Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - April - June 09

mellmell Guest

Smile First TWW with IVF/ICSI

Hi Girls,

Checking-in for the TWW, BT 01/06/09 - sooooooooooo far away!

To Infinity, Jozza, Paula and anyone with a BFN.

To the lucky BFP's.

AFM - I had one little A+ embie put it yesterday, scientist said it was perfect. I know thats no sure thing but i am sure cause i didn't get any snowbabies, the two other embies looked "very abnormal". On top of that she told me i should not use the other vial of DPs frozen TESA sperm because she thinks thats why the other two were so abnormal. That puts the breaks on attempt #2 as DP works on the other side of the world...............hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, must focus good energy on this little one, i had the accupuncture immediately before and after plus lead-up treatments. The transfer was very smooth. I feel suprisingly calm now, i was a complete wreck during EPU and culture and thought it would just get worse. But once the little rasberry was inside i felt like a weight was lifted. Weird.

Anyway, I'm strapped in.......bring it on!

Mell.......................

Mellmell - best of luck on your TWW.... mine BT is the same day as your (we didnt get any snowbubs either)

Good luck Mellmell and Nikki.. i reckon you're onto a good BT day as it's my 2nd Wedding anniversary.... Extra goodluck to you..

good luck ladies!

Hi Ladies
    How's everyone's TWW going?
    I'm on the home stretch now still for BFP but really unsure.
    I still have all the signs I did before, feeling sick went away for a couple of days but it's back, mainly first thing and when I eat. My boobs are getting sore (keep off sore) now.
    My BT is Monday but you never know until you ring the clinic back.

Haven't tested at home and hoping to keep away from chemists till after monday.

mellmell Guest

Question Get ready for TMI !!!

Hello girls,

Quick question, be prepared for TMI - I was super constipated this morning. I'm talking extreme - should I go to hospital - constipation, not just a little uncomfortable. Nothing for 3 days. I had tried pear juice, prune juice, hot lemon water, tonnes of water and senna tablets, nada thing. Anyway after a lot of straining and tears in the toilet I went to the chemist and got an industrial strenght enema. Even with that it took me ages and a LOT of effort, if you know what I mean.

Now Im freaking that I have damaged my chances of a BFP. I had a day 3 ET 2 days ago. I know that I cant push the embie out, but Im worried that all that upset may have caused uterine contactions or something and compromised implantation in some way.

Any experience/advice????

Mell..............

Not quite the same question, but I did ask my FS at transfer could I sneeze or cough the embryo out with a really bad head cold I had.
    He basically said that the uterus contracts with equal pressure, so no, I don't believe based on that theory that you would have compromised anything.

Hey Mellmell, I do not know but I seem to doubt it. You will be fine
    S'rose - I was sneezing in the shower this morn like 14 times and I was trying to cross my legs!! PMSL!! Anyway I know logically that I can not sneeze them out and forgot about it until I read your post, it is nice that you actually posted the answer as it is more reassurance!
    ? time - for those IVFers, after ET what day is the implantation usually even a rough idea is helpful? TIA

Hi Lionfish - From what I've read implantation can be from 6-10 days after ET. I've been trying to decide if any of my symptoms could have been implantation but its hard to tell. Have decided I'm probably not pregnant as I don't have a lot of the symptoms you are supposed to get. Had my sister over with her 9 month old baby girl this weekend, and while it was wonderful it also made me sad. Did a lot of crying today, but feeling better now. Mentally preparing myself for a BFN and a bit of a break before my next cycle (but you never know).

Greenslw - Its sounding pretty positive, fingers crossed for you.

to all the other TWW girls as well.
    Last edited by Jay-belle; May 20th, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Meo Guest

Hey ladies, just VERY quickly dropping in, we've been up at the farm harvesting olives this week and it's going well but there's no i'net up there, so been missing you all! On the other hand, been WAY too busy to worry about whether or not I'm pregnant! Feeling good though, think I had some implantation cramping and nothing that feels like AF cramps yet. Sorry no personals, but hang in there! I'll be back on the weekend for a more thorough update.

Hey Lionfish,

From what my FS told me, implantation happens from day 7 to day 10 from the time the egg was fertillised. So, if you had a day 5 blasty transfered, then it could implant 2 days - 5 days after the transfer. If you had a 3 day transfered, it could implant 6 days to 10 days later.

Hope that made sense

Have a great day girls. I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of you!

It does make sense thanks for the info gives me a better idea, this is my 4th time so you would think that I would know that by now!
    GL to everyone in the 2WW!!

mellmell Guest

Default Just cruising

Hiya All,

Well still plodding through the TWW. I am looking for any signs/symptoms that I remember from my 2 previous bubs, but that was ten years ago so its hard. So far nothing to report, just a constant knawing ache in my uterus (i think) that i have had since beginning the crinone. Still slightly bloated from EPU and huge boobs, and still getting sharp abdo pains if i cough/sneeze. Are the pains supposed to last this long?? Anyway, time is really starting to drag. I'm back at work next week although i'm worried my uniform wont fit around my waist . Also worried cause I am still in significant pain, we will see.

Lionfish - you seem to be hanging in there ok

Mell..........

just sending some good vibes to all those in the TWW. good luck

Good luck with your BT Meo, I've been thinking of you and hope you get a great result today.

Meo Guest

Thanks S'rose, I've already had one concerned friend ring up and ask, but I won't know until at least 2pm, possibly longer! I was just coming in to post that I'm TOTALLY over all this waiting! I have to remind myself that even if it's a positive BT, I still have to wait 10 weeks to be sure it's hanging around, then another 30-odd until finally meeting the baby! It just never ends . . . Still, only 30 mins to lunch, then I can distract myself with the paper for a bit (or more BB ) and then if I haven't heard at the end of lunch I'm gonna call them.

I did POAS this morning, but got a negative result. I'm not too concerned though, as the test said to use it on the first day of your missed period. Well, I have no idea when that's supposed to be, so I might just be testing early. There's no romance in IVF (not that POAS is romantic, but you know what I mean!). Anyway, no sign of AF and feeling good, so I'll just wait for the results to come through.

Sorry girls, waffle over!

How are you all doing?

Goodluck Meo..
    I hope it's a BFP for you..

mellmell Guest

Default I caved and POAS already!!!

I am ashamed,

I caved and POAS already . However i am not surprised as i have no patience whatsoever and knew i would cave anyway. I googled some POAS words and , OMG, there is a WHOLE community dedicated to POAS........it was soooo weird!! Whole websites dedicated to the subject - "peeonastickparadise" and "peeonastick" dot com. Has anyone else ever see these? It is bizarre, but informative too. Sooooooo........i got a really faint BFP within 3 mins from dilute luchtime pee(the test limit is 5). HOWEVER, i did have a shot of 1500IU pregnyl last Sunday morning, which is cleared at about 1000IU per day, so it is very possible that it is residual BHCG from that. Therefore i am treating this as a scientific experiment ONLY and not thinking i have actually got a BFP. I will now monitor the pee situation, to see if it gets darker or vanishes. At least if it vanishes i will know the pregnyl shot is out of my system.

Meo.......any news sweetie???
    Lionfish........how are you going chicky??

Mell..........

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast