Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Good afternoon my BB friends

How is everyone today - visitiors have just arrived, so I will post a quickie then log back on later to say hi and catch up

However, wanted to let you know my prog levels are 62 - just got back from gp

As I am flying solo on this test - I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts re the level

Will write to everyone later xx

visitors have left so a post before preparing dinner, though I am anxious to hear about your thoughts on my prg test, I read your earlier post Diamond, where your levels are 102, so I can see why OP is so positive for you -

Hi to Bella, Shades, Antgirl and Wannabemum - how are you guys going

Hi WLAB

Congrats 62 is a great result!!! Official word from my clinic is that the results must be over 30 to be a good result. This means you definately have ovulated. It could also indicate that fertilisation has occured, and is now looking for implantation.

So congrats and breath a sigh of relief - this is a great result!! I hope you enjoy your dinner

Diamond

Thank you so much for responding, I have been a bit stressed waiting to talk about it .. Poor DP said "oh bubba, did you get your AF, is that why you dont seem yourself"

Well that's one more little hurdle over with .. Now I just have to continue waiting till the 12th,

How are you going - are you climbing the walls or calmly passing the time

Congrats on your reading of 102 - your double me - so that must be good xx

Antgirl Guest

Hi All,

Well I have 2 more days until my bt and I am starting to climb the walls. Last night could not relax and I have woken at 5 this morning when I still had 1 hr left before the alarm went off. My Husband and I deceided no matter what the result we would go away on Friday afternoon for a couple of nights to the sunshine coast just to relax so I booked last night on whotif and am excited about the break.

WLAB & Diamond - congrats on your readings I have my fingers crossed for you both.

OP - i have a similar meditation process that only takes a few mintues or longer if you have the time. I just either sit or lie down take a fe deep breaths and focus on my breathing, then let if return to a normal pace and focus on every part of my body tarting from my feet and working my way up to my head. It helps me to just calm down and refocus on myself and let the negative thoughts just pass by like traffic (I have been seeing a counsellor at my GP clinic for about 3 months now and he suggested that I try something like that everytime I find myself getting out of control)

Bella 55 - I had 12 days of injections before my IUI, then on the 13 day my HCG injections and on the 14 the procedure. My levels on day 13 were LH-3, Prog-1.3, Oest-4697.

Anyway better go and get ready for work today for you all, hopefully we will get some great christmas presents this year

Morning Girls,

WLAB - Im glad you can relax now. I hope you saw some merit in getting the test done. I am still miffed as to why you clinic didnt order it though...Good luck for the rest of the TWW. How are things going with the pregnl?

I forgot to mention that my hubby also has the same problem with the pregnl, he smashes the glass and it goes everywhere..... I think the design is a little flawed!!

Antgirl - not long left for you now. On 2 more days. That is a great plan to go away on friday, no matter what the result. I wish we could do the same... Do you have any symptons?

AFM - yes, I guess you can say I am climbing the walls. This TWW is torture! I feel incredibly hormonal too, like every thing is ticking me off!! I have slight cramping every now and again, not much else to report on though. 4 days left till b/t....

Morning girls

Diamond: 4 days - you are so close - will you poas - ?

My pregnyl shot went well, I did it myself and didn't shatter the vial, so everything is in and just waiting to find out, I have had no symptoms, waiting for an implantation bleed, I had a nighmare last night, and dp woke me - someone was strangling me - and i knew I wasnt going to survive, so I am not sure what that means, Im really feeling I will fall in a heap if I get another neg this month, actually I feel really stressed and teary.. I am sure I will bounce back into it all tommorow, just having a bad day

Default Stress bunnies

Girls!

I reminded myself this morning that this is a numbers game more than anything else. We are all doing good work playing the numbers. There's absolutely nothing that can be done now except let nature take its course! :-)

WLAB - 62 is a great result. In our house we would say you are definitely in the game. But we now know it also indicates how many follicles actually popped an egg. Looks like two to me. What you'd want now is for that result to double every second day, which would confirm you've got an embryo feeding itself and thickening the endometrium. So far I've only seen my clinic do that kind of monitoring. But you could do it if your GP was willing to do the prog tests for you.

On the topic of nightmares, I also have pretty bad ones, especially lately, where either I'm dead or both my husband and I are dead for some reason or another. A counsellor told me this is a sign of deep seeded anxiety and insecurity. I believe ladies like us can't help being deeply anxious - this process effects EVERYTHING. I've found not eating carbs after 5.00pm decreases the incidence of nightmares (for me). Give that a go and see how you fair.

Anyway girls, love and light to all of you. I feel like I'm on the outside at the moment. AF due today. No sign thus far.

P.

Default Twisted cervix

Shades, where are you lovely? You've been quiet since your IUI.

I read your blog last week and was mortified for you. When you've forked out some much money for your treatment I expect people to be a bit more respectful. I had a bit of a think about the twisted cervix issue - my FS has told me that the cervix is extremely mobile at ovulation time. I've had 4/5 IUIs where mine has been either facing the wrong direction or has twisted itself sideways right when it was show time. We've fixed the problem by taking a good hard cough. The opening turns back around and we're able to get on with things. On the 4th go my FS commented that having a full bladder (which I did at the time) helps keep things in place. I usually go in for the treatment having has a cup of tea and 350mls of water, so my bladder is always full.

With regards to asking you to warm your donor sample up, I'm a little outraged by that! I'll talk to the girls next week and ask them more about the prep process for our donor sample.

P.

OP - when you say an embreo feeding itself, what do you mean ? I googled somewhere last night, and it said that prog is produced by the embreo only after 10 weeks - I am trying to find the artical and cannot, how would my body know to produce more prog if I may not have implanted as yet ?

I have BT request forms that my endo sends me so I could just write it on there, she wouldnt mind - I also read, during my google sessions, that you should have your Prog test in the morning before you eat, as carbs can rise a prog level ....

Oh dont feel on the outside, I feel inside/out as well, I really dont know at what stage we will ever feel any peace in this ttc rollercoaster,

Thanks for the n/mare advice

WLAB - 4 days feels like years away right now!!!! No, I wont POAS. I stay away from those things. Always have in my nearly 3 yrs ttc. I would rather wait until i am very late, or in this case for my b/t. My last injection was on sunday so i have to wait till b/t anyway, as a HPT could give me false pos.

Only 3.5 days to go now...

OP - AF is not here so it is not over yet babe!!! Maybe the cramping over the weekend is implanting, a late implantation. If that is true then the HPT will be wrong!! I have my fingers crossed for you that a miracle is heading your way.... Its not over till its over...

Default Caffeine in tww/ttc

Hi Everyone,

Just a question I would like to throw out there for all your thoughts...

Do you give up caffeine all together in the ttw and/or ttc time?

I know there are some people out there that do this. I have cut right back, tried to reduce my intake, no coffee, no coke, just one cup of tea a day. But I am wondering if it is all worth it.....?

I have done some reading and found that the official guideline is no more than 1 cup a day. So why is would you give it up altogether??

What are your thoughts????

Default Progesterone

WLAB, scroll way back to where Diamond and I were the only ones talking in this forum (about six weeks ago) where we talked about the effects of both progesterone and hCG on the early stages of pregnancy. I uploaded some stats on levels. Both these hormones take off from the fifth day after fertilisation and escalate dramatically every second day all the way through to the 12th week and then they both drop away.

Also, review my post last week on anatomy of a pregnancy, which explains cell division from day 1-6 (fertilisation to implantation). If the blastocyst doesn't implant on the 6th day after ovulation, it won't survive. It needs progesterone to feed off until a placenta is formed and an umbilical cord is established.

I note you place a lot of importance on seeing spotting as a sign of implantation. This doesn't happen for most women, so not seeing it means nothing. If your mum is still around have a talk to her about her experience when she was pregnant. I've found my mum's memories invaluable and with the little success I've had, I've noticed my experiences are bascially the same.

:-)
    P.

OP - I hadn't realised than being asked to defrost my own swimmers was such an odd thing? As far as I'm aware they just need to be warmed to body temp - my FS normally keeps the vial in his pocket for a while beforehand but he was busy busy so they asked me to hold it instead.
    Oh and I might have to drink heaps and have a coughing fit before my next one I think!

Diamond - re the caffeine - when I found new research that suggested that ANY caffeine can be harmful to fertility and baby I cut it out completely - I didn't know what it actually DID to reduce chances of pg so I wasn't sure what timeframes would be critical, ie. during ovulation, in LP, etc. So I just cut it completely.

Hi Shades,

Thanks for your reply. I would love to get my hands on that info also. Would you have a link or any reference to it at by any chance?

Its just funny though, these things that we worry about. I wonder if mums worried about this sort of thing many moons ago. Some in my circle of friends never worried about this sort of thing when they were having babies (20 yrs ago). How times have changed...

Diamond - I actually had a look for it as I was writing that reply but I can't figure out where it was

As one of my mum's friends said - all these things are just a way to help the numbers come out the way you want - they're not a guarantee - she did everything right during her pregnancy and her daughter was born at 28 weeks, and has cerebral palsy and a heart problem - then there are other mums at my brother's school that we all shook our heads at while watching them smoke with their big preggy bellies - and they both had healthy full-term babies. So there's no point beating yourself up about one or two tiny things like a cup of tea a day - just do the best you can.

Diamond

Being a coffee lover myself, I asked FS on my last visit should I cut out caffeine, she said to limit it to one a day, I switched to a good DeCaf Coffee, and I have a cup of T or maybe 2 during the day ..

I dont stress about my caffeine intake - I stress about stressing

OP - Thank you for your advice, Im so clueless in regard to my body and its capability's, I am going to the library tommorow to get some books, and see how it all works ....

Default Caffeine

Here comes OP with the scientific info: Caffeine is regarded as a toxin. Whether you drink it in coffee, cola, chocolate or tea, it's a toxin. The health nuts want people trying to conceive to cut it out because all toxins are processed in the liver. The liver plays a big role in hormone production, which for fertility challenged ladies like us, is really important to support.

I take lipoic acid capsules to support liver function.

That being said, I drink one latte a day and two cups of tea. I periodically give the coffee up, but will not relingquish my tea! Sometimes I get a great deal of comfort out of my coffee, and sometimes I need a lot of comfort. So I drink my latte, and I feel very comforted!

AFM: no AF. Totally weird.

:-)
    P.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast