Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Good Morning Girls!!

WLAB - yes, I actually read that thread just after I posted that I had not read it. It was very funny, I could relate to so much. How are you going today? Have you had your hcg shot? Do you have any symtpons?

OP - I hope you are going ok. I am hoping you are having some symtpons and that you are wrong to write this cycle off....

WBAM - yes I am in the dreaded TWW. I am 8 dpo, feeling some mild abdominal discomfort which could be from the hcg. Have a very strong sense of smell but again, could be the hcg (damned stuff!!!) My b/t is not until 5/12, which is 1 week away. It is scary to think i have 1 more week to get through..Congrats on all the diet change and looking after yourself. As to when to start IUI, I think anytime is a good time, as your natropath said your body is on the improve so it can happen at any time. Thats just me though, patience is not my virtue. I am sure you will make the right decision what ever that may be....

Hi bella - good luck with the painting - better you than me, I can not stand it!! Hope you are feeling okay on the injections... when is you next b/t?

Shades - I left a msg on you blog. But just to re-interate, do not count yourself out this month. I think in the natural world, intercourse i mean, the spermies have to find their own way so you have just as good as chance as anyone.
    Last edited by diamond; November 28th, 2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Good Morning Ladies :

Bella55 - Do you mind if I ask what clinic you are at ? I am so with you in regard to the bloating, someone actually asked me if I was preg the other day !! Go Figure !! .. I am 70 kilo's - most of it is abdominal bloating - I read some where that with the FSH drugs when your ovaries produce more follies they produce more liquid - hence the bloating ?? I have no idea if that is true, but that's what I told my DP and thats what Im sticking too .. The bloating will miraculously dissapear when I stop the FSH's I will be a flat tummy girl - HA !!

WLBMum: Glad you are feeling inspired by your natropath and your health kick , and nice to hear from you again

Shades - I posted a message on your blog, hope you have pay tv or a good book to keep you occupied in your laying around day

OP & Diamond - how are you guys going ?

AFM: I went to my GP and got a BT request for a day 21- on Sunday - he said it takes a few days to come back :-( ... Not too worry, havent heard back from FS -

Bell & BMAM - I am booked for a BT on the 12/12 -

Don't read below if you hate quirmy stories ...

Oh forgot to mention PREGNYL at 6am !!!!! snapped the glass bottles, and little shardes of glass were everywhere ... lost some water, had floaties in the powder, and DP said "should be fine, the needle is so fine it will stop the fragments going up the needle" - injected, hmm then had blood in the siringe when I took it out of tummy, and blood where I injected ... not a pleasant start to the day

You have to love this TTC - needless to say - I will be calling into the clinic for my 2nd dose on Tues, and I was also wondering OP - since I am going to have a spare Pregnyl - do you think I should use it in my TWW -

Like my ticker girls ??

oops sorry OP- I meant to say do you think it would be more beneficial for me to ring FS and ask to inj the extra pregnyl this ttw

Default Extra Pregnyl

WLAB - I think if you have it and you think it will be of benefit, and you know how to safely administer it, then it won't hurt.

Couple of important points:
    1. Pregnyl takes 5-7 days to leave your system, which, if your BT comes back negative, will mean a 5-7 day delay in your period coming, thus delaying your ability to begin a new cycle.

2. My clinic tells me if you get a positive then the Pregnyl shots must continue until your reach the end of the 1st trimester. So if you use it, be prepared to get stuck on it.

AFM: I remain convinced we have nothing. I'm also convinced the two months of using pregnyl have knocked me around, and I'm concerned I'll need a D&C to get rid of all the extra tissue. I've had this problem before. It's counter productive.

We're booked to see the Dr on the 4th. We're reviewing the drugs and the amounts we use. I will be very interested to hear what he says.

:-)
    OP.

wlab - I'm at MACC - Melbourne Assisted Conception Centre under Mac Talbot - how about you?

Shades - oh hun don't count yourself out try to relax (i know easier said than done!) and be nice to yourself xxxxxxxxx

I'm spreading lots and lots of for us all xxx

I think we need a tally so we can all keep track of each other:

TWW
    Diamond b/t 5/12
    WLAB b/t 12/12
    I can't remember maybe everyone could help!!!!!!!!

xxBella

Default Sorry about spelling ...

OP - Thank you again for answering my questions, If I could send you a box of cadbury roses, I would !
    Dont be convinsed your not going to have a good result, your FS was happy with your prog levels and you never know, fingers crossed for you, and I hope your appt cleares up your qierie re your lining

Diamond: We must have posted at the same time, read my post re the inj if you feel like a quesy read

Bella - I have been to MACC and met the lovely Dr Talbot, isnt he just so positive !!! I was shopping around, so to speak, and decided on Melb IVF in the end,so I could have IVF, but you would be hard pressed to meet a FS with such a lovely bed side manner, I wish he was at Melb IVF ... I would be very interested to hear your complete schedule after your IUI, if you dont mind posting it ...

WLAB - funny you said - "isn't he so positive" - all i ever hear is "it's going to happen not if but when!!". I made an appt with MIVF with Kate Stern (i was looking for a change after such dissapointment with my first IUI cycle) but i cancelled and decided to stick with MAC but may try MIVF if i'm not successfull this time around. who are you with at MIVF?. I would be more than happy to share my full IUI story (hopefully on with a BFP at the end once i'm finished.

xxBella

As you can see i'm procastanating (?spelling) while painting!!!!!

Oh Bella thanks for your reply, I should have been more specific, I just wondered if you had day 21 prog tests ? and if MACC use Pregnyl after an IUI,

WLAB - I don't really know because i'm on a down reg cycle - i had cd21 bloods to start my syneral as far as bt go AFTER the actual IUI they just do the pregnancy one 2/52 post. I think this is beacause we use progesterone pessaries as oppose to the pregnyl (which is hcg), so there isn't really any point in prog tests as they would be high due to the pessaries - does that make sense?

xxBella

Antgirl Guest

Hi All,

I am new to this site, and have just read some of your stories. I am just going through my first IUI cycle. My situation is that I have 2 half uterus with 2 cervixes, both are approx the same size, however my right fallopian tube was very large and completely blocked (recently opened but beleive it does not work). I got my last period on the 5th Nov started puregon injections on the 6th Nov had scan on 14th Nov showed nothing, scan again on the 18th Nov showed both ovaries had produced 2 good size eggs each, give HCG injection on the 18th Nov and then had the IUI procedure done on the 19th they inserted into my left hand side uterus (as the right side would more than likely end up as an ectopic pregnancy because of the tube) had 2 more HCG injections on the 23rd Nov & 27th Nov, now it is just a waiting game I take a preg test on the 4th Dec, I have noticed sysptoms since the injections of breat tenderness, bloating and yesterday I had dizziness, I presume these are all from the injections. WIth this first cycle I alos got the worst cold I have had in years lost my voice for 5 days and have felt terrible am only just starting to get over it.

It is great to hear other stories as it makes you feel not so alone.
    Wishing you all the best of luck

WLAB - I did exactly the same thing with snapping the glass bottle and shardes of glass everywhere they are hard to open. I found the Puregon injections not to bad it was the others that were worse there was just to much to inject and I like the pen system of the puregon better.

Wow, so many people to reply to - forgive me if I miss things...

Bella - sounds like your cycle is quite different from the rest of us. And no, I'm not on metformin, all my BSL tests have been normal (fasting and random). The only test I haven't had is the glucose tolerance test. I've been put on glucolin by the naturopath which helps level things out and deal with it in a more natural way. I don't really fully understand the few things she's put me on, but something's helping, my acne hasn't been nearly as bad in the last week as previously.

OP, I know PCOS isn't an infertility sentence, and we're never planning to go back on birth control after we have number one, and you never know what will happen. I just didn't know I actually had the syndrome until I went off the pill to ttc.

Shades, I read your blog, and you poor thing, what a nightmare! Perhaps they need to look into that. I hope your lying flat did wonders and you have a good result regardless. Those little devils (spermies) are sneaking little things, you might wind up with one determined baby!

I have to run off to baseball (there's always somewhere I've got to go), but I did want to say as a nurse, please don't use the product if the glass shatters! On the ward I would never use it, I would just chuck it and get another one. If it shatters, they should be able to give you another and if they charge you for it they're mean. While the needle is fine, the glass is also fine, and it's a risk. Anyway, likelihood is that nothing will happen, the nurse in me just went OMG!

I'm with Monash Ovulation Induction Service (MOIS). Professor Healy is my FS and he has two nurses working there that basically monitor each cycle (and do the IUIs also). If we go to IVF I think we go across the corridoor to Monash IVF. But MOIS is fantastic, the staff are great and I don't have to pay too much either. All BTs and USs are bulkbilled. The girls are great.

Anyway, enough rant, I must go and whack some balls around a park with a big stick - good stress release!

Love and good vibes to all!

Morning ladies -

Antgirl - welcome !!! and wow not long now until your BT - you must be excited and nervous, I wish you all the best for a postitive outcome x

Wannabemum - thanks for your advice, I will be going to the clinic on Tues to have the next injection, I wont be going through that again, to make it worse I hit a blood vessell - you should see my tummy

Happy weekend Bella, Shades, OP and Diamond - looking forward to having a chat this week and see how you are this week ..

AFM: Off for day 21 test this morning, never heard back from FS - so GP will give me the results, tommorow at 3 - I hope it's a good reading, I have no symptoms, did a POAS last night to check if Pregnyl in system, had the faintest faintest line with an early 10 mil test - so who knows if that stuck in my system, waiting for an implantation bleed, which may never come, oh the joys of the tww ....

Bye for now ladies -

Good Morning Girls,

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Welcome Antgirl - yes, many of those symptons can be either from the pregnl or early pregnancy. I would try not to read into them too much. Your b/t is not too far away now so good luck.

WLAB - good work getting the day 21 test. Let us know how you go with the results. And if you can stay away from those POAS. Pregnyl stays in your system for up to 7-10 days, so waiting for your blood test is the best thing to do. I know it is hard though.... this tww is dragging on for forever for me....

Hi bella, OP, Shades and WBAM. I hope you all are doing well. Bella I like your idea of keeping a tally going. Does anyone else like to add themselves?

TWW
    Diamond b/t 5/12
    WLAB b/t 12/12

AFM - not much to report on. In the dreaded TWW, mild cramping and very heavy boobs but not much else to report on. Dont know how I am going to get through the rest of this week waiting for my b/t....

Default AFM

Diamond,

Did a HPT on Sat - had serious pelvic cramping and couldn't believe it was anything but the end of the cycle. Negative result. Cycle will end tomorrow. Expect it to be on time as I've had no drug intervention this time. FS meeting on Thursday. Don't feel too happy about what he'll say. I'm all for switching donors - ours is 43 years old. I think they should give us a younger one - would make sense, don't you think?

Anyway. We expect no treatment for December. We're going to treat ourselves. DH did another sperm test last Friday and we'll get results back tomorrow I guess to see whether there's any marginal improvement for him. I sure wish a miracle would happen there.

In any case - I think you're across the line, lady. In the months I've been in this Forum no one has had a BFP - getting you across the line would do wonders for all of us, I think!

OP.

Hi OP,

Im sorry the HPT was a neg. I was really hoping this cycle was the one for you. I hope you are doing OK. You seem to be very tuned in with you body, as the heg was no surprise to you. In any case, this is a great time of year to take some time off. Treat yourselves, enjoy a champers or five and eat heaps!! Are you guys going to get away?

Good luck for FS appt on thurs, and hubbies sperm results. Are you expecting them to push down the ivf path? A change of donor sounds like a great plan, as this one just isnt working for you.

Thank you for your optimism re: my cycle. I wish I could be so positive. I just hate the fall when AF arrives, I am far to scared to think optimistically until i get a BFP.

Default Positivity

Diamond,

I understand how you feel. This is a time of high anxiety in this fragile process. I know last cycle I nearly lost the plot when I couldn't contact the clinic on results day. So when the results were poor, I was not a very nice patient.

However, I think things will be different for you this time. Can you have a go at positive visualisation to help you stay calm. I can recommend two visualisations:

1. Sit confortably on the sofa in a quite place and visualise pearlescent pink light streaming INTO the crown of your head.

2. Shift your focus to a strong image of yourself with a big pregnant belly. Imagine your husband in the picture if you like. Whatever image is easy to maintain.

Breathe calmly while you do this. Don't worry about deep or slow breaths - normal breaths are fine. As you calm down your breathing will calm with you. Go for 15mins. But even a few mins will be beneficial.

Give it a go if you can. I'm taking my husband through a similar meditation, only for men, the light must be silver.

Love and light to you - not long to go now. I feel very positive for you.

:-)
    P.

Thank you Op - you are a great friend to have online here at BB!!

I am actually feeling very hormonal and unbalanced today, and your meditation exercise sounds like just what I need. This might help me get through the next 4 days also... Unfortunately I am at work right now, so i will try to take the time at lunch or even this evening to do this.

I cant thank you enough OP. You are very thoughtful, especially at at time when I know you are feeling a bit low.

Hi everyone,

So i had my BT today 6 days post starting my injections E2 was 477 = so another BT and U/S on Thur. Just wondering your thoughts - good or bad result? (i don't know!) And how many days of injections does it usually take to get to IUI and what do they like your e2 levels to be??

Sorry for all the questions!

Hope everyone is travelling ok..
    will BBL for personals

xxBella

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast