post persies next week and catch up on everyone! We get ADSL2 hooked up on Monday! YAY!

Talk soon

Oh and throwing around LOADS of baby dust to EVERYONE!!

Hi all

It's a lovely morning here in Melbourne. Blue skies and sunny (no doubt it will change soon). Hope it is nice in your parts of the world!

Miss Kris - Dont worry about your family. I come from a large one and there is always someone not talking to someone else, people having fights, being mean and having sulks. It's normal (I think!). Don't let it get you down. It will blow over...whatever it is....Promise. I know what you mean about DH's friend with the twin thing. There are so many examples where people who, on the face of it, dont seem "worthy" of having children. Try to think of it another way...It's just this baby's time to be born (or babies' as in this case!). Thinking of it like this might help take the focus off the parents and the apparent unfairness of it all. It might help you

Also (and I am not saying you - or anyone else on this thread! - are guilty of this at all) but sometimes I hear people say they want "a baby" but they dont really look beyond that. IYKWIM. The reality is, babies are babies for a year or two...after that they are children, teens, then adults. And parenting is bloody hard work and, in my opinion, it gets much harder after they are babies. There are times you feel like giving up, curling into a ball and just crying. Your DH's friends sound like they have a very unstable relationship. That will only make parenting that much harder. Take heart from the fact when you have a child you will be able to get through the tough times of parenting (and there will be plenty) with the love and support of a caring partner because you are in a solid relationship. They wont. So while it seems like they are "lucky" at the moment, that might not be the case at all.
    I hope you understand what I mean and that I am not coming across as a sanctimonious b*tch. I know it is soooooo hard and no matter what anyone says, it still hurts. Just keep your chin up hun, and look after yourself. Your time will come xxx

Bec - Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. I hope it all goes as you hope it will and that whatever treatment/course of action you take on her advice works

Porsche - Hope you are well! Looks like we are POAS at the same time next weekend. Good luck with your waiting this week. It's a killer isnt it. I am an idiot -- I caved and did ANOTHER hpt this morning. Apparently I just like torturing myself. Of course it was negative. And I started thinking 'That's me out'. Reality is it's just 7dpo so it might still be too early. Patience is not one of my virtues!

epayne - Good luck with your FS appointment on Tuesday. I hope you get the trigger shot you are after and spend the last half of next week busy on the workbench

wannababy - hope you are still tolerating the clomid well. I found my worst SE came when I finished the course of tablets. Wont be long until you ovulate! Good luck!

To everyone else - Keli, Hope, RhiChi, Shan, Tammara - and anyone I have missed, hope all is right in your world.

AFM- CD28. Not expecting AF for another week as I started clomid late (CD 8) and didnt ovulate until a week ago. So another WW for me Had an urge to clean today. Talked myself into saying it's nesting which is utterly ridiculous. More likely Spring is in the air and I always feel the urge to do the Spring Clean thing. Had mild cramping and some sharp twinges yesterday (as per my post) but no spotting. Trying not to talk myself into thinking they are implantation symptoms. But, as I said, I stupidly did a POAS test this morning telling myself if it is implantation then I would get a BFP. It couldnt have been more BFN if I was a man peeing on it! Not even the remotest of remote faint line. I am idiot

anyhoo...need to get back to my spring clean.

chat later xxx

n2l
    Last edited by nothing2lose; August 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: clarifying what i meant!

N2L- I loved your point about parenting! I know I am guilty of sometimes just wishing for another baby to hold, and a big preggy belly, and I always need to reevaluate about whether I realyy want another one. Soul searching tells me I am ready for the whole person who will hopefully grow inside me soon. Thanks for sharing! GL in your WW this week (don't worry about the BFN it was too early I'd say).

Kris- we all have times like those when the unfairness of it all seems overwhelming. I've been there more times that I can count! Just keep telling yourself that it WILL happen, when the time is right for you, it WILL happen and all this will seem like a distant memory. I really hope your BT brings you good news tomorrow! GL

Liz- congrats on being so brave!! I'm glad your DH has been gentle. I wouldn't let my DH get anywhere near me with mine, I wanted to control when it would happen! I'm somewhat overcontrolling lol. GL with your appointment on Tuesday.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: I'M OVULATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! I''ve never been so glad to be doubled over in pain in my life!!!!! CD 30 or something I am, so that's the latest since I started on clomid, but I stopped taking the metformin (ran out of prescription) so maybe that's my bodies response to it? Anyway, I'll let you know how I go with my new FS tomorrow.

Have a good night!
    Bec

SUNDAY 22nd AUGUST

Reet CD37
    Porsche CD33 PUPO!!
    Becnxavi CD33
    Miss Kris CD33
    Nothing2lose CD28
    RhiChiChi CD25
    Clamgee CD17
    Epayne CD12
    Shanshan CD8
    Wannababymamma CD7
    Risris (waiting for AF)
    BumbumG ?

Lots of TWWers this week! GL & FX

Graduates of this thread this year: MezMoz, Tammara, Keli, Ahurani, Pumpgirl & Hope!

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

BEC - YAY on O'ing!! Now your In the dreaded TWW.

Miss Kris - Unstable relationships are very hard on the children. I was in one of those with my ex husband. He was/is an absolute pr*$k. He swears in front of the kids, leaves them unsupervised at skate parks (I so don't approve) etc... He is the worlds best dead beat Dad. But what can I do he is their father. So I don't see this relationship of your friends lasting long espeially when the babies come along.

And I agree It's not fair that people like that can get UTD just looking at each other when we have struggled for how ever long. The world is a cold hard unforgiving place. The only thing that keeps me going is that I know I will get UTD I know I am strong enough to handle it (even though I want to scream why me!) and I have the most wonderful supportive husband that is there every step of the way holding my hand.

Epayne - Good luck tomorrow.

Nothing2lose - I still have 5 days to wait lol. Technically I'll be 14DPO and 12dp3dt tomorrow but still have to wait untill Saturday for a BT. I really really hope that it worked even though I don't have any symptoms. I'm dyng to POAS but it is totally worthless untill at leaast Friday I'd say. I'm going to start testing as of Wednesday and see if the second line fades or gets darker!

Tammara - If your lurking Did you have any symptoms? I can't remember if you did or not. I'm clining to hope here lol.

Hi Porsche,

All three of my loved ones that had successful IVF cycles thought it was going to be a BFN - two of them had no symptoms and then two days before the BT had AF type cramps.

Good luck hun, I really hope you got a BFP.

xx
    Last edited by redgum; August 23rd, 2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Clarrification

i dont remember any symptoms really - except i was super tired from day one. But i think that could have been just my body taking a step back and finally relaxing - if that makes sence. but no sore boobs or anything like that.

Hi All,

Bec - Congrats on ovulating! FX'd for you!!

Miss Kris - I know what you mean about it not seeming fair. It always seems to be the ones that want children the most that can't have them! Regarding N2l's point, I know that I fantasize about all aspects of being a parent. Obviously there are some moments that will be better than others, but I am personally excited about the prospect of watching my children grow and become their own person. I always wonder what they will be like, what challenges lie ahead, will they be difficult teens, what will they be good at and won't they be good at. Basically just excited at the idea of getting to know them and witness them become them!

epayne - I would have to get DH to do injections if I needed them. It takes me about 2 minutes of hesitation just to pull a wax strip off my lip!! You must be feeling like a pin cushion by now? FX'd that it's your turn for a BFP!

AFM - I finally started experiencing some SE of the Clomid today, and I think they are positive signs!? Well firstly the hot flushes, but I got them when I first started Metformin too, so I think that's just a standard SE for me! But today I am feeling tender around my ovaries. Nothing drastic, just a little tiny ache...
    I think that I need to get on that work bench! I would have started "working out" sooner, but AF has been dragging on and only left today (at least I hope).
    We DTD on Friday night as I thought that AF had left, but she turned up again on Saturday and then more yesterday, really only light spotting though. If it's not TMI, when do you all usually start the workout leading up to O? If AF drags on, do you start before she leaves? (Sorry if that's too gross)!
    What is the earliest that O should take place? I am only CD8, and would have thought that I would have at least another 5 or 6 days until O. Is it normal to start feeling some sensation in your ovaries leading up to O on Clomid or is it likely I will O sooner? Oh and do you DTD every day or every second day?
    Last edited by wannababymumma; August 23rd, 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Crappy spelling mistakes!

WBM- I'm not quite sure what everyone else will think, but I don't think you will o while AF is still around. I must say that DH and I DTD once while AF was around (sorry TMI) and I will not do it again, it felt a little to wierd for me. Sorry I'm not sure when o will occur it looks like everone's cycles change all the time to when they o, and I haven't o'd yet on clomid by itself. Are you going to do OPK tests? DH and I have been sticking to the every second day DTD. Hope that helps.

Bec YAY on O'ing, hopefully you have caught that little egg and in 2 weeks time you will be posting you BFP.

Porsche, hoping the week doesn't drag on for you.

Thanks for all the GL's for tomorrow, I have to go dinner is ready now, so I will post more tomorrow night after my appointment

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast