Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Quote Originally Posted by Stejen View Post
    Ally - Welcome! I have read about a lot of different people who started at 50mg of Clomid and didn't "o". My dr actually started me at 100mg on cd3-7, which I didn't know was unusual until I started reading more. I had a few side effects (moody, HOT FLASHES!!) but it wasn't terrible, and I'm pretty sure I did "o". This was actually my first cycle on it, and I'm currently on CD27...just waiting to test. I'm sure if your dose is increased you will "o".

Ginna - It's great to hear a success story, and on the first try!! I've been trying not to get my hopes up this cycle because it's my first cycle with clomid and I know it doesn't usually happen on the first try...but good luck to you with the next one!!

My temp stayed up this morning...98.0...and I think I can actually count this one. I slept really well last night, woke up this morning and took it right away....so I've come to the conclusion that I need to stop worrying about my temps because they are ALL OVER THE PLACE!! Haha!! I know all the threads I have read have talked about the killer 2WW, but this is just about agonizing....I just have to "Let go and let God" ...it'll happen when it's supposed to! (I just want to know either way!! )
    Hey Stejen

Well that temp looks promising! Temperature charting can be a fab tool whilst TTC but if you are anything like me who over analyses things too much then sometimes it can actually hinder things, ssometimes I felt that I wanted things to happen so badly that I really put too much emphasis on my temps & it made me miserable. At one stage I thought that it might be better for me to just chuck the thermometer away & not bother as it was making things worse but if you can tell yourself that there is numerous things that can alter out temp & not stress on it too much then it tends to work much better for us. Remember this is only your first round & you have plenty of chances for this to work which im very confident it will & you are already seeing encouraging signs that it's doing something & I didn't "O" until my fourth round of clomid & I also got pregnant on that round so there's a big chance that will happen for you too. You are definately looking at it the right way & have a great attitude & im positive that your attitude can make the world of difference to the outcome! All the best for you test, let me know how you go?

Bec and Kel - Thanks for the kind words...I'm trying really hard not to stress and let this control all of my thoughts...this evening I have been having slight cramps, lower back pain, and I had a major stomachache after I ate dinner...to me these seem like signs that AF is getting ready to make an appearance...at least then this 2ww will be over!! And, like you said Kell, this is my first cycle so if AF does show then I still have plenty of chances!!

Hey Stejen

I know it's easier said than done not to stress as I was exactly the same, but I really think that if you can manage to find something to keep your mind off it or a distraction in order to relax then it makes a huge difference. When I fell pregnant on my last round id really made a concious effort to chill out as im someone that's always doing something or I feel lost, but I went away for a few days with my family & distracted myself & threw away the temp charts etc & thought, I can't change the outcome so might as well just get on with it & low & behold I fell pregnant! Im also a massive believer in accupuncture as well & naturopathy & believe they played a huge part in my success as they both dramatically reduced my stress levels, have you ever tried anything like that? You definately have lots of other chances & clomid has so many success stories & most of them don't happen on the first round or even the second so im sure things will work out for you, I didn't think anything was going to work with how severe my pcos was but I was wrong! Although in saying all that I will let you know that I thought I was getting my period too as I had the exact same symptoms as that but it turns out that pregnancy often has the exact same symptoms too so it may also be that!!!

nicole85 Guest

hey

Well i havent got my period yet and i like Stejen am trying not to let this rollacoaster get to me but it is really hard . I feel like its never gunna happen and i feel like my good attitude has dissapeared .. I hope like u kell it happens for us one day soon. Its this stupid waiting game thats is ****ting me Sorry to vent like this but just had to get it out.

oxox nic

Hey everyone, I took clomid for both of my daughters. Ist baby only took one cycle and the second baby was 2 cycles.. so clomid definatley does work. I took the pill in the morinings say bout 10:30 and never had any problems , although i did experience some hot flushes in the afternoons but not many. Good luck to all on Clomid cycles!

Ok, so I am attempting not to freak out!! Today I am 11dpo and I had a dollar store test in my drawer so to just get my mind off it all day I decided to test. I prepared myself for the BFN, but I have two papers to write today, and I don't want to sit here and think about that test in the drawer....I took it.

I was folding the laundry and went over to look at the test after a few minutes. I just glanced and it looked like a bfn as usual. I finished folding the laundry, which only took about one more minute, and picked the test up to throw it away. I know that 11dpo is pretty early to test and if there was anything it would be pretty faint likely...so I stood by the window and looked at it in the light....there is the absolute faintest second line!!

I thought my eyes, or my mind was playing tricks on me, and I actually went and stood in the driveway in my pjs so I could look at it in the sun....Seriously I have looked at a lot of tests, and have tried to say that there is a faint second line, but this is the first time that there is something there. It's sooooo light I can barely see it, but I really think it's there. I keep looking at the test, under the light, turning it in my hands, and I really think I see just a little something...ahhhhhh!! I guess I will wait a couple days and test again, and hope for a dark dark dark bfp!!

I had to come on here and freak out about the faint line because I don't want to tell my husband and get his hopes up before I know for sure!! You guys are my freak out mechanism!!! Well...my hopes are definitely up, but I'm going to try to stay calm and understand that maybe I am just seeing things...the waiting game continues with a little more optimism then yesterday!!!!!

stejan! I'm sure the lines there. My sister only had a really faint line and she was pregnant. Keep us posted.

Me- yesterday i went to the FS for the U/S to see if there were any follies forming. Nothing has happened. NOTHING. There doesn't seem to have been any response. It's only CD 11, and dr suggested it was too early (he organised the U/S) and to scan again next week (my work will be really happy I need another day off). Whats more, he said because I have had quite severe side effects with the clomid, I maybe shouldn't take it anymore and take injections of something called Gonal f. Has anyone else had to take that?
    I don;t know what to do. I live and work a long way from the doctors office and I am going to need scans every week or something, and I can't take time off to do it. I'm a bit of a mess at the moment, and I'd appreciate any advice.
    Bec

Thumbs up

Stejen - how exciting!! My fingers are crossed for you that you get an even stronger double line in the next few days!

So...today I tested again...I'm pretty sure this one is a BFN. I'm looking for a faint line like yesterday, but now I think I'm just forcing myself to see something that isn't there...Or maybe it was an evap line...

I'm still only 12DPO, and my temps are still above the coverline...so I'll just have to keep waiting! (Seems I say that a lot!)

nicole85 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stejen View Post
    So...today I tested again...I'm pretty sure this one is a BFN. I'm looking for a faint line like yesterday, but now I think I'm just forcing myself to see something that isn't there...Or maybe it was an evap line...

I'm still only 12DPO, and my temps are still above the coverline...so I'll just have to keep waiting! (Seems I say that a lot!)

Oh hun i know how u feel .. i have done so so so so many test and i always think i see a second line. To tell u the truth i think it is our minds wanting it so much (i know it is with me ) we believe we see what we want to see
    I am like u and in the waiting game stage which is so annoying.... It will happen hun we all just have to be positive (not to positive that we see things lol) i really hope it has worked for u mate i really do my fingers are crossed

oxox nic

Well, 13DPO today...my temp is still above the coverline, and no sign of AF. I am not going to test for a couple days...my test date is Tuesday so I will wait until then.

Hey Stejen

Any news yet, it's Tuesday???? Im so excited for you & please let us know how you go with your test today. It's all so nerve racking isn't it but also exciting. Good Luck.

Hi all...well yesterday my temp dropped, and I was really disappointed, but then this morning it went straight back up. I went to the bathroom to test, and low and behold there was AF!! Darn darn darn!

I thought I was going to be really disappointed if she showed, but I'm actually pretty ok with it. This was my first cycle with Clomid so I have plenty of chances left!! I got more excited about the fact that I'm having AF without the Provera, so obviously I did in fact ovulate with the Clomid!! That is good news!!! So...now at least I know the Clomid is doing it's thing, and a new cycle begins!!

What about everyone else?? Any updates out there??

Hello everyone!
    I am currently on my 1st round of Clomid. I will be taking my 3rd pill tonight. So far the only side effect I have had is being tired all the time. Around 3 in the afternoon I feel like I cannot stay awake for nothing. I am really hoping that this drug helps us. After lots of tests my doctor told me that I do not ovulate. I have read the stories online of people that get lucky and get Preggo their first cycle. Realistically that isnt going to happen for me. So I am just along for the ride and trying not to get my hopes up.

I am soooo happy to find this thread. Its great to find some people that are going through the same thing as me. Support is a great thing.

Good Luck everyone and I will be checking everyday now that I know you guys are here

Thing: Welcome to the thread! I'm just finishing my first cycle of Clomid, and I know exactly what you are going through. I definitely got my hopes up a little bit thinking it would happen for me the first cycle, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I thought AF arrived this morning, but I just went to change my tampon, and nothing....interesting....but I'm sure she's on her way....the good thing is that the clomid seemed to make me ovulate the first time around!! I started on 100mg days 3-7...what about you?

Anyway, I have found that this thread is very helpful to get advice...vent...and share what you're feeling! Plus, all the more people to celebrate with you when you get your BFP!!

I am taking 50mg on CD5-9. So today is CD7.
    I have been reading online that some people take Mucinex or Robbitussion (spelling is probably wrong) to help with the effects of dryness... Some people swear it helps. Any opinions on this? Has anyone tried it? I am to the point that I would try anything to increase my chances.

Some background on my relationship.. My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years (June 5th) I am 22 almost 23 (June 3rd) and he is 23. He is in the military. We have been trying for a couple years but for all of our marriage we havent been using bc.

Thing - I did the robitussin during this cycle with clomid, but it was my first cycle so I have nothing to compare it to as far as CM...I was never dry though so it must have helped.

As for me...let the confusion continue. Get ready for a little TMI - This morning I got up to test and wanted to check for AF first. I wiped before I went to the bathroom, and noticed the toilet paper was brown and gooey. As per my earlier post, I thought it was AF so I put the test away, put a tampon in, and called the doctor to get my prescription called in for the next batch of Clomid...left a message.

I got to work this morning and about three hours into the day I went to the restroom to change my tampon. I took it out and there was only a very little, little bit of brown (not red) on it. I didn't put a new tampon in and have only been using a pantyliner so far today, and nothing on it all day. There hasn't even been anything when I wipe after I use the restroom. I have never spotted before, but I have also not ovulated in who knows how long!

My Dr's nurse called me back and said "So, you started your period." I said, "Well, I actually don't know". I explained to her what happened and asked if this is in fact CD1. She said the fact that it is brown tells her that it is old blood, and perhaps I haven't actually started yet. She told me to test tomorrow because it is very common to have spotting and still be pregnant. She said if it is negative to call back and we can decide where to go from there...I'm actually hoping AF shows up in full force before I can test because I don't really want to see that BFN!! Plus I want to accurately be able to detect CD1.

So...waiting game still...my my my!

welcome Thing!

Stejan- what a rollercoaster you're on! I really really hope that it's either a BFP or the sign of your body doing all the things it's supposed to do all by it's self. Good Luck!

Me- Today I went back for my second scan to see if the clomid worked. Last friday (CD11) I went and my FS said it hadn't and I should stop takingit becasue of the bad side effects I had. Anyway, today I went to a different doctor (who works with my FS) and she scanned and bingo one 18mm follie on the left side!!!!!! I am so excited that being sick for a whole week on clomid was worth it. Do you guys have to get the shot to make you ovulate? I've never had it, but if it does the job, I will do anything!

I really hope you are all well, and I hope clomid does the job for all of us and we have BFP soon,
    Bec

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast