Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A missed miscarriage...

Hi Jane,

you know we are here for you and you can write to us when ever you need.....

I am glad you have such a loving partner to help you through this ...

:hugs: to you both ...............

It sure must be.. I think he is worried about me today cos i havnt cried.. Im very numb today.. He has gone down the street to do jobs but keeps asking me what can i do anything?? What can i do around the house.. So he is getting the house ready for christmas day which is very helpful cos im not up to it... It must be sooo hard for them..

Oh what a sweety....

Jane - I am still so sorry. I have a funny feeling that I have something here from you (I think??? ) and every time I look at it sitting in the tree I think of you
    I imagine the dr at casualty wants to ensure you are going to get the adequate follow up care. My GP wanted to see me a few weeks after the event to check my mental state mainly. As you are naturally miscarrying, its probably a good idea for them to keep an eye on whats going on inside you to ensure a D&C isn't needed.
    As for what helped - well a jolly big bottle of wine was very beneficial for me, but everyone is different.
    Use some heatpacks, dont be afraid to take pain relief as its needed, and try to get some rest.

Earthy Mom Guest

Janeo,
    I am so sorry for your loss, but you are not alone. I also had a missed miscarriage this past October. I went in for my first ultrasound at 9 weeks only to be told the baby did not have a hearbeat. the baby measured at 9 weeks so it was as if this just happened. I had no signs no cramping or bleeding... I was shocked to say the least. I opted to take the natural route and it was a long agonizing 2 weeks before my baby passed on October 26th, but i am glad I waited because i just didn't feel comfortable with D&C. It has been 8 weeks since my miscarriage and i am still bleeding lightly..My OB said it is due to me just shedding the uterine lining very slowly and did a cleaning procedure in the office along with 10 days of Provera to help. Hopefully this will get things back on track for me as everyday that i see this light flow is a constant reminder and makes it hard to try to move on. I wish you the best for the future. I know that this is a very hard time for you because it has been the hardest thing i have ever been through in my life but time will make you stronger.

Fi... i just checked out your new addition what a cutey..

Im glad i opened mine early cos it had a present for the baby and i was able to put it away now rather then recieve it christmas morning...

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Jane, Hun I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious angel. I am sending you huge huge hugs and will be thinking of you.

I am sure your precious angel is with your pop pop and they will both help you when the time is right for another precious bub.

Goodluck sweety

Well i went to see the dr who had seen me at casualty on Sunday he didnt realise that i already knew and had seen my normal dr.. So that was a bit frustrating.. He spoke to us about our decision to let it go naturally but this worried him and he went over the chances of it not completing which my other dr hadnt as i had been sooo upset it was too hard to take in.. So anyway i told him how i didnt want the D & C especially from the surgeon in town i dont like him and have heard some horror stories about him and we have no other options small town thing...

But he has told me about these tablets that he inserts in my vagina and it will then happen in the next few hrs or so.. I will have to be admitted for some of the day but at least it will be over with and we know that it will be over and not go on for too long or not know when it will end.. So at this stage if it hasnt happened by Friday morning im going in to get this done...

So hopefully i can get on with grieving and we can try and get back to being as normal as possible..

Hey Jane,
    If he is talking about misoprostal, thats what I had to take just before my D&C. Its apparently part of the abortion pill medication. They wanted me to "loosen" everything up for them, it improved the odds of them cleaning me out properly.
    I had to put them in at 5am, and report at the hospital by 8am. Until then my bleeding was very minimal, actually just brown mucus when I wiped. And I was 3w missed, so things were going very, very slowly for me.
    About 2hrs after I inserted them, I got really bad cramping and the bleeding got really, really heavy. So I probably starting to pass everything before theatre, but thats OK I guess.
    Its probably not a bad thing for him to suggest, you can do the pills yourself though I would think, and you might find things re a bit more gentle for you since you have already passed quite alot.
    Big hugs again.

Oh Jane, I am so so sorry :hugs:

Thanks Fi... I think he wants to monitor me incase i lose to much blood or something goes wrong.. That is the name of the drug they are giving me.. Yeah my bleeding has gone back to brown only when wiping with the odd fresh blood.. Unlike last night

Another question when will the rest of body go back to "normal" i mean i my bbs are still large with enlarge aoela which i didnt have prior to pg.. The dark hair line had appeared i cant even look at my body at the moment its just a reminder that these things are fake and pointless...

Dear Jane

Please know that I am so sorry for the loss of you dear little angel baby. You are in my thoughts hunny, just hang in there sweeting. Sending you the biggest warmest your way.

Love
    Spring Angel

Oh Jane, I am so sorry for your loss. I have tears in my eyes reading over all this and still cant believe that this is happening to you *hugs* Your much loved baby is looking over you in heaven and when the time is right, he/she will bring you another lil bundle of joy to you and Andrew.
    Remember, that you and Andrew are in my thoughts and if you ever need to talk, I am here for you *huge hugs*

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Jane....so sorry honey for the loss of your much loved and wanted little one. Such a sad time, but your little angel will be with you always and will watch over you and guide you through lifes journey.

Take Care. X

Janeo, again my love.
    Your body will over the next 2-3 weeks return to it's usual state. Once the HCG and Progesterone levels drop your breasts will lose their pregnant state. I know for me I have felt when going through this that I just want to go to sleep and wake again in 6 weeks when I will be starting to feel better. I imagine that you may be feeling something like that too.
    Let us all hold your hand as you go through this time. Thinking of you...

I am really sorry for your loss Jane. :hugs:

So i rang the dr today and we are going with the tablets Friday morning i go in.. Feeling a bit reliefed iykwim i know now it will be all over and i can try and enjoy christmas the best i can.. I spoke to a friend today who is 7 mths pg she was sooo sad for me she said she felt guilty about her pg that upset me cos i was sooo excited about her pg and still am cant wait to meet her bundle.. Im still finding it hard to think about my other friend who announced her pg the day i started bleeding she is due start of August and we would have been 3 weeks apart i really want to see her but i can bring myself to ring her i cant see her or her daughter to hard and raw...

Good news for you Jane. Hopefully will help you move on in a physical way.
    As for your friends - if they say they are sorry - they really are. While it might seem hard to see them, if they are offering a shoulder, you should take it.
    Bec was a godsend to me during my miscarriage. She just did everything right from sitting down to cry with me, to opening yet another bottle of wine Friends are important, and it will take some of the pressure off DP.

Thinking of you tomorrow It will be hard day. Take a Ipod or something like that and just blast music in your ears.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast