Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - Feb 2008 #3

Salt, sorry I pressed the button too soon! You are not being whingey at all... I am with you 100% (see my whinge above). Wait and see what happens in 5 days. If things do not work, then do what your heart tells you to do. I am at the point where over the past couple of months I have been thinking about IVF and my FS has also advised me to keep up with OI for a few more months. If this cycle doesn't work, I will be having another chat with him.

Best of luck hon and I will have my for you x

Thanks ladies for your well wishes

I rang the clinic and I will go in tomorrow to have a BT.

Will let you know how it goes.

Salt - I had no other signs, just felt like AF was on her way.

for all of you still waiting and lots of too

Hi girls
    Sorry its been awhile and thanks for all the kind words, im feelin abit gulity as i am working a few extra days at the mo and also studying, which seems to leave no time to catch up on BB, so know that im thinkin of you all and lookin out for all the BFP when i check my email, i guess its good in a way as i am really distracted !
    Meredith and TT: that is just awesome, congrats girls wishing you both H&H pregnancies
    Nikki: sore BB and cramps sound really +ive, the wait gets worse i rckon the closer you get to BT, hang in there
    Mon: I am the POAS junkie so i wont give advise on that one
    Deni: awesome result !!!!!!
    SP: how ya goin girl, it is such a tough journey and knowing what is best is soooo hard, if iui works then great, but there is that whole feelin that if it doesnt yoouve wasted all those monthes i really feel for you and know what your going through, when my FS said he wanted to do more iui after my ep i was like what the.....? i guess its good in a way my DH and mum were really pushing for IVF and i was kinda the one holding back, it feels like such a huge step, but it is YOUR body, is DH adamant about IVF, or can he be convinced?? Maybe show him some stats, i have been doing a research assignment for uni and came across this hope it helps http://www.rtc.org.au/reports/docs/AR2003.pdf its really full on but if you search through you can find some of the statistic for WA.
    As for the family thing it is such a conflict cause your happy for them but soo sad for yourself (that really doesnt make sense but im sure you know what imean)
    Janie: not insane at all those positive vibes can only help, its great that DH does the same. Good luck!
    Lissie: hi, hope you are going well.
    Sorry if ive missed anyone, i will try and get on again soon. Hugs to you all!!!
    Last edited by scooby; March 5th, 2008 at 08:05 PM.

ATT,

fabulous news - so happy for you.
    Hope this will bring on a wave of BFP's for everyone.

Ok Ill be honest with you girls I POAS today to see wether or not the ovidrel was still in my system and guess what its not I know its prob way to early to test but I have been really crampy this afternoon and even though its only 4 days since the transfer I thought just maybe I might get a bit of joy. If I have calculated correctly O day was 25.2.08 ( egge pick up) and today would be classed as cd21 i sthat how you work it out????? anywho at least I know ovidrel is gone and next week if I do another one which im sure I will and I do get two lines I wont second guess it because of the drugs. It was to early to test wasnt it?????

Oh Collo,

Yes it was to early to test you silly thing!!!! I Know the waiting is torture isn't it?
    I've gotten used to it over the years - and now surrender to the fact what will be will be and its all in the hands of nature - not amount of anxiety is going to change the outcome - but i still SOMETIMES get anxious but work so hard on it not to.
    Your BT is on the 12th right? If i were you and you want to POAS i would do it on the 10th. I hope you get your BFP - not long to wait now.

If its any consolation Collo, I was stupid enough to POAS this morning too and it was a positive if a weak one. I am now really confused. By rights I am due for AF on Saturday as I had my last Pregnyl shot last Saturday. Could this just be the remainder of the Pregnyl leaving my system???

Why oh why couldn't I just stay away from the evil POAS! I was sort of expecting it to be negative as I woke up in the night and while I was in that half sleep/half awake stage I was convinced that AF was on her way.

Why did I do it!!!!! It hasn't brough me any peace at all.

Janie,

stop beating yourself up! Its okay - i think we have all done at one time or another. Thats why i hate HPT's but they are also very tempting to all of us. My logical brain says wait for BT as sometimes the HPT's have been wrong - but then the impatient brain says pee on that stick! You are right sometimes POAS brings no comfort sometimes they actually make things worse. My BT is next Monday and i could POAS this weekend - i have not bought one - i don't want to - but yet again i want to be prepared whilst i am at work on Monday - i don't want to be negative but if i get bad news am i going to cry all over the place again???? I can't do it at this job, i work for a Chiropractor at the front desk and only one of me no one to cover me and a waiting room full of patients - YIKES!!! This is a bit of a dilema for me - pls girls what would you do if you were in my shoes?????
    Hope you all have a nice day.

Oh Lissie, I really don't know what to advise you. I guess if you feel that it would make you better prepared for the results of the BT, then I would do one. But having done one myself all it has done is confused me more, and I am sure if everything turns up negative for me this time I will be more devastated because I have now given myself hope.

Best of luck

Hi SP,

I'm on the same dose as you 1500iu. I guess I'll now have to test again over next couple of days, although if I'm not pregnant AF will show up on Saturday without a doubt. I am like you, I am swinging constantly between I am and I am not pregnant.

Here's lots of luck your way

Janie and SAlt,

Thanks for your replies - after much thought i know i would burst into tears which ever way it goes - i try to think i am strong but really i am not.
    Secondly its a great idea for them to call DH but i would know me i would be constantly ringing him badgering him for an answer so not an option for me.
    So i talked with the other girl that does the opposite shift to me and she will work for me on Monday and i will work for her Wednesday - so hopefully problem solved.
    So i just hope that the pathology i called in Coffs Harbour (1.5hrs from me) will get results same day - i used to go thru Syd IVF in Coffs and always got results same day so i hope i haven't taken the day off for no reason - if i get the BT done here in town i will not know for at least 24hrs and that would just kill me - Coff opens at 7am so i guess i will be up bright an early Monday.
    Hope you are having a good day girls, how are you all feeling???

Afternoon, hope everyone is doing well.
    My thoughts are with those in the last bit of the wait - it's just the pits.
    Had my BT this morning and just got the results: HCG levels are 944, so we have a winner!
    Booked in for my first scan on the 28th of March.
    Thanks to all the lovely women in here for your support over the last 2 and a bit weeks, you really do make it easier.
    I hope all of you leave here in a week (or two) with your own BFP's.
    I will lurk for a bit and see how you do.
    Best of luck ladies!

ATT I am just so happy for you! I send you, your DH and of course your darling little one all the very best of luck for your pregnancy. I see that you did IUI. I was thinking about asking my FS about that if this cycle of OI does not work. Obviously it has worked for you, but any advice you could give me about it (approx cost, meds etc) would be appreciated.

Lissie, I think that you have come up with a great solution for BT day. I will certainly have everything crossed for you, so make sure you let us know how you go.

Salt I am with you with the frustration you are feeling. I just am so over the disappointment already... I know that I am relatively new to this whole thing in comparison to a lot of people on this forum, but I can't change how I feel. Please, please, please let us be pregnant already.

Well it looks like I may be the next one to know one way or the other. I am not booked in for a BT, but will know on Saturday. Lissie and Salt are you both having your BT on Monday?

Hey Guys

Looks like Im out of the TWW after only 5 days. Discovered this afternoon alot of bright red blood although Im not bleeding now Im still spotting a bit so I guess AF is definately on her way....... Rang clinic and Im to wait till tomorrow to stop meds if she hits with full force which Im definately expecting her to as I have cramps already... I m ok alot better than I thought just frustrated. There is nothing more we can do we are already doing everything humanly possible to start a family and at the end of the day its up to the big fella upstairs to grant us our little miracle.........

Collo,

I hope its just nothing and not AF - i am its just implantation for you.
    You are right you are doing everything humanly possible - be strong - i know only to well how hard this journey is. BE kind to yourself - thinking of you.

Collo, I too will be for you. Lets hope it is just an implantation bleed.

I will be finding out by tomorrow how this cycle has gone... I'm trying to stay positive until that wicked witch decides to rear her ugly head! It is a long weekend here in VIC so either way it will be nice to relax and spend time with my DH. I have got AF symptoms... a bit of an achy back, slight cramping... nothing major, but then I don't feel major symptoms until the day she arrives.

I will make sure that I get on to let you all know one way or the other.

Hope everyone is feeling well today... Here is lots of to you all.

Janie,

Wishing you so much luck for tomorrow - i so hope you get a BFP - I will be for you. Fingers, toes and everything crossed

Thanks so much Lissie, your thoughts, it really means so much.

And to everyone in the LTTTC, I have so much thanks to give to all of you, because no matter the result tomorrow, I feel stronger this time knowing that U are all there with me. I am trying to be positive and remind myself that no matter what result it is, there is nothing I can do now to change it. I have done everything the right way, and it is just a matter of whether this cycle will be our time or not.

Here's hoping though!!!! This is probably TMI, but I am on "knicker watch" today. Every time I go to the toilet I say a little prayer.

Here's to all you wonderful gals... hope you are enjoying your Friday.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast