Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tubal Reversals #13

I rang him and he was the quickest (17/4/08) but the time didnt suit.
    I went for the one I did as they were the cheapest ($250 for 2) where the others were $180 each.
    The time suited us too as we have to get from newc to syd after we drop kids at school and preschool and be home by 6pm for collection of them from family.
    At least I have plenty of time to get more shifts and pay for all this LOL...
    I don tend to work much as a rule as I left fulltime to focus on my children, but I will take whatever for a few weeks and save some money while I can.
    (You never know I may not fall first go and might want to go again, which means $1400 again)...

Thats still pretty good getting in that soon.Some clinic's have a 6month wait.
    Its only $1450 again if you dont have any eggies frozen. But if you manage to get some put on ice its only between $550-$760 which is awesome.
    So "IF" we decided to use our left our embryo then we would only have to pay that.
    But if our 4 embryo's all died during the defrosting then we would have to do a hole new cycle $1450(which i wouldn't do again).
    I would just be happy with the babies i have.

Hi, I have my first appointment at the Royal Women's in Melb to get my tubes reversed in 2 weeks. Just wondering what to take with me and what to expect during this appointment?
    Thanks,
    karend

Hi Karen..... Take any paper work you have on your T/L and any ultrasounds or test you may have had done. Just have a list of question you may want to ask the doctor

Thanks.... I sent my referal off by email, so i included where i had my tubes tied and who did the op then. My GP also included my last U/S results in the referal( damn ovarian cysts, which took the docs a week of me going back to them to send me off for the U/S. Wasn't happy at all). Will they do any tests on the day of the appointment?

HI karend Welcome, I cant help you with what to expect as I have not had my reversal done but if this is not too personal what is the op costing you?
    I am doing Ivf instead of a reversal due to the costs involved with reversal.

Was wondering where everyone had gone as it got a bit quiet in here....
    kiya are you still with us?
    and mumof5 how's that pregnancy going?

Karen, I never had any tests done on the day. And the next time i seen him i was laying on a bed telling him i didnt want to die and i had 5 good reason as to why i should be going home at the end of the day (lap micro surgery). I was so bl00dy scared cause i had never been put to sleep before so i had no control if you know what i mean.With a C/S your awake and you know whats going on.
    They just asked for some medical history and why i was wanting it done!

Mummy25... Im so done i just want to have the baby right now. Im tried sore and just pi$$ed off with myself. It just seems to be dragging now.
    I had my sons second birhtday yesterday so we did a party with all the party food then i got 10 pizzas. And just cleaning up last night i was buggered.
    Now i have to start getting my other sons party ready which is on easter sunday hes going to be 9.
    So we are having a big easter hunt followed by a BBQ and a jumping castel. There are only so many hours in a day and i only have 2 hands.
    Last edited by Mumof8; March 4th, 2008 at 11:26 AM.

MAZ!!!!! STORM!!!! Where the hell are you both

mummy25- They said $5000 if i go privately or free if i go as a public patient. i went privately to get my tubes done. Wish now that i had gone on the waiting list as i probably would have talked myself out of it.... It all depends on what the doc says on the 17th as to whether i want to go as a private or public patient.(im not the most patient person on the planet). I have been thinking about this for a long time, finally got up the courage and asked for the referal. Now im scared now that the journey has begun.

mumof5- thats ok.... did they ask your DH for a sample? If so my DH wants to know when do they ask for it?

Karend - in nsw we cant get it on free list and have to pay private only.

mumof5 - soon she will be born and it will be all over and totally worth it...
    I love party's, Good luck with it and hope they dont eat too much chocolate before Jumping..... yes very tiring...

yeah i'm still here. i really pi$$ed off atm. The house issue is driving me up the wall and i feel like just packing up and walking away from it all. All of this is pushing my IVF further back, and i have had enough. Cheers kiya

Karen... No not when i had my T/R i dont even think he came to my appointment with me cause he was working.
    Mummy25.. Yeah i know its just one bad day i guess. Im so out of breath today and im hands are feeling pretty swollen. Have my hospital appointment tomorrow arvo

kira are you buying or building or renovating...???
    All are stressfull...
    you know when we sold our old house (which was old and in need of renovation's fully) my partner and I faced so many problems we both dont know how we made it through, i think we stopped talking for a little while as every time we would talk we would argue....
    Everything that could go wrong, DID....
    Hang in there all good things come to those who wait, or so they say....

mumof5--- Think hubby needs to give you a massage and some flowers would be nice too..... Flowers always cheer us women up even if they are from woolworths (my partner has never seen inside a florist and I dont think he ever will LOL)...
    Good luck with appointment.....

we own, and our house is a 110yo old queenslander on acreage. It is need of desperate renovation, but i simply have had enough and would rather walk away from it all. we have a design ready to get the final quote on, but with dh's roster we can never be in the same place together for even 5 mins.

Mine has never gotton me flowers either but if he did i would probably say why did you waste money on studid flowers. And he cant be trusted with money cause he just wastes it. But i did say that when the baby comes if he doesnt come to the hospital with some flowers and a big ITS A GIRL balloon his life wont be worth living

Hey girls, how are we all today ?
    Welcome Karend, I had a reversal in June 06 on the public system which was free of charge. They do require a sample from your hubbie, usually on the second appointment but as im in Tassie i combined my first and second appointments in the one. Hubbie had his test early that morning and our app was in the afternoon which I had blood taken for HIV, HEP B&C, etc and they had the results from hubbies test at the time of our app.. which was really good. That was the only appointment we had. It took 9 months from start to finish to go in and have the op.. Im not sure of the success rates but I`ve had one pg 14 months later that sadly I lost at 9 weeks, on the up side at least I know the op was succesful and hopefully we wont have to wait too long for another...

Flowers what are they ???
    Hope you guys are feeling better soon, take care.

You all dont get flowers????
    Ok I admitt he usually only buys them for me when i have a baby or if he is in the dog house....
    he only ever buys them from woolworths, going to a florist is too much trouble for him...
    I am the naughty one with money and tend to waste it, where as he wont, thus he does the bills and handles our cash (I have no concept with money and could spend the lot in one day -- shop a holic.....)
    I do the grocerys and get spending money, everything else he does and I love it as i dont have to stress about it all, he does !!! Anything like christmas and birthday presents/clothes for our kids we do together as i would spend up big and he wont allow it...

wow it is really quiet in here. Did everyone disappear down a black hole or something. Cheers kiya

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast