Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should I be a mum?

how are you going farmgirl? xx

Yes FG how are things for you?

Hey Farmgirl, I think at one stage or another and after trying so long to have a baby you do wounder if you should be a mum or not. I think that's only because you haven't seen it in yourself.
    For a long time I thought that if I couldn't have a baby on my own it meant it wasn't to be mum.... which is not true.... why give up on what you really want.
    You and your DH are planning to have a family and IVF shows that you will do anything to help mother nature along and if your friends make comments other than supportive and encouraging they clearly don't understand how much this means to you.
    Take care of yourself and look forward for the day you hold that little bundle

Smile

Hello all - thanks for asking about me
    Been busy - work, travel for work, shearing... - hence no posting.
    Things are on track for a Jan cycle. Start OCP in Dec (will prob be on them a week or two longer than normal due to xmas/new year...but want to get started), and then start the other stuff in Jan I guess. Did not want to wait for AF in Jan to start OCP cause that would push everything into Feb which is when uni goes back ...bad news...because of my hayfever I have to have Lucrin injects rather than synaral spray...so not looking foward to that...but oh well if that is what it takes. Starting to feel a bit excited and in a far better place mentally, but trying to keep emotions in check.

Gave MIL the DVD on IVF provided by MIVF, she is an old school nurse and was interested in knowing the detail - plus her and my FIL are going to need to know so when we suddenly go to Melb for a day or two they understand why we cant be arround to do stuff (and why they need to look after our dog) - and since then she has been good - even offered to come over and clean the house if I needed help

How is everyone else?

Tiggerlinda - good luck for your new year cycle.
    Lucia - hold in there

FG - Lucrin isn't all that bad

People can be so insensitive, can't they?
    My mother actually told me that not only did she never think I'd be a mum, but that she didn't ever see me settling down with a partner at all, getting married, any of that.
    She actually spent the money she'd put away for a wedding for me on a trip.
    Of course she asked me if I'd mind first, but as I was single at the time, who was I to argue?
    If it were me I'd try to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume it was one of those 'look how far we've come' comments, you know?

FG
    I often question the meaning of all this IVF and infertility stuff. I have always been of the belief that if its meant to be it will be. In saying that, I never imagined I would have to take this journey to fulfill my dream of becoming a mummy. I too have had friends say flippant things along this IVF journey like "get over it!" & while it does upset me, my DH has since had words to these friends to be a little more sensitive to our needs. Having experienced IVF now, I just think its something that no one quite understands until they're there. Myself included. I really wish you the very best for your upcoming cycle & hope your dreams come true really soon.
    xo

Rach75 that's exactly what I needed to hear- too true!!
    Farmgirl, i'm sure your friend mean't no harm, it's amazing how sensitive we become, (though that comment is the most insensitive thing i've heard) When people say stupid comments to me like, when are you having a baby? you'll be next, I cringe and think 2ys ago I was probably saying the same thing to other people. They don't mean to be insensitve, we are just vulnerable. And like everyone has said, if you are willing to put yourself through IVF then by god you are ready to have a baby, and you will be a fantastic mum!!

glad you are doing ok farmgirl. as TL says lucrin really isn't that bad and it seems most women on syneral don't like the side effects. good on you for telling your ILs. it helps to have support and not having to make up stories all the time and feeling uncomfortable about it. xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12