Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Tubal Reversals #13

Looks like It Kira !!!..

MUMOF5 Is IVF that Bad ? you said you would not do the whole process again if your eggs didnt survive the defrosting.....
    Im asking as I wanted to donate some eggs for a friend while i had my IVf.
    she cant use hers and has already been let down with a donor.
    ivf wont do both together so to help her i have to do ivf twice....
    I dont get paid but i do get to help a married couple have a baby...
    All i have to do is the hard part, when the eggs are retrieved she gets them....
    (kindof sucks that i cant have any of them, to save doing it twice but they said no to that one)...
    what are your thoughts on this one everyone ???

Mummy25......Dnt get me wrong if i really had to do it again i would but i have gotten what i wanted out of the hole thing. Its truly not that bad honest but there is a few teary days ahead (just like being pregnant i guess).
    I was meaning that if we decided to go again and our blasties didnt make it then i wouldnt be disappointed. I just didnt want to waste them if you know what i mean!
    We had talked about donating our left over embryoes but i just cant do it.
    To know there is a baby out there that is mine and some else is raising it GEE! I just cant seem to get my head around that. I would be forever worried that that baby would feel that something is missing in its life or it may not feel like it belongs. I have heard stories of people being adopted and they have never known but they have always felt a sence of loss or not belonging. Its not until they find out there adopted that they realize what was really missing and why they felt like they didnt belong.

I had a scan today and bub is 3p 5 oz there are some pics in my gallary

i tend to agree with you em....i thought about doing the same thing i happened to have any eggies left over, but decided that i too would not be able to do with a child out there that was mine & dh's and it was not apart of our family. It also falls under the same category as surrogacy. I just couldn't or wouldn't do it for the same reason i guess. We have our children for a reason and that is because they are ours and made out of love. We go through the process of having a reversal done not only because we want to feel normal again, but also because we want to bring another child into this world that was created either by IVF or naturally out of love between ourselves and our partners. cheers kiya

Kiya i do agree totally. I sometimes think im being selfish as i have nearly 6 beautiful babies and some people have none and cant have any. I could never imagine life without having my kids,well it wouldnt be a life at all. I do truly wish i could help in some way but giving a baby away is just not in my nature,im to much of a mothering person.As for being a surrogacy i do truly believe i could do that for someone. Knowing its not your egg nor your partners sperm. I would never think it was mine because its not, not wat so ever. I believe i could gladly hand the baby over just so long as it did have any of me in it(if you know what i mean).
    As for people that do donate there egss and embryoes they are truly gifts from god
    It takes a very strong and beautiful person to do that for someone

I could not carry a baby ad give it up (even if it was not my egg)...
    during pregnancy I would feel that baby grow, hear his/her heartbeat, and when born I would hear that baby cry for me (the one he/she has heard for 9months, and yearned to meet...)
    Egg donation to me is like giving blood, I wont save a life but I will help create one....
    No not everyone can do this and I understand fully, it does not mean you are selfish for not doing it, it means you are following your heart.....
    (honestly if it was craig donating sperm I could not allow it, I guess I would not worry about the child so much but the connection he may have with it should they ever meet, maybe he might feel more connected with that child more than the one's he has raised??? - I dont know how to explain why? I can do this but not let him do it)....

Mummy25...I fully understand what you mean and what your trying to say.
    I wouldnt let Rob do it either just cause i am selfish in that way and im the only woman in this life time that will ever have his children.
    They are all tough choices and life changing ones. We all have different thoughts on things i guess thats why we are all different.

I asked my partner for his thought about donating some of my eggs.
    I got to the eggs part and he said NO NO...
    he said its like cheating on me only without the sex part.
    OK I see his point, and while I would like to help, I cant if he feels this way...
    It's a shame as I would have loved to do it as I know i could have....

Mumof5 I noticed you still seem undecided on your bub's name...
    I love both your names...
    I have a friend who named her girls tenielle, and shaynaya, I thought I would share these with you (not to try and confuse you) just that I love these names, and thought you might not have heard them....

mumof5 love the baby pictures, they are amazing...
    so makes me want ONe........

Evening All,

Ive been lurking here for a while, so I thought it was about time that I post and even ask some questions if I may?

A little about me, I'm a 35yr married mum of 5 kids aged 12, 9 nearly 6, 4 and a 6 and half months. My first 4 kids were natural and my last was elected c/section due to hypertension and also being breach. During my last 2 pregnancy I suffered pelvic separation (SPD) and hyperemesis and PND. (doing well weren't i). With my last pregnancy my hubby and I discussed this as being our last and if I was to have a c/section I would get my tubes tied. In the back of my mind if I was truthful to my self I wouldn't have done it, but with all the complications that I suffered with it my mind was very foggy. Besides my hubby said no more as he did not want me to go through the pain and high BP. I also felt that my trusted Ob was also encouraging it.

Well I did have it done August 07, I honestly can say that I do not remember signing that consent that day, but that's another story.. I however did see my Ob 3 months after the c/section for my post 6 weeks check up ( I was late seeing him because I was distressed about having been sterilised. My PND and anxiety in that 3 months was very high.) Well wasn't he in a bit of shock when my hubby addressed it with him. He never explained the little bits and pieces about the clips and the fact that they crush & destroy the tubes and there is a small chance that the clips can fall off and float around the abdomen. Then there was the fact that he never gave me the information sheet/booklet. However I don't blame him. He did apologise sincerely and I know that he took it personally. My hubby said the look on his face was one that he had not seen. It emotionally shook him up. Its now been six months along and I'm about to have my reversal done on Monday.

I must say that I am anxious, scared and excited all rolled up in one. But I do have a question. I'll be having the procedure done by keyhole surgery can you please tell me what the recovery time was like post procedure, are you limited on what you can and cant do ( like when you have c/section). I'm sure I have some more question that I hope you can help me with...

Its getting late I best go to bed. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Harmonie.... I had the key hole via lapo. I was home that afternoon but i was pretty sore. I think it took a week of light duties which is hard i know with 5 kids.
    I was very scared to because i had never been fully knocked out before.
    May i ask where and who is doing your op?

Hi harmonie Welcome....
    I have not had my tubes reversed (as i cant afford the $7600 to do it) but I am starting IVf soon)...
    I do understand about being in the position that you were, being pregnant and having complications....
    I also have 5 children and my last almost died as her blood flow through the placenta was going to fast and she started to starve (being born at 37weeks and only 5 pound 4) she was a c section and i did it for the same reason as you and regretted it about 3 weeks later when I was sane....
    I had 3 x c sections in total because my placenta's would break up and crumble on their way out after birth, my second birth - dont get me started on that one, lets say if i had the money i would have proceded to sue the doctor but did not so i pulled out, it's a shame as i would have won a packet, (dam jerk.... I lost a twin with that pregnancy (like mumof5) and then after 3 DAYS labour and 2 weeks over due I gave birth to my daughter, then my placenta broke up, and the doctor thought he could manually remove it, so he started to pull on it and in the mean time make me scream like hell, he made me loose 3 litres of blood, and in the end my partner said get away from her or I'll punch you" I went to surgery straight after and did not get to hold/feed my daughter untill 4 hours after her birth, when Igot home i had migranes, and could not get out of bed for 3 days, I did not get to bond with my baby and they should have given me blood transfusions and did not).
    and guess what every pregnancy after this i bleed untill 13 weeks, and I tell you he did that somehow he has damaged something)....
    I'm in nsw and as far as i know I cannot have a reversal on the free list, so a reversal is out of the question as we just dont have that kind of money.
    If I saved I would have but I have never been one with patience.....
    you are in the right place as a few of the ladies in here have had a reversal and could explain the procedure....
    Good Luck !!!

hi everyone well not pregnant don't matter he asked if i was under a lot of stress and i said yes because of my dh' s ex the ***** she does it because she has nothing better to do grrrrr i had the worst news today my 18yr old neice is in the hospital on life support so i won't be coming on for a while ok talk again soon.

Oh Rhonda i hope everything will be ok. for your family

MUMof5 you were home that afternoon???? OMG....
    Mine was going to keep me in for 3 days after op.
    mind you for the money he had a excellent reputation and success rate....
    If this is not too personal why? did you need ivf after having T/r ?

not good mrsjac with ex: and niece.....
    niece gets better real soon...
    ex: goes on a long holiday and leaves you alone...

Mummy25... Mine was done by Dr Cooper in sydney. It was done via keyhole surgery so its only day surgery. In one door out the next.
    I had my T/R in 23rd October of 2006 (same bloody year i had it done).
    After trying to have a baby for a year i just wasnt prepared to wait any longer.
    Like i could have waited another 12months and i might not have fallen pregnant.
    So i felt i was just wasting time.
    After my reversal i had the dye test done to show if the tudes are working and it showed that only one tube was working and the other one had to much scare tissue so i guess that haved my chances.
    Sometime tubes after being untieded can still not ever work because of the scare tissue just closes them shut.
    I never had the clips mine were cut and stitched off at each end. But when they put them back together weather you have had the clips or cut its all still the same as they have to cut the piece of skin where the clip as been because that is all dead tube
    Last edited by Mumof8; March 7th, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

Oh Dea......your niece needs family right now, so you be there. We will all be here waiting for your return. Oh and on the ex.....i can so totally relate, and so can't wait for the day i can say $#@% off. Kiya

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast