Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscarriage/Loss General Discussion #1

Mumstar - it took me 12 weeks to get my AF back after my D and C back in 2005. I thought it would never ever come, but apparently som women's bodies just take a little longer thatn usual. Have you thought about taking Vitex to tune everything up and hopefully spur on AF? Don't worry hun, i am sure things will work out soon, but i know how frustrating it is as well. Big hugs.

mumstar Guest

thanks littlescottishboy, I started taking vitex about 2-3 weeks ago, so here's hoping. It is frustrating. I do understand that it can take a while, but I fell like I am missing out on this time to really try and get pregnant. Just have to be patient - easier said than done!

hey mumstar,
    why don't you go to the local GP and get them to check your hormone levels. Maybe they can tell you a bit what is going on- whether you have o'ed or not ect.

Hi girls.. Hope you are all doing well.. I am still lurking around the threads. Am just laying low for a while but getting better with each day now. I am just waiting for O, the Vitex hasn't really brought my O date forward either. I don't expect to get pg the very cycle after my mc so don't feel any pressure on myself atm which is nice for a change.

Mumstar - wow, that is a very long time you poor soul.. I tend to agree with Odette, go and get a BT to see if there is anything going on. Best of luck..

Take care all.. xx

oHH Mumstar - gosh I feel for you, I would be annoyed and confused too! Hopefully the vitex helps soon!

Nicambar - glad you are feeling less pressure, I am feeling like I am more anxious to fall pregnant after a m/c, that clock is just ticking away..........

Hope everyone is well, I am in a bad place right now, I hate feeling this way!

mumstar Guest

Thanks sheerjoy, odette, nicambhar - I did have a blood test done about 2 weeks ago-it came out negative. The GP told me that he wouldn't do anything until I am at least 16 weeks (4 months) post d & c. Then if I still haven't had a period by then, I will have to be sent for scan to check for retained products. But at my 6 week check up with my OB's he did a scan and said completely clear and uterus looks small (which is all good). I am just really anxious/frustrated that I can't have a period or can't get pregnant at the moment. Sorry for the rant.

Mumstar - 16weeks, OMG, that is absurd.. No wonder you are feeling anxious about TTC. Don't be sorry about ranting, we are here to support each other.. I really hope the Vitex works soon for you.

Sheree - I see that you are a year older than me, my DP will be 40 next December and he doesn't want to become a new dad any time after that.. I understand where he is coming from and there isn't anything that I can do about it so I think that I am at the point of what happens is it for us.. I think I am feeling less pressure atm because we have sold our house and are going to build another one, so have just so much more on my mind than TTC... I hope that you are feeling better than yesterday.. xx

Mumstar - you are right none of that makes sense, and understand your anxiousness, I would hate to be waiting in limbo when I could be doing my best to the ttc. Big hugs to you.

Nicambar - Yeah a year older huh. Sometimes I wonder if my body clock is ticking alot lately, you have to wonder sometimes if all these problems would have happened if I was under 30. That is a shame about your hubby, hopefully it will happen for you guys, tell him my uncle (55) has become a dad for the 2nd time to his new wife who is 7 days older then me. So if he can do it, so can your dh. But in saying that my uncle will be 75 when his daughter is 20 OMG!

Hi Sheree, Odette and Nicambhar,

How are you all? Sorry I have been a bit quiet lately - just needed a bit of time to myself and to spend with my DD. But I am feeling a bit better now, although I am still getting the occasional thoughtless remark that bites hard Anyway, I'm just waiting now for AF so we can get the TTC show back on the road. I'd love to be belly buddies with you all!

Big hugs to you Mumstar, how frustrating waiting that long for AF. You poor thing Have you thought about going back to your ob or calling him/her up to ask what they think? I find it hard to believe that there is nothing they can do for you until 16 weeks have passed. Do you know if you have Oed yet at all? I'm charting again now in the hopes that I can get a rough idea of when I O so I know when to expect AF back. I haven't Oed yet, but I'm really hoping it will be soon although I have no signs of it yet.

Nicambhar - that's good you are feeling less pressure, sometimes I think it a good thing to have something to focus on rather than just TTC KWIM? Good luck with the house building too - we built ours about 6 years ago and it was an adventure to say the least!

Sheree - I know exacty how you feel about the clock ticking - I am 37 and my DH is 41 and he may be out of a job next year too Oh well we've decided we can't put our lives on hold while we find out if he has a job or not. But I am wondering now if we had had our DD when we were younger then we wouldn't be so old and TTC again now, maybe I wouldn't have had this m/c if I was younger - I'm pretty good at driving myself nuts with questions since the m/c. I have to keep telling myself that I can't change all these things now, and that there is every chance that this m/c was just due to bad luck and that there is more than likely no reason for it to happen again. Why would I have a lovely DD if there is a reason that I can't have another one? Anyway, sorry - rambling on a bit now.

mumstar Guest

Megstar - When I saw my ob's at 6 week check - he said I should have probably had AF but it said he wasn't concerned. He said that I will just have to wait for it to happen. I have decieded that I will call him next week. I did OP test a few weeks ago and it came out positive for 5 days straight. So don't know if that had to do with the vitex.

Thanks Nicambar, sheer - I am sorry to rant considering that you both had losses just recently. Sorry to be a bit selfish with my problems. I hope you both are okay.

Hi all
    still getting there slowly- you girls know what I mean
    Ok Mumstar we are usually having a campaign to keep AF away- now we have a campaign to bring it visiting your door-lolol
    I was 4 weeks on Tuesday so waiting for my AF to come as well. HAve had that dragging feeling in my stomach now for nearly a week so been on NC (nicker checking) duty since then.
    I had spotting returning around 16 days Post op for 5 day- so think this was just after i o'ed.
    and now this dragging feeling is driving me nuts!
    Keeps on getting my hopes up that the spotting was implanting that is why its late- but after nearly 8 years of not being able to conceive naturally- i know that i am just setting myself up for disapointment. DH has said we can go back and do a FET with my last embie today - so now waiting to see what the next few days pan out.

i know that you mean about those thoughtless remarks megsmum - had a few of them this week and boy they still throw you for six hey- especially in social situations!
    Thats it for me- getting stronger emotionally- not fogetting what has happened, but accepting this path in my life a bit better now
    hang in there girls- together we will get there
    odette

I like that Odette, together we will get there! Hope you are pregnant naturally girly, wouldn't that be a lovely surprise. You so deserve it after all you have been through.

Mumstar - gosh please don't feel like you are taking over just because our losses are so fresh. You vent away, gosh I would hate that my af hadn't come back yet too! Hope you get to the bottom of it soon honey.

Megsmum - hi welcome back. Understandable you just want to chill out and spend time with your daughter, I too feel that way alot these days and yet I still find myself on here.....

Well everyone I went a Womens Wellness Clinic here the other day and had a papsmear. I have HPV and had to have another one 6 mths after my colposcopy to see if I still have low grade abnormalities. I have had then since Lachlan was born,appears I have had HPV for years but since having a baby my body wasn't making it so dormant anymore. So I am at high risk of cervical cancer now, but she ensured me that I have time and as long as I am monitored all is good. For it to go from low to high grade and can take a few years, so that gave me some reassurance. And she gave me reassurance that it wouldn't have caused my m/c. Feeling alot more confident about it all now. Only if this one comes back as abnormal again I have to have another colposcopy again and if I am pregnant then they will just wait until I have had bubs.

She also told me that the egg that split into two just recently there is no explanation for it, just a freak of nature! That is interesting hey. Twin pregnancies are high risk, but an egg that splits is even higher risk. Yes they are identical, but this type of scenario is where you can get siamese twins etc.... So no wonder the eggs had nothing in it, probably best off that my body knows when it aint on a good thing. Appears this scenario with nothing in the sacs is called a blighted ovum, I have heard that before but the gyno didn't say that to me.

girls,
    don't any of you feel guilt that you are 'taking over' - we are all here for each other - some days are bad and some are good- when you are having a bad day - vent away- as no doubt some of wil be having a good one and strong enough to prop us up!!!
    If we don't talk- then we don't acknowledge!!!!!
    Talk away and get it all out!!!!!!!

btw got a headache- sure sign AF has to be coming soon!!!!! Hurry up
    got to get the FET in this year as reached the safety net - so get 80% back-lolo
    I hate waiting!!!!
    how have you not pulled all your hair out in frustration waiting for AF mumstar????
    take care
    odette

mumstar Guest

LMAO - yeah Odette, I reckon I am almost bald!!! Thanks again everyone, odette/sheerjoy - it's true it is good to talk about things, we are have our good/bad days. Good talking to you guys.

Sheree - Wowser, 55 and a new daddy.. I think his fear is being classed as a golden oldie at the kid's 21st..LOL....Ooh, how did you find the women's wellness clinic? There is one here is Brissie that I have often thought of going to because I think that my dr is a bit of a fuddy duddy and doesn't listen to me..

Megsmum - no need to apologise for your absence... with this house building, I think the adventure is going to be finding a place to rent, phew, it's a PITA...

mumstar - The +ve OPK's 5 days straight probably do have something to do with the Vitex, it raises the LH in our system..

Odette - ROTFL about your NC, that's a classic.. I know what you mean though, I can get a bit obsessive about it..

As for me,, not sure what is happening. Think the hormones after the mc are still raging.. I do have quite a bit of O pain this evening and heaps of EWCM, so hopefully my temp will shoot up tomorrow so I don't have to bd any more - sad to say, it's getting a bit on the boring side. I really never thought that I would say that about sex. Take care girls, hope you are all well. xx

mumstar Guest

Nicambar - its true about BD'ing, especially every 2nd day it becomes a bit of a chore. LOL.

As for me, thursday I felt like I had PMT all day, then friday morning about 4am woke up in pain. But still no AF. Had this pain even when I tried to sit on my work chair and thorought day. Anyway, I had to take panadol every 4 hrs to help with the pain. But still no AF yesterday or today. The pain has eased. Please just hurry up and show!!!

ok girls got AF yesterday- so back in the game!! Rang IVF clinic and going to do a FET this time around with our solo frostie bub!!! This time its gonna work!!! I said all along to my DH that we would use the last frostie and here we are!!!
    first scan on the 30th so bring it on!!!
    mumstar i had AF pains for a week before i got mine- so annoying- so it must be on the way
    odette

So sorry Odette that AF came. But u have a great new plan in place! Fingers crossed for a sticky frosty! (ha ha - sounds funny but u know what i mean!).

Mumstar- hope the pains stop soon. Ouch, poor thing.

Nicambhar - i know what u mean about BD getting boring - i get a bit over it too towards the end of the 'marathon' around O time!

Megsmum - yeah, i hate it when people make thoughtless commetns too - they really seem to hit the hardest and on days like that i just wish i never got outta bed!

Shereejoy - it sounds like u r in the right hands at the Weelness Clininc hun. Sorry to hear about the HPV. At least they can treat it and you have plenty of time to get it all fixed up and solved.

treelo - hi matey, how r u?

Hi to everyone else.

I'm so over this 2WW thing; in fact, so over TCC in general. I wish i could turn my brain off for a while and not have to think about it! Have a good weekend everyone.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast