Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

I have a few things against me - age, weight and ivf - because i used an egg donor there is a high chance i may get pre eclampsia. Plus we have LOTS of diabetes in my family so i also think that is a concern also, i hve had one glucose test with no probs and had another one on the weekend so im hoping its all right.

Well good luck hun, I have everything crossed for no pre eclampsia, diabetes and for a safe arrival of your gorgeous little girl! I cant believe how close it is now. I remember when you fell pg, sooo exciting!

Hi girls! Sorry I've been MIA, I got a new student at school with a gamet of issues, and after being hit in the face, sworn at, told I was mean and hated, threatened with scissors and generally disrupted in any way shape or form, I've been coming home and going straight to bed after tea!

I'll try and do persies; but I know I'll forget someone!

Keli- Yes, I just got your message today. So sad for Sarahrach, send my condolences. Thanks for letting me know. So glad your scan went well and bubs was looking perfect. I can't believe you're 20 weeks! Half way...

Porsche- I don't know much about IVF, but 6 sounds quite good! Good work on not overstimulating! I hope your scan goes well on Sat and then EPU! How exciting! I found the bruises to be random too, although I always kept the needle tops in the fridge and I only had one really bad bruise. Just another joy of TTC hey?

Jules- What an odd appointment! After my last m/c the u/s lady (who was a horrible cow, BTW) said she couldn't see any signs of a pg either, and by my calculations I was 5w 1d along. How odd?! At least your FS has ordered all the tests by the sound of it, so at least you can rule out some things for your superovulation cycle (Is it just me or do you imagine a little egg wearing hot pants and a cape? No? Just me then...) Intersting what your FS said about egg quality. Hopefully all goes well, and the cycle is fruitful! I reckon your next appoitment will be great cause it's on my B'day and I'll send all my wishes your way for a good one!

Pumpgirl-Thanks for the kukadu juice tip (is that a type of grass, I'm pretty sure we just covered the school oval in the stuff (maybe I'll just go and pick some off the oval!) That was my understanding of IVF too, but I'll ask the FS whne I go. How are you feeling at the mo?

Reet- It's possible you do have PCOS, you have similar symptoms to me. I took the BCP for 2 months and bled the whole time and then after I stopped taking it, no AF for 15 months! I've not had a regular cycle since then. to be classed PCOS you need to have at least 3/4 of anovulation(not ovulating), ammenorea (no periods), cysts on ovaries, skin tags, excessive body hair. HTH

Tammara- Nov doesn't seem that far away! Wow, that is amazing. It's great that Monash offers accomodation; my friends baby is in the NICU there at the moment and she said they are amazing, so you'll be in the best hands.

Kris- enjoy your visit to see your friend! Good idea to have a relax this cycle, it can only be beneficial to you I think!

Hi everyone else (I'm sure I've missed someone!)!

AFM: Well I'm on CD 11 today so I've finished clomid and just waiting for o. I felt odd yesterday and actually thought I might be oing! Way too early for me! The o test last night show a faint second line, and I thought it wouldn't show anything, so that was weird. I'll keep an eye on it anyway! Just waiting now to see my new FS which is on the 23rd August, and I've decided NO MORE CLOMID! We're moving on. We've just passed to 2 year mark at the end of JUly, and that's long enough. So we're madly saving our pennies for IVF, just in case.
    I will update the list again, if you could all post where you are at the moment,

Have a great night,
    Bec

Hi Bec

LOL at your hot pants and cape comment lol That's all I can invision now hehe.

I'm CD15 at the moment. Any other time I'd be getting ready to O lol.

Bec - Oh my god, sounds like things are full on for you at the moment, sounds like you have a really challenging job hun!! RE: Kakadu juice is essentially a superfood juice that is made from a combination of some wild Australian fruits and other super fruits from around the globe. It delivers a super high dose of antioxidants & vitamins. it is more of a medicinal dose i.e. 1L will cost approx $70, but you will only need 30ml per day. If you google it on the internet it will have more information on the food and studies etc. I think that this product has so much merit as some of the fruits native to Australia (i.e. Davidson Plum) have an even higher antioxidant level than a whole cup of blueberries.

Keli - hehehe - still talking about my Kak juice I will stop now!! RE: me, I am doing good, sore bb's - I think I am now getting close to 10C - wahoo!!! Sweating really bad at night, nauseousness and bloating. I have started having AF type cramps, but no spotting or anything. Am trying to remain calm, but am pretty worried that something is going to happen. I am 5 wks and 5 days today. I am getting a dating scan on the 16 August (so a week and half) I can't wait to see the heartbeat and know everything is OK.

Hello to everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Hi Bec

LOL at your hot pants and cape comment lol That's all I can invision now hehe.

I'm CD15 at the moment. Any other time I'd be getting ready to O lol.
    GL Porsche with catching that egg!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpgirl View Post
    Bec - Oh my god, sounds like things are full on for you at the moment, sounds like you have a really challenging job hun!! RE: Kakadu juice is essentially a superfood juice that is made from a combination of some wild Australian fruits and other super fruits from around the globe. It delivers a super high dose of antioxidants & vitamins. it is more of a medicinal dose i.e. 1L will cost approx $70, but you will only need 30ml per day. If you google it on the internet it will have more information on the food and studies etc. I think that this product has so much merit as some of the fruits native to Australia (i.e. Davidson Plum) have an even higher antioxidant level than a whole cup of blueberries.

Keli - hehehe - still talking about my Kak juice I will stop now!! RE: me, I am doing good, sore bb's - I think I am now getting close to 10C - wahoo!!! Sweating really bad at night, nauseousness and bloating. I have started having AF type cramps, but no spotting or anything. Am trying to remain calm, but am pretty worried that something is going to happen. I am 5 wks and 5 days today. I am getting a dating scan on the 16 August (so a week and half) I can't wait to see the heartbeat and know everything is OK.

Hello to everyone!!
    Hope all goes well with your scan Pumpgirl! & thanks for the info on the Kakadu juice. I think Bec you mean Kykiyu grass - lol. My DH work sin the turf industry....

Quote Originally Posted by Keli View Post
    Well good luck hun, I have everything crossed for no pre eclampsia, diabetes and for a safe arrival of your gorgeous little girl! I cant believe how close it is now. I remember when you fell pg, sooo exciting!
    Yeah, same here Tammara. FX

Bec - OMG ferral children! I feel for you cos teaching is sooo much tougher than people realise. GL with catching that egg & GL for your upcoming appt with the new FS. I definately think no more CLomid for you too!

AFM - I called Monash re: bloods & the HCG is nil, so that is good then I called OBS/GYNO office re: HCG taken when I started m/c & the level was only 24, so I never actually progressed at all in that pg, which is a little weird. In the past my levels have been spot on to when I started m/c so this one shouldn't have even been a pg by the looks of it... am a little confused. Anyway am keeping my SO/IUI appt & counselling for next week & then see what the Prof. says on Monday 16th - I don't think he will suggest anything else other than SO/IUI & I have requested the HCG bloods to go to him from OBS/GYNO so he can see that I was pg but it just didn't progress & see what he says to that.... probably nothing :S

Sorry for the slack perssies. Take care all

x

Just a quick one as I went home in my lunch break and have to go back soon .

Bec, hopefully you catch that little egg this month, fx'd for you posting a BFP this cycle. The lovely perks of working as a teacher. I work in childcare and a few years ago I had a little fella that would just flip out and throw the furniture at us, tables, chairs, the whole lot.

Pumpgirl, I'm sure everything is going to be fine, must be exciting, knowing you're going to hear that little heartbeat soon.

Rhi, goodluck with the appointments, hoping it doesn't take long for your new cycles to begin and you find out what is going on with the m/c.

Wow Keli, 20 weeks sooo exciting must be feeling the little one tumble around in there.

Tammara, I'm sure you are going to be in fantastic hands for the delivery of your little girl, and nov isn't far away.

Sorry if I have missed anyone, just a quick one today as I have to go back to work, my lunch break is nearly over and I am at home. I am feeling a little s*** at the moment, one of the girls at work has found out that she is pg and they weren't even talking about TTC. AAAHHH I just don;t know anymore and I'm thinking why should I even bother with putting myself through all of this. Anyway, Bec for your table, I am still waiting for AF to start, hopefully will over the weekend or by early next week. I better be off. Babydust to all.

Afternoon ladies,

Pumpgirl, yey for bb’s growing and yey a scan on the 16th, cant wait for you to see that little heart beating, best feeling eva. Oh and try not to stress about the cramps, I had exactly the same thing at the start of this pg, I totally thought that AF was on her way just running a tad late, I had the cramps for weeks.

Jules, how very frustrating and confusing for you hun. Hope your next few appointments sort things out a little better for you.

Oh Bec, I do hope the abuse you are coping stops very soon hun, totally not fair for you! GL catching that egg.

Liz, yeah getting some good movement now which is the best thing. Just a constant reminder that bubs is growing nicely. I love it! As for the pg announcement at your work, arrrrrr I feel your frustration hun. I still can’t stand it when ppl tell me they are pg and weren’t even trying, or got pg on the first shot, they have no idea what we go through. Do keep trying though, it is totally worth the wait. Sending big hugs your way!

Hey I had an idea for you ladies. Reet has a ticker for her cycle down the bottom, not sure where she got it but thought if everyone could put one of them in their signature then it would makes things easy to keep track of, just a thought cos I know how confusing it gets.

Hope you are all well, GL to those catching eggs. Baby dust to all.
    Xxoo

Hi girls!
    I got my all my medical records from my old FS today and was having a bit of a look through them and picked up a few interesting inconsistencies. At both my first m/c and my 3rd, my progesterone was 1.9nmol/L. By the looks of it, that's very low, even for 4 weeks UTD? Does anyway know anything about progesterone? I am just wondering becasue my Dr never even mentioned anything?
    Sorry for no persies,
    Bec

Red face Hi...Can anyone join this thread????

Hi
    I hope I am not intruding but I would love to get some advice/information from you guys. I have just started my first round of Chlomid (serophene). I am taking 100mgs and I am on day 4. This is the first step in what I hope will be a short assisted conception journey!
    I have posted about my "issues" elsewhere on these forum pages but basically, I am 39 (biological clock ticking loudly - I have an 8 year old but have been trying for another for a couple of years now), I have PCOS, Adenomyosis, endometriosis (My FS suspects but not confirmed), etc, etc
    I am seeing Dr Kate Stern at Melbourne IVF and she has been really good so far! She wants me to do three cycles of chlomid, then go straight into IVF. It has kind of happened in a blur so it is a little overwhelming.
    The chlomid isnt as bad as I thought. Slightly queasy a couple of times but nothing bad. Reading some of the posts on this site and it seems 100mg is a high dosage. Did anyone else start on this??
    I was also thinking it would be better to try more than 3 cycles before moving onto IVF. Has anyone got any advice around this??

I would love to hear from anyone who can help

thanks!!

n2l

Hi n2l and welcome! You would be most welcome in this thread. Many of us have been here for sometime, and all can offer you support and advice about clomid.
    I'm glad you said Kate Stern is good becasue I'm waiting for my first appointment with her!
    Most people start on 50mg, but by my second cycle I was on 100mg and I have been ever since, so I wouldn't worry. The chances of Overstim. are much lower on clomid than other fertility meds.
    If clomid is triggering a good response, your FS might give you an extra cycle or two, but hopefully you'll fall pg in the first rounds and it wont matter!
    Best of luck,
    Bec

OH GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!

I have typed up two other posts but messed up in posting them - baby brain big time!

Bec my progesterone levels starting from about 4 weeks were:
    25/2 - 9
    1/3 - 21
    7/3 - 31
    they were low levels but i think this was due to ivf.

Rhi, hope you get some good results from your blood tests and they can give you some answers to your m/c and there is a simple solution to get your bub. Im going to TRY and post now

Default Thanks for the welcome :)

Thanks Bec! Yes, I am finding Kate good. She is direct and no BS. Which I like. She is rushed (obviously very busy) but I was referred to her by my oncological gyno - Professor Michael Quinn (from the Women's) and he is an angel so anyone he recommends must be good!
    PS the BIG question....where did you find an other half who is "perfect in every way"???!!!!

Hello n2l and welcome to our thread Hoping you fall pg on Clomid and you don't have to worry about doing IVF. Sounds like your FS is on the ball. I was on 50mg on CLomid & the progesterone levels were good on that level so I stayed there but unfortunately didn't fall pg.

Bec - In relation to your q re: prog levels, I have no idea but I think that Dr Kate might suggest taking/inserting progesterone to sustain a pg if it is of a concern. I remember asking my OBS/GYNO about that & he said it's sort of a catch 22 b/c your prog levels start falling as soon as you start m/c, so if they check your prog levels it may be a not so correct reading anyway - if that makes sense. Sometimes it is too darn confusing :S

Keli - Hi, hope you are well & thanks for your thoughts

I got a copy of the FS letter that he sent my GP & it says he will be testing for recurrent m/s, so that is good to know.

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well.

BTW I am on CD 9, so we will be busy this weekend

HI all, sorry for the quick one yesturday, had to get back to work otherwise in deep s***. My day didn't get any better and continued at when I got home at 6:30. Dh was on the phone and had been for some time and nothing had been done with dinner, so I had to make it (sorry prob not that bad, but not with the day I had). Any who, so had dinner watched TV for a bit and then went to bed. I don't know when DH came to bed, as I was asleep. He asked me before going to work this morning if I am feeling better and was going on (cranky arse b*****, I reckon he was thinking with the tone of voice he had). Yes I am feeling better was just having a bad day, hoping today is good, only a short shift today and it is fri, so always makes things seem better. Anyway, to get onto some persies after that little rant (sorry).

n2l welcoome to this wonderful thread, I can't tell you enough how much support and the great advice these ladies have to give. 100mg, isn't a high dose, I went up to 150mg before changing to what they call a Modified Cycle. DH and I only had 3 cycles of clomid as well, due to it not doing a damn thing to help me ovulate and our FS doesn't think it will, we decided to move forward to the next step. Hopefully the clomid will work for you and you won't have to worry about IVF. GL hun.

Keli, that is so cool, I just cant wait to be feeling that. With the ticker idea, I was going to do one of those, but my cycle isn't exactly easy to follow, due to having to have provera to bring on AF, so it is all over the place for one of those, so that's why I have my anniversary on mine.

Bec hopefully your new FS will be able to explain it all, if not I would just come out and ask her what the levels mean. No harm in asking I reckon, they are there for help and support and to answer our questions. Hopefully you o over the weekend and will be able to spend lots of time in bed

Rhi that is good news that they are going to test you, hopefully they will be able to find out why and then soon you will have a sticky baby. GL DTD over the weekend, lol.

Hello to everyone else that I have missed, but can only see what is from this page, sorry.
    Nothing new to report here on my cycle, still waiting for AF to show herself and it better be soon. I am going out of my mind here just waiting for something to happen. I don't know what is going on with me, my moods have been like a yoyo going up then down, and I'm not on any medds at the moment hahaha, just can't wait for them to start and see how I go. I think DH might be spending lots of time downstairs in the garage working on the cars, when I am on the clomid and injections, lol.

Well hoping everyone has a great weekend , if I'm not on here during it and GL to those who are trying to catch that little egg. Baby dust to all.

Hi Ladies

Welcome Nothingotlose.

Just quickly on the cycle suggestion. As my cycles are never the same length a ticker wouldn't work for me. But I have my FF chart in my sig and that is always up to date on where I am in my cycle.

Thanks for the lovely warm welcomes everyone! I really appreciate it.

I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can help with...

I have read clomid doesnt work well for women with PCOS...I have PCOS so it seems counterintuitive my FS has put me on it. Has it worked for others with PCOS on this forum??

I cant remember what my FS said at my appointment on Monday (d'oh!) but my last clomid day is today. I have an appointment for a scan on Wednesday. I am pretty sure this is to see if follicles are stimulated (correct me if I am wrong). If all is well re: follicles, do I have the injection (not sure exactly what it is) to induce ovulation there and then?? Or is that a few days after???

My "normal" (yeah, right!) cycle is about 45 days at the moment (it changes all the time). How long after the injection will I ovulate?

Apologies, my brain is custard and, apparently, I was not listening closely enough to my FS when she explained it to me.

thanks

n2l

Afternoon Ladies,

Welcome N2L, of course you are welcome to join in here, it is a wonderful forum, filled with even more wonderful ladies that are a world of knowledge. Hope you get what you are looking for here. Yes I too think that 3 cycles is not very long on clomid, I thought most FS’s wanted you to be on it for 6 months before moving on to the next stage, perhaps your age is a factor though. Are you being monitored via BT’s to make sure you O this month? Hope your stay here is short and sweet. As for Clomid and PCOS, I have PCOS and conceived on Clomid after a lap earlier in the year, so don’t think it’s an issue. So much info can be so confusing though. Sorry what did you mean about your question ‘finding another half who is perfect in every way’?

Hey Bec, how good is that that N2L has been seeing the lady you are about to start seeing, always good to get some insight before you go. Sorry hun, I’m no good with the progesterone chat, don’t know a thing about it.

Oh Tammara, glad to hear I’m not the only one suffering from loss of brain cells.

Jules, GL catching that egg hun! And praying for your sticky one!

Liz, oh as wonderful as our DH’s can be they just don’t get it sometimes do they? Hope today is going better for you hun. Hey what’s modified cycle all about? My sister is about to start taking 150mg but so far no good on Clomid, so I’m keen to know what her next steps may be? Any info would be great. PS: I LOVE your anniversary on your ticker, I thinks it’s very special, totally understand about a higgledy piggledy cycle.

Porsche, oh yes I forgot about your FF chart, that’s a great idea.

Hi to anyone else I have missed, sorry!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast