Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome

I was also told the same thing from several doctor that it was all hormonal. I am currently trying to save up the money to get it reversed. It is funny that it is a medicare procedure to get it done but not to get it reversed.

Ang

Aquarius after reading your post, it got me thinking. I had my tubs clamped in 2000 when my son was 10 months old, he's now 7. In 2001 I had to have the left 1 taken off, so now that tube I was told is in 2 piece's. I've been wanting to have another baby since he was 2, but hubby say's no way. Since I've had my left clamp taken off, I've been put through the ringer. My period does come ever 27 days, but last year it was coming 5 days late, 2 days late, also some times it was only 2 days, then 7 days, and is always really heavy for the first few days, then goes light. For the last 12 months, I've been getting dizzy spells, light headed, feeling sick every now and then, bloating, night sweats. I thought I was going through early menopause. So I went to the Doc, and he asked me when my mum started menopause, she was 42. The feelings went away for a while, but now there back. I really hate my AF. If I really did'nt want to have another baby, I would go to the doc and tell him I want it out so I don't get af anymore. I also forgot. I get really bad ovulation pain. I did have to have a OP about 2001, because I was getting really really bad pain on the right side, so they checked it out to see what it was, but they found nothing, but that's when I had the left clamp taken off. I would go to the Doc, but I know my hubby would say it's because I want the right clamp taken off for more of a chance to get pregnant.

Crazymum2, how much does it cost to get a reversal. I was told that if you live in melbourne or vic, the womens hospital does it for free, only 2 a month. I think it was from 1 of the girl's on here, but not sure who. I only know that if you ring the hospital to find out you might be able to see. You have app with someone to get blood tests done, see a head shrinker with your hubby or partner, and things look good, you go on a waiting list. But I think it does'nt matter what state u r in, check with the womens hospital where u r, u never know..

rttj2000

I had a miscarriage 2001 and while I was in hospital they also clamped my tubes. I get really bad ovulation pain like golf balls passing though. I really hate my AF it can come anywhere from 23 day to 28 can last 2weeks first 5 day real heavy like day one flooding. I also have bloating moody headaches and Iíve put on weight. So I am having a tubal reversal well I am on the waiting list at the Royal womenís Reproductive services went on waiting list last September.

bernie

Hi bernie. I've been getting lots of headaches, and my tummy is the size like I'm 4 or 5 months pregnant and most times its hard. I'm due for af tomorrow, but I don't normally get bloating, so I not sure why my tummy would be like this. If I told my hubby I wanted to get them reversed, he would NO, because he would think I would get pregnant.. How did u get on the waiting list, and what did u have to do to get there..

Oh great!!!!!
    I had my tubes cut and cauterized only 4 weeks ago today!!!!
    I had horriffic ovulation pain and AF cramping/flooding BEFORE having it done,,,,,,,, now I wory about how things are going to be like after having it done,,,, however,, funnily enough, I hae not actually bled since 2 weeks after the caesar,, and now just today, i am spotting like AF is comming already,, and I am exclusively Breastfeeding my son......hhmmm, makes me wonder. If I had known there was such a list of side effects,, I would never had it done!!.

Oh gee Lil_Aussie i sure hope you dont get any of this mate. I have had a reversal so i can be normal again and let me tell you it doesnt happen over night. I had it done in oct and im still not 100%. Im going thru hell like most other women on here and in the tubal reversal thread aswell. I would not wish this upon anyone and the doctors dont tell you any of this. To many doctors play god and there are just somethings that should just be left alone.

hi rttj2000
    I went to my gp and got a refarral, then just rang them up and made a app,it was that easy , I rang in june and went in sep.
    bernie

Thanks bernie. My friend had her tubes clamped a few years ago, and had nothing but trouble. She went back in for a op and had the ablation done, thats where they burn the lining of your womb, anyway, she keeped on having trouble with bleeding sometimes for 2 weeks long and even getting them every 2 weeks. By the end she went it and had her womb removed. She had pain after the op, and some funny feelings, but she is getting better. She had the op last year.. I have regreted getting my tubes clamped ever since..

Hi there.
    I had my tubes clipped while having my DS3 via c section. My OB made it seem like a great idea, it's probably a great thing for you he said, if you want more babies later you can do IVF he said. What he didn't tell me was that I would have all the symptoms of menopause and horrible ovulation pain and period pain like labour as well as migraines, bloatedness, pregnancy symptoms, hair-loss and many other things. He also didn't tell me that sometimes blood flow to some areas gets damaged and your estrogen levels slow down and you can start early menopause. Or that the lack of blood to your ovaries can make your ovaries die. The amount of complications that can happen and you never know about them til it is too late. They do not tell you any of this is the pamphlets you are given and I am very sure my OB never mentioned these things otherwise I would never of had my tubes clipped. Many women have no problems, my mum and about 5 of my friends, no probls but myself and a close friend, lots of probs. I wish I had have done more research. TL reversal here I come!

Good for you Jimssteph21 you go girl. I was exactly the same but i didnt put it down to have my tubes done i was just thinking i was abit off. Then i found this site and boy did it open my eyes. It was the best thing i ever did having the reversal but im still not back to normal yet but i guess everything takes time

sandien Guest

Hi my name is Sandie. I had a tubal ligation 9 years ago now after my last child. The reason why I had it so young at 23 was because I was with a man who was not very nice at all. This man, the father to my children never took any responsability with contraception and refused to let me take any controll, not to mention abusive and controlling. After my last child, I asked my Doctor that as I was having a C section I wanted a tubal ligation, because I felt it was the only was to stop me having child after child. Eventually I gained the strength and I left him. I am now married with a man i new from high school, and he is absolutely perfect. He too has a child to another relationship. Recently we completed our first IVF cycle, amazingly we were lucky to fall pregnant, however a week later I miscaried I was approximately 4-5 weeks. I feel IVF is to heart breaking as you put alot of hard work into trying to concieve a child, not to mention the emotional dedication each couple experiance. Now I want to look at a reversal of tubal ligation, but it costs so much, surely there must be a way where some women that fit into a catagorie or something are legible to have a reversal. For people like myself, I thought I was doing the right thing, protecting myself from being a single mother on the pension and having ten kids! Now I feel so punished for trying to do the right thing as it is costing so much. Does anyone else have a simliar story?

Sandie ~ I am really sorry about your miscarriage, how are you feeling? I thought I would be stopping myself from ending up with 10 children too but you know I really bowed to pressure from my mum and others around me because they wanted me to have the TL done. I got it done and I regret it because I do want those 10 kids!!! Maybe not 10 but I would love to have another 3. It is really unfortunate that the reversals cost so much. It seems stupid to me, as the government helps pay for some IVF treatments, which would cost them alot more than if they were to cover some of the cost for a TR. I know even after a TR some women need to have IVF anyway so why make the TR so expensive, those women who do need to have IVF are out of pocket so much more. My story isn't quite the same as yours but I understand where you are coming from. My Ob made things seem rosy but he didn't tell me how much pain and stress you go through with IVF. I have seen my cousin going through it and I would not want to do it myself. DH and I are going to get a personal loan to pay for my TR, I am sure alot of poeple would have to because lets face it who has 8 or 9 grand just laying around. Are you going to try again with IVF or just go straight to the TR?

sandien Guest

Cool

Hi steph, I don't think my husband and myself will go through IVf again, we are just going for the TR. Just like you we to are looking at a personal loan to help us out, but first were going to buy our house wich hopefully won't be to far away. I wonder if we get enough people together we could put something forward to change the politics of Tubal Ligations and reversals. I personally do not see why there is so much controversy to reversing it in the first place, isn't it just a subtle way of taking our rights as women away? I don't mind paying for the op to be honest but for an operation that is done via a laprascope, that probably takes about 15 minutes if that! where is the money going to??? An anesthatist bill will probably be a few hundred but to pay someone 8 grand for a 15 minute job is just ludacrist!. I'm determined to look into this.

Hey Sandien,
    I too was once in your position and i had my tubes tied because it was the best thing for me to do at that time in my life. Now my life has changed alot and for the better. I had my tubes reversed last October but there are no guarantees that i will be able to fall pregnant. It cost me $3000 for the op $269 for my bed and $670 for the anesthatist which you get half of that $670 back.It only costs $8000 and $9000 if you have it done in a private hospital. I went to the RPA hospital in sydney as a private uninsured patient. You will find that most of the cost is the hospital. Just to get a example call Dr Cooper because he does it at both private and public hospitals. And there are always the public waiting lists if your willing to wait which i was not. At least with IVF you are all most guareented to fall pregnant and most of what you pay you get back.The op takes 120minutes if all goes well. Some doctors can do the reversal via micro surgery lapo but most will open your c/s scare up and do the reversal that way. Ive been trying for 6months now and its not easy and i dont even know if its gunna work. We are going to give it till July and if nothing works then we will try IVF. There is a thread in here called tubal reversal come and have a chat and all the girls can give you all there stories and so you dont feel alone. Gee i love bellybelly cause its so good to get advise and also so you can tell your story to help others.
    Last edited by Mumof8; March 31st, 2007 at 09:50 AM.

Sandie - My Ob made TL seem so great but he never told me anything about the tubes sometimes breaking after a certain time being clipped and that reversal isn't always successful, he just told me that a reversal could be done if I changed my mind later and that IVF was an option if I didn't want to go through another surgery. I think the reversals maybe should be covered partly by medicare for those who have PTLS, afterall PTSL wasn't something that was chosen, not part of the TL plan. The way Mumof5 got hers done seems alot cheaper than going completely private.

Mumof5 ~ As I said above, I think your TR price was fairly reasonable and it sounds like the way to go to me. Did you have yours done via lapo or did they open your c/s scar? If they did open c/s scar do you know how much they open, the whole scar or just a little? My scar ended up being about 45cms long and I don't fancy getting it undone again unless another baby is coming out! lol

Jimssteph21.... Yeah i had mine done via lapo but my gyno told me not alot of doctors do it that way cause micro surgery is very hard they would just sooner open you right up.I was pretty sore after the op and since it was only 4 little holes i was shocked at the pain. My tubes were cut and sewn shut in the first op when i had my last baby and you had the claps put on.Either way the tube is still cut on having your reversal so they can cut away the dead part of your tube where the clap was.WOW 45cms gee you got riped off. Its only meant to be the length of your pubic line which is about 10 to 15cms long. Do you mind me asking why yours is so long.
    Last edited by Mumof8; April 1st, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

mumof5 ~ 10-15 cms!!! I sure did get ripped off. My 1st c-section was an emergency, that is the only real reason I can think of why my scar is so long. It ended up jagged and really nasty looking, like someone had taken the scissors to my belly. I couldn't even look at myself. I had staples and the scar got very infected. The Ob who did my
    2nd and 3rd c/s fixed the scar for me so at least it is not jagged and disgusting anymore. I don't really care about the length now that it is faded, no one is going to see it so I can live with it. Hard to beleive that mine is more than double what a normal one is.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast