... 67891018 ...

thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - April - June 09

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

I cracked...

Hey girls,

Well, I promised myself this cycle (FET) I would not obsess, I would lurk a little but not post (cos that made me CRAZY last cycle. Serious, I was a nut) and most of all, I would NOT under any circumstances, POAS earlier than the assigned date.

Well I have cracked on all 3 counts. Obsessing - TICK. Posting - TICK. POAS - TICK.

*deep sigh*

I am freaking out and a nervous wreck.

FET was 01/05. AF due 10/05. POAS - 12/05. BT 24/05.

Well I took the POAS this morning. I thought "one day early, cant hurt". It hurt alright. BFN. I am torturing myself trying to figure out if it should definately be showing now, a week and a half after the FET... AF has not arrived yet and I am shocked. Last cycle it was right on time (g'damn it!) and I had all the symptoms a few days before it arrived.

This time, nothing. I am having some odd pains, kind of like stitch crossed with constipation (sorry gals TMI) across the top of my tummy and sore boobicles. But no AF. My FS has moved my BT forward to tomorrow. I am expecting a bfn. The poas neg has kind of convinced me that i cant possibly be preg - I mean could I?

Sheesh - just ignore me. I am going nuts...

Anyways, I am so happy for all the girls with BFP's this month. How wonderful for you all! Seems something is in the water this month!

And for all you sweet ladies with BFN's I am so sorry. Next cycle could be the one right?

OK, hugs to all. I better go try to sleep. Pretty sure I will be tossing and turning for hours though.

Sammie

Aug 2006

Congratulations Mahli - fantastic news, wishing you all the best for a dream pregnancy. x

BOC - I'm so very sorry. I was always thinking about you. It hurts and it is definately not fair. Hoping you find the strength you need to get through this.

Jodz - Sorry you are off to a rough start, am thinking of you and hoping all will be ok.

Chellie - sorry AF arrived. Best of luck trying naturally.

Sammiejam - Hi, hoping it's a BFP for you. I have been exactly the same as you...

AFM - POAS yesterday after a really bad weekend - hoping for some good news to pick me up a bit. BFN - would have been DPO12 - so should be showing by now. My younger sister announced her pregnancy on Mother's day - I am happy for them but it's absolutely shattered me - combined with Sunday supposed to be my first Mother's day if things were different - it's all become too much. I am sure this FET was not successful - I just know it. I can't sleep - keep waking up about 2 am and have to get up. No symptoms, BFN on POAS, and I cannot stop crying. I just don't have the strength to do this anymore right now. Think it's time for a TTC break.

Thanks for your support all and good luck for everyone still in their TWW xx

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

(((((((((infinity)))))))))))

Aw hon, I am feeling your pain. We are in the same boat arent we. I went for the BT. I didnt want to go because I feel I already know the results And its just going to hurt so much to have it confirmed.

I would take a break TTC but we are worried about the proposed changes to medicare and want to get as many eggs collected as we can this year.

*deep sigh*

Hugs for everyone...

Sammie

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Jodz that would have been so scary. Hope everything is ok.

Chellie sorry to hear AF arrived. Yes i have heard that accupuncture helps PCOS but it just takes time. Worth a try though if thats what you feel you want to do.

Sammie best of luck with your results today. Hope the BT proves your stick wrong

Infinity it is so hard when we hear people around us are pregnant. No matter how happy we are for them, it doesnt make it any easier. I have 5 family and friends all due in the next 3-4 weeks and it is so hard on me. I keep thinking, that could have been me!!!

Under a week to go now for my test. Feels like forever away! I have been having these pains on and off down low on my belly right in the centre. Mainly when i walk around for a while or if i get up quickly or sneeze etc. Never had this before, hope its a good sign. Anyone ever experienced this?

Meo Guest

Hi ladies, I too find myself starting the TWW. I'm 1dpt, so still very optimistic and managing not to stress too much as I know there's no possible way I could have any pregnancy symptoms at this early stage!

Thanks to the poster earlier in the thread who put down the times for what's happening on the inside in terms of dpt. I found it very informative.

I think the worst part about this TWW for me will be the bloating I'm having atm. I already look like I'm 16 weeks pregnant! Here's hoping that the baby catches up with my tummy in the appropriate time!

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Hi again girls.

Got my BT back. BFN as expected

I am not as devistated as I was the first time. I am going to try and pull myself up by the bootstraps and try again as soon as I can.

*deep sigh*

At least I can stop taking that damn crinone for a while. I hate that stuff.

Apr 2009

Sammiejam so sorry to hear about your BFN. I hope you are smiling again soon and you have better luck next time.

Infinity don't give up on the BFP just yet. My sister had a couple of false negative's when she fell pregnant. My fingers are still crossed for you. I hope you sleep well soon.

I also agree that it is hard to hear other pregnancy news, particularly on Mothers Day. I too have a number of friends due over the next couple of months, some of which started TTC well and truly after us. While I am happy for them all, I sometimes find myself staring at their bellies wistfully.....

Meo good luck as you start your TWW. I had a bit of bloating when I first started my treatment but this has gone down since I stopped my injections.

AFM - not feeling any preg symptoms. Still haven't POAS, going to wait for my BT. 2 more sleeps till then.

May 2009

Smile newbie in the TTW club

hi everyone,

thanks for all the great posts! i am in my first cycle and a little scared and in awe of the people who have had success. it seems like a hard thing to do, but good to know you can get there.

i am SOOOO glad i found this site. (still working out some of the acronyms tho...) IVF has turned out to be a whole new world of medicationsand things that other people would find it hard to understand. my hubbie is wonderful but still hard for him to fully get it as he's not the one taking the medication, wondering if his body will 'do the job' or not.

have been on down reg since april and then had ET on Sunday. had slight overstimulation and have been on monitoring but okay now. the crinone is giving me cramps and some nausea, pretty much like a period, but still more comfortable than the bloating and pain with the overstim.

have been keeping positive. not sure whether to believe it will happen and be disappointed, or not get my hopes up. my husband really keeps me going and cheers me up on my bad days. i just keep thinking that we're in this together and we'll just keep working at it until we get lucky!

still v. disappointed that the government is planning to cut medicare rebates for IVF (or that's what they've been saying at my clinic). it's hard to accept when you're so focused on starting your own family with IVF.

good luck to everyone on the thread, hope this time is lucky for you!

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Sammie so sorry to hear your news. Great to hear the positive attitude. Best of luck.

Mitf, two sleeps, wow, not long at all. Good luck.

Jay-belle hope that it is first time luck for you. Hope the next couple of weeks go past quickly for you.

Well i am feeling horrible. Started getting a tingle in my throast yesterday mid afternoon which escalated to a very very sore throat and dripping nose last night. Could barely swollow. Took some panadol and now feeling a little bit better but not the best. I hope this doesnt affect my chances of the little embie surviving

May 2009

Thanks Paula, hope you're feeling much better soon. Its tough how every little thing that happens leaves you wondering how embie is doing. I reckon it would take more than a cold to stop embie settling in and getting comfortable tho. sending you some good vibes

Mitf - good luck for your BT, got my fingers crossed for you

sammiejam - really sorry about your BFN, hope that next time will be different.

Meo - good luck with your TWW, hope you're getting through it okay. i just noticed we have our BT on the same day! we'll both have good news.

AFM, just hoping little embie will attach and hang around. having okay days so far, although the crinone really kicked in today and i've been on a real emotional rollercoaster, had a fight with my husband (not the best thing when i'm trying to cut down on stress, and i had to start it... ) and some really bad cramping right after the fight. think i'll go and lie under my doona and be quiet for the rest of the day...

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

I got my progesterone levels back for my cd 21 test, but it was cd 22..they're at 46.

Is that good? Im not medicated, we're TTC naturally at the moment.

My temps are still looking good so im keeping my everything crossed at the moment!

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Woo hoo! My FF told me I have possibly got a triphasic chart! keeping everything crossed still!

ps...I tested and it was bfn this morning oh well!

Sep 2006
    Sydney

Looking good Eliza. Fingers crossed your temp keeps rising.

Still suffering from a stuffy runny nose On the other hand, only 4 more sleeps to go!!

Apr 2009

Hi everyone,

I hope you are keeping sane on the TWW.

I am happy that the wait is now over for me, although sorry to report that it is a BFN. I am not really surprised. While AF hasn't arrived yet, I had a feeling it was going to be negative. I have made an appointment with out FS to see what the next steps are. Looks like we might be heading over to IVF. A big step but I think it might help us get closer to our dream.

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the rest of your wait. . I will pop in evey now and then to see how you are going.
    Last edited by mitf; May 14th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.

Mar 2009
    Sydney, Australia

Mitf - I am so sorry to hear that this one hasn't worked....I know how hard it is to cope with all the highs and lows of the 2ww and then to get a BFN is the last thing you want. Maybe taking the next step to IVF is a good thing....I have friends that have done this and that extra little bit of help is all the have needed to reach their BFP. Thinking fo you x

Infinity - how are you going?

AFM - I had a bit more spotting on Wed so went back for more BT's and all still looks okay. We have found out I need a progesterone shot every 2 days not 3 as my levels dip a bit. I am having an ultrasound tomorrow as I will be 6 weeks and I am absolutely petrified that this will show the worst (as they have in the past) but in another way it will be nice to know if there is a baby in there thriving!! Argghh the anguish never goes

Everyone else I hope things are looking good....hang in there

Feb 2007
    Central Coast NSW

everyone.... this is my first time in the TTW thread ... i had my first ET today (we didnt get any frosties this cycle but hoping we dont need them) .... so i just wanted to say a quick HI and goodluck to everyone ... I hope everyones dreams come true in the next couple of weeks

:fingerscrossed:

xox

May 2009

smartest 44c

Hi Nikki - and welcome. Hope things go well for you and you're lucky first time round.

Mitf - DH and I have started IVF after a couple of years of trying, and its not so bad as I thought. Hope it works out for you.

Jodz - Good luck for your ultrasound, fingers crossed for you.

AFM, been suffering really bad cramping and joint aches on the crinone. They lasted two nights and a whole day, on and off. Has anyone else had really bad cramps? Is it a good sign or a bad sign???

Aug 2006

Sammiejam - so sorry for your bfn. You sound so positive though, best of luck for your next try. x

Mitf - so sorry to you too for your bfn. Best of luck with IVF if you decide to go there. x

Meo, Jaybelle, Coco1411 and Nikki - good luck with your TWW, here's hoping for BFP's at the end of it for you all.

Paula - I've just had that cold - so horrible. Hope you feel better soon. Not long to go now - fingers crossed for you.

Jodz - I'm not doing so well but thanks for asking after me. I'm crossing everything for your scan today - here's hoping you see a beautiful, strong heartbeat. xx

AFM - had my BT this morning but I already know in my heart it's BFN. Still not sleeping, still crying a lot. I had a chat to DH last night and we think it's time for a TTC break. the last two FET's we've done I haven't even been excited or hopeful in the slightest - I'm kind of numb inside and just doing this because this TTC thing is just 'what we do' now. I'm hoping a break (and some counselling) will get me in a better frame of mind to keep trying. I'll be hanging around to see how you all go and offer support when I can though.

Best of luck to anyone I might have forgotten.

... 67891018 ...